Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By Johnny-n-Roger
Member since 2003 • 15151 Posts

@stuff238 said:

This thread is so pointless. Steam/valve already confirmed 99.999999% of PC gamers are using mid grade 1080p PC’s at best.

Most of you guys don’t have a $5000 Beast PC that can run 4K at 60FPS let alone 30FPS.

Consoles win.

That's a deflection. I'm not going to say that the XBOX One X is irrelevant because an overwhelming number of console gamers don't own one. ITT M3 and others hardly take a position regarding a typical console/dispaly setup. If we're limited to what's typical, then 4k isn't even a thing for consoles.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#152  Edited By Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts
@hawkeye44 said:

HDR on 60+ inch TV + Couch>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 60fps on a tiny ass monitor while sitting on a desk

This. Bubububub muh manitars!

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#153 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@stuff238 said:

This thread is so pointless. Steam/valve already confirmed 99.999999% of PC gamers are using mid grade 1080p PC’s at best.

Most of you guys don’t have a $5000 Beast PC that can run 4K at 60FPS let alone 30FPS.

Consoles win.

Nah, you just lose, like always:

Doesn't matter what the majority have.

The majority don't have PS4 Pros or Xbox One Xs... a way smaller amount than capable PCs.

What matters is "What IS available".

But you already knew that.

<--- exists therefore your statement is pointless.

Oh, and f*ck 4k... the most minor of upgrade paths.... you guys are so easy to market to its a joke.

m3Boarder32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 m3Boarder32
Member since 2002 • 9526 Posts

@MBirdy88 said:
@stuff238 said:

Consoles win.

The majority don't have PS4 Pros or Xbox One Xs... a way smaller amount than capable PCs.

Oh, and f*ck 4k... the most minor of upgrade paths.... you guys are so easy to market to its a joke.

See how easy that was @zaryia But i know you wont post proof, since we all know your still rocking a GTX 670

MBirdy straight flexing on your ass tho lmao

Johnny-n-Roger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 Johnny-n-Roger

@Epak_ said:
@hawkeye44 said:

HDR on 60+ inch TV + Couch>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 60fps on a tiny ass monitor while sitting on a desk

/stroke.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11799 Posts

@MBirdy88: Don't forget that there are hundreds of millions of PC gamers so even if only 1% them use cards capable of playing games at 4k 60fps max settings that is still a lot and definitely a lot more than the number of PS4 Pros and Xbox One Xs.

Can't wait for HDR to be the norm on PC just so I can watch all the consolites argue its irrelevant and graphics don't matter anymore.

stuff238

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#157 stuff238
Member since 2012 • 3284 Posts

PC gaming has been such a joke since Crysis. That was the only big AAA game that forced people to buy new hardware.

Where is the next big PC game/Crysis? I am rocking a GTX 745/i7/16GB Ram and I can play pretty much everything. I see no PC game on the horizon or coming soon that will make me upgrade.

What a damn joke.

Johnny-n-Roger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By Johnny-n-Roger

@stuff238 said:

PC gaming has been such a joke since Crysis. That was the only big AAA game that forced people to buy new hardware.

Where is the next big PC game/Crysis? I am rocking a GTX 745/i7/16GB Ram and I can play pretty much everything. I see no PC game on the horizon or coming soon that will make me upgrade.

What a damn joke.

You don't see them on the horizon because they're already half a decade behind you. Don't pretend your touching 1080p @ 30 FPS on better than medium-low settings with that PoS GPU.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@stuff238 said:

What a damn joke.

Doubt you can play anything with that shitty GPU

m3Boarder32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 m3Boarder32

@NoodleFighter said:

@MBirdy88: Don't forget that there are hundreds of millions of PC gamers so even if only 1% them use cards capable of playing games at 4k 60fps max settings that is still a lot and definitely a lot more than the number of PS4 Pros and Xbox One Xs.

Can't wait for HDR to be the norm on PC just so I can watch all the consolites argue its irrelevant and graphics don't matter anymore.

