*2nd UPDATE: Star Wars Jedi: Survivor DF Alex Battaglia's tears PC analysis (avoids PS5 head 2 head)

• 181 results
above_average

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By above_average
Member since 2021 • 1566 Posts

Here is our 3rd analysis

Move over TLOU1 Remake Part 1, DF crowns Jedi Survivor as worst AAA PC release of 2023.

We have Alex Battaglia's usual PC vs PS5 analysis where he breaks down the PC version of the game and provides PC fans the setting to use to get better than console (PS5) performance...

Only, that's not how this video plays out. Alex simply runs thru the list issues the PC version currently has and never mentioning how it compares to console (PS5).

Alex doesn't appear to be willing to compare PC to console like he usually does when PC has a clear advantage. This may be an issue going forward. Regardless, here is his breakdown...

PC

• SPECS: RTX 4090, CORE I9 12900K
  • Shader compilation stutter
  • Shader recompilation fails to recompile all shader combinations
  • Traversal stutter (AKA streaming/loading points)
  • frame time spikes happen every time you play lasting a few frames or multiple seconds when crossing loading/streaming points in the game & happens all over the game world
  • Frame time/loading/Streaming drops happen no matter the CPU or GPU combination you have
  • Changing settings will not resolve frame time/loading/streaming drops
  • Suggests turning off RT for better CPU performance

Video comparison screenshots

DF's opening shot

open world traversal instability frame rate dips 6800XT & 30380

CPU utilization frame rate w low setting vs max + RT on 4090

Frame time/loading/streaming drop on 4090

PC crippling shader comp/streaming stutter on 3080

Conclusion: Jedi Survivor plays best on PS5! :)

*All other future Jedi Survivor comparison videos can be posted here and updates to the title of the thread will be made as needed*

above_average

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By above_average

2nd analysis:

We have a NEW more in dept analysis of Jedi Survivor to dig into.

Here is IGN NXG full PC, PS5 & XSX/S analysis breakdown

Loading Video...

Xbox Series X/S & PS5

• Quality mode = internal resolution of 1440p reconstructed with FSR 2.0 back up to 4k+TAA
  • Performance mode = internal resolution of 1152p reconstructed w FSR 2.0 back to 1440p+TAA
  • Xbox Series S has one mode, no RT = 900P+ TAA
  • Ray traced reflections are used in both Quality and Performance modes
  • FOV slider options are available
  • Quality mode between PS5 & XSX are mostly a solid 30fps w occasional drops between scenes
  • Performance mode presents tears even with VRR turned on
  • PS5 averages around the 50's in performance mode with tearing
  • *XSX CPU impact is 18% worse than PS5* and hit's a mid 40's average throughout play
  • XSS has a mostly solid 30fps lock only dropping during cutscenes & data stream points

PC

• SPECS: AMD RX6800 16GB 2.3GH, Zen 3 5600X 6c/12t 4.8GH, 32GB GDDR4 3200MHz, 512GB 6GB/s PCIe4 SSD
  • Shader compilation when booted is required
  • Running with RT off reveals serious ghosting of particles and artifacts in SSR
  • If you have an 8GB card you may be limited to 1080p no RT
  • Frame spikes on PC can be as bad as 800ms
  • Requires a powerful CPU as it often becomes CPU bound

Video comparison screenshots

FOV slider differences side by side

Visuals of Xbox Series X vs Xbox Series S in cutscene

Cost of running RT @4k w FSR on PC (RX 6800 16GB) with internal resolution of 1728p vs PS5 internal 1440p

PC frame spike

Conclusion: Current gen consoles are currently more stable than PC even on the high end, but recommends 30fps on all platforms to attain a virtually locked play thru.

loudheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 loudheadphones
Member since 2023 • 1046 Posts

Hell yeah! Force loves PS5.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

That is a lot of BS. The PS5 is not hitting 60fps in gameplay. Both consoles can't and the best mode is to play at 30fps! 😂

above_average

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 above_average

@xhawk27 said:

That is a lot of BS. The PS5 is not hitting 60fps in gameplay. Both consoles can't and the best mode is to play at 30fps! 😂

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#6  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17808 Posts

So... the game is not worth playing on any platform right now. Wait for patches and then play the best version on PC. This is the way.

pmanden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 pmanden
Member since 2016 • 2928 Posts

I think this game needs a patch or two before we should compare the versions.

above_average

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By above_average
@loudheadphones said:

Hell yeah! Force loves PS5.

