53% of BC2 sales on 360 (UK)

• 79 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BURSTIIIFIRE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 BURSTIIIFIRE
Member since 2007 • 2025 Posts

BF: Bad Company 2 outsold the original Bad Company's launch week numbers almost 3 to 1.

"According to Chart-Track, BC2 is the "best ever launch for any game released this early in the year." Interestingly, 53 percent of BC2 sales went to the Xbox 360 version, followed by 31 percent and 16 percent of sales for the PS3 and PC, respectively. (The game also topped the three, individual platform charts.)"

LINK: UK Sales: Week ending March 6

Also according to DICE the 360 version also has the most players online

"PC players had initially arrived online in larger quantities than on either console, but that's no longer the case."

LINK

siddhu33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 siddhu33
Member since 2008 • 3264 Posts

Yeah, people in the UK, that I know anyway, were quite pumped for this game..

SilentlyMad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SilentlyMad
Member since 2009 • 2093 Posts
Dang nice over 1/2 just on one system.
solidgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 solidgamer
Member since 2005 • 7542 Posts
I thought the PC percentage in the Uk Would be higher but then again it does not surprise me.
Killfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Killfox
Member since 2004 • 6666 Posts
I thought the PC percentage in the Uk Would be higher but then again it does not surprise me.solidgamer
DD. That is all.
Theguy56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#6 Theguy56
Member since 2003 • 1379 Posts

Just ordered BC2 from retail in the UK for PC. No way I'm getting the Steam version for 50 euros!!

Ensamheten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Ensamheten
Member since 2010 • 392 Posts

This nummer is only interesting if you know how the distrobution of PS3 vs X360 looks in the UK

Crystal-Rush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Crystal-Rush
Member since 2005 • 2274 Posts
Yeah it kind of contradicts that report about PC having more players. Even though this is UK sales only i'd think the numbers would be similar for other territories
Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

I remember when theUK used to be called Sonyland on these boards ... :P

Theguy56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Theguy56
Yeah it kind of contradicts that report about PC having more players. Even though this is UK sales only i'd think the numbers would be similar for other territories Crystal-Rush
I believe most people on PC bought it digitally.
BURSTIIIFIRE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 BURSTIIIFIRE
Member since 2007 • 2025 Posts

I remember when the 360 used to be called Sonyland on these boards ... :Pblue_hazy_basic

huh? you mean UK?

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#12 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

Nice! Now its time to fix the servers, EA :evil:

blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator

[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"]I remember when the 360 used to be called Sonyland on these boards ... :PBURSTIIIFIRE

huh? you mean UK?

Yes lol I should edit ...
_Pedro_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 _Pedro_
Member since 2004 • 6829 Posts
Yeah it kind of contradicts that report about PC having more players. Even though this is UK sales only i'd think the numbers would be similar for other territories Crystal-Rush
Uk has always been very console centric compared to the rest of europe. I would be really surprised to see the same numbers in Germany and Holland.
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
[QUOTE="Crystal-Rush"]Yeah it kind of contradicts that report about PC having more players. Even though this is UK sales only i'd think the numbers would be similar for other territories _Pedro_
Uk has always been very console centric compared to the rest of europe. I would be really surprised to see the same numbers in Germany and Holland.

Errr UK has a huge PC gaming market (football manager is always a top seller in the RETAIL not including DD sales) but it also has a huge console market too. I think there are just more gamers (partly culture partly weather)
SilentlyMad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SilentlyMad
Member since 2009 • 2093 Posts

blue_hazy_basic

No fear though since they still consider most of Europe Sony country because no numbers come from the rest.

gamecubepad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -12

#17 gamecubepad
Member since 2003 • 7214 Posts

Wow, this is interesting. It seems to suggest that there's less "hardcore" PC gamers out there than PS3 users. Could this be a sign that PC gaming is in decline?

Anjunaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Anjunaddict
Member since 2010 • 4178 Posts
[QUOTE="Crystal-Rush"]Yeah it kind of contradicts that report about PC having more players. Even though this is UK sales only i'd think the numbers would be similar for other territories Theguy56

Xbox 360 Bad Company 2 online crowd is the largest
_Pedro_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 _Pedro_

[QUOTE="_Pedro_"][QUOTE="Crystal-Rush"]Yeah it kind of contradicts that report about PC having more players. Even though this is UK sales only i'd think the numbers would be similar for other territories blue_hazy_basic

Errr UK has a huge PC gaming market (football manager is always a top seller in the RETAIL not including DD sales) but it also has a huge console market too. I think there are just more gamers (partly culture partly weather)

from the link by anjunaddict.

"During peak US hours the Xbox 360 dominates the player numbers. When that post [the one claiming PC numbers were greater] was made it was the Europeans playing and pushed the PC numbers higher," wrote DICE staffer Bazajaytee on the EA forum.

Dante2710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#20 Dante2710
Member since 2005 • 63164 Posts

Wow, this is interesting. It seems to suggest that there's less "hardcore" PC gamers out there than PS3 users. Could this be a sign that PC gaming is in decline?

gamecubepad
http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/13086470-post7.html Try again.
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator

[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"][QUOTE="_Pedro_"] Uk has always been very console centric compared to the rest of europe. I would be really surprised to see the same numbers in Germany and Holland. _Pedro_

from the link by anjunaddict.

