NFL or NCAA?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Logan1616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Logan1616
Member since 2008 • 3424 Posts

Which level of fotball do you enjoy more?

I love the NFL because of the superstars and playoffs, butthe fact that NCAA players are playing for heart, and not money, is just way better for me. The atmosphere in the NCAA is much more enjoyable in my opinion.

LTomlinson21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#2 LTomlinson21
Member since 2004 • 24423 Posts
I prefer college football. The atmosphere is better (at Ohio State games at least) and I enjoy the quality of teams Ohio State has every year. The NFL is definitely great, but I just enjoy college more, overall.
flowersjf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 flowersjf
Member since 2008 • 2856 Posts
I prefer college football. The atmosphere is better (at Ohio State games at least) and I enjoy the quality of teams Ohio State has every year. The NFL is definitely great, but I just enjoy college more, overall.LTomlinson21
Watch out for dem Gophers this season lol jk but yeah ive seen plenty of OSU games on tv and it does have a great atmosphere but for me I prefer the NFL.
SaintBlaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 SaintBlaze
Member since 2007 • 7736 Posts

I prefer the NFL. I'm not that big on college football but I'll watch some of the marquee matchups and bowl games.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

the fact that NCAA players are playing for heart, and not money

Logan1616

No, they're playing for money

That's their career path, people playing college football want to do well there so they can get scouted by an NFL team and continue their career.

That's like saying the you love Pre Calc guys because they're doing it for heart. No they know this is part of their career path and they have to study hard and get good grades so they can continue forward.

I prefer the NFL but I also love college, they're both very different animals though

Logan1616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Logan1616

[QUOTE="Logan1616"]the fact that NCAA players are playing for heart, and not money

Jaysonguy

That's their career path, people playing college football want to do well there so they can get scouted by an NFL team and continue their career.

That's like saying the you love Pre Calc guys because they're doing it for heart. No they know this is part of their career path and they have to study hard and get good grades so they can continue forward.

I prefer the NFL but I also love college, they're both very different animals though

For some it will be their career, others no. Also, they aren't getting paid to play. They don't get paid a salary. You're wrong.
monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#7 monkeytoes61
Member since 2005 • 8399 Posts
NFL by far because it is easier to follow. 32 teams vs 120. Plus, the level of play is clearly superior to that of college. And I am sure the atmosphere at Qwest blows away any college atmosphere.
Logan1616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Logan1616
NFL by far because it is easier to follow. 32 teams vs 120. Plus, the level of play is clearly superior to that of college. And I am sure the atmosphere at Qwest blows away any college atmosphere.monkeytoes61
The level of play is superior? I'm not sure if I would make the comparison. Also, the atmosphere of a college football game such as Florida, USC, Ohio State, or any other big-name school I believe is better.
csimonma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 csimonma
Member since 2005 • 2820 Posts

[QUOTE="monkeytoes61"]NFL by far because it is easier to follow. 32 teams vs 120. Plus, the level of play is clearly superior to that of college. And I am sure the atmosphere at Qwest blows away any college atmosphere.Logan1616
The level of play is superior? I'm not sure if I would make the comparison. Also, the atmosphere of a college football game such as Florida, USC, Ohio State, or any other big-name school I believe is better.

Why not? I would, NFL players are the best players from college so there level of play is superior. Also, the schemes and gameplans are much more sophisticated in the NFL.

CommanderShiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 CommanderShiro
Member since 2005 • 21746 Posts

I enjoy both, but like NCAA a bit more.

Logan1616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Logan1616

[QUOTE="Logan1616"][QUOTE="monkeytoes61"]NFL by far because it is easier to follow. 32 teams vs 120. Plus, the level of play is clearly superior to that of college. And I am sure the atmosphere at Qwest blows away any college atmosphere.csimonma

Why not? I would, NFL players are the best players from college so there level of play is superior. Also, the schemes and gameplans are much more sophisticated in the NFL.

Well of course they're surperior, I know that. However, that comparison seems unfair in my opinion, just because the pool of players is much small and at a higher level.
bf210

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 bf210
Member since 2007 • 424 Posts

I enjoy football and basketball both more at the college level just cause i find there's more passion for the game and a lot less showboating, in most cases at least.

bytgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 bytgames
Member since 2008 • 1030 Posts

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="Logan1616"]the fact that NCAA players are playing for heart, and not money

Logan1616

For some it will be their career, others no. Also, they aren't getting paid to play. They don't get paid a salary. You're wrong.

they get paid a college edjucation..wich is what about 50k a year?

