Los Angeles Lakers win G@me 5. Earn trip to the NBA Finals.

• 115 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DisPimpin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 DisPimpin
Member since 2006 • 2513 Posts

[QUOTE="blackngold29"]Is that the Lakers owner giving the speech? What kind of idiot singles out one player after the whole team just won?Just_Osmo

lol, an owner who knows if he didnt single out Kobe Kobe would be mad.

That was the logo you noobs. Anyway, I'm am crying tears of joy now that my Lakers are back in the finals. Kobe was playing Jedi mind tricks with the trade demand, and I'd say the end justifies the means. :D
andyboiii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#52 andyboiii
Member since 2006 • 13628 Posts

[QUOTE="blackngold29"]Is that the Lakers owner giving the speech? What kind of idiot singles out one player after the whole team just won?Just_Osmo

That was Jerry West the man who brought Kobe into this league, btw kobe doesn't give a dam if he was singled out or not, all he wants is that 4th ring and right now and he's one step closer to getting it ;)

Just_Osmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Just_Osmo
Member since 2007 • 3838 Posts
[QUOTE="Just_Osmo"]

[QUOTE="blackngold29"]Is that the Lakers owner giving the speech? What kind of idiot singles out one player after the whole team just won?andyboiii

That was Jerry West the man who brought Kobe into this league, btw kobe doesn't give a dam if he was singled out or not, all he wants is that 4th ring and right now and he's one step closer to getting it ;)

lmao. Appartently you dont know your history. Kobe was drafted by the Hornets in 1996 and then traded to the Lakers for Vlade Divac because Kobe refused to play for any team but the Lakers.

JCblueside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 JCblueside
Member since 2005 • 14529 Posts
Its time for some Lakers team dinner again, their tradition this Playoffs. :)
DisPimpin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 DisPimpin
Member since 2006 • 2513 Posts
[QUOTE="andyboiii"][QUOTE="Just_Osmo"]

lmao. Appartently you dont know your history. Kobe was drafted by the Hornets in 1996 and then traded to the Lakers for Vlade Divac because Kobe refused to play for any team but the Lakers.

Myth. Kobe was just happy to be going to the league. Jerry West made that happen. The Hornets were in desperate need of a big man, and Vlade was one of the best at the time. While in hindsight it was a bad move, you can't pass up a proven big man for the first guard to come straight out of high school. Take it from the guy that lives in Charlotte, Kobe would've played for anyone, Jerry West can see into the future.
andyboiii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 andyboiii
[QUOTE="andyboiii"][QUOTE="Just_Osmo"]

ROFLCOPTER I already knew that, but Kobe calls Jerry West the man who brought him to this league. please try again buddy

Cube_of_MooN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#57 Cube_of_MooN
Member since 2005 • 9286 Posts
The Spurs looked terrible and the Lakers looked awesome from what I saw. Every Laker shot was dropping.
Andres001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Andres001
Member since 2005 • 601 Posts
Lakers vs Celtics would be great. The best teams in the league battling it out with a lot of interesting matchups.
murlow12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#59 murlow12
Member since 2005 • 11109 Posts

This is going to be such a historic finals, but the Celtics have no shot. I don't expect a sweep, but only b/c the first 2 will be in Boston. I expect the Celts to get 1 at home, then never make it back for game 6. Lakers dominate 4-1, and thus begins another 3-year dynasty, cementing Kobe's place in history as BEST EVER.

I realize it's going to cost around $300 a ticket for nosebleeds, but I will be at 1 of those games. I've made it to 2 playoff games so far this postseason (Nuggets game 1 and Spurs game 2), and I don't want to miss the Finals for anything!

And no, I don't think the Pistons have a chance to get there instead.

Just_Osmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Just_Osmo
[QUOTE="Just_Osmo"][QUOTE="andyboiii"][QUOTE="Just_Osmo"]

[QUOTE="blackngold29"]Is that the Lakers owner giving the speech? What kind of idiot singles out one player after the whole team just won?andyboiii

ROFLCOPTER I already knew that, but Kobe calls Jerry West the man who brought him to this league. please try again buddy

Try again? It's a fact Jerry didnt bring him into the league. Jerry just traded for him. Just because Kobe says jerry brought him intot he league doesnt make it true.

