Patriots game is pathetic

• 104 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

channtheman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 channtheman1
Member since 2007 • 1176 Posts

So the Patriots are up against the Bills tonight and after a dominating first half and up 35 - 7, they effortlessly move down the field on their first possesion of the second half. Somehow Buffalo stops them for a 4th and 1 at the 4 yard line. Well since the Pats are up 35-7, you think they would kick the field goal. But wait, the Patriots don't think they've beaten up on the Bills enough yet. They decide to go for it on 4th down and convert for a touchdown.

Now up to this point I've haven't really thought much of the Patriots piling on the points, but after seeing them go for it in a situation where they have already won the game, it made me really think that Belichick is just piling on points to look impressive. I hope the Patriots go undefeated and, being hailed as the greatest team ever, get their asses blown out by either the Packers or Cowboys (whichever go to the Superbowl).

EDIT: How many more touchdowns do you think the Patriots pile on today? I'm thinking maybe a score of 63-10 will be good enough for Belichick, but he may just go the extra mile and go for 70. I bet he calls timeouts when there is 30 or so seconds left to squeeze another score in.

D3s7rUc71oN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 D3s7rUc71oN
Member since 2004 • 5180 Posts
Here we go again, its the 3rd quarter; in the end its 4th down and they can do whatever the hell they want, perhaps they want to beat the 98 Viking record for scoring most points in a regular season.
channtheman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 channtheman1
Yeah but this here was 4th down. A place teams usually kick the field goal and especially since the game is already over. If this was my Packers doing that I would honestly be embarassed.
Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21701 Posts
Yeah I agree but what else is new?
manningbowl135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 manningbowl135
Member since 2006 • 7457 Posts
So far everything, everything imaginable has gone right for them. No serious injuries at all, everyone's play has been picture perfect. No team can hold that up, and that's not a compliment to the Patriots b/c I don't think they will either. They will have a day when the line can't block anyone, or Brady can't throw well, or the recievers can't get open or maybe the defense will be horrible. Whatever happens, they will have an off day and if they play against a good team on that day, they'll lose. I can gurantee you they will not go undefeated. You can quote that.
twopic58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#7 twopic58
Member since 2007 • 3710 Posts

Get over it. If you want the offense to stop scoring, why don't the Bills play some defense. I think it's more of an insult for the offense to stop their momentum and stop the scoring, because the defense can't do anything.

Also, there is no team in NFL that can beat the Patriots. Cowboys and Packers aren't even in the same league as the Patriots.

dkhw
channtheman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 channtheman1

I want to ask you Patriots fans out there (who are probably band wagoners), do you honestly agree with the Pats going for it on 4th down when the game was already over?

^Thanks for contributing to the topic, twopic. Can you explain how quoting someone and not saying anything about it contributes at all?

dkhw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 dkhw
Member since 2006 • 4045 Posts

I want to ask you Patriots fans out there (who are probably band wagoners), do you honestly agree with the Pats going for it on 4th down when the game was already over?

^Thanks for contributing to the topic, twopic. Can you explain how quoting someone and not saying anything about it contributes at all?

channtheman1

Who cares? It's fourth and one, and it's football. Plus, Brady is not just going to play two quaters and call it a day. He needs to actually play three quaters. If he went out on every game he would basically play only 8.5 games.

dkhw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 dkhw

So far everything, everything imaginable has gone right for them. No serious injuries at all, everyone's play has been picture perfect. No team can hold that up, and that's not a compliment to the Patriots b/c I don't think they will either. They will have a day when the line can't block anyone, or Brady can't throw well, or the recievers can't get open or maybe the defense will be horrible. Whatever happens, they will have an off day and if they play against a good team on that day, they'll lose. I can gurantee you they will not go undefeated. You can quote that.manningbowl135

I will.:P

channtheman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 channtheman1
Belichick just had his kicker come over to him on the second 4th down and 1 the Pats face in the second half. His kicker asked him if he wanted to kick a field goal. Belichick responded by slapping his kicker and telling him to **** off. The Pats convert the fourth down.
D3s7rUc71oN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 D3s7rUc71oN

Belichick just had his kicker come over to him on the second 4th down and 1 the Pats face in the second half. His kicker asked him if he wanted to kick a field goal. Belichick responded by slapping his kicker and telling him to **** off. The Pats convert the fourth down.channtheman1

:lol: Damn it I missed that part.

channtheman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 channtheman1

[QUOTE="channtheman1"]Belichick just had his kicker come over to him on the second 4th down and 1 the Pats face in the second half. His kicker asked him if he wanted to kick a field goal. Belichick responded by slapping his kicker and telling him to **** off. The Pats convert the fourth down.D3s7rUc71oN

I actually think it's kinda funny at this point.