"During peak US hours the Xbox 360 dominates the player numbers. When that post [the one claiming PC numbers were greater] was made it was the Europeans playing and pushed the PC numbers higher," wrote DICE staffer Bazajaytee on the EA forum.

Umm ok? I don't neccesaily think we are arguing different things. All I was saying is that the PC market in the UK is big.
_Pedro_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 _Pedro_
[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"] Umm ok? I don't neccesaily think we are arguing different things. All I was saying is that the PC market in the UK is big.

and all I was saying is that UK is more console centric than the rest of europe.
AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23 AdrianWerner
Member since 2003 • 28441 Posts

Not really...UK is horribly console centric, PC there is currently close to what Xbox in Japan. Aside from Football Manager and ocassional Total War hardly anything PC based sells there. And second...they said more people are playing the game on PC, not that more people bought it. It could just as well mean that simply larger percentage of PC buyers are playing it online than Xbox360 owners, who might stick to SP

Philmon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Philmon
Member since 2003 • 1454 Posts

[QUOTE="Theguy56"][QUOTE="Crystal-Rush"]Yeah it kind of contradicts that report about PC having more players. Even though this is UK sales only i'd think the numbers would be similar for other territories Anjunaddict

Xbox 360 Bad Company 2 online crowd is the largest

Only during US peak hours, the previous statement about PC having more players than 360/PS3 was taken during European peak hours. All this shows is that Europe is PC dominated while US is console dominated in regards to BC2.

Wings_008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 173

#25 Wings_008
Member since 2008 • 3813 Posts
here in france, most of the gamers are 360 owners
arto1223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 arto1223
Member since 2005 • 4412 Posts

A lot of PC gamers get their games via DD. I got mine from Steam, then there is Direct2Drive, EA's website, and many other places to get games...

Ninja-Bear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Ninja-Bear
Member since 2010 • 1028 Posts
Let's not forget digital distribution before we start calling 'PC is dying!" now, folks.
surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 surrealnumber5
Member since 2008 • 23044 Posts

[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"]

SilentlyMad

No fear though since they still consider most of Europe Sony country because no numbers come from the rest.

well no info equates to "what i want" and because cows have the largest numbers here, it must be sony land
Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

sweet! this game kicks MW2 in the ass

gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

I just got it today :)

Couldn't wait till I got a new PC (Later this year) Will probably still get it for PC though :P

EDIT : Bit laggy :(

Fizzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Fizzman
Member since 2003 • 9895 Posts

Havent bought a PC game at a store in over 2 years. Just got BF-BC2 on steamand its amazing.

Theguy56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Theguy56

Havent bought a PC game at a store in over 2 years. Just got BF-BC2 on steamand its amazing.

Fizzman

Bah, wish I got it on Steam but have to wait for the physical copy.

Figured it's better to spend 31 euros and wait a couple of days then buy it at 50 euros on an impulse buy lol.

Avatar image for JetB1ackNewYear
JetB1ackNewYear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#33 JetB1ackNewYear
Member since 2007 • 2931 Posts
ya all my pc games are purchased through steam anymore. i also bought a 360 bfbc2 :D ahaha
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator

Fizzman
Couldn't agree more, almost everything I buy on PC now is through Steam (or Impulse), the wave of the future console players, get ready for next gen!
Fizzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Fizzman
Member since 2003 • 9895 Posts

[QUOTE="Fizzman"]

Theguy56

Figured it's better to spend 31 euros and wait a couple of days then buy it at 50 euros on an impulse buy lol.

Hey man a 19 euro difference is quite a bit of money 28-30USD I think. Id wait too if i had the choice. Yeah though I hate physical copies just too much clutter.

shadow8585

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 shadow8585
Member since 2006 • 2947 Posts
Another victory at retailers for the X360. If it pulled in 53% of the market in the UK, worldwide the X360 must have dominated for BC2
Theguy56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Theguy56

[QUOTE="Theguy56"]

[QUOTE="Fizzman"]

Fizzman

Hey man a 19 euro difference is quite a bit of money 28-30USD I think. Id wait too if i had the choice. Yeah though I hate physical copies just too much clutter.

Yeah, agreed. I can always add it to Steam as a Non-Steam game anyway. Gotta love Steam!
Brownesque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Brownesque
Member since 2005 • 5660 Posts

BF: Bad Company 2 outsold the original Bad Company's launch week numbers almost 3 to 1.

"According to Chart-Track, BC2 is the "best ever launch for any game released this early in the year." Interestingly, 53 percent of BC2 sales went to the Xbox 360 version, followed by 31 percent and 16 percent of sales for the PS3 and PC, respectively. (The game also topped the three, individual platform charts.)"

