Texans look GREAT this year.

• 51 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

RyuHayabusaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 RyuHayabusaX
Member since 2005 • 7838 Posts
So my Panthers took a 14-0 lead, and now the Texans have just scored 31 unanswered points. This is due to their defense, which forced a fumble on a kickoff(result=TD), an INT, and countless 3rd down stops. Their offense is also doing great, Schaub is doing great as QB. With a defense like this(they stopped our running backs from going just 1 yard!!), the Texans are really a team to look out for this year.
wallymartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 wallymartin
Member since 2004 • 12165 Posts
I'm loving it, they've looked fantastic in this game, as well as last week. I'm not ready to label them a playoff team yet, but they've given me hope.
king23_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#3 king23_
Member since 2007 • 18169 Posts
yep
matsterJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 matsterJ
Member since 2007 • 437 Posts
Yeah they got a decent RB in Ahman green, abetter QB in Matt schuab, and 3 new wide outs.Amobi Okoyea DT from lousiville. And there suddenly better
-Tish-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#5 -Tish-
Member since 2007 • 3624 Posts
That game really didn't make too much sense to me. I got horrid flashbacks of the Sunday night game against Dallas a year ago. It's just not right when a team dominates on all cylinders for the first ten minutes and then falls apart for the rest of the game.
goodlay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 goodlay
Member since 2005 • 5773 Posts

That game really didn't make too much sense to me. I got horrid flashbacks of the Sunday night game against Dallas a year ago. It's just not right when a team dominates on all cylinders for the first ten minutes and then falls apart for the rest of the game. -Tish-

Yeah, when they took a 17-14 lead, I knew it was over, it was JUST like the Dallas game last year, so brutal to watch.

Texans looked really good today, but I dunno, if they win next week or at least play Indy close, then ill label them a playoff team.

CommanderShiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 CommanderShiro
Member since 2005 • 21746 Posts
They're scaring me. Damn it all I'm a Jags fan.
goodlay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 goodlay

They're scaring me. Damn it all I'm a Jags fan. CommanderShiro

You're scared? If the Panthers flop again this year, Fox and company are gonna be gone, and Jake will probably be out as well.

Today was a horrible flashback of how bad last year was.

xyoojguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 xyoojguy
Member since 2003 • 1102 Posts
YeahI think Matt Schaub look great.. He looks better than David Carr because he doesn't hold on to the ball too long and has a quicker release on the ball when he throws IMO..
schox5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#10 schox5
Member since 2005 • 971 Posts
The Texans have suprised me so far this year.
G1ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 G1ll
Member since 2006 • 110 Posts
The Texans have looked impressive, but it has only been two games. I won't jump on the bandwagon just yet.
bunchofpixels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 bunchofpixels
Member since 2003 • 7049 Posts
Looks like the Texans made the right choice in drafting Mario Williams instead of that undersized wide receiver.
kalloo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 kalloo
Member since 2006 • 218 Posts
Looks like the Texans made the right choice in drafting Mario Williams instead of that undersized wide receiver.bunchofpixels
dam right where rthe critics now
CommanderShiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 CommanderShiro
Member since 2005 • 21746 Posts

[QUOTE="CommanderShiro"]They're scaring me. Damn it all I'm a Jags fan. goodlay

You're scared? If the Panthers flop again this year, Fox and company are gonna be gone, and Jake will probably be out as well.

Well you guys will still have Steve Smith. He always brings you guys smiles doesn't he? I wish the Jags had a reciever like him.
GamerForca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 78

#15 GamerForca
Member since 2005 • 7203 Posts
I laugh in the faces of all the people that said Schaub would suck as a starter and was worse than Vick.
murlow12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 murlow12
Member since 2005 • 11109 Posts
The Texans don't look great. They're much improved, but they beat 2 bad teams in the first 2 weeks. Wait until they play a real opponent.
goodlay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 goodlay

The Texans don't look great. They're much improved, but they beat 2 bad teams in the first 2 weeks. Wait until they play a real opponent.murlow12

Panthers a bad team? Mm yeah, and your Chargers sure are looking great against the Pats.

Teams have bad games, if we lose to the Falcons, then i'll say were a bad team.

murlow12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 murlow12

[QUOTE="murlow12"]The Texans don't look great. They're much improved, but they beat 2 bad teams in the first 2 weeks. Wait until they play a real opponent.goodlay

Panthers a bad team? Mm yeah, and your Chargers sure are looking great against the Pats.