Every PC Gamer has Steam, there’s 125-150 million active steam accounts.

1% of 150 million is 1.5 million.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#161  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17821 Posts

@m3Boarder32 said:
@BassMan said:

Resolution, HDR, graphic fidelity, etc. really don't mean shit unless the frame rate is 60fps or more.

Disagree. 60 FPs don’t mean shit If The graphical fidelity is 2nd place

... and that is why you have the wrong priorities and play on a peasant box. Performance should always come first and foremost as it directly affects the gameplay and feel of the game. Graphics should always be secondary. If you have a good gaming PC, you don't have to compromise.

m3Boarder32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 m3Boarder32

@BassMan said:
@m3Boarder32 said:
@BassMan said:

Resolution, HDR, graphic fidelity, etc. really don't mean shit unless the frame rate is 60fps or more.

... and that is why you have the wrong priorities and play on a peasant box. Performance should always come first and foremost as it directly affects the gameplay and feel of the game. Graphics should always be secondary. If you have a good gaming PC, you don't have to compromise.

enjoy 2nd place fidelity :)

You’re compromising worse HDR and Audio Support for frame rates.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By BassMan

@m3Boarder32 said:
@BassMan said:
@m3Boarder32 said:
@BassMan said:

Second place fidelity... LOL. Most console games don't run at the highest PC settings. Also, PC has HDR and Atmos support just like the X1X. It may not have as many supported titles right now, but that will change over time. The shit performance and CPU bottleneck of current consoles is not going to change over time, so you are fucked.

As far as compromises go... any sensible gamer will gladly sacrifice other things to achieve a good frame rate. You just have your head too far up your ass to see that.

m3Boarder32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By m3Boarder32

@BassMan said:
@m3Boarder32 said:
@BassMan said:
@m3Boarder32 said:

Second place fidelity... LOL. Most console games don't run at the highest PC settings. Also, PC has HDR and Atmos support just like the X1X. It may not have as many supported titles right now, but that will change over time.

As far as compromises go... any sensible gamer will gladly sacrifice other things to achieve a good frame rate. You just have your head too far up your ass to see that.

The gap will widen lol.

HDR will standardize and be on every game once next gen consoles are out.

dont worry PC will finally reap the rewards than, but as usual consoles predicate gaming standards

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 BassMan

@m3Boarder32 said:

The gap will widen lol.

Yes, the gap of 60fps+ games on PC vs. console will widen.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts
@BassMan said:

Or he's trolling because he has no argument.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

@m3Boarder32 said:
@phbz said:

100% agree. 4k/60fps it's the best way to sign petitions when begging for games.

Savage AF lmao

PC has the highest AAA/AA titles at GS and Metacritic. Exponentially more 80%+ scoring titles.

Don't you trolls ever get tired of being wrong?

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By BassMan
@Juub1990 said:
@BassMan said:

Obviously he is trolling, but we are all playing along. The clown show is quite amusing. He should team up with Exposed Clown for a super show. LOL :)

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By Zaryia

@m3Boarder32 said:market to its a joke.

See how easy that was @zaryia

If it's so easy you'll surely screenshot your initial claim which started this all, of the PM where your friend hacked my PC and got my specs.

Burden of Proof.

m3Boarder32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 m3Boarder32

@Juub1990 said:
@BassMan said:

I’m just being honest, and not everyone has the same priorities.

HDR > You

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By Zaryia

@Epak_ said:
@hawkeye44 said:

PC can use any TV, and better than consoles can....are you guys brain dead?

@stuff238 said:

Consoles win.

1. It doesn't take a $5000 PC to beat XB1X or PS PRO.

2. According to Steam HWS, A larger number of steam owners have a PC that beats XB1X or PSPRO than the number of those systems sold.

Consoles literally lose again, factually speaking.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 Zaryia

@m3Boarder32 said:
@Juub1990 said:
@BassMan said:

HDR > You

Digital Foundry said Witcher 3 looks better on PC even after HDR.