Seeing how strongly PS5 holds 60fps is surprising knowing the performance mode is 1440p (not sure if dynamic) since other GPUs thought to be far more powerful than PS5 like the 2080TI are only hitting the 30's at the same resolution.

From this PC review time stamped at the performance section

Loading Video...

PS5 performance mode below states 1440p resolution

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16539 Posts

@above_average: keep trolling below average, 12 tflop > 9 tflop. Only first party studios show what Xbox is capable of. Games like MSFS20, which is simply too much for the 9 tflop ps5 to handle.

above_average

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By above_average
@blaznwiipspman1 said:

@above_average: keep trolling below average, 12 tflop > 9 tflop. Only first party studios show what Xbox is capable of. Games like MSFS20, which is simply too much for the 9 tflop ps5 to handle.

Is that a fact?

Le
Le
above_average

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By above_average
@pmanden said:

I think this game needs a patch or two before we should compare the versions.

It already has!

lol but there will be more analysis to come so those will be updated as well. For now THIS is the result.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22375 Posts

Putting fanboy nonsense aside for a sec (I know some of you are incapable of doing it), but has Digital Foundry etc mentioned what might be causing the differences in versions? It seems to be a common theme, even though on paper the XSX is the more powerful console. Is it a devkit issue, or a Series S issue? Just seems very odd.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

@above_average: The internal resolution isn’t 1440p lmao. That’s the output res. It’s apparently as low as 960p at times using dynamic res. This is X1 resolution.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6038 Posts

I Remember when people use to play video games, nowadays they play specs on forums. But, but, but my shitty version is better than your shittier version 🤦‍♂️

You would think people would be together and demand better from devs, no not cows as long as they see a win, no matter the costs.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 hrt_rulz01

@last_lap: Sad reality.

above_average

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By above_average
@hrt_rulz01 said:

Putting fanboy nonsense aside for a sec (I know some of you are incapable of doing it), but has Digital Foundry etc mentioned what might be causing the differences in versions? It seems to be a common theme, even though on paper the XSX is the more powerful console. Is it a devkit issue, or a Series S issue? Just seems very odd.

DF aren't coders or software engineers.

They couldn't tell you why we are getting these differences we're seeing now because they themselves tried to argue that power = performance (using teraflops) as justification for a 20% delta between PS5 vs XSX in favor of XSX that has completely fell flat.

DF were baffled and confused during their Ghostwire Tokyo analysis as well...

DF are great for analyzing what is there in front of them after a game is playable, but they aren't the people to look for answers about coding, development or explaining architectural hardware differences between systems because they've been proven wrong about predictions on current gen consoles multiple occasions.

I love reminding people DF's Alex Battaglia originally argued PS5 was only on par with a 2060 Super, a GPU they've already abandoned trying to match up to PS5 in PC head to heads.

above_average

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 above_average

@Juub1990 said:

@above_average: The internal resolution isn’t 1440p lmao. That’s the output res. It’s apparently as low as 960p at times using dynamic res. This is X1 resolution.

So the resolution is dynamic?

I already mentioned I wasn't sure if resolution was dynamic or not, so you can stop acting all excited as if you said something of significance.

Also what do you mean "internal"? Are you saying they're using a reconstruction to get to 1440p? or are you saying it's a dynamic resolution? You're a little all over the place.

above_average

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 above_average

@last_lap said:

I Remember when people use to play video games, nowadays they play specs on forums. But, but, but my shitty version is better than your shittier version 🤦‍♂️

You would think people would be together and demand better from devs, no not cows as long as they see a win, no matter the costs.