The Chargers already beat the defending NFC champs in week 1, it's unrealistic to think they would go on the road and beat the best team in the NFL in week 2. Before the season I think every Charger fan would have thought 1-1 to start the season would have been fine.

And yes, the Panthers are a bad team. 8-8 is a stretch for them. They beat a terrible Rams team (did you see how bad they were against the 49ers today)? I don't expect them to lose to the Falcons next week, but they'll lose to most decent teams.

-Tish-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#19 -Tish-
Member since 2007 • 3624 Posts

[QUOTE="murlow12"]The Texans don't look great. They're much improved, but they beat 2 bad teams in the first 2 weeks. Wait until they play a real opponent.goodlay

The entire NFC is looking pretty bad. The only teams coming from that conference I see doing good this year are the Cowboys, Bears, and maybe 49ers. We might have some 8-8s and 9-7s making the playoffs.
murlow12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 murlow12
[QUOTE="goodlay"]

[QUOTE="murlow12"]The Texans don't look great. They're much improved, but they beat 2 bad teams in the first 2 weeks. Wait until they play a real opponent.-Tish-

The entire NFC is looking pretty bad. The only teams coming from that conference I see doing good this year are the Cowboys, Bears, and maybe 49ers. We might have some 8-8s and 9-7s making the playoffs.

Definitely some 8-8s making the playoffs. It's looking like the NFC West winner will be 8-8 or worse. Every team in that division looks very bad.
dkhw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#21 dkhw
Member since 2006 • 4045 Posts
Right about now that trade for Schaub looks like a steal for the Texans. Good for them. Finally something positive going for them.
dkhw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 dkhw
[QUOTE="goodlay"]

[QUOTE="murlow12"]The Texans don't look great. They're much improved, but they beat 2 bad teams in the first 2 weeks. Wait until they play a real opponent.murlow12

The Chargers already beat the defending NFC champs in week 1, it's unrealistic to think they would go on the road and beat the best team in the NFL in week 2. Before the season I think every Charger fan would have thought 1-1 to start the season would have been fine.

And yes, the Panthers are a bad team. 8-8 is a stretch for them. They beat a terrible Rams team (did you see how bad they were against the 49ers today)? I don't expect them to lose to the Falcons next week, but they'll lose to most decent teams.

Yeah. Gotta agree with you. Even I overestimated the Panthers in the beginning of the season. I thought they could go 10-6, but that looks like it will take a miracle season from Steve Smith for that to happen like a 2500 Yard, 25 TD season.

And NFC is officially dead. They are the Eastern Conference of NFL. OMG, Seahawks, a preseason favorite of some to win NFC championship looks terrible. Saints look absolutely terrible. Rams are laughable. 49ers are decent. Looks like another NFC championship for the Bears.

bunchofpixels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 bunchofpixels
[QUOTE="goodlay"]

[QUOTE="CommanderShiro"]They're scaring me. Damn it all I'm a Jags fan. CommanderShiro

Well you guys will still have Steve Smith. He always brings you guys smiles doesn't he? I wish the Jags had a reciever like him.

The Jags havent been using the weapons they do have namely Jones-Drew. He needs more touches.
murlow12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 murlow12

Looks like another NFC championship for the Bears. dkhw

I don't know. I hate to say it, but the Cowboys are the NFC favorite for me right now.

bunchofpixels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 bunchofpixels
[QUOTE="murlow12"][QUOTE="goodlay"]

[QUOTE="murlow12"]The Texans don't look great. They're much improved, but they beat 2 bad teams in the first 2 weeks. Wait until they play a real opponent.dkhw

Yeah. Gotta agree with you. Even I overestimated the Panthers in the beginning of the season. I thought they could go 10-6, but that looks like it will take a miracle season from Steve Smith for that to happen like a 2500 Yard, 25 TD season.

And NFC is officially dead. They are the Eastern Conference of NFL. OMG, Seahawks, a preseason favorite of some to win NFC championship looks terrible. Saints look absolutely terrible. Rams are laughable. 49ers are decent. Looks like another NFC championship for the Bears.

Dallas looks to be the class of the NFC. Yea, their pass D is horrid, but that isnt a problem against the Bears.
dkhw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 dkhw
[QUOTE="dkhw"][QUOTE="murlow12"][QUOTE="goodlay"]

[QUOTE="murlow12"]The Texans don't look great. They're much improved, but they beat 2 bad teams in the first 2 weeks. Wait until they play a real opponent.bunchofpixels

Dallas looks to be the class of the NFC. Yea, their pass D is horrid, but that isnt a problem against the Bears.

