adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By adamosmaki
Member since 2007 • 10718 Posts

So far it seems this e3 delivered. The next couple of years we will see some beloved franchises return in the likes of Rage 2, a new Doom, Fallout76, Halo, Gears5, Forza, the elder scrolls VI, just cause 4, dying light 2, Metro exodus

Then there are the newcomers with Cyberpunk 2077, starfield, sekiro shadows die twice, even Anthem looked good despite recent bioware disappointments, Jedi Fallen order [ a reboot of jedi games on pc ?] , sea of solitude

Hell even quake champions looked a return in form

A huge disappointment was Command and Conquer but other than that a really great showcase so far this E3

With all that i do think we are entering a golden age of gaming

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@adamosmaki: I wouldn't go that far, but I've liked what I've seen so far.

Hopefully Nintendo brings some cool games to its Switch gamers.

NfamousLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By NfamousLegend
Member since 2016 • 1002 Posts

Yea this E3 has been legit so far. Looking forward to DOOM Eternal, DMC5, Starlight, Cyberpunk 2077, and even that indy link to the past look-a-like game.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

The 16-bit and 32-bit eras were special. We have been chasing that magic for decades now with all the reboots, remasters, remakes etc. Games were at their best when they weren’t “cool.” But now that gaming is so widely accepted, retro keeps trying to make a comeback.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

Couldn't care less about every single game you just listed but this gen has indeed been incredible.. The verity is simply amazing! There are games like tales of vesperia, kh3, last of us 2, spiderman and so much more!!!

bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 bussinrounds
Member since 2009 • 3324 Posts

lol...take that shit to

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#7 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69579 Posts

Currently there are a lot of games of interest across the board in the pipeline for the majority of gamers. So, its a win for most.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22378 Posts

Definitely pretty awesome... the rest of this year and 2019 are going to be epic.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#9 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9730 Posts

Hell no.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts
@adamosmaki said:

So far it seems this e3 delivered. The next couple of years we will see some beloved franchises return in the likes of Rage 2, a new Doom, Fallout76, Halo, Gears5, Forza, the elder scrolls VI, just cause 4, dying light 2, Metro exodus

Then there are the newcomers with Cyberpunk 2077, starfield, sekiro shadows die twice, even Anthem looked good despite recent bioware disappointments, Jedi Fallen order [ a reboot of jedi games on pc ?] , sea of solitude

Hell even quake champions looked a return in form

A huge disappointment was Command and Conquer but other than that a really great showcase so far this E3

With all that i do think we are entering a golden age of gaming

Since when games like Rage or Just cause or Dying light are beloved ?

Also many people think Fallout as one of the most overated RPGs out there for plenty of reasons. I dont think another Fallout this generation will make a difference.

Halo and Gears lost their touch this generation, maybe because of hardware capabilities of original X1 didnt let developers push these games hard. But are beloved franchises nevertheless, good to have. Forza is top notch game for its genre but they overdoing it with game after game almost in yearly basis. Weve seen what happened to franchises that did that before like AC and COD. People got tired despite if games were great or not.

Cyberpunk looked great but we need to see more, Anthem is an open world destiny which will end up a DLC festival, mark my words. DLC festival no doubt. Now for Anthem to be declared awesome or something we really need to know its end game content. Otherwise i wont bite from some flashy rockets and some great art in the world. Its gameplay felt as generic as it gets to me and thats a big minus, i expected game to be far more intense.

Sea of solitude looked dope. Doom... well is doom .. You know what to expect and thats it. Good game whatever the case but nothing surprising.

Metro exodus made me excited with its past trailers and gameplay videos but i cant say the same for the latest one, i dont know why i need to recheck the in game footage. It didnt look as sharp to me maybe wa low res or i dont know.

If a game cought my personal interest till now big, way more than others, is SEKIRO ( and Cyberpunk but we didnt see ingame footage so its out for now ). Looked AWESOME, animations, gameplay mechanics, graphics, great bosses, settings .. i bet lore will be great as well. I shit my pants personally i hope it delivers in the end.

knight-k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 knight-k
Member since 2005 • 2596 Posts

I thinks so too, gaming is great this and last year was incredible.

Also I'm seeing the (slow) return of AA (indie) developers this gen.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b8284346a788
deactivated-5b8284346a788

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#12 deactivated-5b8284346a788
Member since 2018 • 295 Posts

@i_p_daily said:

yeh swtich is starving for good games i mean there is good games on the consell but they need to bring more firs paty hgames to the whle thing or else its not gonna go well with gamers u dig

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#13 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24937 Posts

Games Like Metro Exodus, DOOM Eternal, Hitman 2 are really making me think we pass the dark age era and move to golden age 2.0.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14 TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts

The golden age of gaming started in 2013.

