BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11089 Posts

Somebody's taking a stand against the BR madness, and shockingly enough, it's 343.

343 Industries writer Jeff Easterling, speaking on a livestream, had strong words to say about the inclusion of Battle Royale in Halo Infinite. “I’ll tell you right now,” he declared, “the only BR we’re interested in is Battle Rifle. The original BR. So, calm yourself.”

https://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/halo-infinite-battle-royale-not-happening/

I actually have higher hopes for this game now. Unlike CoD, they're not just going to lean on BR and call it a day.

The writer of the article decided to be really salty about this for some reason. But do you think this is a good idea, or should they succumb to the trend? Halo sounds like it's sticking with what works for it, and that's commendable.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By lundy86_4  Online
Member since 2003 • 61481 Posts

Battle Royale doesn't suit the lore, so it makes sense. Plus, Halo defined MP shooters so they shouldn't bend to the will of what is popular.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

Ok.

Avatar image for deactivated-6068afec1b77d
deactivated-6068afec1b77d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By deactivated-6068afec1b77d
Member since 2017 • 2539 Posts

The BR craze would be already over by the time Halo Infinite comes out so they shouldn't give a fig about it.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

BR will die when the schools open up, so good for them for not following this trend.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

That's actually the first good decision 343 has made for the Halo franchise yet.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b8284346a788
deactivated-5b8284346a788

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7 deactivated-5b8284346a788
Member since 2018 • 295 Posts

Amen to that. Good on 343 to not follow the easy cash crap and actually make a decent game.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#8 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin said:

Somebody's taking a stand against the BR madness, and shockingly enough, it's 343.

343 Industries writer Jeff Easterling, speaking on a livestream, had strong words to say about the inclusion of Battle Royale in Halo Infinite. “I’ll tell you right now,” he declared, “the only BR we’re interested in is Battle Rifle. The original BR. So, calm yourself.”

https://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/halo-infinite-battle-royale-not-happening/

I actually have higher hopes for this game now. Unlike CoD, they're not just going to lean on BR and call it a day.

The writer of the article decided to be really salty about this for some reason. But do you think this is a good idea, or should they succumb to the trend? Halo sounds like it's sticking with what works for it, and that's commendable.

Thank the powers that be for someone finally not jumping on this Battle Royal madness.

Let there be diversity in games and not all this same shit constantly.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#9 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

The thing is that Halo 5's Warzone is almost a mini BR mode of sorts, it is not 100 players however the idea of it was to have larger scale battles of 12 vs 12. So I just don't know what BR could bring to the mix. Also having so many more players will likely lower the graphical quality of the game, the character & vehicle models and so on...so much more demanding.....this makes me wonder how BFV will turn out, not that BF player models were so detailed in the first place.

I remember reading about this through my Twitter feed recently, and I liked the answer 343 gave, something along the lines of "if you want a BR mode, you can create it yourself in Forge".....I never really used Forge so I don't know how well you can replicate BR in it....but personally I do like their response and I don't want them to chase that trend just for the sake of it. I like large scale battles but prefer the small/medium scale battles this series is known for. I already have other BR games like PUBG and I am getting BFV, so I would prefer they do their own thing here with Halo.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22375 Posts

Good... hopefully they actually dedicate more time to getting the campaign right this time instead of focusing most of their attention on the fu*king MP, like in 5.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e081d8b4abb0
deactivated-5e081d8b4abb0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11 deactivated-5e081d8b4abb0
Member since 2017 • 1499 Posts

Good to hear; if a game does add a mode for Battle Royale, I wouldn't mind to be honest just as long as the game itself doesn't revolve around Battle Royale and is just another mode for online play. I always enjoy variety in games; I do see how Battle Royale has become so overly played out though with numerous games trying to hop on the bandwagon. I started with PUBG and enjoyed the game quite a lot despite the issues the game had on PC for many months; when the new desert map; Miramar was released and the game itself finally left out of Early Access, I had already been burnt out on the game...lol.

Kali-B1rd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Kali-B1rd
Member since 2018 • 2241 Posts

Because Halo's slow movement and moon walking crap would be s*it for it.

Same as Destiny.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56097 Posts

All I really care is making a good Campaign and what 343 really needs to do is, bring back "Split-Screen" is more important then Battle Royal.

pdogg93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 pdogg93
Member since 2015 • 1849 Posts

What does 343’s opinion matter? That haven’t made a single decent halo game to date.

dxmcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 dxmcat
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts

someone just wants attention, lol.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44169 Posts

I don’t really have much of an opinion on this one way or the other. I don’t play Battle Royale games but that’s not because I don’t like the concept, it’s just that I haven’t come across one that I find aesthetically pleasing or has enough things in it that hook me. I already like the Halo games for a variety of reasons so I would have been interested in seeing what a Halo Battle Royale mode might be like. Putting it in as an extra mode could be cool as long as nothing else was sacrificed in doing so.