LMAO. That's true. Grossman is the worst QB in the league and it's hard to win a QB that can't take advantage of any turnovers and only thing he can do is throw long.

mazing87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#27 mazing87
Member since 2004 • 3881 Posts

I'm really routing for the Texans. I hope they can do well this season.

feryl06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 feryl06
Member since 2006 • 4955 Posts
Can't we wait til week 10 or something til we annoint the Texans playoff contenders? Sheez. It's only week two. Anything can happen. I can't believe it, until late november/december and see their record then. Until then, let's come back to earth, okay?
gutts25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#29 gutts25
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
I am a hardcore Panther fan, but I have to admit that the Texans looked great Sunday. Both the offense and the defense played great. Anyone think they'll make the playoffs? They've got a really good chance the way the season has started.
goodlay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 goodlay

Please, one loss and everyone is saying the Panthers will be terrible this year. You guys are underestimating the Texans, they may be this years Cinderella story. Offensive threats in the running and passing game with Ron Dayne, Ahman Green, and Andre Johnson, a QB who doesn't turn the ball over and makes plays when needed, and a great run defense.

pacomontoya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 pacomontoya
Member since 2005 • 123 Posts

Can't we wait til week 10 or something til we annoint the Texans playoff contenders? Sheez. It's only week two. Anything can happen. I can't believe it, until late november/december and see their record then. Until then, let's come back to earth, okay?feryl06

Well, as much I would ordinarily agree with you, I'm going to have to say no. Lol. As horrible as we've had it for the past few years, just let us marinate in this one. If we get spanked the rest of the season, atleast we had two really good games. :) I've been waiting for a really good peformance (and I mean good performance), and I think I was quite satisfied this past game. Oh and believe me, I'm not hopeful for a playoff just yet. I know we have a lot of season left. But it does feel good to be 2-0. Ofcourse, we do have the COLTS coming up.... yikes.

murlow12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 murlow12

Please, one loss and everyone is saying the Panthers will be terrible this year.

goodlay
No, most of us were saying the Panthers were terrible before the season started. You Carolina fans got way too excited about beating a bad Rams team in week 1.
MartinRiggs15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 MartinRiggs15
Member since 2004 • 614 Posts
I can't wait for them to play against the Colts, seeing how close they were last year.
Fireball2500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Fireball2500
Member since 2004 • 3421 Posts

[QUOTE="murlow12"]The Texans don't look great. They're much improved, but they beat 2 bad teams in the first 2 weeks. Wait until they play a real opponent.dkhw

Man, as much as I want to disagree with you since I'm an Eagles fan, I have to agree with everything in that post I highlighted expect for the Bears winning the NFC. This explains why my secondary team was the Patriots, until the taping stuff made me change to the Colts.

EDIT:Well, I may not agree on everything I highlighted 100% because hardly any of the teams you talked about have games on on my TV stations, mostly because of basic cable.

ganon546

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ganon546
Member since 2007 • 2942 Posts
I'm very suprised by this Texans team. Never knew I would say that lol.
Ngamer05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Ngamer05
Member since 2003 • 11577 Posts
[QUOTE="goodlay"]

[QUOTE="murlow12"]The Texans don't look great. They're much improved, but they beat 2 bad teams in the first 2 weeks. Wait until they play a real opponent.murlow12

A stretch to beat the Patriots? Sounds like you had them penciled in as the winners before the game even started, which was probably a good thing since they did get embarrassed by the "classy" organization known as the Patriots. And I really hope you were not impressed in the Charger's only victory so far :?. The Bears have a good defense, but their offense is as bad you'll find in the NFL, especially with Thomas Jones no longer there.

So while you think the Panthers are a bad team, just take a look at your own Chargers and you'll see that their struggling just as bad. Also, how long did it take for the Chargers to finally score? 3rd quarter right? :lol:

mazing87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 mazing87
Pats got the gameplan down. Stop LT and Rivers is ineffective. Rivers won't win the big game for the Chargers without a good game out of their MVP back. It was proven Sunday night.

[QUOTE="murlow12"]The Texans don't look great. They're much improved, but they beat 2 bad teams in the first 2 weeks. Wait until they play a real opponent.Ngamer05

A stretch to beat the Patriots? Sounds like you had them penciled in as the winners before the game even started, which was probably a good thing since they did get embarrassed by the "classy" organization known as the Patriots. And I really hope you were not impressed in the Charger's only victory so far :?. The Bears have a good defense, but their offense is as bad you'll find in the NFL, especially with Thomas Jones no longer there.