@hrt_rulz01 said:

@last_lap: Sad reality.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Juub1990
@above_average said:

So the resolution is dynamic?

I already mentioned I wasn't sure if resolution was dynamic or not, so you can stop acting all excited as if you said something of significance.

Also what do you mean "internal"? Are you saying they're using a reconstruction to get to 1440p? or are you saying it's a dynamic resolution? You're a little all over the place.

Both can be true. What I've heard for certain is that it uses FSR in both performance and quality mode so the internal resolution is 1440p and 960p, respectively. Some channels reported seeing drops in resolution but aren't certain. DF will do pixel count probably tomorrow and NX Gamer will have his video up presumably later today.

Whatever the case, this game isn't running native resolution so comparing it to native res won't work.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11612 Posts

HDR completely broken on PS5, constant tearing and frame drops... Not looking good.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Juub1990

@fedor said:

HDR completely broken on PS5, constant tearing and frame drops... Not looking good.

lmao thread fails again. Everybody loses but the mongrel that is OP is trying to spin this as a victory.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Last_Lap

@above_average: Wake me up when you have something above average to say.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Last_Lap

@hrt_rulz01: For him its above average fanboyism, below average intelligence.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 hrt_rulz01

@last_lap: 😂😂

above_average

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 above_average

@fedor said:

Um lol those are issues on both version and other than HDR I already covered that in my opening. But thanks for the reach

above_average

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 above_average
@Juub1990 said:
@fedor said:

lmao thread fails again. Everybody loses but the mongrel that is OP is trying to spin this as a victory.

lol why are you name calling? Why are you so mad? smh children children I am just informing the board of the current situation.

Don't take your anger and frustration out on me, I'm just a messenger lol

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Fedor
@above_average said:
@fedor said:

Um lol those are issues on both version and other than HDR I already covered that in my opening. But thanks for the reach

What reach? You don't like facts? Your youtube video only covers the opening 5 minutes of the game, I'm providing valuable information. Stop the cope, I'm just the messenger.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#28 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69477 Posts

This is what happens when you allow ignorance to reign supreme..😂

@hrt_rulz01 said:

It is most likely a preferred platform issue. This is further reflected with the PC versions of the same games. But if you ask the OP who is thoroughly ignorant, he will say it is secret sauce.😂

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Fedor

PS5 in a terrible state. Hopefully the patches come quick.

above_average

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By above_average
@Juub1990 said:
@fedor said:

@last_lap said:

@hrt_rulz01: For him its above average fanboyism, below average intelligence.

@hrt_rulz01 said:

@last_lap: 😂😂

I hate to inform you my angry and disappointed xboys, but none of your bitter attacks against me are going to change the situation for you preferred console against the PS5.

Instead of wasting energy trying to lash out at me, you should direct your frustration at MS and the influencers who lied to you about Xbox Series X.

They're the one's who made you all look dumb hyping up specs with nothing to show for it.

THIS ^ was y'all gods you all listened to! Go talk to him and hash out your turmoil.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Pedro

@above_average: When you have everyone correcting you on your ignorance and falsehood but still posting thinking you are right, you might want to consider "Am I the idiot?".😉

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#32 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

Not only permanently behind in sales, but also performance lol. This is laughable, pathetic and unacceptable.

above_average

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 above_average

@fedor: Keep searching and coping

All versions are bad, as I already covered in my opening.

The PS5 version, however, is simply far and away superior compared to the Xbox Series X version. This fact seems to hurt your feelings.

lol it's funny seeing you desperately run to find anything negative on the PS5 version as if it somehow vindicates the much worse Xbox Series X version.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#34 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts
@xhawk27 said:

You're bothered by this🤣Literally EVERYTHING that's been coming out in the last 3 or so months is performaning better on the ps5🤣🤣🤣 Your system is nothing but a disappointment😆🤣🤣

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Last_Lap

@above_average: No.idea who he is. Since you know everything about Xbox maybe you should go talk to him.