To all the Patriots fans getting upset though. I don't really care that the Patriots score. I do have more of a problem with them going for it on 4th downs when the game is clearly over. I guess they really want that scoring record.

PatsFanVince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#14 PatsFanVince
Member since 2006 • 290 Posts

The Bills are pathetic... haven't stopped the Pats all day what can you do and anyone complaining about running up the score is just a crybaby. This is what good teams do to bad teams.... they blow them out deal with it.

edit: wait ellis hobbs picks off a pass and returns it for the touchdown... how classless is that lmfao.

zarfbloot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 zarfbloot
Member since 2004 • 4557 Posts
[QUOTE="D3s7rUc71oN"]

[QUOTE="channtheman1"]Belichick just had his kicker come over to him on the second 4th down and 1 the Pats face in the second half. His kicker asked him if he wanted to kick a field goal. Belichick responded by slapping his kicker and telling him to **** off. The Pats convert the fourth down.channtheman1

To all the Patriots fans getting upset though. I don't really care that the Patriots score. I do have more of a problem with them going for it on 4th downs when the game is clearly over. I guess they really want that scoring record.

It's not the scoring record, before every game the players on the Patriots downplay everything, and say they're only goal is to win the Superbowl. They're running up the score to show how good they are....agianst the Bills :lol:
limpbizkit818

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 limpbizkit818
Member since 2004 • 15044 Posts
And what a fumble :lol: 56 points.
D3s7rUc71oN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 D3s7rUc71oN

Another TD, I think they should rest Brady now.

dkhw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 dkhw
[QUOTE="channtheman1"][QUOTE="D3s7rUc71oN"]

[QUOTE="channtheman1"]Belichick just had his kicker come over to him on the second 4th down and 1 the Pats face in the second half. His kicker asked him if he wanted to kick a field goal. Belichick responded by slapping his kicker and telling him to **** off. The Pats convert the fourth down.zarfbloot

It's not the scoring record, before every game the players on the Patriots downplay everything, and say they're only goal is to win the Superbowl. They're running up the score to show how good they are....agianst the Bills :lol:

Same team that Cowboys should have lost to....:(

-ZeRoHouR-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 -ZeRoHouR-
Member since 2003 • 8089 Posts

Another TD, I think they should rest Brady now.

D3s7rUc71oN

You know they won't do that.
channtheman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 channtheman1
I'm gonna admit it would be awesome to see 70 points. I mean what is there like 14 minutes left. This could very well happen. They only need 2 more touchdowns.
zarfbloot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 zarfbloot
Member since 2004 • 4557 Posts
[QUOTE="zarfbloot"][QUOTE="channtheman1"][QUOTE="D3s7rUc71oN"]

[QUOTE="channtheman1"]Belichick just had his kicker come over to him on the second 4th down and 1 the Pats face in the second half. His kicker asked him if he wanted to kick a field goal. Belichick responded by slapping his kicker and telling him to **** off. The Pats convert the fourth down.dkhw

channtheman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 channtheman1

edit: wait ellis hobbs picks off a pass and returns it for the touchdown... how classless is that lmfao.

PatsFanVince

I don't have a problem with that. That's just playing the game. I think it's lame how they go for it on 4th down, as I've already stated.

