crushgoil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#51 crushgoil
Member since 2006 • 2554 Posts

It doesn't bother me, either way, as I'll not be on a team myself. As long as everyone is okay with ten mercenaries possibly all attacking the same team for the same team.. then we can play with it that way.

The sooner people make teams, the sooner we can start.. :)

Avatar image for queen_valentine
queen_valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 queen_valentine
Member since 2004 • 5870 Posts

:lol: ten mercs attacking the same team....that'd be awesome!

If we play on those rules - I'm a merc. I don't think I could make a team anyway as I'm not an Admin anymore and I don't even know if anyone would join it! :lol:

crushgoil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 crushgoil

Anyone can form a team, doesn't have to be a member of the admin staff. It just has to be a full team of three people :)

I'm sure people would join your team if you wanted one Celes. But I'm sure you'd have fun as a merc. too :)

shewolf1961

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 shewolf1961
Member since 2003 • 3878 Posts

Since we are talking about the rules there are a couple more that I think needs to be changed. We learned from the game what worked and what didn't, so let discuss the ones that didn't work out so well.:D

Besides how to use Mercenaries which I think has been discussed. May have to bring everyone up to speed about that. Unless someone voices an objection to the change.

1. Hurting and Healing: Before it was 500HP for either. I think it would help speed things up if Hurts stayed at 500HP damage, while Heals should be lowered to 300HP for curing, for both team members and mercenaries.

2. Haste: The old way was pointless because when a team member cast haste on themselves it only gave them 1000HP to deal damage or cure with the next day.

Day one cast haste or hit for 500HP, day two use haste for 1000HP or hit for 500HP.

Its the same no matter how you use it. Therefore I would recommend that casting haste should result in lets say 1200HP damage. Then casting haste would be worth losing a day of hurting or healing, to cast it. It could even be the number used to heal with as well just to simplify things. (or if healing is changed to 300HP then a haste heal could be 800HP).:D

These are the only updates I would make to the system. Everything else worked great.:D Besides trying to get the mercenaries to put date and time and the teams stats in their post.:P

queen_valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 queen_valentine
The only thing I can think of that would make Haste pointless is that if we changed it to 1200HP, then everyone would cast Haste. I mean honestly...what would be the point of just attacking? So maybe Haste is pointless? hm....not sue! Must discuss more! :P
johngebreadman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#56 johngebreadman
Member since 2007 • 9960 Posts
i wanna join a team i dont care who with. pick me pick me! he says jumping up and down like donkey from shrek!
crushgoil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 crushgoil

The only thing I can think of that would make Haste pointless is that if we changed it to 1200HP, then everyone would cast Haste. I mean honestly...what would be the point of just attacking? So maybe Haste is pointless? hm....not sue! Must discuss more! :Pqueen_valentine

I agree.. everyone would be casting haste constantly...

The reason why everything was limited to 500HP in the last round was to make things simple, and even as it was I think some people felt that there were too many rules and that it was too confusing :( I really don't know. I'd personally love to have millions of different things going on, and have it be like a full blown RPG.. but it has to be simple enough for people to pick up and play around with quickly. As long as everyone's agreed on the rules though, they can get as complex as we like.

shewolf1961

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 shewolf1961

[QUOTE="queen_valentine"]The only thing I can think of that would make Haste pointless is that if we changed it to 1200HP, then everyone would cast Haste. I mean honestly...what would be the point of just attacking? So maybe Haste is pointless? hm....not sue! Must discuss more! :Pcrushgoil

The reason why everything was limited to 500HP in the last round was to make things simple, and even as it was I think some people felt that there were too many rules and that it was too confusing :( I really don't know. I'd personally love to have millions of different things going on, and have it be like a full blown RPG.. but it has to be simple enough for people to pick up and play around with quickly. As long as everyone's agreed on the rules though, they can get as complex as we like.

Yea, I hadn't thought of it like Celes describes it. Everyone would be casting haste all the time. :shock: unless we limit how often it can be used. Like once a week or every 7 days from the time of use. Or maybe it would be better to either leave it alone or toss it out. Hmmmm! What to do?

Once a week just might be interesting. Think about it. Teams are posting for the day, everyone sees that one team, all have cast haste which would mean that the next day all three members would be hitting probably one team with the combined total of whatever having cast haste is worth. Boom! Major hit.:lol: But by it being limited they wouldn't be able to do that everyday.