-Halftime-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 -Halftime-
Member since 2007 • 10004 Posts
Yeah, I really don't see the eastern team beating the Lakers, and I don't mean any disrespect by that.
Just_Osmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Just_Osmo

This is going to be such a historic finals, but the Celtics have no shot. I don't expect a sweep, but only b/c the first 2 will be in Boston. I expect the Celts to get 1 at home, then never make it back for game 6. Lakers dominate 4-1, and thus begins another 3-year dynasty, cementing Kobe's place in history as BEST EVER.

I realize it's going to cost around $300 a ticket for nosebleeds, but I will be at 1 of those games. I've made it to 2 playoff games so far this postseason (Nuggets game 1 and Spurs game 2), and I don't want to miss the Finals for anything!

murlow12

Yes it would be will be historic. It would be historic for many reasons. The main being another lakers celtics finals. Then it would be historic for Kobe to get another Ring, OR it would be a historic choke by the lakers who are obviously a better team.

andyboiii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 andyboiii
[QUOTE="Just_Osmo"][QUOTE="andyboiii"][QUOTE="Just_Osmo"]

[QUOTE="blackngold29"]Is that the Lakers owner giving the speech? What kind of idiot singles out one player after the whole team just won?DisPimpin

Myth. Kobe was just happy to be going to the league. Jerry West made that happen. The Hornets were in desperate need of a big man, and Vlade was one of the best at the time. While in hindsight it was a bad move, you can't pass up a proven big man for the first guard to come straight out of high school. Take it from the guy that lives in Charlotte, Kobe would've played for anyone, Jerry West can see into the future.

bingo

TM1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 TM1
Member since 2004 • 7249 Posts
[QUOTE="-Halftime-"]

We did it. We're goin back. YES:D

I'd just like to take the moment to give a big healthy LMFAO at all the Kobe haters on this board.

WESTERN CONFERENCE CHAMPS.

Just_Osmo

I dont think anyone here denys Kobe as the best player in the game right now. Most people here you call Kobe haters dont hate Kobe they just hate the Kobe Fanboys who werent here untill halfway through the season when Gasol was traded to the Lakers and everyone popped in as if they had been here all season.

Just like Celtic fans have been there for there team these past seasons right. Of course there are people of no matter what team that will only call themselves fans when there team wins, i was born and raised in Los Angeles and have been a Laker fan my whole life no matter what. Recently a lot of laker flags have been on peoples cars and i honestly don't really like those fans either, band wagon fans.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#65 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts
Loving how some Lakers fans came out of their caves when is all safe. Please be humble, remember the Pistons back in 03'.
andyboiii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 andyboiii

Loving how some Lakers fans came out of their caves when is all safe. Please be humble, remember the Pistons back in 03'.Master_Live

This Pistons team isn't the same one with Ben Wallace. That was an elite pistons team, in reality we all know this Pistons team this year doesn't have "it" like they once had

Correyov31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Correyov31
Member since 2005 • 358 Posts
[QUOTE="Andres001"]

Talking about Kobe? No one can match him in talent in the league right now he's the best and he has a reason why to be mad after all the phantom calls in this AND last game.

Then about PHIL JACKSON? WOW... Do not even begin to comapare that cocky crybaby coach over there in boston to phil jackson. It doesnt even makes sense.

Just_Osmo

huh? Who was comparing coaches? Did I ever say anything about him being a bad coach or say anythign to compare himt o Doc? He had an Old Fart moment he said in the quick interview that the refs gave someone a 2 shot foul and counted a the bucket. What the hell are you talking about dude? I thought it was funny, I never said anything aboout him being good or bad I just called him old.

..and yes I called Kobe a cry baby. That is why Kobe Bryant lead the league in Technical Fouls and Ejections from Games. He is widely known as someone who complains about everything. Do some research:

I hate when people use misleading statistics to make a point. So since Kobe leads the leads in technicals he is a cry baby. I could have sworn that technicals were handed out for unsportmanlike conduct and not just whining and complaining.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Master_Live

[QUOTE="Master_Live"]Loving how some Lakers fans came out of their caves when is all safe. Please be humble, remember the Pistons back in 03'.andyboiii

This Pistons team isn't the same one with Ben Wallace. That was an elite pistons team, in reality we all know this Pistons team this year doesn't have "it" like they once had

Maybe so, but Boston might.

blackngold29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#70 blackngold29
Member since 2004 • 14137 Posts

[QUOTE="Master_Live"]Loving how some Lakers fans came out of their caves when is all safe. Please be humble, remember the Pistons back in 03'.andyboiii

They must have something, if they made it this far.
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#71 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

I wouldnt say that just yet. As the Pistons surprised many teams in the past, and imo are better then the team with Wallace (they have alot better younger players such as Maxiell and especially Stuckey). Dont count out those tried and tested pistons just yet!
And if it is Lakers vs Pistons in the finals i expect a 7 game series.

