AcidTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 AcidTango
Member since 2013 • 3221 Posts

So yeah Activision merged the company Vicarious Visions (The company known for both the Crash Bandicoot Trilogy and Tony Hawk 1 and 2 remakes) with Blizzard.

This means that the people there will no longer be working on those titles anymore but instead work on Blizzard's games from now on.

Here is the full article:

https://www.ign.com/articles/activision-merges-blizzard-and-vicarious-visions

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44562 Posts

I don't play WoW or Overwatch, what else would they be making?

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41533 Posts

Just... no! Did that situation in Hong Kong hurt Blizzard so bad, they had to throw Activision's better devs to salvage it? Because... f***!

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#4 madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10589 Posts

Same old Activision. Studio does good work for them, they reward them by ripping their gonads out and make them a slave bitch for one of their money-printing franchises, because letting creative people be creative is against Bobby Kotick's religion or something. Did the same thing with Raven Software.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#5 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

TBH I feel Starcraft 2 needs to be remastered for console, with lots of Crash cameos and xtreme skateboarding mini games. So this seems like the perfect solution

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 nintendoboy16

@madrocketeer said:

Same old Activision. Studio does good work for them, they reward them by ripping their gonads out and make them a slave bitch for one of their money-printing franchises, because letting creative people be creative is against Bobby Kotick's religion or something. Did the same thing with Raven Software.

Ooh, Raven... RIP Jedi Knight (Outcast, Academy) and, Wolverine, and MUA1 (though I do like Tecmo/Team Ninja's take on the series).

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#7  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

I didn't think it was possible to hate Activision more boy was I wrong. The Tony Hawk remasters are some of the best remasters ever created and now we will probably never have 3 or 4 get remastered it is a damn shame. Vicarious Visions deserve better this is straight up bullshit I really feel bad for the devs.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61481 Posts

Vicarious recreates a gem and manages to at least match the excellent OG, and they get merged with Blizzard? Beautiful business strategy...

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9  Edited By Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15569 Posts

Soulless corporation strikes again. But to be fair Blizzard is dead as shit anyway and Vicarious has just been doing remakes and movie tie-ins, are we really hurting much from this merge?

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

Blizzard games suck. Never enjoyed any of their titles.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 nintendoboy16

@Vaasman said:

Soulless corporation strikes again. But to be fair Blizzard is dead as shit anyway and Vicarious has just been doing remakes and movie tie-ins, are we really hurting much from this merge?

After Crash and Tony Hawk, I'd say yeah..

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#12 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15914 Posts

People will still buy Diablo 4 anyway. All these negative threads do jack shit.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By madrocketeer
@Vaasman said:

True, it's not much of a pimple on my arsecheek. Hence my resigned and jaded "here we go again" response.

And yeah, I've said this a long time ago; Blizzard today is a zombie studio, shambling aimlessly, wearing the flayed, rotting skin of its once-respected name as a mockery of its former self. All their best and brightest have already left.

Mike Morhaime went and founded Dreamhaven in the same town as Blizzard, and are rumoured to have been leeching talent off of Blizzard. I'd look to that for old Blizzard.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@madrocketeer: Lets not forget what they did to Bizarre Creations too.

**** CRAPtivision, once they closed Bizarre i swore i would never buy another game that company made, and still haven't bought one to this day.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

No. Blizzard merges your ass with that trash studio Activision.

Blizzard is in charge they made Warcraft 1-3 Diablo 1-2 and WoW and Starcraft and they just made OverWatch.

SHUT YOUYR FRIGGIN MOUTH Activision you are the trash that needs to merge with that crap studio that i've never heard of not blizzard.

This deal is getting worse all the time.

YOU MERGE WITH THEM ACTI!

Why the F would Blizzard merge with this 2nd rate studio who I never heard of?

AcidTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 AcidTango
Member since 2013 • 3221 Posts

@madrocketeer said:

I agree. Remember what they did to the original Call Of Duty creators? Activision treated them like trash even though they helped made a franchise for them which to this day makes Activision billions of dollars every year.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17  Edited By judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7270 Posts

@Vaasman: Not really, but I was looking forward to a THPS 3+4 remake though. Did the 1+2 remake not meet sales targets?

Who am I kidding, it's Activision. The game probably exceeded sales expectations, and they did this anyway because Diablo 4 is more GAASable.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 madrocketeer

Some info, courtesy of our old friend Jason Schreier:

Interesting. So Vicarious Visions is now Blizzard's new Classic Team after their old Classic Team f***ed up Warcraft III: Reforged. Now this makes a whole lot more sense. Vicarious Visions made two successful remasters/remakes, so they're bringing in people who actually know what the f*** they're doing.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#19 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34605 Posts

Umm.. k.

If I still cared about Blizzard, I'd be a bit weirded out.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By nintendoboy16

@madrocketeer said:

Some info, courtesy of our old friend Jason Schreier:

Interesting. So Vicarious Visions is now Blizzard's new Classic Team after their old Classic Team f***ed up Warcraft III: Reforged. Now this makes a whole lot more sense. Vicarious Visions made two successful remasters/remakes, so they're bringing in people who actually know what the f*** they're doing.