BURSTIIIFIRE
And yet the PC platform has the most players. They can't track DD, thus those are only retail sales and are not fully indicative of the sales figures.
Javy03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Javy03
Member since 2006 • 6886 Posts

blue_hazy_basic
I don't think that was the UK but Europe for the most part.
shadow8585

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 shadow8585
Member since 2006 • 2947 Posts
The UK is the most interest market IMO. Being a devout "system warrior", whenever on XBL talking to someone with a British accent I ask them which is more popular in the UK. If I could combine every answer ive gotten into one it would look something like this: "Oi the PS3 and Xbawx360 are about equal over here, but bostards who play the ps3 are bloody ******s and *****s"
markop2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 markop2003
Member since 2005 • 29917 Posts
I thought the PC percentage in the Uk Would be higher but then again it does not surprise me.solidgamer
Not in the UK but its quite likely that the PC version will sell more in the rest of northern europe. Though these figures don't include DD.
Crystal-Rush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Crystal-Rush
Member since 2005 • 2274 Posts
[QUOTE="BURSTIIIFIRE"]

Brownesque
And yet the PC platform has the most players. They can't track DD, thus those are only retail sales and are not fully indicative of the sales figures.

well a recent quote from Dice states that the 360 market has more players than pc now. They might not be able to track every DD sale but they can check the flow of players playing the multiplayer
-Snooze-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 -Snooze-
Member since 2009 • 7304 Posts

The UK is the most interest market IMO. Being a devout "system warrior", whenever on XBL talking to someone with a British accent I ask them which is more popular in the UK. If I could combine every answer ive gotten into one it would look something like this: "Oi the PS3 and Xbawx360 are about equal over here, but bostards who play the ps3 are bloody ******s and *****s"shadow8585

As a brit (English) I am appalled with your horrible attemptat imitating us. We don't sound Australian ...

chaplainDMK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 chaplainDMK
Member since 2008 • 7004 Posts

[QUOTE="shadow8585"]The UK is the most interest market IMO. Being a devout "system warrior", whenever on XBL talking to someone with a British accent I ask them which is more popular in the UK. If I could combine every answer ive gotten into one it would look something like this: "Oi the PS3 and Xbawx360 are about equal over here, but bostards who play the ps3 are bloody ******s and *****s"-Snooze-

As a brit (English) I am appalled with your horrible attemptat imitating us. We don't sound Australian ...

Or Canadian lol :D

Avatar image for ColdfireTrilogy
ColdfireTrilogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#45 ColdfireTrilogy
Member since 2005 • 4911 Posts
You forget that digital distribution is completely excluded from these results ... Almost everyone i know purchased through steam which means none of their purchases count ....
Avatar image for ColdfireTrilogy
ColdfireTrilogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#46 ColdfireTrilogy
Member since 2005 • 4911 Posts
[QUOTE="Brownesque"][QUOTE="BURSTIIIFIRE"]

Crystal-Rush

well a recent quote from Dice states that the 360 market has more players than pc now. They might not be able to track every DD sale but they can check the flow of players playing the multiplayer

A recent quote from Dice themselves stated that BC2 sold more on PC than 360 and PS3 combined .... so .... ya... apparently they did exactly what your saying. "DICE associate producer Barrie Tingle has revealed that at the moment, during the week of the game's retail release sales of the PC version are superior to both consoles, and more people are playing the PC version of the game than both the 360 and PS3 editions combined."
Solid_Tango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Solid_Tango
Member since 2009 • 8609 Posts
No kidding, what other big game did the 360 had coming out? Ps3 owner on the other hand... too busy playing Heavy rain and other exclusives
SamiRDuran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 SamiRDuran
Member since 2005 • 2758 Posts
No kidding, what other big game did the 360 had coming out? Ps3 owner on the other hand... too busy playing Heavy rain and other exclusivesSolid_Tango
Mass effect 2?
swamplord666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 swamplord666
Member since 2007 • 1873 Posts

[QUOTE="shadow8585"]The UK is the most interest market IMO. Being a devout "system warrior", whenever on XBL talking to someone with a British accent I ask them which is more popular in the UK. If I could combine every answer ive gotten into one it would look something like this: "Oi the PS3 and Xbawx360 are about equal over here, but bostards who play the ps3 are bloody ******s and *****s"-Snooze-

Same here... And on what he said, That's pretty much wrong. the UK is VERY 360-centric. All of my gamer friends have 360s. Only 3 of them have a PS3 as well, 2 of them use the xbox 360 as their main console and NONE of them only have a PS3.

TheOwnerOner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 TheOwnerOner
Member since 2007 • 2921 Posts

[QUOTE="Crystal-Rush"][QUOTE="Brownesque"] And yet the PC platform has the most players. They can't track DD, thus those are only retail sales and are not fully indicative of the sales figures.ColdfireTrilogy

A recent quote from Dice themselves stated that BC2 sold more on PC than 360 and PS3 combined .... so .... ya... apparently they did exactly what your saying. "DICE associate producer Barrie Tingle has revealed that at the moment, during the week of the game's retail release sales of the PC version are superior to both consoles, and more people are playing the PC version of the game than both the 360 and PS3 editions combined."

On a more recent statement, DICE has confirmed that the 360 has now surpassed the PC, and is now the dominant BFBC2 community.