2008 Pro Bowl Selections

• 52 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Just_Osmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Just_Osmo
Member since 2007 • 3838 Posts

Anyone have any arguments over these?

Just_Osmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Just_Osmo

I'm SUPER excited for Vrabel. He deserves this. he usually gets ignored.

7 out of 26 starters are NE Patriots. Pretty good.

manningbowl135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 manningbowl135
Member since 2006 • 7457 Posts
Wow. Look at NFC defensive tackle. This is probably the best starting list for pro bowl I've seen in awhile. I do have some complaints about the bench, but that's not really important.
Just_Osmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Just_Osmo

Wow. Look at NFC defensive tackle. This is probably the best starting list for pro bowl I've seen in awhile. I do have some complaints about the bench, but that's not really important.manningbowl135

Everyone knows the pro bowls are lame abyways. It should be flag football the way they play. No one wants to be injured in a game that doesnt count.

manningbowl135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 manningbowl135

[QUOTE="manningbowl135"]Wow. Look at NFC defensive tackle. This is probably the best starting list for pro bowl I've seen in awhile. I do have some complaints about the bench, but that's not really important.Just_Osmo

Everyone knows the pro bowls are lame abyways. It should be flag football the way they play. No one wants to be injured in a game that doesnt count.

the game doesn't matter. It's the recognition and merit that matters.

CommanderShiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 CommanderShiro
Member since 2005 • 21746 Posts
No Jags, I'm pissed.
Blackwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Blackwolf007
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

No Jags, I'm pissed. CommanderShiro

me too im shocked, Fred Taylor did not make the team, as well as reshean mathis

Just_Osmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Just_Osmo

They didn't have an outstanding year I guess.

hockey73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 hockey73
Member since 2005 • 8281 Posts
eh, its all a populatiry contest for the most part. idk i really thought dummerville should have been voted in. and champ bailey does not deserve to go this year, he had a really off year.
Blackwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Blackwolf007

[QUOTE="CommanderShiro"]No Jags, I'm pissed. Just_Osmo

No offense dude but do u ever watch football?

Jags are 10-4 as it stands right now, and have one of the best 1-2 punch combo when it comes to the power running game. (Fred Taylor and Maurice Jones-Drew) Fred Taylor has passed 10,000 yards this season and is I think the 18th best running back of all time recently surpassing Eddie George. There Defense is playing well sacking Big BEn 5 times, while the offense held the ball for over 37 minutes this past sunday. As stated above its all a popularity contest, because Fred Taylor, who has rushed for 1,091 yards and has a 5.1-yard average per carry while splitting time with Maurice Jones-Drew, is the 18th leading rusher in NFL history, but has never been to the Pro Bowl.

The three backs chosen ahead of Fred Taylor were LaDainian Tomlinson of San Diego, Willie Parker of Pittsburgh and Joseph Addai of Indianapolis. Parker and Tomlinson have gained more yards than Taylor, but Parker is averaging 4.1 and Tomlinson, last season's league MVP, is averaging 4.7.

Addai, one of five Colts on the AFC squad, has 1,019 yards rushing, 72 yards fewer than Taylor and an average of 4.1 yards per carry, a full yard less than the 31-year-old Jacksonville star.

And Reshean Mathis right now is playing much better then Champ Bailey

Just_Osmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Just_Osmo
[QUOTE="Just_Osmo"]

[QUOTE="CommanderShiro"]No Jags, I'm pissed. Blackwolf007

Jags are 10-4 as it stands right now, and have one of the best 1-2 punch combo when it comes to the power running game. (Fred Taylor and Maurice Jones-Drew) Fred Taylor has passed 10,000 yards this season and is I think the 18th best running back of all time recently surpassing Eddie George. There Defense is playing well sacking Big BEn 5 times, while the offense held the ball for over 37 minutes this past sunday. As stated above its all a popularity contest, because Fred Taylor, who has rushed for 1,091 yards and has a 5.1-yard average per carry while splitting time with Maurice Jones-Drew, is the 18th leading rusher in NFL history, but has never been to the Pro Bowl.