John just said he didn't think we would see anymore of Tom Brady. We'll see I guess.

dkhw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 dkhw
In the beginning, Pats beat them 38-7, and now it's 56-10. It's a testment to how the offense just gets better and better.
NetYankEagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 NetYankEagle
Member since 2007 • 11090 Posts
I dont like to wish injury to a player evr but just keeping an Important player in an already over game is just dumb and i hope a torn acl is in Bradys future in the next 12 min
dkhw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 dkhw
[QUOTE="dkhw"][QUOTE="zarfbloot"][QUOTE="channtheman1"][QUOTE="D3s7rUc71oN"]

[QUOTE="channtheman1"]Belichick just had his kicker come over to him on the second 4th down and 1 the Pats face in the second half. His kicker asked him if he wanted to kick a field goal. Belichick responded by slapping his kicker and telling him to **** off. The Pats convert the fourth down.zarfbloot

Yeah...just pointing out that there isn't a team that is near the Pats. 56-10. Read the scores and read the scores for the Cowboys game . Big difference.:lol:

PatsFanVince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#26 PatsFanVince
Member since 2006 • 290 Posts
I don't know if anyone goes on the ESPN board but we have people calling for injuries already I guess thats not classless.
AHUGECAT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 AHUGECAT
Member since 2006 • 8967 Posts

I look away from NFL.com for 5 minutes and look back and the Patriots scored again.

By the way, for people csaying that the Patriots are "classless" what do you expect Bill to do? You expect him to just get3 points only when he can get 7? Oh wait he doesn't want to hurt the Bills poor feewings!!!

Soulja_West

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Soulja_West
Member since 2003 • 15084 Posts
Its 56 to 10 now. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
KoFoNiO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#29 KoFoNiO
Member since 2006 • 938 Posts
I think if Spygate never happened Belichick wouldn't murder teams as badly as hes doing.
channtheman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 channtheman1

Idiot drops an interception that would have scored! I REALLY want to see 70 points.

dkhw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 dkhw

I look away from NFL.com for 5 minutes and look back and the Patriots scored again.

By the way, for people csaying that the Patriots are "classless" what do you expect Bill to do? You expect him to just get3 points only when he can get 7? Oh wait he doesn't want to hurt the Bills poor feewings!!!

AHUGECAT

LOL Exactly!

Just_Osmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Just_Osmo
Member since 2007 • 3838 Posts
What's a bigger insult kickign a fieldgoal of going for it? Atleast if you go for it your giving the opponents a chance to redeem themselves.
channtheman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 channtheman1
[QUOTE="AHUGECAT"]

dkhw

LOL Exactly!

I'm not sure what you're point is. I'm saying when the GAME IS ALREADY DECIDED, why go for it on 4th and 1? Is there a reason for it?

dkhw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 dkhw
[QUOTE="dkhw"][QUOTE="AHUGECAT"]

channtheman1

LOL Exactly!

I'm not sure what you're point is. I'm saying when the GAME IS ALREADY DECIDED, why go for it on 4th and 1? Is there a reason for it?

Because it's only 1 yard till the first down....

Soulja_West

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Soulja_West

channtheman1

LOL Exactly!

Because they can.

Soulja_West

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Soulja_West
[QUOTE="channtheman1"][QUOTE="dkhw"][QUOTE="AHUGECAT"]

dkhw

LOL Exactly!

Because it's only 1 yard till the first down....

LMAO. You're so right :lol:

AHUGECAT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 AHUGECAT

channtheman1

LOL Exactly!

Yes. To score more points. What do you expect the Patriots to do? Do you want Tom Brady to give the ball to the Bills and allow them to score every 10 seconds? Will you be satisfied then?

If you're 4 and 1, why not show the league who's the dominant team? Not to mention what if the Patriots need a tiebreaker if they lose a few games? Ever thought about that? No you're too blinded by your hatred of the Patriots.

"Classless" is stepping on someone after tackling them, or celebrating for 15 minutes after you scored a touchdown and telling the opponents they suck. Doing what you're supposed to do in a game (you know, score a touchdown) is not "classless."

channtheman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 channtheman1

AHUGECAT

LOL Exactly!

Yes. To score more points. What do you expect the Patriots to do? Do you want Tom Brady to give the ball to the Bills and allow them to score every 10 seconds? Will you be satisfied then?

If you're 4 and 1, why not show the league who's the dominant team? Not to mention what if the Patriots need a tiebreaker if they lose a few games? Ever thought about that? No you're too blinded by your hatred of the Patriots.