I'll play the games while you sit on here playing the names.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Pedro

@above_average said:

The PS5 version, however, is simply far and away superior compared to the Xbox Series X version. This fact seems to hurt your feelings.

lol it's funny seeing you desperately run to find anything negative on the PS5 version as if it somehow vindicates the much worse Xbox Series X version.

You claiming @fedor feelings are hurt and coping is actually the funny and desperate thing. Know your audience Mr Meltdown.😂

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Fedor
@above_average said:

Searching? It's all under EA star wars tweet. If I actually searched I could fill 10 pages up with pissed off PS5 users. Stop the cope, I'm just the messenger providing valuable information.. None of your bitter attacks against me are going to change the situation for your preferred console the PS5.

above_average

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 above_average

@Pedro said:

"Am I the idiot?".😉

That you are!

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Fedor
@above_average said:
@fedor said:
@above_average said:
@fedor said:

What reach? You don't like facts? Your youtube video only covers the opening 5 minutes of the game, I'm providing valuable information. Stop the cope, I'm just the messenger.

Oh no'es look...

HDR is broken on BOTH PS5 and XSX!

It's a good thing we don't have any desperate jackass's who would only post the issue for one system to misrepresent the facts and expose themselves as another lying xboy...eh @fedor Oh wait..

So angry, People are already reporting those "fixes" don't work though. Hence the complaints and EA's acknowledgement of the PS5 HDR being broken.

None of your bitter attacks against me are going to change the situation for your preferred console the PS5.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Pedro

@above_average: Let me ask a simple question. Do you have the game?🙃

ThatForumUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#42 ThatForumUser
Member since 2019 • 701 Posts

Another Xbox Win this is old by now but Phil is not tired of winning yet!! If you have no game pass you have no games sorry!! 😁

above_average

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 above_average

@fedor said:
@above_average said:

Searching? It's all under EA star wars tweet. If I actually searched I could fill 10 pages up with pissed off PS5 users. Stop the cope, I'm just the messenger providing valuable information.. None of your bitter attacks against me are going to change the situation for your preferred console the PS5.

You didn't provide shit but a misrepresentation of the facts.

I expect nothing less from a desperate and seething xboy who hyped up Teraflops like a fool for 2 years only to be exposed as a clueless tech hack when the results came in.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Fedor

@above_average said:
@fedor said:
@above_average said:

I expect nothing less from a desperate and seething xboy who hyped up Teraflops like a fool for 2 years only to be exposed as a clueless tech hack when the results came in.

I've already addressed this false workaround, keep up. Please refrain from these personal attacks and outright lies about me.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

Gonna just wait for PC version to get fixed, this is so bad on PS5 (and that won't be fixed).

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Pedro

@above_average said:

Stop making false claims against @fedor. Every you stated is objectively false. I understand you are frustrated by facts and reality but making shit up about other posters isn't right direction.🙃

above_average

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 above_average
@Pedro said:

@above_average: Let me ask a simple question. Do you have the game?🙃

Let me ask you a simple question. What happened to the 12Tflops you were hyping up til now?

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 hrt_rulz01

@Pedro said:

@above_average: When you have everyone correcting you on your ignorance and falsehood but still posting thinking you are right, you might want to consider "Am I the idiot?".😉

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Fedor

@Pedro said:
@above_average said:

Stop making false claims against @fedor. Every you stated is objectively false. I understand you are frustrated by facts and reality but making shit up about other posters isn't right direction.🙃

Exactly, I'm simply a messenger providing facts and valuable information.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Pedro

@above_average said:

Let me ask you a simple question. What happened to the 12Tflops you were hyping up til now?

I'll take that as no because of your immediate deflection. 😂