We are well already into it.

Its not, however, happening in the console space at all.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44228 Posts

I wouldn’t really say that myself. While gaming is probably better then it’s ever been these days for me the “golden age” was in the 16-bit era especially with the SNES.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

@i_p_daily said:

I'm wondering if the "Fallout Shelter" d/l on Switch is leading to some sort of announcement.

darkzoomer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 darkzoomer
Member since 2018 • 105 Posts

Not even close. It has been a better E3 than recent years, though.

Todddow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Todddow
Member since 2017 • 916 Posts

I don't know, the early and mid 2000's on PC was pretty darn spectacular. But yeah, graphics, sound, etc. keeps improving. Once the online MP fad fades and more people start demanding more SP games, we might be good again. Still, a lot of good looking upcoming games for sure.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 TryIt
@todddow said:

I don't know, the early and mid 2000's on PC was pretty darn spectacular. But yeah, graphics, sound, etc. keeps improving. Once the online MP fad fades and more people start demanding more SP games, we might be good again. Still, a lot of good looking upcoming games for sure.

I disagree, early 2000s was better than mid 2000s, but in my view currently (2013-now) is by leaps and bounds the best era in gaming peroid, on any platform and any era. in my opinion

Todddow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Todddow

@tryit said:
@todddow said:

I disagree, early 2000s was better than mid 2000s, but in my view currently (2013-now) is by leaps and bounds the best era in gaming peroid, on any platform and any era. in my opinion

I agree in some ways it's better now than ever. But man, look at some of the games that came out in the 2000's, they changed gaming forever.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 TryIt
@todddow said:
@tryit said:
@todddow said:

I agree in some ways it's better now than ever. But man, look at some of the games that came out in the 2000's, they changed gaming forever.

like what exactly?

I dont think anything in that era comes remotely close to game changes like kerbal, space engineers, cities skylines, planet coaster and the like at least not in my mind

Todddow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Todddow

@tryit said:
@todddow said:
@tryit said:
@todddow said:

like what exactly?

I dont think anything in that era comes remotely close to game changes like kerbal, space engineers, cities skylines, planet coaster and the like at least not in my mind

Keep in mind, I'm not saying I was a huge fan of ALL of these, but these are some games I loved mixed in with some that were pretty important to gaming in general, even if I didn't like them:

-Morrowind & Oblivion

-Star Wars KOTOR I & II

-World of Warccraft

-City of Heroes/Villains

-Total War

-Diablo II

-All the Grand Theft Autos that came out

-Assassin's Creed

-The Sims

-Gears of War

-Prince of Persia Sands of Time

-Rock Band

-Mass Effect

-God of War

-The Orange Box

-Far Cry

-Halo

-Bioshock

-Max Payne

-Kingdom Hearts

-Metroid Prime

-Deus Ex

-Shadow of the Colossus

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By TryIt
@todddow said:
@tryit said:
@todddow said:
@tryit said:

like what exactly?

Keep in mind, I'm not saying I was a huge fan of ALL of these, but these are some games I loved mixed in with some that were pretty important to gaming in general, even if I didn't like them:

-Morrowind & Oblivion

-Star Wars KOTOR I & II

-World of Warccraft

-City of Heroes/Villains

-Total War

-Diablo II

-All the Grand Theft Autos that came out

-Assassin's Creed

-The Sims

-Gears of War

-Prince of Persia Sands of Time

-Rock Band

-Mass Effect

-God of War

-The Orange Box

-Far Cry

-Halo

-Bioshock

-Max Payne

-Kingdom Hearts

-Metroid Prime

-Deus Ex

-Shadow of the Colossus

ah..yeah I disagree. only a handful (which by the way you missed Theif 3, No One Lives Forever and Neverwinter Nights) I would consider highlights from that era.

Case in point...ALL the GTA series are WAY over rated, Bioshock and Far Cry was casual fun at best and the only two games i see interesting on your list is Morrowind and Sims.

MUCH better now, but different people different tastes in gaming, I get it.

Todddow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Todddow

@tryit said:

ah..yeah I disagree. only a handful (which by the way you missed Theif 3, No One Lives Forever and Neverwinter Nights) I would consider highlights from that era.

