53% of BC2 sales on 360 (UK)

• 79 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Kan0nF0dder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Kan0nF0dder
Member since 2009 • 1962 Posts
[QUOTE="_Pedro_"]

[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"] Errr UK has a huge PC gaming market (football manager is always a top seller in the RETAIL not including DD sales) but it also has a huge console market too. I think there are just more gamers (partly culture partly weather)blue_hazy_basic

from the link by anjunaddict.

"During peak US hours the Xbox 360 dominates the player numbers. When that post [the one claiming PC numbers were greater] was made it was the Europeans playing and pushed the PC numbers higher," wrote DICE staffer Bazajaytee on the EA forum.

Umm ok? I don't neccesaily think we are arguing different things. All I was saying is that the PC market in the UK is big.

Yeah but lets be fair, many Football Manager players don't play a single other game, cept for maybe some pro evo or fifa...
devious742

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 devious742
Member since 2003 • 3924 Posts

[QUOTE="Crystal-Rush"]Yeah it kind of contradicts that report about PC having more players. Even though this is UK sales only i'd think the numbers would be similar for other territories Theguy56
I believe most people on PC bought it digitally.

yea..I have it on steam :P

robobie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#53 robobie
Member since 2007 • 2172 Posts

Not surprised.

BFBC2 has sold out twice where I work. Where as the PS3 version is only now down to it's last few copies now.

bachilders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#54 bachilders
Member since 2005 • 1430 Posts

most pc sales were digital rather than retail

imprezawrx500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 imprezawrx500
Member since 2004 • 19187 Posts
I thought the PC percentage in the Uk Would be higher but then again it does not surprise me.solidgamer
again no steam sales = fail. ea has stated the pc version is the most played and it is still at the top of the sales on steam.
imprezawrx500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 imprezawrx500
Member since 2004 • 19187 Posts
Yeah it kind of contradicts that report about PC having more players. Even though this is UK sales only i'd think the numbers would be similar for other territories Crystal-Rush
ea servers will include all those steam version being played, retail game tracking companies will not. ea knows how many have been sold but the tracking companies don't.
themyth01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#57 themyth01
Member since 2003 • 13924 Posts
Glad it sold well, it's a good game.
Spanks113

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#58 Spanks113
Member since 2006 • 303 Posts

Wow, this is interesting. It seems to suggest that there's less "hardcore" PC gamers out there than PS3 users. Could this be a sign that PC gaming is in decline?

gamecubepad
There are more people playing on pc than there is both consoles combined. At least that is the official word from ea
smartcriminal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 smartcriminal
Member since 2004 • 1275 Posts

UK is 360 centric, most likely due to the ridiculous price of the PS3 outside of Japan/NA.

XboximusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 XboximusPrime
Member since 2009 • 5405 Posts

I thought it was already established that the 360 version usually sells better?

Ravensmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Ravensmash
Member since 2010 • 13862 Posts
So....the 360 version has a bigger community than the PC overall at the moment then?
xsubtownerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#62 xsubtownerx
Member since 2007 • 10705 Posts
[QUOTE="solidgamer"]I thought the PC percentage in the Uk Would be higher but then again it does not surprise me.Killfox
DD. That is all.

I would love nothing more than to actually know how many people use DD for any given game.
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#63 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts
[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"]

I remember when theUK used to be called Sonyland on these boards ... :P

Javy03
I don't think that was the UK but Europe for the most part.

The UK was a Sony stronghold untill they screwed us over with the crazy price of the PS3 and delays.
JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

Pc games are handled digitally now. I'm actually surprised that PC managed to reach 16% in total retail sales for UK.

xsubtownerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 xsubtownerx
Member since 2007 • 10705 Posts

Pc games are handled digitally now. I'm actually surprised that PC managed to reach 16% in total retail sales for UK.

JangoWuzHere
You make it sound like all PC gamers go DD. Again, can we see some sale charts?
KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts
So....the 360 version has a bigger community than the PC overall at the moment then?Ravensmash
No. Nobody can afford Xbox Live.
AdmiralBison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 AdmiralBison
Member since 2008 • 3970 Posts

[QUOTE=

"Ravensmash"]So....the 360 version has a bigger community than the PC overall at the moment then?KHAndAnime

No. Nobody can afford Xbox Live.

lol.

everyone can afford PSN though....where are they by the way?

dawgrejectx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 dawgrejectx
Member since 2010 • 458 Posts

BF: Bad Company 2 outsold the original Bad Company's launch week numbers almost 3 to 1.

"According to Chart-Track, BC2 is the "best ever launch for any game released this early in the year." Interestingly, 53 percent of BC2 sales went to the Xbox 360 version, followed by 31 percent and 16 percent of sales for the PS3 and PC, respectively. (The game also topped the three, individual platform charts.)"

LINK: UK Sales: Week ending March 6

BURSTIIIFIRE

not really fair since PC users don't buy the retail copy Dice already said more people were playing on PC version more than both consoles combined.direct download games don't get tracked but trust me EA sold more BFBC2 on PC.

dawgrejectx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 dawgrejectx

[QUOTE="JangoWuzHere"]

xsubtownerx

yea you have no idea, PC may soon become DD only i am old fashioned i like the case but there is like no insentive PC packaging(minus Blizzard) is getting really cheep, my BFbc2 was in an old school dvd case and it doesn't look to sturdy and the book is like 4 pagesm and guess what i payed $5 more cause of tax, so if you go thru DD you save tax. and after 10 games you thats 50$ saved for an 11 game. so yes majority of PC users direct download thru steam or d2d or directly from the company(like EA) also no worries about searching for your game in an aisle or send for it, all the games are easly found and d/l.