The three backs chosen ahead of Fred Taylor were LaDainian Tomlinson of San Diego, Willie Parker of Pittsburgh and Joseph Addai of Indianapolis. Parker and Tomlinson have gained more yards than Taylor, but Parker is averaging 4.1 and Tomlinson, last season's league MVP, is averaging 4.7.

Addai, one of five Colts on the AFC squad, has 1,019 yards rushing, 72 yards fewer than Taylor and an average of 4.1 yards per carry, a full yard less than the 31-year-old Jacksonville star.

Nice post, did you copy and paste that from MSN or something?

Anyways...

Your Fred Taylor has 4 td's. Addai has 14. That more then makes up for the 72 yards and 1 yard per carry difference.

Stats are fun when you ignore the ones that dont help your argument.

feryl06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 feryl06
Member since 2006 • 4955 Posts
Sean Taylor should not have been on that roster. He's taking a spot that someone else deserves. What happened to him was tragic, but no one can deny what happened what self inflicted, he brought it on to himself. They could of honored his memory by wearing his number and having a highlight film of him on half time, but not by taking a spot on the roster. What's next, putting him on the hall of fame ballot?
Just_Osmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Just_Osmo

Sean Taylor should not have been on that roster. He's taking a spot that someone else deserves. What happened to him was tragic, but no one can deny what happened what self inflicted, he brought it on to himself. They could of honored his memory by wearing his number and having a highlight film of him on half time, but not by taking a spot on the roster. What's next, putting him on the hall of fame ballot?feryl06

WTF I didnt even notice he was on it. They can't be serious. He's even a starter! I mean jesus what are they gonna do roll out his casket to play safety?!

Idiots.

Blackwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Blackwolf007
[QUOTE="Blackwolf007"][QUOTE="Just_Osmo"]

[QUOTE="CommanderShiro"]No Jags, I'm pissed. Just_Osmo

Anyways...

Your Fred Taylor has 4 td's. Addai has 14. That more then makes up for the 72 yards and 1 yard per carry difference.

Again dude what are you smoking?

Addai only has 11 TD's.

And as i said hes splits his time with Maurice Jones Drew who has 8 Td's if he didnt have MJD hed have 12 TD's, more then Addai

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts
[QUOTE="Just_Osmo"]

Hahaha. :lol: Awesome.

But, I guess I'm okay with the selections. 4 Bears is about what I expected. I would've liked to see some Jags on there, considering they're probably the 3rd best team in the AFC(maybe even the 3rd-best team in the NFL)...Garrard shoulda been on there instead of Big Ben, and Fred Taylor probably should've made it.

Just_Osmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Just_Osmo
[QUOTE="Just_Osmo"][QUOTE="Blackwolf007"][QUOTE="Just_Osmo"]

Anyways...

Again dude what are you smoking?

Addai only has 11 TD's.

And as i said hes splits his time with Maurice Jones Drew who has 8 Td's if he didnt have MJD hed have 12 TD's, more then Addai

Ok so it's 11 sorry. Fact remains that he has 4 and Addai has 11. Doesn't matter that he has to share his td's. They look at personal acomplishments and Addai wins over Taylor.

This isnt the What If game. The fact is he has 4. Addai wins.

Going by your thought process Randy Moss has 45 TD's since he had to share with Welker Stallworth etc etc

Sinister904

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Sinister904
Member since 2003 • 263 Posts

Freddy T. should have atleast made da team!!

Avatar image for BeanTownBrown86
BeanTownBrown86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 BeanTownBrown86
Member since 2005 • 3654 Posts
no mario williams...wtf?
Just_Osmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Just_Osmo

[QUOTE="CommanderShiro"]No Jags, I'm pissed. Sinister904

Freddy T. should have atleast made da team!!

He has 7 less TD's then Addai so no he shouldnt have been in it.

manningbowl135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 manningbowl135

Sean Taylor should not have been on that roster. He's taking a spot that someone else deserves. What happened to him was tragic, but no one can deny what happened what self inflicted, he brought it on to himself. They could of honored his memory by wearing his number and having a highlight film of him on half time, but not by taking a spot on the roster. What's next, putting him on the hall of fame ballot?feryl06

He was shot by people he never knew in his life. People who went in there simply b/c it was a rich house. How is that bringing it on himself?