Digital Foundry continues to claim over 95% of multiplats this gen are better on PC.

XB1X has many games that run at shit FPS, no matter what you do.

PC > Xbox1.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@m3Boarder32 said:
@MBirdy88 said:
@stuff238 said:

Consoles win.

See how easy that was @zaryia But i know you wont post proof, since we all know your still rocking a GTX 670

In all fairness, I wouldn't be arguing if I didn't have experience of both ends... providing proof just shuts people up.

If I was a really casual person who had a passing interest in Video Games I wouldn't be churping up, but lets face reality here, you have low end marketed devices (consoles), then you have "what you make of it" PCs.....

Leagues apart in capabilities and gaming libraries, no boring Single Player Focused Scripted Action TPS games from Sony will change that. And no "early lead" on HDR will make me buy a exclusive-less Xbox One X that sacrifices so much.

These devices are so limited you need to pile all three to compete on paper, even then the crippeling walled garden enviroments and s*it backwards compatibility and lack of emulation cripple them.

It's not a hard conclusion to come to, peasants will always list that 3-4 games (that took 5 years to accumulate) as reason enough... none would admit they could probably find 20 games they like more on PC simply because of the shear variety and availability.

But hey.

m3Boarder32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 m3Boarder32

@MBirdy88 said:
@m3Boarder32 said:
@MBirdy88 said:
@stuff238 said:

Consoles win.

In all fairness, I wouldn't be arguing if I didn't have experience of both ends... providing proof just shuts people up.

If I was a really casual person who had a passing interest in Video Games I wouldn't be churping up, but lets face reality here, you have low end marketed devices (consoles), then you have "what you make of it" PCs.....

Leagues apart in capabilities and gaming libraries, no boring Single Player Focused Scripted Action TPS games from Sony will change that. And no "early lead" on HDR will make me byy a exclusive-less Xbox One X that sacrifices so much.

These devices are so limited you need to pile all three to compete on paper, even then the crippeling walled garden enviroments and s*it backwards compatibility and lack of emulation cripple them.

It's not a hard conclusion to come to, peasants will always list that 3-4 games (that took 5 years to accumulate) as reason enough... none would admit they could probably find 20 games they like more on PC simply because of the shear variety and availability.

But hey.

In your opinion

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By Zaryia

@m3Boarder32 said:In your opinion

In your opinion I have a bad PC. As you have not posted a picture of the PM you claimed to have in which your friend hacked my PC.

In your opinion Digital Foundry, Gamespot, and Metacritic are wrong - and PC is not the best.

m3Boarder32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By m3Boarder32

@zaryia said:

In your opinion I have a bad PC. As you have not posted a picture of the PM you claimed to have.

Just stop, I’m not going to go on a quoting spree with you again just so I can be -karmad until I can’t post. Tired of having a mod review and reset my Karma.

enjoy your GTX 670, I did too half A decade ago

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By BassMan

@m3Boarder32 said:
@Juub1990 said:
@BassMan said:

HDR > You

Since you are more concerned about how games look than how they play, you probably should just stick to movies as they look better than games. Also, PS4 has a lot of movie games that look great and run at 30fps for you. No Atmos though.

m3Boarder32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 m3Boarder32

@BassMan said:
@m3Boarder32 said:
@Juub1990 said:
@BassMan said:

HDR > You

Since you are more concerned about how games look than how they play, you probably should just stick to movies as they look better than games. Also, PS4 has a lot of movie games that look great and run at 30fps for you.

The better they look and sound, the more I feel like I’m part of the game.

I have a PS4 Pro, it’s been phenomenal. I’m a little annoyed at how loud it can get tho.

m3Boarder32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 m3Boarder32

And a 2 Nintendo Switches

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 BassMan

@m3Boarder32 said:
@BassMan said:
@m3Boarder32 said:
@Juub1990 said:
@BassMan said:

HDR > You

Since you are more concerned about how games look than how they play, you probably should just stick to movies as they look better than games. Also, PS4 has a lot of movie games that look great and run at 30fps for you.