OOOOOoooooo, maybe once every 14 days. Then the teams would have to really be strategic as to when they used it.:lol:

It could also be a lifesaver for a team to use if they are about to die. But like I said teams would have to really think about when and how they used it. And the plot thickens......:lol:

crushgoil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 crushgoil
[QUOTE="crushgoil"]

[QUOTE="queen_valentine"]The only thing I can think of that would make Haste pointless is that if we changed it to 1200HP, then everyone would cast Haste. I mean honestly...what would be the point of just attacking? So maybe Haste is pointless? hm....not sue! Must discuss more! :Pshewolf1961

Yea, I hadn't thought of it like Celes describes it. Everyone would be casting haste all the time. :shock: unless we limit how often it can be used. Like once a week or every 7 days from the time of use. Or maybe it would be better to either leave it alone or toss it out. Hmmmm! What to do?

Once a week just might be interesting. Think about it. Teams are posting for the day, everyone sees that one team, all have cast haste which would mean that the next day all three members would be hitting probably one team with the combined total of whatever having cast haste is worth. Boom! Major hit.:lol: But by it being limited they wouldn't be able to do that everyday.

OOOOOoooooo, maybe once every 14 days. Then the teams would have to really be strategic as to when they used it.:lol:

It could also be a lifesaver for a team to use if they are about to die. But like I said teams would have to really think about when and how they used it. And the plot thickens......:lol:

It's a great idea.. but keeping track of timed things is really a lot more difficult than it sounds (especially with timezone differences). People would have to be really good at posting the date when they cast something.. and posting the date it can be effective on.. etc. etc.

Odinunlimited

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#61 Odinunlimited
Member since 2007 • 485 Posts
Why not make haste a simplistic, weekly, Yuna drop as the summons were? The difference would be that it would be a guaranteed weekly drop on any day of the week Yuna chooses. Just a thought.
queen_valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 queen_valentine

Why not make haste a simplistic, weekly, Yuna drop as the summons were? The difference would be that it would be a guaranteed weekly drop on any day of the week Yuna chooses. Just a thought.Odinunlimited

First of all - holy crap Odin GOOD TO SEE YOU!! :D

Secondly, genius idea. *high five* I completely agree with Haste just being a common drop.

However, I am siding with Nel on the hurt/heal differences (hurt - 500, heal - 300). Would make battles go quicker. Maybe even lower the max HP limit from 9999HP to hmm....5000HP? If it's over quick, that's OK because the other one dragged on even though we didn't mean for that to happen. And that way, the interest in the Team Battles will still be high even at the end of the game.

So far, I think the rules should go like this (and please, challenge me on any of these - this is a group effort :))

- Mercs. are the wildcards of the game and have free will on who they choose to help/hurt
- Hurt = 500, Heal = 300
- Haste is now a drop, along with summons or anything else that could be planned.

What do you guys think of it?

I think that as long as we can still add cool features like Haste and such but avoiding the whole Timed thing, everything should work fine. As I agree with Yuna on the time zone issues.

shewolf1961

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 shewolf1961

I love Odin's idea. I like it!:D

It's simple and just as affective.:D

Celes has the points down and two thumbs up!:P

But I think we still more people voicing their opinions. How about a telegram so the first round team members and merceraries know that another battle is in the making and the new members or ones who didn't take part last time can get in on the ground floor.

FYI: I have team:D We haven't come up with a team name yet. But team number 1 will be Nel, Zack, and Odin.:D
crushgoil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 crushgoil

I love Odin's idea. I like it!:D

It's simple and just as affective.:D

Celes has the points down and two thumbs up!:P

But I think we still more people voicing their opinions. How about a telegram so the first round team members and merceraries know that another battle is in the making and the new members or ones who didn't take part last time can get in on the ground floor.

FYI: I have team:D We haven't come up with a team name yet. But team number 1 will be Nel, Zack, and Odin.:Dshewolf1961

Ooo a first team! Awesome :D

and sure, I could make haste drops :D. I'll just make drops more often.

queen_valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 queen_valentine

I have a team too.

It's called the "Celes is solo and is a merc." team. :P

latte428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 latte428
Member since 2004 • 5957 Posts

I have a team too.

queen_valentine

:lol:

If anyone wants, I'll join a team.

Lady_Bahamut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Lady_Bahamut
Member since 2007 • 1224 Posts
[QUOTE="queen_valentine"]

I have a team too.

latte428

Me too! D: Perferably in a team that knows what they're doing as I don't >_____>

latte428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 latte428
[QUOTE="latte428"][QUOTE="queen_valentine"]

I have a team too.

