Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#1 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24937 Posts

Sauce

Call Of Duty 2020 confirmed, Activision planning

WOW im shocked!!. COD?? coming this year?

didnot expect its coming.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17663 Posts

Yawn.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15932 Posts

Interested where they will be going for this year's edition. Hopefully Soviet - Afganistan war. Seems like unique perspective.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46358 Posts

Great news. I hope it has a singleplayer like last years and I hope it's not BLOPS.

Last years campaign was great with some really memorable moments.

It also offered a no-HUD mode which is something I always love seeing.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34628 Posts

Nice! Gonna have to find time to play it between Assassin's Creed 27 and FarCry 12.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

Modern Warfare was horrible so there's zero chance of me picking up this years version.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#7 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17815 Posts

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8778 Posts

@vfighter said:

Modern Warfare was horrible so there's zero chance of me picking up this years version.

Aw, man. Don't say that. I couldn't get past the first 10 min. In single player, but multiplayer is amazing fun. Just fucking splendiferous!

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52430 Posts

Get rid off the drama jesus christ. If you do drama, do Michael Bay drama. 2019 MW was just obnoxious.

War bad.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56150 Posts

No single player, no buy. That single player in Modern Warfare 2019 was really awesome. As long as you offer me single player in CoD 2020, we can be friends :)

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Ghosts4ever

@freedomfreak said:

Get rid off the drama jesus christ. If you do drama, do Michael Bay drama. 2019 MW was just obnoxious.

War bad.

I watch some of MW 2019 footage as i have no desire to play it. and cutscenes while looks fantastic show horrible drama etc.

MW2 was actually good COD campaign. these games are mockery.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7239 Posts

Find it hard to get hyped for COD I haven't brought one day one since black ops 2. The changes are not enough game to game to warrant the £50 every year.

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By npiet1
Member since 2018 • 3576 Posts

Picking up day 1, always miss the buzy zombie lobbies.

@vfighter said:

Different Devs, so Zombies

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#14 madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10590 Posts

According to Jason Schreier, the original plan was a Sledgehammer + Raven collaboration, but they fucked up, so Treyarch have taken over and it's going to be Black Ops 5.

Whoopdy doo.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 R4gn4r0k

@davillain- said:

No single player, no buy. That single player in Modern Warfare 2019 was really awesome. As long as you offer me single player in CoD 2020, we can be friends :)

Doesn't sound like this will have singleplayer, but I sure hope it does.

Modern Warfare 2019 was really awesome indeed. Nice representation of current day events. Very immersive thanks to the No HUD mode.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 VFighter

@DEVILinIRON: See I hated the MP, the ungodly horrible maps (seriously these might be the worst maps in COD history), sluggish controls, horrible lag/hit detection, everything felt unbalanced. I'll stick to Modern Warfare Remastered which I'm still having a blast with.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8477 Posts

What a shocker!

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 VFighter

@DEVILinIRON: See I hated the MP, the ungodly horrible maps (seriously these might be the worst maps in COD history), sluggish controls, horrible lag/hit detection, everything felt unbalanced. I'll stick to Modern Warfare Remastered which I'm still having a blast with.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Ghosts4ever

@R4gn4r0k said:

Modern Warfare 2019 was really awesome indeed. Nice representation of current day events. Very immersive thanks to the No HUD mode.

my friend, you are very much easily impressed by COD games.

these games offer absolutely nothing. 3 hour QTE on rail segments now with shiny graphics.

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#20 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

Wish I was a trillionaire, buy them out and instantly close the company.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 R4gn4r0k

@ghosts4ever said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

these games offer absolutely nothing. 3 hour QTE on rail segments now with shiny graphics.

But also:

@ghosts4ever said:

I watch some of MW 2019 footage as i have no desire to play it.

You didn't play it.

But no, I'm not easily impressed. Call of Duty 1&2 are still 2 fantastic games to this day.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Ghosts4ever

@R4gn4r0k said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

But also:

@ghosts4ever said:

I watch some of MW 2019 footage as i have no desire to play it.

You didn't play it.

But no, I'm not easily impressed. Call of Duty 1&2 are still 2 fantastic games to this day.

yes COD1 and 2 were great. but new ones are 6 hour on rail QTE fest. waste of time.

you were impressed by COD WW2, then Modern warfare 2019.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 R4gn4r0k

@ghosts4ever said:

yes COD1 and 2 were great. but new ones are 6 hour on rail QTE fest. waste of time.

you were impressed by COD WW2, then Modern warfare 2019.

I wasn't as impressed by the Normandy landing in COD WW2 as I was in MOHAA or the stalingrad landing in COD1.

Still, the sound design in that level in COD WW2 was impressive. The thumping sound of mortars landing right besides your landing craft.