Larsa_Ferrinas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Larsa_Ferrinas
Member since 2007 • 192 Posts

@hrt_rulz01: The multiplayer mode is coming 2020

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22375 Posts

@pdogg93: Halo 4 was a great game... from a campaign point of view anyway. Don't care about MP.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 freedomfreak  Online
Member since 2004 • 52427 Posts

Oh wow. Me and a friend were talking last night just how shit it would be if it had battle royale.

Good on them.

Pcmasterrace69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Pcmasterrace69
Member since 2017 • 373 Posts

@lundy86_4: exacly!

Halo is great no need to follow others.

Halo 5 already got big maps multiplayer and its awesome

gamecubepad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -12

#21 gamecubepad
Member since 2003 • 7214 Posts

This is a good thing.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12063 Posts

Good now bring back split screen.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#23 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34608 Posts

Good to see a developer doing what they want to do instead of what's popular.

@kuu2 said:

Good now bring back split screen.

Agreed x1000.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c18005f903a1
deactivated-5c18005f903a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-5c18005f903a1
Member since 2016 • 4626 Posts

I don't really see the problems with adding it as a MP game mode. Is it just hated so much because it's so popular?

Ten_Pints

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Ten_Pints
Member since 2014 • 4072 Posts

They'll probably make the battle royale a free DLC.

Kali-B1rd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Kali-B1rd

@boycie said:

I don't really see the problems with adding it as a MP game mode. Is it just hated so much because it's so popular?

You only have to look above to see that is the case:

@watercrack445 said:

The BR craze would be already over by the time Halo Infinite comes out so they shouldn't give a fig about it.

@Ant_17 said:

BR will die when the schools open up, so good for them for not following this trend.

@sheephats said:

Amen to that. Good on 343 to not follow the easy cash crap and actually make a decent game.

Ah yes, the mode that has had the most active (non MOBA/World of Tanks/Chinese MMO) userbase for nearly 3 years now is a "kiddys fad" ... I guess Team Deathmatch was aswell....

What's funny about 363 bragging about "not following trends" is ultimetely Halo has largely lost any of its influence in the industry, has been totally replaced by Destiny "Herp derp buh buh people wouldn't want Halo meets Battle Ro....Borderlands! never!"

So basically all I'm hearing is "Here is another 6 hour long campaign and a stagnated online , enjoy"

They're not doing BR because Halo is a date slow moving, big hitbox moonwalking pile of wank that wouldn't work very well in BR anyway.

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#28 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14495 Posts

Well I guess I’ll just go burn my money instead

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Much respect!

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#30 jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts

They don't need it, just needs the classic modes, team Slayer, big team battle, rumble pit, oddball, ctf, as far as battle royal goes, someone can make it in forge, no respawns, high player count, free for all.

Excited for this game, when it drops I'm going to pick up the xbone. So I got time to save up for that and a 4k TV.

Avatar image for deactivated-660c2894dc19c
deactivated-660c2894dc19c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#31 deactivated-660c2894dc19c
Member since 2004 • 2190 Posts

It's not their call. If MS wants a battle royale mode in Halo, MS will get a battle royale mode in Halo.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-5c18005f903a1

@jeezers said:

They don't need it, just needs the classic modes, team Slayer, big team battle, rumble pit, oddball, ctf, as far as battle royal goes, someone can make it in forge, no respawns, high player count, free for all.

Excited for this game, when it drops I'm going to pick up the xbone. So I got time to save up for that and a 4k TV.

Why couldn't BR sit along side those other mode as another option. It could be come another 'classic' mode over time.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7233 Posts

Very surprised after the success of pubg and fortnite.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts
@freedomfreak said:

Oh wow. Me and a friend were talking last night just how shit it would be if it had battle royale.

Good on them.

I mean, isn't it already shite? They haven't improved upon the formula since Halo 2 and 3, and it's so outdated now.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 jeezers

@boycie: because battle royal is trash, halo is competitive, battle royal is run around and collect resources untill you die. Then quit and join a new game. I don't want any of that in halo, it would be horrible.

Kali-B1rd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Kali-B1rd

@jeezers said:

@boycie: because battle royal is trash, halo is competitive, battle royal is run around and collect resources untill you die. Then quit and join a new game. I don't want any of that in halo, it would be horrible.