Lady_Bahamut

Me too! D: Perferably in a team that knows what they're doing as I don't >_____>

Same here. I was not in the last one so I'm not certain what I need to do....

johngebreadman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 johngebreadman

ill be in your team!

me, latte and lady bahamut i think!

latte428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 latte428

ill be in your team!

johngebreadman

Works for me! :D

Lady_Bahamut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Lady_Bahamut
[QUOTE="johngebreadman"]

ill be in your team!

latte428

Me too ^^

I have 3 name suggestions: Team "Mega Flare", Team "Tsubasa" or Team "Hien" (meaning scarlet flame(as in my banner, although it's spelt wrong in my banner. I didn't want to point it out at the time when it was made for me >_>))

latte428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 latte428
[QUOTE="latte428"][QUOTE="johngebreadman"]

ill be in your team!

Lady_Bahamut

Me too ^^

I have 3 name suggestions: Team "Mega Flare", Team "Tsubasa" or Team "Hien" (meaning scarlet flame(as in my banner, although it's spelt wrong in my banner. I didn't want to point it out at the time when it was made for me >_>))

I won't be of any help as I like all 3! :P

johngebreadman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 johngebreadman
anything im not a namess person. my idea would have been the McMuffins
latte428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 latte428

anything im not a namess person. my idea would have been the McMuffinsjohngebreadman

Not much of a naming person either. I either have an idea right away or no idea will come...

My only thought was something about keyblades..

johngebreadman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 johngebreadman
something japanese! that would work , because no one would understand it, and it automatically sounds cool!
latte428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 latte428

something japanese! that would work , because no one would understand it, and it automatically sounds cool!johngebreadman

I know that I would not understand it. As long as we at least know what it means! :P

Odinunlimited

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Odinunlimited

Has it really been that long? Perhaps I'll make a point of making my presence known throughout the union once again. It's nice to know I haven't been forgotten though, and it's nice to know I was missed...Wasn't I?

As for new participants. Nothing says you can't form your own teams of three, so go for it. Don't overlook Lady_Bahamut/Freya's suggested team name of Team Mega Flare. That is an awesome name in my opinion. Anyone having trouble completing a team should PM me. I know a few Union members who might join if invited, but won't take the initiative to ask about joining a team themselves.

Signed,

Your friendly neighborhood Odinunlimited (Veteran of both previous SEE Hurt & Heals)

crushgoil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 crushgoil

Has it really been that long? Perhaps I'll make a point of making my presence known throughout the union once again. It's nice to know I haven't been forgotten though, and it's nice to know I was missed...Wasn't I?

As for new participants. Nothing says you can't form your own teams of three, so go for it. Don't overlook Lady_Bahamut/Freya's suggested team name of Team Mega Flare. That is an awesome name in my opinion. Anyone having trouble completing a team should PM me. I know a few Union members who might join if invited, but won't take the initiative to ask about joining a team themselves.

Signed,

Your friendly neighborhood Odinunlimited (Veteran of both previous SEE Hurt & Heals)

Odinunlimited

It's so good to see you around again Odin! You have been sorely missed.

queen_valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 queen_valentine

Signed,

Odinunlimited

Odin - lol of COURSE you've been missed!

SEE H&H Veterans...hmm...I like the sound of that.

We should do a rookies vs. veterans fight! :twisted: :P

shewolf1961

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 shewolf1961
[QUOTE="Odinunlimited"]

Signed,

queen_valentine

Yea, I've missed him too!:D

Hmmm Celes, you little devil;) I like your idea, since I have a veterans team.:lol:

queen_valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 queen_valentine
[QUOTE="queen_valentine"][QUOTE="Odinunlimited"]

Signed,

shewolf1961

Yea, I've missed him too!:D

Hmmm Celes, you little devil;) I like your idea, since I have a veterans team.:lol:

Heh heh...well you know me!

I was partly joking when I said it but.....it actually sounds wicked cool XD

latte428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 latte428

Be nice to us rookies!

I'm not even sure how to play yet...

Lady_Bahamut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Lady_Bahamut
How about it then my team, shall we call ourself "Team Mega Flare"? ^__^
johngebreadman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 johngebreadman
yep thats fine with me, also i dont know how to play yet either
latte428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 latte428
I like Team Mega Flare! :D
johngebreadman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 johngebreadman

then its decided we are team mega flare!