I definatly think the Pistons would give a better shot at the lakers then The Celtics (although like most i would love to see a lakers celtics finals)

blackngold29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#72 blackngold29
Member since 2004 • 14137 Posts
[QUOTE="Just_Osmo"][QUOTE="Andres001"]

Talking about Kobe? No one can match him in talent in the league right now he's the best and he has a reason why to be mad after all the phantom calls in this AND last game.

Then about PHIL JACKSON? WOW... Do not even begin to comapare that cocky crybaby coach over there in boston to phil jackson. It doesnt even makes sense.

Correyov31

huh? Who was comparing coaches? Did I ever say anything about him being a bad coach or say anythign to compare himt o Doc? He had an Old Fart moment he said in the quick interview that the refs gave someone a 2 shot foul and counted a the bucket. What the hell are you talking about dude? I thought it was funny, I never said anything aboout him being good or bad I just called him old.

..and yes I called Kobe a cry baby. That is why Kobe Bryant lead the league in Technical Fouls and Ejections from Games. He is widely known as someone who complains about everything. Do some research:

I hate when people use misleading statistics to make a point. So since Kobe leads the leads in technicals he is a cry baby. I could have sworn that technicals were handed out for unsportmanlike conduct and not just whining and complaining.

Then he's unsportsmanlike too? How's that an improvement?
Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Master_Live
[QUOTE="Correyov31"][QUOTE="Just_Osmo"][QUOTE="Andres001"]

blackngold29

HAHAHA, I thought the same thing.

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 ASK_Story
Member since 2006 • 11455 Posts

I feel sorry for Duncan since he's one of my favorite players of all-time, him David Robinson and Sean Elliot are my favorite Spurs. And oh yeah, Avery Johnson as well. But then I remind myself that Duncan accomplished so much more than 99.9% of all the current NBA players combined, so I guess it's time to give someone else a chance to shine. I still can't believe him and Shaq won so many championships within the last ten years. That's pretty amazing when you think about it. We all hear about LeBron, CP3, D Wade, and Kobe, which they do deserve the spotlight, but seriously, Duncan doesn't get enough credit. Whenever we hear who's the best player in the NBA, Duncan should be top 2. It sucks he doesn't get the props he solely deserves.

With that said, Spurs have a lot to be proud of. They amazingly beat the younger Hornets team in the best of 7, coming back to win after being down 2-0. That's an amazing accomplishment. I guess they ran out of steam once they got to the Lakers, who were fresh and ready to go. Also, Ginobli played horribly. He's kind of like the West's Ray Allen with the whole slump and all. Allen played great last night by the way.

But it's good to see that the whole Lakers VS Celtics thing may happen all over again. Talk about the highest ratings for NBA Finals since Jordan retired. It will be an exciting match-up.

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 ASK_Story
Member since 2006 • 11455 Posts
[QUOTE="blackngold29"][QUOTE="Correyov31"][QUOTE="Just_Osmo"][QUOTE="Andres001"]

Master_Live

I had no idea Chris Paul had so many tech fouls. He always seemed like a really nice guy who wouldn't hurt a fly.
Correyov31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Correyov31
Didn't say it was an improvement. Just said it doesn't mean he was whining or complaining. He could have got a tech for taunting, a flagarant foul, or even a misunderstanding that looked like he was complaining to or undermining an official.
Avatar image for baseballboy6411
baseballboy6411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#77 baseballboy6411
Member since 2007 • 1103 Posts

YES!!!!! WESTERN CHAMPS!!!! Really happy for Lakers and #24

Stats:

Yorro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#78 Yorro
Member since 2007 • 715 Posts

I can't believe they boo'ed the Spurs after the game.