Logan1616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Logan1616

I enjoy football and basketball both more at the college level just cause i find there's more passion for the game and a lot less showboating, in most cases at least.

bf210
exactly.
cream6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 cream6
Member since 2009 • 89 Posts

I prefer the NFL because of most teams offensive systems such as the west coast offense. There are not enough college teams that run pro style offenses, except USC, Stanford, LSU, Georgia and a few others. I really hate the spread offense it actually is a handicap to quarterbacks who may have a chance of playing in the pros. The spread offense especially the spread read option that Florida, and Michigan run is basically one read which is boring to me jus like the wishbone, veer, and triple option offenses of the past. The only pure offense which has stood the test of time is Bill Walsh's West Coast Offense. When Mike Holmgrem last coached he ran the exact same offense as 49ers of the 80's and 90's. When Andy Reid is not so pass happy his offense resembles Bill Walsh's West Coast Offense. The Pro Game and The Pro Offense is better in my opinion.

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#16 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

I prefer the NFL mainly because the pro game is better and the playoffs > BCS Bowl games. College Football is good, especially the rivalries, but I honestly do not like the BCS system.

scarecrowM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 scarecrowM
Member since 2010 • 1066 Posts

i like both quite equally , to be hoenst.

rockguy92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 rockguy92
Member since 2007 • 21559 Posts
NFL. Don't care for college. And top athletes usually get free school, so they pretty much are getting paid.
X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36320 Posts
NFL, they actually have a playoff and you can't slide into a National "Championship" game by beating up on cupcakes and getting voted in.
CleanPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#20 CleanPlayer
Member since 2008 • 9822 Posts
It's hard to make a joke about a joke. That's how feel about the NCAA. NFL is better because it's the best athletes in the sport competing. I also love the Super Bowl tradition. I like college football, but I'm disappointed about their BCS system, student-athletes/agents business, coaches leaving for other schools like Lane douche Kiffin, and how some conferences just have powerhouses that dominate the little guys. There really can't be a team in college football that goes 500, then wins it all now a days....its all about recruiting too. In the NFL, you got the draft which is just simply better. Everything about the NFL is better. Except for NCAA has college girls.
TacticalDesire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 TacticalDesire
Member since 2010 • 10713 Posts

[QUOTE="monkeytoes61"]NFL by far because it is easier to follow. 32 teams vs 120. Plus, the level of play is clearly superior to that of college. And I am sure the atmosphere at Qwest blows away any college atmosphere.Logan1616

Thats right the SWAMP baby!

geaux321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#22 geaux321
Member since 2003 • 19424 Posts
College by far. Nothing beats the atmosphere in Auburn on a gameday, and that includes the tailgating I've been to at Saints games. And to whoever said that the atmosphere at Qwest, doesn't surprise me because for the most par the atmosphere on the West Coast is lacking on the college level. Come to any game in the SEC and it will blow any atmosphere of an NFL game out of the water.
Orlando_Magic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Orlando_Magic
Member since 2002 • 37448 Posts

I prefer college football. Love the atmosphere of the games. But then again all I have to compare are Florida Gator home games vs. Jacksonville Jaguar home games...

Avatar image for deactivated-5b31d3729c1fa
deactivated-5b31d3729c1fa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#24 deactivated-5b31d3729c1fa
Member since 2007 • 11536 Posts

i like coolege football a little more .

but the super bowl playoffs blow away the ncaa bowl system

CADMAN_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#25 CADMAN_3
Member since 2003 • 1189 Posts

NCAA is the best. I've been around Ohio State when they where playing Cincy Bearcats and it was a mad house. Army, Navy games are always wild, doesn't matter if Army gets spanked year after year. Go to a small collage and see the passion for they're team. NFL fans aren't like that 24/7. I remember back in the day when the Bungles made it to the SB and there were fans all over the place. But the year before you couldn't pay someone to admit they liked the Bengals. Not like that with NCAA. The Buckeyes, Sooners, Tide, Gators, etc could go years without winning a game and people will still pack the house and still love their teams.

ZombiefiedZomB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ZombiefiedZomB
Member since 2010 • 1746 Posts
College football is a million times better than the NFL, I love how the college kids play with heart , passion and desire. I find that a lot of NFL players will just run out of bounds to avoid getting tackled but in college they fight for all of the extra yardage they can get.
Put_in_Kitna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Put_in_Kitna
Member since 2009 • 2765 Posts

And I am sure the atmosphere at Qwest blows away any college atmosphere.monkeytoes61

LOL

-Halftime-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 -Halftime-
Member since 2007 • 10004 Posts
The NFL. The BSC system ruins it NCAA football. I think I'd actually like college football if they had a playoff system, but as of right now I'm not interested.
kfjl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#29 kfjl
Member since 2004 • 2469 Posts
NFL is a higher level of football easily but it doesn't have the passion, soul, spirit, or drama on a weekly basis that CFB has. College means more to me and I'm generally more entertained by a big college game. Then again, I'm a Browns fan, so I actually need to watch other teams play from time to time to remind myself that the NFL is capable of putting on a decent game.
rockguy92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 rockguy92
Member since 2007 • 21559 Posts
The NFL. The BSC system ruins it NCAA football. I think I'd actually like college football if they had a playoff system, but as of right now I'm not interested.-Halftime-
My thoughts exactly.