Los Angeles Lakers win G@me 5. Earn trip to the NBA Finals.

• 115 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

blackngold29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#101 blackngold29
Member since 2004 • 14137 Posts

From the looks of this thread why don't we just let Kobe play the East champion?

andyboiii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#102 andyboiii
Member since 2006 • 13628 Posts

And here i was thinking you laker fans where long time laker fans..... only since 96??? :roll:

kozzy1234

wow you're a smart one :roll:

so when do you determine someone to be a long time fan of a team? especially when they were born in the late 80's like me

TM1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#103 TM1
Member since 2004 • 7249 Posts
[QUOTE="kozzy1234"]

And here i was thinking you laker fans where long time laker fans..... only since 96??? :roll:

andyboiii

so when do you determine someone to be a long time fan of a team? especially when they were born in the late 80's like me

My thoughts exactly, has this guy even taken into account the average age of a lot of people on this board. Smart guy, not.

Just_Osmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#104 Just_Osmo
Member since 2007 • 3838 Posts
[QUOTE="andyboiii"][QUOTE="kozzy1234"]

TM1

My thoughts exactly, has this guy even taken into account the average age of a lot of people on this board. Smart guy, not.

I guess I must not be a long time Sox fan because I wasnt a fan of them back in 1901 before their first championship was won in 1903. I'm such a bandwagoner.

blackngold29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 blackngold29
[QUOTE="TM1"][QUOTE="andyboiii"][QUOTE="kozzy1234"]

Just_Osmo

I guess I must not be a long time Sox fan because I wasnt a fan of them back in 1901 before their first championship was won in 1903. I'm such a bandwagoner.

lol, true Cubs fans are non-existant.
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#106 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts
[QUOTE="kozzy1234"]

andyboiii

It was somewhat of a joke, but what ever :lol:

I was a lakers fan from 1985-1990 (still got a Magic and Van Exel jersey hehe) and from 1990-to the present day ive been a die hard pacers fan.

Was just messing with ya :P

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#107 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

TM1

It was a joke, so your the "smart guy" buddy.

Did you not see the ":roll:" icon?:|

murlow12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#108 murlow12
Member since 2005 • 11109 Posts
[QUOTE="Master_Live"][QUOTE="blackngold29"][QUOTE="Correyov31"][QUOTE="Just_Osmo"][QUOTE="Andres001"]

Talking about Kobe? No one can match him in talent in the league right now he's the best and he has a reason why to be mad after all the phantom calls in this AND last game.

Then about PHIL JACKSON? WOW... Do not even begin to comapare that cocky crybaby coach over there in boston to phil jackson. It doesnt even makes sense.

Just_Osmo

huh? Who was comparing coaches? Did I ever say anything about him being a bad coach or say anythign to compare himt o Doc? He had an Old Fart moment he said in the quick interview that the refs gave someone a 2 shot foul and counted a the bucket. What the hell are you talking about dude? I thought it was funny, I never said anything aboout him being good or bad I just called him old.

..and yes I called Kobe a cry baby. That is why Kobe Bryant lead the league in Technical Fouls and Ejections from Games. He is widely known as someone who complains about everything. Do some research:

I hate when people use misleading statistics to make a point. So since Kobe leads the leads in technicals he is a cry baby. I could have sworn that technicals were handed out for unsportmanlike conduct and not just whining and complaining.

Then he's unsportsmanlike too? How's that an improvement?

HAHAHA, I thought the same thing.

LMAO Self owned. So not only does he cry alot he is unsportsman like? He shoulda just stuck with he crys alot lol.

Seriously though, if you watched the whole regular season, which most of the lakers fans posting here (MOST not all fo you) did not do since they jump jumped back on the wagon this post season ro after the gasol trade. You would know that 75% of his technicals and game ejections are from complaining and arguing calls/no calls with the refs. He is notorius for his complaining during games. Hence why he almost always leads the league in technical fouls:

2007-2008 1st Kobe 15 Technical Fouls 2 Ejections

2006-2007 4th Kobe 14 Technical Fouls 0 Ejections

2005-2006 2nd Kobe 15 Technical Fouls 0 Ejections

I wasn't going to jump in here, but your arrogance has forced me to. And before I begin, I want to thank you for the imaginary stat about 75% of his technicals and ejections being from arguing calls/non-calls. I love it when an ill-informed GSer just makes up numbers to suit his argument.