Jerry West was congratulating the Spurs, then the crowd responded by booing.

sixringz1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 sixringz1
Member since 2004 • 1116 Posts

murlow12

Gotta love that line. By the way can you tell me what the winning powerball numbers are going to be so i can start buying my ticket now.

murlow12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 murlow12
Member since 2005 • 11109 Posts
[QUOTE="andyboiii"]

[QUOTE="Master_Live"]Loving how some Lakers fans came out of their caves when is all safe. Please be humble, remember the Pistons back in 03'.blackngold29

Yeah, they have an extremely easy to conference to play in. This Pistons team would have been lucky to make the playoffs in the West.
TM1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 TM1

Yorro

Uhh what do you expect, were you expecting a cheer?

Just_Osmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Just_Osmo
[QUOTE="Yorro"]

TM1

Uhh what do you expect, were you expecting a cheer?

Yes, since they just lost and sent you to the finals. i'd certainly cheer that.

Just_Osmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Just_Osmo

YES!!!!! WESTERN CHAMPS!!!! Really happy for Lakers and #24

Stats:

baseballboy6411

Please delete this huge broken link. Its an eye sore.

Just_Osmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Just_Osmo
[QUOTE="blackngold29"][QUOTE="Correyov31"][QUOTE="Just_Osmo"][QUOTE="Andres001"]

Master_Live

LMAO Self owned. So not only does he cry alot he is unsportsman like? He shoulda just stuck with he crys alot lol.

Seriously though, if you watched the whole regular season, which most of the lakers fans posting here (MOST not all fo you) did not do since they jump jumped back on the wagon this post season ro after the gasol trade. You would know that 75% of his technicals and game ejections are from complaining and arguing calls/no calls with the refs. He is notorius for his complaining during games. Hence why he almost always leads the league in technical fouls:

2007-2008 1st Kobe 15 Technical Fouls 2 Ejections

2006-2007 4th Kobe 14 Technical Fouls 0 Ejections

2005-2006 2nd Kobe 15 Technical Fouls 0 Ejections

andyboiii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 andyboiii
[QUOTE="murlow12"]

sixringz1

Gotta love that line. By the way can you tell me what the winning powerball numbers are going to be so i can start buying my ticket now.

If the Lakers win it all this year and then get Bynum back next year just think about how much better they would be

Fisher, Kobe, Odom, Gasol, Bynum as the starting lineup. That's just scary right there

Avatar image for BeanTownBrown86
BeanTownBrown86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 BeanTownBrown86
Member since 2005 • 3654 Posts
ugh i hate LA, i hate the spurs and i hate detroit, theres no team other than the celtics i would want to win (obviously)
Just_Osmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Just_Osmo
[QUOTE="sixringz1"][QUOTE="murlow12"]

andyboiii

If the Lakers win it all this year and then get Bynum back next year just think about how much better they would be

Fisher, Kobe, Odom, Gasol, Bynum as the starting lineup. That's just scary right there

Fisher is getting old, they willneed to replace him in 2 years most liekly. He is 33 and will be 34 in augus. Thats the only real problem I see in the future frothe Lakers. If they can replace him int he starting line with someone of equal skill they will be winning alot.

JCblueside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 JCblueside
Member since 2005 • 14529 Posts

No one should underestimate the Celtics or even the Pistons for that matter! I cant believe most people here are doing so right now.

Avatar image for BeanTownBrown86
BeanTownBrown86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 BeanTownBrown86
Member since 2005 • 3654 Posts

i find all this kobe love from lakers fans a little amusing

Jinroh_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Jinroh_basic
Member since 2002 • 6413 Posts

once again, another supreme A game from Kobe. whoever that's winning the Eastern Con. Final would do well to keep in mind that they are gonna face one the world's most dangerous -- if not the most dangerous -- players.

my own prediction? by eliminating the Spurs LAL is already at the top of league. i'm sorry east coast, but that's just how it appears to me. ;)

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Master_Live
[QUOTE="blackngold29"][QUOTE="andyboiii"]

[QUOTE="Master_Live"]Loving how some Lakers fans came out of their caves when is all safe. Please be humble, remember the Pistons back in 03'.murlow12

Yeah, they have an extremely easy to conference to play in. This Pistons team would have been lucky to make the playoffs in the West.

You gotta love the arrogance, and they haven't even won the title yet.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Master_Live

No one should underestimate the Celtics or even the Pistons for that matter! I cant believe most people here are doing so right now.

JCblueside

Thank you for some sensible talk. *uses Mortal Kombat's guy voice* You choose wisely.