So while you think the Panthers are a bad team, just take a look at your own Chargers and you'll see that their struggling just as bad. Also, how long did it take for the Chargers to finally score? 3rd quarter right? :lol:

Ngamer05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Ngamer05

Pats got the gameplan down. Stop LT and Rivers is ineffective. Rivers won't win the big game for the Chargers without a good game out of their MVP back. It was proven Sunday night.mrvic87

I agree and that was basically my point, the Chargers have a lot more to worry about than the "awful" Panthers do ;)

JDubs07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 JDubs07
Member since 2007 • 151 Posts
They are ok. They might be 8-8 this year but they are not going to the playoffs.
PatsFanVince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#40 PatsFanVince
Member since 2006 • 290 Posts
If they beat the Colts this week (which is very possible the way they played against the Titans) then you could consider them a contender for the wild card but I still think the Colts are head and shoulders above everyone in that division.
vivelaps3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 vivelaps3
Member since 2007 • 1060 Posts
Texan TExans TExans .woow impressive ! Matt Schaub is looking ocmfortable, defense remarquable WOW !
mazing87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 mazing87

If any team that needs to have some success, it's the Texans. The Jags had some success with Brunell in their young existence in the league and I always thought when will the Texans get over that hump? We'll see. Let's hope they aren't a fluke.

murlow12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 murlow12

[QUOTE="mrvic87"]Pats got the gameplan down. Stop LT and Rivers is ineffective. Rivers won't win the big game for the Chargers without a good game out of their MVP back. It was proven Sunday night.Ngamer05

I agree and that was basically my point, the Chargers have a lot more to worry about than the "awful" Panthers do ;)

Of course, because the awful panthers are still one of the top 5 teams in the NFC. Heck, the NFC is so bad that I wouldn't be surprised if the Panthers made the NFC Championship.The Chargers, on the other hand, are better than every NFC team, but still only 3rd or 4th best in the league.

And what's with that tag? Are you all of a sudden a Texans fan now that they're 2-0?

wallymartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 wallymartin
[QUOTE="Ngamer05"]

[QUOTE="mrvic87"]Pats got the gameplan down. Stop LT and Rivers is ineffective. Rivers won't win the big game for the Chargers without a good game out of their MVP back. It was proven Sunday night.murlow12

Of course, because the awful panthers are still one of the top 5 teams in the NFC. Heck, the NFC is so bad that I wouldn't be surprised if the Panthers made the NFC Championship.The Chargers, on the other hand, are better than every NFC team, but still only 3rd or 4th best in the league.

And what's with that tag? Are you all of a sudden a Texans fan now that they're 2-0?

He lost a sig bet. It was supposed to be Justin Timberlake, but I let him slide with something more mild. :P

rabidwolf86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 rabidwolf86
Member since 2004 • 743 Posts
oh but andre is out this week.
murlow12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 murlow12
[QUOTE="murlow12"][QUOTE="Ngamer05"]

[QUOTE="mrvic87"]Pats got the gameplan down. Stop LT and Rivers is ineffective. Rivers won't win the big game for the Chargers without a good game out of their MVP back. It was proven Sunday night.wallymartin

He lost a sig bet. It was supposed to be Justin Timberlake, but I let him slide with something more mild. :P

Oh, nice. I tried to make another sig bet with him about the Panthers, but he didn't respond. I said the Panthers would finish 8-8 or worse. Ngamer, the bet's still on the table if you're interested.
dkhw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 dkhw

[QUOTE="murlow12"]The Texans don't look great. They're much improved, but they beat 2 bad teams in the first 2 weeks. Wait until they play a real opponent.Ngamer05

But that still doesn't change the fact the Chargers are better than every single NFC teams.

Ngamer05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Ngamer05
[QUOTE="wallymartin"][QUOTE="murlow12"][QUOTE="Ngamer05"]

[QUOTE="mrvic87"]Pats got the gameplan down. Stop LT and Rivers is ineffective. Rivers won't win the big game for the Chargers without a good game out of their MVP back. It was proven Sunday night.murlow12

Oh, nice. I tried to make another sig bet with him about the Panthers, but he didn't respond. I said the Panthers would finish 8-8 or worse. Ngamer, the bet's still on the table if you're interested.

I know and I responded with a yes...you should be more observant next time :P

G1ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 G1ll
Member since 2006 • 110 Posts
Ouch. 3-5 and Schaub is banged up. I knew the hype was premature.
wallymartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 wallymartin

Injuries suck. :(

But now they're back on pace to finish right where I predicted them at the beginning of the year: 6-10. Maybe a little better if they can beat Oakland.