I'm sure I missed quite a few, I enjoyed Neverwinter also. Again, some of those I didn't even play, others I didn't like, some I absolutely loved. But it was a pretty influential time that put out some amazing games for that era. Nowadays it seems the focus has switched to milking people with online MP games and the entire online experience has devolved A LOT since, say, WoW and City of Heroes.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 TryIt
@todddow said:
@tryit said:

I'm sure I missed quite a few, I enjoyed Neverwinter also. Again, some of those I didn't even play, others I didn't like, some I absolutely loved. But it was a pretty influential time that put out some amazing games for that era. Nowadays it seems the focus has switched to milking people with online MP games and the entire online experience has devolved A LOT since, say, WoW and City of Heroes.

cant agree.

I literally saw out of that entire list, only 2 games I consider worthy of such a label.

Space Engineers, Kerbal, Cities Skylines, Elite Dangerous, Planet Coaster alone blows the entire list away in my opinion.

so we will just have to disagree.

Avatar image for APiranhaAteMyVa
APiranhaAteMyVa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 APiranhaAteMyVa
Member since 2011 • 4160 Posts

listing a bunch of sequels and then proclaiming its a golden age lol

Cyberpunk looks the most promising, Anthem will be terrible.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9818 Posts

We've never had it better. Even in the golden 16bit era, there was so much crap being put out there - shoddy games with no chance of updates, god awful gimmicky hardware like the power glove and unsupported CD add one. The pc scene was a mess of drivers, crashes and never ending upgrades and consoles were often launched and became obsolete within a year or two as was the case with 3do or the Jaguar.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 TryIt
@sealionact said:

We've never had it better. Even in the golden 16bit era, there was so much crap being put out there - shoddy games with no chance of updates, god awful gimmicky hardware like the power glove and unsupported CD add one. The pc scene was a mess of drivers, crashes and never ending upgrades and consoles were often launched and became obsolete within a year or two as was the case with 3do or the Jaguar.

well and to be fair, its not the fault of the creators of the time. its just the tools where no where remotely near what they are today.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

It is starting to look great with what Microsoft and Bethesda has shown. It will only get better when the Sony and Nintendo shows complete the package. Just a great time to be a gamer!

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 5557 Posts

Tough to see the forest through the trees right now. Today all I see is black... its black monday, the day Fallout died.

bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 bussinrounds
Member since 2009 • 3324 Posts

@enzyme36 said:

Tough to see the forest through the trees right now. Today all I see is black... its black monday, the day Fallout died.

Except for the brief period of time Fallout was 'lended' to Obsidian, it's been dead since acquired by Bethesduh.

demon-returns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 demon-returns
Member since 2007 • 1451 Posts

I'd definitely co-sign and say HELL FUCKING YEAH!! And this is without Sony and Nintendo showing their cards and hands yet

People that are going to complain are the kinda people that you can never please anyway. The pessimistic depressed can't find joy in anything types.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

The only golden age of gaming I consider is the period from the mid to late 90's. The fusion of new tech, hardware, and software then hasn't been matched by anything since.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
deactivated-5d1e44cf96229

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
Member since 2015 • 2814 Posts

Hell no!

The golden age is the mid to late 90s. There was lots of innovation back then and we had three companies that each had a console with their own very unique identity plus PC gaming had it's own very unique identity as well.

Nowadays, there is no longer much innovation, Playstation/Xbox/PC are practically triplets with the same identity (only Nintendo is still unique), and there are so many crappy things plaguing the industry such as micro-transactions, political correctness, movie-games, etc.

j2zon2591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 j2zon2591
Member since 2005 • 3571 Posts

Liked what I saw but I currently find it hard to remove being jaded over the years observing the gaming scene.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#36 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

360/ps3 games were better.

all we got from sony this gen was movies.

shooters were fresh in ps3/360 era....call of duty battlefield medal of honor, homefront, the shooter franchise was at a peak.

we got battle royale this gen which is cool though.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18800 Posts

@storm_of_swords said:

Hell no!

The golden age is the mid to late 90s.

The Golden Age was still very strong in the PS2 era.

Where were you in 2001?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By deactivated-5d1e44cf96229

@PSP107 said:
@storm_of_swords said:

Hell no!

Where were you in 2001?

I'd still call that era very good and certainly much better than today, but not quite golden.

The innovation at that time wasn't as high as it was in the mid to late 90s.

And I personally feel that the consoles of that time period, while good, were all a step down from their predecessors. I liked the Gamecube but not as much as I loved the N64, I liked the PS2 but not as much as I liked the PS1, and I liked the Xbox which was in some ways the spiritual successor to the Dreamcast but it did not quite fill the hole that was left in my heart after Sega left the console market.