Freya, vaan and belgamine are Mega flare team!

latte428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 latte428

johngebreadman

Yeah! Now I just need to know how to play... :P

Lady_Bahamut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Lady_Bahamut
[QUOTE="johngebreadman"]

latte428

I'm glad you liked the name ^__^

latte428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 latte428
[QUOTE="latte428"][QUOTE="johngebreadman"]

Lady_Bahamut

I'm glad you liked the name ^__^

I liked all 3 actually! :P

johngebreadman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 johngebreadman

i couldnt care less about the anme...

can someone put downa description of the rulse for noobs plz?

crushgoil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 crushgoil

please click on the Team Battle Arena tag in my signature and return to the first few posts in that forum for a full description of last round's rules

Once the new rules have been decided upon finally I will create a new list to go at the beginning of this new round.

latte428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 latte428

please click on the Team Battle Arena tag in my signature and return to the first few posts in that forum for a full description of last round's rules

Once the new rules have been decided upon finally I will create a new list to go at the beginning of this new round.

crushgoil

Thanks Yuna! :)

johngebreadman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 johngebreadman

cool, i will wait though if the rules are gonna chage

shewolf1961

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 shewolf1961

Let it be known that from this point onward the team of Odin, Zack and Nel will be known as

Blades of Ragnarok:P

:oops:Guess I'm the leader, too!:oops::P

Back to training guys!:lol:

Odinunlimited

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Odinunlimited

Odin intently polishes his mighty blade, Zantetsuken. He pauses, looks up and almost smirks. "Just say the word Nel"

By the way Yuna, I had an idea for the new Battle Arena. I was hoping for your opinion and approval. So here it is; you know how I used to update the Team HPs. I was thinking that along with your regular drops you could also drop some gil for teams to pick-up. That way I could set up my own shop within the update post. For example:

Team Mega Flare

Freya 5000 HP

Vaan 5000 HP

Belgamine 5000 HP

Team Blades of Ragnarok

Nel 5000 HP

Zack 5000 HP

Odin 5000 HP

Battle Arena Shop

1 Hi-Potion (800 HP heal) 500 Gil

1 Antidote (heals poison status) 600 Gil

1 Lilith's Kiss (Drain 500 HP from one team and add 500 HP to your own 800 Gil

1 Genji Glove rental (One player may perform a double attack for 2x damage [5 day rental]) 1000 Gil

1 Mini scroll (Cast mini on one team reducing damage by half [duration: one day]) 300 Gil

Once an item is purchased it's gone from the inventory until it is restocked or replaced by another item of my choosing. Of course requests may be considered, and if Yuna would like to see a specific item I would instantly stock it since she's the overseer and not a participant. So, what do you think Yuna.

crushgoil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 crushgoil

Odin intently polishes his mighty blade, Zantetsuken. He pauses, looks up and almost smirks. "Just say the word Nel"

By the way Yuna, I had an idea for the new Battle Arena. I was hoping for your opinion and approval. So here it is; you know how I used to update the Team HPs. I was thinking that along with your regular drops you could also drop some gil for teams to pick-up. That way I could set up my own shop within the update post. For example:

Team Mega Flare

Freya 5000 HP

Vaan 5000 HP

Belgamine 5000 HP

Team Blades of Ragnarok

Nel 5000 HP

Zack 5000 HP

Odin 5000 HP

Battle Arena Shop

1 Hi-Potion (800 HP heal) 500 Gil

1 Antidote (heals poison status) 600 Gil

1 Lilith's Kiss (Drain 500 HP from one team and add 500 HP to your own 800 Gil

1 Genji Glove rental (One player may perform a double attack for 2x damage [5 day rental]) 1000 Gil

1 Mini scroll (Cast mini on one team reducing damage by half [duration: one day]) 300 Gil

Once an item is purchased it's gone from the inventory until it is restocked or replaced by another item of my choosing. Of course requests may be considered, and if Yuna would like to see a specific item I would instantly stock it since she's the overseer and not a participant. So, what do you think Yuna.

Odinunlimited

Sounds great Odin, I was actually going to do this last round, but ended up sticking to other drops instead. When people pick up Gil would they be able to use an item AND attack/ heal on the same turn? OR would it take a turn to buy it and a turn to use it?

johngebreadman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 johngebreadman
nice idea, when are we starting?
crushgoil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 crushgoil

well I'm hoping we'll have more than two teams to start things off?

shewolf1961

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 shewolf1961

Odin's idea is awesome!:D Now was we collect this gil, and after a team purchases an item. Can that team hold that item and use it whenever they feel ready to use it.?

As to more teams, Yuna, you might find it a lot quicker if you started a team recruitment thread like there was the last time. Food for thought.:D