"Classless" is stepping on someone after tackling them, or celebrating for 15 minutes after you scored a touchdown and telling the opponents they suck. Doing what you're supposed to do in a game (you know, score a touchdown) is not "classless."

LOL, did you just say the Patriots might lose a few games as an excuse for them going for it on 4th down?

EDIT: And as I've already said, I don't care if they score points just by running their offense. That's is just playing the game. But going for it on 4th down and 1 when up 35-7 and later as well is like calling timeouts when you're winning 56-10 to score more points.

AHUGECAT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 AHUGECAT
[QUOTE="AHUGECAT"][QUOTE="channtheman1"][QUOTE="dkhw"][QUOTE="AHUGECAT"]

channtheman1

LOL Exactly!

LOL, did you just say the Patriots might lose a few games as an excuse for them going for it on 4th down?

What if Moss gets injured? See what I mean, Bill is thinking ahead.

Plus me and my friend are having a huge laugh watching the Bills get their ass spanked.

channtheman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 channtheman1
Facing another 4th and 1, Belichick orders Brady into the game. Brady completes a pass for a 30 yard touchdown.
AHUGECAT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 AHUGECAT

[EDIT: And as I've already said, I don't care if they score points just by running their offense. That's is just playing the game. But going for it on 4th down and 1 when up 35-7 and later as well is like calling timeouts when you're winning 56-10 to score more points. channtheman1

Well what's the point of the game? If I recall a football game requires you to score points. Now you may call that "classless" but I call it the rule of the game. If the Bills don't like it, too bad, they need to get better.

I think Bill is being too nice.

channtheman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 channtheman1
WTF is he punting for. That's only a 47 yard field goal. Doesn't he want to work on his field goal unit?
channtheman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 channtheman1

[QUOTE="channtheman1"][EDIT: And as I've already said, I don't care if they score points just by running their offense. That's is just playing the game. But going for it on 4th down and 1 when up 35-7 and later as well is like calling timeouts when you're winning 56-10 to score more points. AHUGECAT

Well what's the point of the game? If I recall a football game requires you to score points. Now you may call that "classless" but I call it the rule of the game. If the Bills don't like it, too bad, they need to get better.

I think Bill is being too nice.

To each his own.

channtheman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 channtheman1
Oh and I have never used the word "classless" once.
mastershake575

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 mastershake575
Member since 2007 • 8574 Posts
i lol'd when madden said " The patroits back-up quarterback looks like a starterr against this bill's defense"
manningbowl135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 manningbowl135

channtheman1

LOL Exactly!

That's the only part I don't get. No team in the NFL goes for it on 4th and 1 with a 10 point lead. I honestly don't understand the reasoning behind going for it on 4th and 1. A FG is the textbook thing to do. I understand trying to score whenever you have the ball b/c well a offense isn't going to just stand around. But on 4th and 1, you're up by 35, I honestly don't understand what they're trying to accomplish with a coversion. You're up by 35+, that 4 extra points will be really pivotal right?

I'm not calling them classless, I just don't understand the logic behind it.

tmatte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#47 tmatte
Member since 2005 • 1488 Posts
The look on that guys face when the Pats went for it on 4th and 1 was priceless!
manningbowl135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 manningbowl135

AHUGECAT

LOL Exactly!

If you're 4 and 1, why not show the league who's the dominant team?

So they didn't show the league who's the dominant team by scoring 35 points by halftime or scoring 50 by the 3rd quarter, but they'll prove it by gaining 1 yard on 4th down?

Soulja_West

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Soulja_West

i lol'd when madden said " The patroits back-up quarterback looks like a starterr against this bill's defense"mastershake575

Off topic but lol at your sig. HOw can I make me one like that?

N15PCA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 N15PCA
Member since 2006 • 261 Posts

If Patriots keep going for in out four down and their up by 5 or more scores in second half I think someone on the D side sooner or later is going to take cheap shot on Tom Brady and try to hurt Tom Brady. All because Belichick ego. I hope that doesn't happen but these guys are men and guys in pro sports don't like being showed up. This isn't NEB back in back 10 years ago. I like Tom Brady personally. I don't like Belichick at all. I starting not likening him after what he did to Bill Parcells and the hole New York Jets coaching thing that happen awhile back.