Nope! Just no! Classic team died a while ago and Chris Metzen was the final straw when he left.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

2 great studios merging into one is fantastic news. I love Overwatch and I love the Crash/THPS remakes.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18252 Posts

I heard there was a Diablo 2 remake on the works ... hope it goes well for the studio.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#23 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58305 Posts

Why are they making a Diablo 2 remake while also working on Diablo 4.

Unless they plan to bundle them together maybe?

@xantufrog said:

TBH I feel Starcraft 2 needs to be remastered for console, with lots of Crash cameos and xtreme skateboarding mini games. So this seems like the perfect solution

Need them as characters in Heroes of the Storm, too.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#24  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58305 Posts

Mike and Amy Morhaime better bring back the classic Blizzard magic with his new studio Dreamhaven. Sounds like a real developer's developer so I have high hopes.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By deactivated-60bf765068a74

@madsnakehhh said:

I heard there was a Diablo 2 remake on the works ... hope it goes well for the studio.

I mean after the WarCraft: 3 Reforged disaster where they let China make the in game models for the game that looked ugly as fk and worse than original.

I dunno if I can trust Blizzard right now. Even if the diablo 2 remake looks epic I'm scared of that company they should not have put that game out it ruined there reputation.

Blizzard used to cancel really bad games like that one starcraft ghosts and that warcraft adventure game but now they put out crap like reforged it didn't make any sense to me im scared of the new blizzard now.

WoW Classic was great but I think I'm done with that and not into overwatch or hearthstone right now and SC2 was trash compared to the first on theres no chatrooms theres no clans theres no community sc1 blew that game into the dumpster can.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46282 Posts

@madrocketeer said:

Activision doesn't care about games that make money (Tony Hawk, Crash, Singularity, Wolfenstein) they only care about the games that make ALL the money.

If a game isn't making them all the money in the world like Call of Duty and Overwatch, they think it's not worth doing.

Another sad day for gaming this... sigh.

ZmanBarzel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ZmanBarzel
Member since 2014 • 3138 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

Why are they making a Diablo 2 remake while also working on Diablo 4.

Unless they plan to bundle them together maybe?

Guessing? D2 is a stop-gap while they spend even more time on D4.

schu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 schu
Member since 2003 • 10191 Posts

I'm not so sure this would turn out good. They'll probably meddle with how they are doing things and potentially remove their ability to do the magic they do.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#29 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58952 Posts

Does Diablo 2 really need remade?

Regardless, can just see it pissing people off for not being Diablo 2... which they can already play.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

Does Diablo 2 really need remade?

Regardless, can just see it pissing people off for not being Diablo 2... which they can already play.

It will. Blizzard will break it and force the "remake/remaster"on new and existing users.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44163 Posts

I just want Diablo IV and if this speeds up that process then I’m all for it.

Atomic1977

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Atomic1977
Member since 2004 • 344 Posts

Perhaps the Diablo 2 remake will be even better than the original Diablo 2. It will probably have upgraded graphics for todays computers. Which is what they tried to do with Warcraft 3.

schu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 schu
Member since 2003 • 10191 Posts

@Atomic1977 said:

Perhaps the Diablo 2 remake will be even better than the original Diablo 2. It will probably have upgraded graphics for todays computers. Which is what they tried to do with Warcraft 3.

I think this is a possible outcome, I think it depends if they let the team they've assigned do their thing or if they try to meddle too much.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By deactivated-60bf765068a74

@Archangel3371 said:

I just want Diablo IV and if this speeds up that process then I’m all for it.

Diablo 3 was trash though compared to Diablo 2. So why would you be more excited for Diablo 4 over a proven infinitely repayable masterpiece like diablo 2? (does not compute)

I Beat diablo 3 once and I literally have had enough of the game and I never wanted to touch it again.

I've beat diablo 2 on hell difficulty on all the characters I think there was 7. The expansion characters atleast 80+ levels on a ton of them. Its not even a contests were talking 10,000 hours on diablo 2 vs like 20 on diablo 3. That's how great diablo 2 was and how trash diablo 3 was.

Diablo 3 was literally casual trash just made to make a few pennies on the brand name diablo 1 and diablo 2 had built up.

Diablo 2 was built from scratch to be a masterpiece in everyway it craps all over path of exile it strangles all the other games like it.

I just have no words for you.

This is the type of guy here who will being twiddlying his thumbs playing regular WoW over the GOAT Classic WoW when both options are available.

Literally here is Archangel at your service the guy just twiddling his thumbs around...Oh this is new and shiny (like a tom holland spiderman fan basically) ill play it once that'll be it. Whoopity doo da whoopity day my oh my oh my what a wonderful day.

Seriously get some friggin integrity literally. You make me sick.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44163 Posts

@ProtossRushX: That was just too awesome of a post. Thanks for cracking me up. 🤣🤣🤣

I really enjoyed Diablo 3 and am very hyped for Diablo 4. I also really enjoyed Diablo 2 as well. I also can’t wait to read more posts from you crying and acting like an utter buffoon. 😅

Edit: You’ll also love to know that I purchased both the 360 version and the Xbox One version along with the DLC of course. 😅

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 6865 Posts

Maybe a single player game based off a Blizzard IP.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46282 Posts

@girlusocrazy said:

I guess this is because Vicarious is working on Diablo 2? Someone needs to help them with Overwatch because that thing fizzled out

Isn't Overwatch 2 coming?

Moistcarrot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Moistcarrot
Member since 2015 • 1474 Posts

rip