I spat my drink out, I needed the laugh, thanks.

In any mode you aim to win, competition is all part of both styles.

Halo on the other hand is a dwindling franchise because it's MP became dated incredibly fast, thier lack of evolution will only make this worse.

But I've already pointed out the elephant in the room regarding this, Halo's slow gameplay would be trash in Battle Royal .... that is the ONLY reason it is not happening.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#37 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69477 Posts

The vaporware game is promising. LOL.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By jeezers

@kali-b1rd: nah it's because battle royal is a trash game mode the rewards camping and hording guns. Doesn't work with traditional fps competitive games, it doesn't work in halo, it wouldn't work in unreal tournament, it wouldnt work in overwatch, it wouldn't work in counter strike, it wouldn't work in gears. Battle royal games are built around the mode. It's a trash game type that's basically just a new trend for middle and high schoolers. Battle royal is like Minecraft it's fooking pointless and it's a zit on the shooter genre. Its gross how much attention Gamespot gives it. Fortnite ads 24/7.

Also there's nothing competitive about it, the fact that people just leave when they die speaks volumes. Oh your not comming in first out of a 100 cus you died once, time to leave lol it's a joke. The only person who's going to see you get that chicken dinner is the 2nd to last guy wanting it. It's hardly competitive, it's like a survival game, that relies 50% on luck of what gear you happen to come across.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By deactivated-5c18005f903a1

@jeezers: hmmm I still think it's just a reactionary stance to it being so popular.

dxmcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 dxmcat
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts
@jeezers said:

@kali-b1rd: nah it's because battle royal is a trash game mode the rewards camping and hording guns. Doesn't work with traditional fps competitive games, it doesn't work in halo, it wouldn't work in unreal tournament, it wouldnt work in overwatch, it wouldn't work in counter strike, it wouldn't work in gears. Battle royal games are built around the mode. It's a trash game type that's basically just a new trend for middle and high schoolers. Battle royal is like Minecraft it's fooking pointless and it's a zit on the shooter genre. Its gross how much attention Gamespot gives it. Fortnite ads 24/7.

Also there's nothing competitive about it, the fact that people just leave when they die speaks volumes. Oh your not comming in first out of a 100 cus you died once, time to leave lol it's a joke. The only person who's going to see you get that chicken dinner is the 2nd to last guy wanting it. It's hardly competitive, it's like a survival game, that relies 50% on luck of what gear you happen to come across.

The most common response I hear from people who suck at it.

You have campers in any game and they can always be thwarted if you actually use your brain and develop a strategy instead of throwing a tantrum like a baby.

Spewing out random FPS titles that are all extremely different from each other does not really prove anything other than the fact that you are just ranting aimlessly.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 deactivated-5c18005f903a1

@jeezers said:

You just sound like an old man that's angry that a new game mode has become popular.

'why can't gaming just be what I want!!!'

Kali-B1rd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Kali-B1rd

@boycie said:
@jeezers said:

You just sound like an old man that's angry that a new game mode has become popular.

'why can't gaming just be what I want!!!'

Whoa slow down now mate, spawn, die, spawn die over and over and maybe get a 2:1 ratio is far more interesting than being the last of a 100 people standing! /s

If you don't stay until the end of a 60 minute match you are a middle schooler scrub! /s

Will work well in Battlefield 2 that's for sure.

Lol at Halo competitiveness, the franchise is dead in the water. sells a few millions, dies off incredibly quickly... a fossel that failed to adapt.

Sam3231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 296

#43  Edited By Sam3231
Member since 2008 • 2949 Posts

They generally do limited time special modes in Halo, I could see this as one of those.

Drop 24 people randomly into a WarZone map and ta-da!!! Battle Royale.

Moistcarrot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Moistcarrot
Member since 2015 • 1474 Posts

The day when this BR fad dies will be a good day

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 jeezers

@moistcarrot: fingers crossed

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#46 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

Well that's good to hear. We already have plenty of things going to BR route anyways.

ahmedkhan1994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 ahmedkhan1994
Member since 2008 • 714 Posts

Yes...... lets praise devs for deciding to put less content into a game.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#48  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17808 Posts
@ahmedkhan1994 said:

Yes...... lets praise devs for deciding to put less content into a game.

By not chasing trends, developers can focus on what they do well and not be distracted or spread too thin. So, yes, it should be praised.

sHaDyCuBe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 sHaDyCuBe321
Member since 2003 • 5769 Posts

@kuu2: they already announced that split screen is coming back.

https://www.trustedreviews.com/news/halo-6-will-see-the-return-of-split-screen-multiplayer-2953974