I also feel that this is where three of the four platforms of the time (Playstation/Xbox/PC) started on the path of getting more similar to each other in comparison to how every platform (Nintendo/Sega/Playstation/PC) all had their own very unique identities and game libraries in the mid to late 90s. This path of getting more similar to each other and the losing of unique identities would of course get even worse in the 7th generation and current generation, but it's roots were planted in the early 2000s.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 TryIt
@storm_of_swords said:
@PSP107 said:
@storm_of_swords said:

Hell no!

Where were you in 2001?

I'd still call that era very good and certainly much better than today, but not quite golden.

The innovation at that time wasn't as high as it was in the mid to late 90s.

And I personally feel that the consoles of that time period, while good, were all a step down from their predecessors. I liked the Gamecube but not as much as I loved the N64, I liked the PS2 but not as much as I liked the PS1, and I liked the Xbox which was in some ways the spiritual successor to the Dreamcast but it did not quite fill the hole that was left in my heart after Sega left the console market.

I also feel that this is where three of the four platforms of the time (Playstation/Xbox/PC) started on the path of getting more similar to each other in comparison to how every platform (Nintendo/Sega/Playstation/PC) all had their own very unique identities and game libraries in the mid to late 90s. This path of getting more similar to each other and the losing of unique identities would of course get even worse in the 7th generation and current generation, but it's roots were planted in the early 2000s.

I think games like 7 day to die, kerbal space program, space engineers, planet coaster, elite dangerous, ark, rust just to give a few examples is evidence that at least in the PC space this era is by far the most innovative.

one might not like building and crafting but keep in mind those two functions (building and crafting) are game features that have been physically possible for longer than 20 years but nearly didnt exist at all until just a few years ago. The only few exceptions where games like Wurm online and Minecraft. But now there is a ton of them.

so I feel very comfortable saying this era is at least the most innovative, and I think that is being extreemly objective.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
Member since 2016 • 6762 Posts

@tryit: Did you see Satisfactory during the PC Press Conference? I think you'd really like that.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 TryIt
@jumpaction said:

@tryit: Did you see Satisfactory during the PC Press Conference? I think you'd really like that.

I honestly didnt watch any of E3, havent in more than 10 years other than 2013 which was a disaster.

but I will take a look

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

@tryit said:
@jumpaction said:

I honestly didnt watch any of E3, havent in more than 10 years other than 2013 which was a disaster.

but I will take a look

For your convenience.

Loading Video...

You might also like the new Don't Starve: Hamlet.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 TryIt
@jumpaction said:
@tryit said:
@jumpaction said:

but I will take a look

For your convenience.

Loading Video...

yeah that could be pretty cool.

its like Factorio in first person.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

@tryit: Yes. A bit like Factorio or Infinifactory but with the first person perspective and co-op.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#45  Edited By pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

Some potentially good games were shown and plenty of them for everybody, I feel that many of them were revealed too early though.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 TryIt
@jumpaction said:

@tryit: Yes. A bit like Factorio or Infinifactory but with the first person perspective and co-op.

there is a game I play from time to time that mentioned an interesting update in the future that I had never considered and now after watching that video I think we might see more of..

and that is....trains.

Avatar image for blackhairedhero
Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Blackhairedhero
Member since 2018 • 3231 Posts

@tryit: Something tells me you just have bad taste in games.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 TryIt
@blackhairedhero said:

@tryit: Something tells me you just have bad taste in games.

cool story bro?

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18800 Posts

@tryit: @storm_of_swords:

The Dreamcast was part of the PS2 era.

Anyway, in the PS2 era we had DMC1, Tony Hawk 3, GTA 3, Max Payne, NBA/NFL 2K, WWE Smackdown Here Comes The Pain etc.

@tryit

Personally I can do without crafting in video games.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By deactivated-5d1e44cf96229

@PSP107: The Dreamcast spent more time competing against the PS1 and N64 than it did competing against the PS2 and it was a dead system before it even had a chance to ever compete against the Gamecube and Xbox. Therefore, I will always associate the Dreamcast alongside the PS1 and N64 since they were all active during the same time period and all ended their life at roughly the same time in 2001 as the PS2/Gamecube/Xbox era started.

And while there were some good games on the PS2/Gamecube/Xbox, they don't match the games on the PS1/N64/Dreamcast in my opinion, both in terms of innovation and fun.