As for my take on why Kobe gets so many technicals (and yes, I'm a long-time Lakers fan), I think it is a necessity. I would appreciate if someone would post the numbers on this, but Kobe gets fouled more than most players. The style of his game dictates that he can't be effective if he isn't getting calls. A large part of his game is getting to the free throw line, where he is an excellent FT shooter. If he doesn't make it known to the refs what the other teams are doing to him, then it takes away a very important aspect of his game. More often than not, his arguing (which I admit is constant) goes without a technical call. In those cases, it is possible that a referee takes heed to what Kobe is telling him. In theory that helps him to get more calls in the future.

Whether or not Kobe actually gets more calls b/c of his complaining is immaterial. The fact is that he believes it, so he continues to do it. He sees himself as a leader out there (which he is), so it's his job to complain when he thinks his team is getting hosed. Admittedy, he takes this role more serious than most.

And please, Just_Osmo, read my entire post, then reread it before you come back with a response. Acknowledge that I am not praising Kobe's constant complaining, but instead I am offering a very likely explanation for it. I think Kobe complains too much, but if he thinks it helps him then by all means continue doing it.

murlow12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 murlow12
[QUOTE="kozzy1234"][QUOTE="Correyov31"][QUOTE="Just_Osmo"][QUOTE="Master_Live"][QUOTE="blackngold29"][QUOTE="Correyov31"][QUOTE="Just_Osmo"][QUOTE="Andres001"]

Talking about Kobe? No one can match him in talent in the league right now he's the best and he has a reason why to be mad after all the phantom calls in this AND last game.

Then about PHIL JACKSON? WOW... Do not even begin to comapare that cocky crybaby coach over there in boston to phil jackson. It doesnt even makes sense.

Correyov31

huh? Who was comparing coaches? Did I ever say anything about him being a bad coach or say anythign to compare himt o Doc? He had an Old Fart moment he said in the quick interview that the refs gave someone a 2 shot foul and counted a the bucket. What the hell are you talking about dude? I thought it was funny, I never said anything aboout him being good or bad I just called him old.

..and yes I called Kobe a cry baby. That is why Kobe Bryant lead the league in Technical Fouls and Ejections from Games. He is widely known as someone who complains about everything. Do some research:

I hate when people use misleading statistics to make a point. So since Kobe leads the leads in technicals he is a cry baby. I could have sworn that technicals were handed out for unsportmanlike conduct and not just whining and complaining.

LMAO Self owned. So not only does he cry alot he is unsportsman like? He shoulda just stuck with he crys alot lol.

Seriously though, if you watched the whole regular season, which most of the lakers fans posting here (MOST not all fo you) did not do since they jump jumped back on the wagon this post season ro after the gasol trade. You would know that 75% of his technicals and game ejections are from complaining and arguing calls/no calls with the refs. He is notorius for his complaining during games. Hence why he almost always leads the league in technical fouls:

LOL. Are you accusing me of being a fair weather fan? I've been a Lakers fan since 96 when Kobe first got there. And there is a problem with your new statistic. The NBA just started cracking down on complaining last season or this one. The 05-06 season he would have had to have called for a technical on something besides that.

I'm not afraid to admit I am a Kobe fan. He just happens to be a Laker so I support them. Had he been traded I would be a fan of a different team.

That's dispicable. You're the kind of Laker fan we don't need. Let me guess, you don't live within 500 miles of LA? And not only that, you've never been to a Lakers" game?
murlow12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 murlow12
[QUOTE="kozzy1234"]

andyboiii

Well if they just randomly pick a team and a player to root for then they can't be considered a "long-time" fan of the team. In reality, you're not even a Lakers' fan. You said it yourself, you'll drop the Lakers if Kobe evers goes to another team. That means you're just a Kobe fan.
goodlay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#111 goodlay
Member since 2005 • 5773 Posts
[QUOTE="Just_Osmo"][QUOTE="andyboiii"][QUOTE="Just_Osmo"]

[QUOTE="blackngold29"]Is that the Lakers owner giving the speech? What kind of idiot singles out one player after the whole team just won?DisPimpin

lol, an owner who knows if he didnt single out Kobe Kobe would be mad.

That was Jerry West the man who brought Kobe into this league, btw kobe doesn't give a dam if he was singled out or not, all he wants is that 4th ring and right now and he's one step closer to getting it ;)

lmao. Appartently you dont know your history. Kobe was drafted by the Hornets in 1996 and then traded to the Lakers for Vlade Divac because Kobe refused to play for any team but the Lakers.