Correyov31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Correyov31
[QUOTE="Master_Live"][QUOTE="blackngold29"][QUOTE="Correyov31"][QUOTE="Just_Osmo"][QUOTE="Andres001"]

Just_Osmo

LMAO Self owned. So not only does he cry alot he is unsportsman like? He shoulda just stuck with he crys alot lol.

Seriously though, if you watched the whole regular season, which most of the lakers fans posting here (MOST not all fo you) did not do since they jump jumped back on the wagon this post season ro after the gasol trade. You would know that 75% of his technicals and game ejections are from complaining and arguing calls/no calls with the refs. He is notorius for his complaining during games. Hence why he almost always leads the league in technical fouls:

LOL. Are you accusing me of being a fair weather fan? I've been a Lakers fan since 96 when Kobe first got there. And there is a problem with your new statistic. The NBA just started cracking down on complaining last season or this one. The 05-06 season he would have had to have called for a technical on something besides that.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#94 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts
[QUOTE="Just_Osmo"][QUOTE="Master_Live"][QUOTE="blackngold29"][QUOTE="Correyov31"][QUOTE="Just_Osmo"][QUOTE="Andres001"]

Correyov31

LOL. Are you accusing me of being a fair weather fan? I've been a Lakers fan since 96 when Kobe first got there. And there is a problem with your new statistic. The NBA just started cracking down on complaining last season or this one. The 05-06 season he would have had to have called for a technical on something besides that.

And here i was thinking you laker fans where long time laker fans..... only since 96??? :roll:

Correyov31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Correyov31
[QUOTE="Correyov31"][QUOTE="Just_Osmo"][QUOTE="Master_Live"][QUOTE="blackngold29"][QUOTE="Correyov31"][QUOTE="Just_Osmo"][QUOTE="Andres001"]

kozzy1234

And here i was thinking you laker fans where long time laker fans..... only since 96??? :roll:

I'm not afraid to admit I am a Kobe fan. He just happens to be a Laker so I support them. Had he been traded I would be a fan of a different team.

Just_Osmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Just_Osmo
[QUOTE="Just_Osmo"][QUOTE="Master_Live"][QUOTE="blackngold29"][QUOTE="Correyov31"][QUOTE="Just_Osmo"][QUOTE="Andres001"]

Correyov31

Yes, because they never called a technical for a player complaining to the ref to much before this season. But besides that then fine your calling Kobe unsportsmanlike instead of just a cry baby? Pick your poison lol.

Correyov31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Correyov31

Just because he has the most techinicals doesn't mean he is unsportmanlike or a cry baby. It just means he gets alot of technicals. I've gotten technicals for retaliating against another player. Doesn't mean overall I'm unsportsmanlike. Some people can get heated.

N15PCA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 N15PCA
Member since 2006 • 261 Posts
I don't want to see a rematch of the 1989 NBA finals. I want to see a rematch of the 1987 NBA Finals.
balindos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 balindos
Member since 2003 • 2424 Posts
One down and one to go. I mean Lakers in the Finals, now the Celtics need to make it to complete my prediction I made since KG was added to Boston. I think Boston will win tonight just so the Finals can start up on Sunday in Boston. More viewers on Sunday than any other night. I know Celtics and Lakers fans will come down on me but Boston got completely hooked up this year and Gasol to the Lakers was the Icying on the cake. Watch how after game one they will tell how incredible the rating are with this match up even if people dont watch. I wont watch any of the games because I havent watched the finals since............Houston winning the title? ? ? Wow i didnt think it was that long ago but that is the last one I remember.
TM1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 TM1
Wow people make some big generalizations, 75% of this board becoming Laker fans because they started winning? Can i see evidence to back that number up. I have been a Laker fan my whole life, born and raised in LA. Like i said a few pages back no matter what team it is no matter what sport a lot of times fans will only support there team if they start winning, last i checked a busload of people came out of the woodworks once Boston started winning this season, yet there is no criticism for them. No matter what Laker and Kobe fans will always get hated on for whatever reason. I accept it but the hate is pretty staggering, if you ask people why they hate the Lakers they really have no excuse for it, typical one is "I hate Kobe", why, "because he's a rapist" or he's too good. Great reason to hate them. If your a long time Boston fan i can understand because of the rivalry, if your a Kings or Utah fan i understand but for random people to just hate is pretty dumb.