AdmiralBison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 AdmiralBison

[QUOTE="xsubtownerx"][QUOTE="JangoWuzHere"]

dawgrejectx

yea you have no idea, PC may soon become DD only i am old fashioned i like the case but there is like no insentive PC packaging(minus Blizzard) is getting really cheep, my BFbc2 was in an old school dvd case and it doesn't look to sturdy and the book is like 4 pagesm and guess what i payed $5 more cause of tax, so if you go thru DD you save tax. and after 10 games you thats 50$ saved for an 11 game. so yes majority of PC users direct download thru steam or d2d or directly from the company(like EA) also no worries about searching for your game in an aisle or send for it, all the games are easly found and d/l.

so which one is bigger on PC

Physical copies or DD?

dawgrejectx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 dawgrejectx

[QUOTE="dawgrejectx"]

[QUOTE="xsubtownerx"] You make it sound like all PC gamers go DD. Again, can we see some sale charts?AdmiralBison

Physical copies or DD?

DD sells alot more cause you don't have to be in America to buy the games and alot of PC gamers are all around the world. Example you live in a small village in australia and guess what? they don't order PC games what you gonna do fly to america? yeah they might order big pc games(like wow but theres thousands of PC games) DD sadly is the future of PC gaming. i still like the box but there really is no difference.
seabiscuit8686

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 seabiscuit8686
Member since 2005 • 2862 Posts
[QUOTE="solidgamer"]I thought the PC percentage in the Uk Would be higher but then again it does not surprise me.Killfox
DD. That is all.

If they don't track it, then true that. Everyone I know bought the steam version...including me
dawgrejectx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 dawgrejectx
[QUOTE="Killfox"][QUOTE="solidgamer"]I thought the PC percentage in the Uk Would be higher but then again it does not surprise me.seabiscuit8686
DD. That is all.

If they don't track it, then true that. Everyone I know bought the steam version...including me

yea doesn't get tracked but they need to annouce it or show us because really people go by the NPD numbersa and think it's over for PC when really i have no doubt the PC verson outsold the consoles by 2 to 1. just not in retail.
enterawesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 enterawesome
Member since 2009 • 9477 Posts
Yet we still get no 32 player battles. :(
AdmiralBison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 AdmiralBison

[QUOTE="AdmiralBison"]

[QUOTE="dawgrejectx"] yea you have no idea, PC may soon become DD only i am old fashioned i like the case but there is like no insentive PC packaging(minus Blizzard) is getting really cheep, my BFbc2 was in an old school dvd case and it doesn't look to sturdy and the book is like 4 pagesm and guess what i payed $5 more cause of tax, so if you go thru DD you save tax. and after 10 games you thats 50$ saved for an 11 game. so yes majority of PC users direct download thru steam or d2d or directly from the company(like EA) also no worries about searching for your game in an aisle or send for it, all the games are easly found and d/l.

dawgrejectx

Physical copies or DD?

DD sells alot more cause you don't have to be in America to buy the games and alot of PC gamers are all around the world. Example you live in a small village in australia and guess what? they don't order PC games what you gonna do fly to america? yeah they might order big pc games(like wow but theres thousands of PC games) DD sadly is the future of PC gaming. i still like the box but there really is no difference.

so if the majority of sales comes from dd, why don't they show the sales figures for those then?

Like on Steam or something.

dawso0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 dawso0n
Member since 2005 • 1767 Posts
I am from the UK and own all 6 current gen consoles, and i bought BFBC2 for my 360 and i must say i am having so much fun on it i cannot put the thing down, the main reason i got BFBC2 for 360 was the majority of my freinds only own a 360 and also party chat was a bonus. The game really come into its own when you and 3 of your friends are all in a four man squad taking flags as a team and enjoying all those delicious squad bonuses.
AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 AdrianWerner
Member since 2003 • 28441 Posts

For a country a sconsole centric as UK 16% for PC version (and retail numbers alone) is pretty nice. By comparision: in case of Modern Warfare 2 only 3% of all units sold in UK were PC versions

sikanderahmed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 sikanderahmed
Member since 2007 • 5444 Posts

Yet we still get no 32 player battles. :(enterawesome

32 players are too much honestly it would be a mess like TF2 on pc. also its good to see the best version selling the most :) and lol @ hermits typical DD excuse "buh buh tehy dawnt countz DD, if tehy didz it wudz be muchz moe den cawnsole zales". you can combine pc DD and retail sales and they would still be less then 360, heck it might even be less then ps3 :lol:

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 AdrianWerner
Member since 2003 • 28441 Posts

[QUOTE="enterawesome"]Yet we still get no 32 player battles. :(sikanderahmed

32 players are too much honestly it would be a mess like TF2 on pc. also its good to see the best version selling the most :) and lol @ hermits typical DD excuse "buh buh tehy dawnt countz DD, if tehy didz it wudz be muchz moe den cawnsole zales". you can combine pc DD and retail sales and they would still be less then 360, heck it might even be less then ps3 :lol:

Huh? PC version is universally considered the best and it's not the best selling one. And no..BC2 maps are big enough to be able to handle 32 players without any problem.

I do think that currently PC sales are lower, I'm sure PC sales will drop slower than console one, so it's possible PC will eventualy match 360, like it happened with Bioshock (initialy 360 sales slaughtered PC ones, but in the end they both sold about the same)