Myth. Kobe was just happy to be going to the league. Jerry West made that happen. The Hornets were in desperate need of a big man, and Vlade was one of the best at the time. While in hindsight it was a bad move, you can't pass up a proven big man for the first guard to come straight out of high school. Take it from the guy that lives in Charlotte, Kobe would've played for anyone, Jerry West can see into the future.

Completely wrong. Kobe Bryant wasn't just happy to be in the league, he refused to play for Charlotte.

"Before he was chosen as the 13th overall draft pick by the Charlotte Hornets in 1996, the 17-year-old Bryant refused to play for anyone but the Los Angeles Lakers. According to Kobe's agent Art Tellum at the time, Kobe playing for the Charlotte Hornets was "an impossibility". Nevertheless, the Charlotte Hornets selected him, seeing that there was a chance to trade with the Lakers. On July 1, 1996, then L.A. general manager Jerry West traded his starting center, Vlade Divac, to the Hornets in exchange for Bryant's draft rights."
Correyov31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 Correyov31
Member since 2005 • 358 Posts
[QUOTE="Correyov31"][QUOTE="kozzy1234"][QUOTE="Correyov31"][QUOTE="Just_Osmo"][QUOTE="Master_Live"][QUOTE="blackngold29"][QUOTE="Correyov31"][QUOTE="Just_Osmo"][QUOTE="Andres001"]

murlow12

LOL. Are you accusing me of being a fair weather fan? I've been a Lakers fan since 96 when Kobe first got there. And there is a problem with your new statistic. The NBA just started cracking down on complaining last season or this one. The 05-06 season he would have had to have called for a technical on something besides that.

I'm not afraid to admit I am a Kobe fan. He just happens to be a Laker so I support them. Had he been traded I would be a fan of a different team.

That's dispicable. You're the kind of Laker fan we don't need. Let me guess, you don't live within 500 miles of LA? And not only that, you've never been to a Lakers" game?

Funny I don't remeber saying I was a Lakers fan. I am a fan of what ever team Kobe is on. I respect his craft and his work ethic inspires me. I don't have a favorite team b/c I never had a home town. What's so dispicable about that?

andyboiii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 andyboiii

murlow12

Well if they just randomly pick a team and a player to root for then they can't be considered a "long-time" fan of the team. In reality, you're not even a Lakers' fan. You said it yourself, you'll drop the Lakers if Kobe evers goes to another team. That means you're just a Kobe fan.

I said I would root for kobe to wherever he left because he's my favorite player in the NBA, but I would never ever choose to leave the lakers as my favorite team, I grew up watching the lakers when they used to be at the forum and I still go to some of their games today, Lakers will always be my favorite team no matter what happens to them

blackngold29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 blackngold29
[QUOTE="murlow12"][QUOTE="andyboiii"][QUOTE="kozzy1234"]

andyboiii

I said I would root for kobe to wherever he left because he's my favorite player in the NBA, but I would never ever choose to leave the lakers as my favorite team, I grew up watching the lakers when they used to be at the forum and I still go to some of their games today, Lakers will always be my favorite team no matter what happens to them

So if Kobe gets traded, who do you root for when he plays the Lakers?
Correyov31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 Correyov31
Member since 2005 • 358 Posts
[QUOTE="murlow12"][QUOTE="andyboiii"][QUOTE="kozzy1234"]

andyboiii

Well since you haven't been to a game or might not live in a certain radius of the city you must be "despicable".[/Sarcasm] I only have one favorite team and that would be the UNC Tarhills b/c I grew up watching them. I support Kobe over the Lakers b/c he is an individual and therefore remains constant for the most part. A team image can change as can their direction.

I root for individual players b/c they normally remain constant. Teams and franchises can change their values and direction. The only team I have ever supported without changing are the UNC Tarhills b/c I grew up watching them. For a person to say that if you have never been to a game or lived near the city you can't be a fan is ubsurd. I guess Kobe wasn't a true Lakers fan when he lived in Italy and Philadelphia?

andyboiii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 andyboiii
[QUOTE="andyboiii"][QUOTE="murlow12"][QUOTE="andyboiii"][QUOTE="kozzy1234"]

blackngold29

So if Kobe gets traded, who do you root for when he plays the Lakers?

the lakers of course

X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36320 Posts
I haven't been to a Laker game and i've been a Laker fan my entire life :P That's because we're poor.