I have a PS4 Pro, it’s been phenomenal. I’m a little annoyed at how loud it can get tho.

How is the PS4 Pro phenomenal if it does not have Atmos? Surely, something can not be phenomenal if does not have Atmos right?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@m3Boarder32 said:
@BassMan said:
@m3Boarder32 said:
@Juub1990 said:

HDR > You

Understatement of the century... the thing is like a jet engine :/ makes me not want to use it at all.

In response to your early post.

Your entitled to a narrow minded opinion, that's fine, more power to you.

m3Boarder32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 m3Boarder32

@BassMan said:
@m3Boarder32 said:
@BassMan said:
@m3Boarder32 said:
@Juub1990 said:

HDR > You

How is the PS4 Pro phenomenal if it does not have Atmos? Surely, something can not be phenomenal if does not have Atmos right?

You’re right, a little strong with the adjective :)

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts
@m3Boarder32 said:

So you have a 10,000$ set up but only about 7 games are phenomenal on it? Kinda ironic you are one of the guys constantly comparing the quality/price of a PC vs an Xbox One X.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@Juub1990 said:
@m3Boarder32 said:

So you have a 10,000$ set up but only about 7 games are phenomenal on it? Kinda ironic you are one of the guys constantly comparing the quality/price of a PC vs an Xbox One X.

Yea I think it's time to stop.

As you said about Pedro...

Feeding this guy is just as bad.

Fact's don't work when you are only experience the one side of the fence (console gaming) ... just emotional defensive responses from them.

"In your opinion, my opinion with no experience is all that matters" .. f*ck it, lets have a world focus on opinions!

m3Boarder32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 m3Boarder32

@Juub1990 said:
@m3Boarder32 said:

I never bring up price, only add to the discussion when it’s already being discussed.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By Zaryia

@m3Boarder32 said:
@zaryia said:

In your opinion I have a bad PC. As you have not posted a picture of the PM you claimed to have.

enjoy your GTX 670

You said you got the information that I currently use a GTX 670 from a PM by someone who hacked my PC.

Post the PM with a screenshot or admit you randomly made that up.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By Zaryia

@m3Boarder32 said:

According to digital foundry a significant majority of games this gen look better on PC. Including Witcher 3 with HDR on XB1X.

You've stated Xbox360 games looked better than PC as well. You've stated 30 fps > 60 fps. Your opinion is not valid over that of Digital Foundry's analysis.

m3Boarder32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By m3Boarder32

@MBirdy88 said:
@Juub1990 said:
@m3Boarder32 said:

Fact's don't work when you are only experience the one side of the fence (console gaming) ... just emotional defensive responses from them.

"In your opinion, my opinion with no experience is all that matters" .. f*ck it, lets have a world focus on opinions!

I’ve had a 5870, GTX 670, and GTX 970.

Yall just sound mad that I didn’t go from a 970 to a 1070, I chose an X1X instead.

It’s laughable that you peasants think it’s irreprehensible that someone prefer The system with the best HDR and Atmos Support. And the system which undoubtedly will continue to get more support. All while you harp on about 4K/60 while at the same time admiting a 1080 Ti doesn’t cut it for 4K/60.

But I will keep laughing, laughing while sitting up top my HDR/Audio throne

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By Zaryia

@m3Boarder32 said:

30 fps and worse gfx, the throne of shit. Objectively inferior experience according to DF, including the few games that have HDR in XB1X. And it only cost you 6x more than a PC that gives you a better experience. Fortunately you can still hook it all up to a PC and enjoy that factually better gaming experience. On top having exponentially increasing your library and getting far better online gaming.

Johnny-n-Roger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 Johnny-n-Roger

@m3Boarder32 said:

Yall just sound mad that I didn’t go from a 970 to a 1070, I chose an X1X instead.

It’s laughable that you peasants think it’s irreprehensible that someone prefer The system with the best HDR and Atmos Support. And the system which undoubtedly will continue to get more support. All while you harp on about 4K/60 while at the same time admiting a 1080 Ti doesn’t cut it for 4K/60.