Yes, both COD WW2 and COD MW 2019 were very immersive games to me. What's wrong with feeling that way?

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Ghosts4ever

@R4gn4r0k said:

Yes, both COD WW2 and COD MW 2019 were very immersive games to me. What's wrong with feeling that way?

I dont call 6 hour scripted QTE fest immersive. they are perfect example how not to make games.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 R4gn4r0k

@ghosts4ever said:

I dont call 6 hour scripted QTE fest immersive. they are perfect example how not to make games.

A movie like 1917 can be immersive and that's only 2 hours long.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Ghosts4ever

@R4gn4r0k said:
@ghosts4ever said:

A movie like 1917 can be immersive and that's only 2 hours long.

thats the movie. not a game

games should be gamey. not interactive movies for casuals.

COD almost ruined FPS until Doom Save it.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By R4gn4r0k

@ghosts4ever said:

thats the movie. not a game

games should be gamey. not interactive movies for casuals.

COD almost ruined FPS until Doom Save it.

And now we know the true meaning behind this thread:

You just want to bitch and whine about the games you don't like and praise the games you do like to the high heavens. Again and again.

Just accept that there are people (like me and many more) that can enjoy both COD and DOOM style of games.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#28  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

I still have to play the 2019 MW game. Is its single player actually good or just 'good for a call of duty game'?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56150 Posts

@KungfuKitten said:

I still have to play the 2019 MW game. Is its single player actually good or just 'good for a call of duty game'?

It's really great and my expectations were low but wow, it was awesome and like @R4gn4r0k said, very immersive and while I only played and beat it once, I need to replay it at some point. I only got it just for the campaign and I hardly played MP.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#30 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44228 Posts

Woah. I didn’t see that coming.

Sarcasm aside I do very much enjoy the Call of Duty games so I am really looking forward to seeing what this next game will be like. However if there’s no single player campaign then it’ll most likely get a pass from me.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 PC_Rocks

Ghost is really trying hard to imitate cup. :D Seems like cup is his 2nd crush are Doom Slayer!

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By R4gn4r0k

@davillain- said:
@KungfuKitten said:

It's really great and my expectations were low but wow, it was awesome and like @R4gn4r0k said, very immersive and while I only played and beat it once, I need to replay it at some point. I only got it just for the campaign and I hardly played MP.

Yeah, I'd say if you are interested in the setting: which is about current day terrorist hunting, than it's a pretty sweet COD campaign.

I also don't really play the MP anymore.

Avatar image for deactivated-6068afec1b77d
deactivated-6068afec1b77d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#33 deactivated-6068afec1b77d
Member since 2017 • 2539 Posts

I already knew about this 2 week's ago by hacking Activision. Since their video games are lazy I assumed their cybersecurity would be to.

dxmcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 dxmcat
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts

@pc_rocks said:

Ghost is really trying hard to imitate cup. :D Seems like cup is his 2nd crush are Doom Slayer!

While I'm sure english is not his first language, when i see a title with "Activesion" , at least cup can spell names right.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#35 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59024 Posts

@dxmcat said:
@pc_rocks said:

While I'm sure english is not his first language, when i see a title with "Activesion" , at least cup can spell names right.

To be fair Ghost speaks multiple languages, being Scottish I speak about quarter of one, the rest is mostly sounds.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Ghosts4ever

@dxmcat: well you should excited about it. Its MP game after all.

dxmcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 dxmcat

@uninspiredcup said:
@dxmcat said:
@pc_rocks said:

To be fair Ghost speaks multiple languages, being Scottish I speak about quarter of one, the rest is mostly sounds.

Fair enough. :D

As for MP/SP, i remember when devs did both, not one or the other.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Ghosts4ever

@dxmcat said:

very few games did. and even those that did both manage to be short experience.

I never seen anyone praising Half life MP (CS is different thing), or praising FEAR MP or STALKER or Crysis MP. never seen anyone.

or if we count immersive sim like Deus Ex and System shock. no body praise thier MP.

its always been like that either game is MP Focus (CS, UT, Quake, TF2) or SP focus (Half life, Doom, Crysis, STALKER).

only ones that come to my mind are COD 1/2 and MOH allied assault and even they have short campaign. and somewhat scripted.

theres the reason why last gen was worst gen ever. nearly every FPS tried to be all rounder but end up sucking ie 6 hour scripted camapign and generic deathmatches etc.

dxmcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 dxmcat

@ghosts4ever: It is like talking to a wall, you just dont get it. 3rd party mods should not be discounted from a overall game experience because they have been the source of the most successful games today. Just leaving the field open did more than enough good, but they don't do that anymore. Almost all the devs are shitting on the potential of 3rd party mods, cause they are pissed they wont get any $ from it. (Your overlords at Shithesda are one of the biggest). Sorry you are completely oblivious. CS, user made, Mobas, user made, Pubg, user made. Hit up wikipedia once and a while.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#40  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59024 Posts

@dxmcat said:

@ghosts4ever: It is like talking to a wall, you just dont get it. 3rd party mods should not be discounted from a overall game experience because they have been the source of the most successful games today. Just leaving the field open did more than enough good, but they don't do that anymore. Almost all the devs are shitting on the potential of 3rd party mods, cause they are pissed they wont get any $ from it. (Your overlords at Shithesda are one of the biggest). Sorry you are completely oblivious. CS, user made, Mobas, user made, Pubg, user made. Hit up wikipedia once and a while.

Ghost is trying to discounting third party mods because the Doom he now enjoys is a console port that doesn't care about mods unless it's stealing from them.

Also very wrong about Halflife MP, it was very popular back in the day. Likewise Jedi Outcast, RTCW, Rainbow 6, Delta Force and a whole bunch of shit had great SP/MP.

Nowdays MP is less thought of as fun and more a pyramid scheme to see what the scummy pieces of shit can get away with.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Ghosts4ever

@uninspiredcup said:
@dxmcat said:

Ghost is trying to discounting third party mods because the Doom he now enjoys is a console port that doesn't care about mods unless it's stealing from them.

this Doom "console" port is far more fun and PC oriented than your fav games like resident evil lol. or rather if this is console game than console are better than ever been.

@dxmcat said:

Again changing topics. we are talking about MP/SP contents not mods. 3rd party mods work only on STALKER and without mods there wont be STALKER at all.

you just change the topic. and lol PUBG, its terrible mess.

dxmcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 dxmcat

@ghosts4ever: PUBG was born out of an Arma 2 mod. mods ARE sp/mp content, sorry you are too dense to recognize that. Even YPOD for quake is literally what doom eternal storyline is, but you wouldnt know two shits about that.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Ghosts4ever

@dxmcat said:

@ghosts4ever: PUBG was born out of an Arma 2 mod. mods ARE sp/mp content, sorry you are too dense to recognize that. Even YPOD for quake is literally what doom eternal storyline is, but you wouldnt know two shits about that.

whatever but point is. its terrible game that is overpopulated by bunch of non gamers especially PUBG mobile.

im sorry but instead of mods or MP, some of us prefer good SP story driven games that engage us.

dxmcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 dxmcat

so you mobile game, great, I don't. that speaks volumes about you.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Ghosts4ever

@dxmcat said:

not me but peoples i know ie bunch of non gamers.

also id software save SP FPS. otherwise there was a time many articles claim FPS campaign dying. thanks for id and Doom, they save it. gaming is saved.

meanwhile next COD will be on rail shooter with press f to pay respect.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#46  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

@davillain- said:
@KungfuKitten said:

Thanks for telling me. I'm putting it on the shortlist of games I'll be playing.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#47 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44577 Posts

As someone who has had a long falling out with COD I did enjoy the last one a great deal. I might check this one out. I really only play these for the SP and for last one I certainly enjoyed it. Hopefully next one showcases next gen systems and their graphical capabilities, but wouldn't surprise me if they don't want to alienate current gen hardware.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 PC_Rocks

@ghosts4ever said:
@dxmcat said:

very few games did. and even those that did both manage to be short experience.

I never seen anyone praising Half life MP (CS is different thing), or praising FEAR MP or STALKER or Crysis MP. never seen anyone.

or if we count immersive sim like Deus Ex and System shock. no body praise thier MP.

its always been like that either game is MP Focus (CS, UT, Quake, TF2) or SP focus (Half life, Doom, Crysis, STALKER).

only ones that come to my mind are COD 1/2 and MOH allied assault and even they have short campaign. and somewhat scripted.

theres the reason why last gen was worst gen ever. nearly every FPS tried to be all rounder but end up sucking ie 6 hour scripted camapign and generic deathmatches etc.

Wait, what? Nobody praised Crysis MP? They had a special edition titled Crysis Wars and the game mode was fairly popular and praised. They just butchered it with the sequel in order to appease the CoD crowd along with SP.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29826 Posts

Who's Activesion?

dxmcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 dxmcat

@ghosts4ever said:
@dxmcat said:

not me but peoples i know ie bunch of non gamers.

also id software save SP FPS. otherwise there was a time many articles claim FPS campaign dying. thanks for id and Doom, they save it. gaming is saved.

meanwhile next COD will be on rail shooter with press f to pay respect.

can't get much more on rails than SP fps, lol. casual on.