Nothing is as irreprehensible as your lack of awareness. Say HDR a few more times and you might have a point.

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#191 PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

Sooo...anyone ever played Zelda: BOW or Mario Kart 8 on their non-Nintendo platform? How about did some retro gaming with titles from the 80's/90's on your shiny new 4k console?.......Because PC gamers did.

demi0227_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 demi0227_basic
Member since 2002 • 1940 Posts

@pimphand_gamer said:

Sooo...anyone ever played Zelda: BOW or Mario Kart 8 on their non-Nintendo platform? How about did some retro gaming with titles from the 80's/90's on your shiny new 4k console?.......Because PC gamers did.

lol...I've been running through Zelda in 4k. I'd love it more if it weren't for the broken weapons! Oh yeah...and at 60hz, of course. ;)

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#193 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

not this shit again

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@m3Boarder32: You keep repeating yourself and trying to act like you've got some holy Grail gaming setup...and like it's been pointed out time and time again you just don't lol.

dxmcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 dxmcat
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts

@Juub1990 said:
@m3Boarder32 said:

Bookshelf speakers + 18" sub.

Talk about frequency gaps. :D

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#196 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58363 Posts

Lifelong PC gamer here, I just want to give my opinion which you don't care about and did not ask for:

y'all subscribe to some bullshit. You care more about some fixed number and mistake it as a sign of quality. When you get nervous, you move the number, saying "Oh but this game does this better..." or "next revision will have more googlyflops...".

Why don't you care about the games? 1080p...4K...30fps...60fps...doesn't really matter much when console markets get the same crap over and over again. Meanwhile, PC is a relatively open platform, and there is a huge diversity of games.

Stop making 4K and framerate a selling point. Stop making it the thing that drives the market. Demand better service, better games, more diverse games, independent development, etc.

I really want consoles to do well--the better your games are, the better it is for everyone--but right now you are being led astray and it is ruining gaming.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#197 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56181 Posts

@stuff238 said:

Consoles win.

Where did you get that $5,000? That's way too much for a PC rig! A $1,000-$1,500 PC is more then enough to outclass current-gen consoles.

demi0227_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 demi0227_basic
Member since 2002 • 1940 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

Lifelong PC gamer here, I just want to give my opinion which you don't care about and did not ask for:

y'all subscribe to some bullshit. You care more about some fixed number and mistake it as a sign of quality. When you get nervous, you move the number, saying "Oh but this game does this better..." or "next revision will have more googlyflops...".

Why don't you care about the games? 1080p...4K...30fps...60fps...doesn't really matter much when console markets get the same crap over and over again. Meanwhile, PC is a relatively open platform, and there is a huge diversity of games.

Stop making 4K and framerate a selling point. Stop making it the thing that drives the market. Demand better service, better games, more diverse games, independent development, etc.

I really want consoles to do well--the better your games are, the better it is for everyone--but right now you are being led astray and it is ruining gaming.

Who taught you how to System Wars man? You are missing the point!

m3Boarder32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By m3Boarder32

@dxmcat said:
@Juub1990 said:
@m3Boarder32 said:

Bookshelf speakers + 18" sub.

Talk about frequency gaps. :D

The Speakers play Flat down to 70-80hz

The subwoofer in room response is flat from 10Hz to 200+ Hz

crossover is set to 90hz.

wheres the frequency gap?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
@m3Boarder32 said:
@MBirdy88 said:
@Juub1990 said:
@m3Boarder32 said:

Mad? .... no just think you are quite looney at this point.

All this "supposed" money spent on OLED and ATMOS (lets be honest, its alot smaller deal than you claim. as someone who has that kind of money to splash is not concerned with a 970 or 1070 if they want fidelity). You could hook up a PC to that same setup with the same controller and have a million more options.... with 1080 TI you would actually see the VAST majority of games at that fidelity... and yes, when HDR actually gets more love in the gaming world, more HDR.

All cheap talk about nothing.