Avatar image for BeanTownBrown86
BeanTownBrown86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 BeanTownBrown86
Member since 2005 • 3654 Posts
i can deny that what happened to him was self inflicted
Just_Osmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Just_Osmo

[QUOTE="feryl06"]Sean Taylor should not have been on that roster. He's taking a spot that someone else deserves. What happened to him was tragic, but no one can deny what happened what self inflicted, he brought it on to himself. They could of honored his memory by wearing his number and having a highlight film of him on half time, but not by taking a spot on the roster. What's next, putting him on the hall of fame ballot?manningbowl135

He was shot by people he never knew in his life. People who went in there simply b/c it was a rich house. How is that bringing it on himself?

How do you know he didnt know them? He has a past with the ghetto as does his sister who still was involved in that life style. If there was a way to determine a winner i'd bet everything I own that he knew who shot him.

mrgab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 1

#23 mrgab
Member since 2005 • 23329 Posts
Probaly a third of those on the roster will back out. Honestly, does anyone even watch the pro bowl anymore?
Eman5805

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Eman5805
Member since 2004 • 4494 Posts

Not a single person from the NFC South. Marques Colston has better stats than Donald Driver, but even he gets the snub.

manningbowl135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 manningbowl135
[QUOTE="manningbowl135"]

[QUOTE="feryl06"]Sean Taylor should not have been on that roster. He's taking a spot that someone else deserves. What happened to him was tragic, but no one can deny what happened what self inflicted, he brought it on to himself. They could of honored his memory by wearing his number and having a highlight film of him on half time, but not by taking a spot on the roster. What's next, putting him on the hall of fame ballot?Just_Osmo

How do you know he didnt know them? He has a past with the ghetto as does his sister who still was involved in that life style. If there was a way to determine a winner i'd bet everything I own that he knew who shot him.

I think the teenager who shot him admitted that he never knew Sean Taylor. I may be wrong though.

Either way, you don't know if he knew the killer or not either, so why post something that you don't know? Second even if he did know him, why does that matter? At the end, he was a guy turning his life around after mistakes and was killed by bad guys. The end. Doesn't matter whether those bad guys were out looking for revenge or money, he's dead.

feryl06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 feryl06
read about the story first before you post. Taylor was told to leave the area months before, there was a break in to his house before, a knife was left on his bed before---WTF do you think you would do if all this stuff is happening? do you know anything about him before?

[QUOTE="feryl06"]Sean Taylor should not have been on that roster. He's taking a spot that someone else deserves. What happened to him was tragic, but no one can deny what happened what self inflicted, he brought it on to himself. They could of honored his memory by wearing his number and having a highlight film of him on half time, but not by taking a spot on the roster. What's next, putting him on the hall of fame ballot?manningbowl135

Just_Osmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Just_Osmo
read about the story first before you post. Taylor was told to leave the area months before, there was a break in to his house before, a knife was left on his bed before---WTF do you think you would do if all this stuff is happening? do you know anything about him before?[QUOTE="manningbowl135"]

[QUOTE="feryl06"]Sean Taylor should not have been on that roster. He's taking a spot that someone else deserves. What happened to him was tragic, but no one can deny what happened what self inflicted, he brought it on to himself. They could of honored his memory by wearing his number and having a highlight film of him on half time, but not by taking a spot on the roster. What's next, putting him on the hall of fame ballot?feryl06

Some people aren't very smart. he should have left Florida alogn time ago, i mean if your rich buy a house in the boondocks.

manningbowl135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 manningbowl135
read about the story first before you post. Taylor was told to leave the area months before, there was a break in to his house before, a knife was left on his bed before---WTF do you think you would do if all this stuff is happening? do you know anything about him before?[QUOTE="manningbowl135"]

[QUOTE="feryl06"]Sean Taylor should not have been on that roster. He's taking a spot that someone else deserves. What happened to him was tragic, but no one can deny what happened what self inflicted, he brought it on to himself. They could of honored his memory by wearing his number and having a highlight film of him on half time, but not by taking a spot on the roster. What's next, putting him on the hall of fame ballot?feryl06

And what exactly does that say? Because he didn't leave, he brought it on himself? And let's say it did, why exactly does that matter? It's not as if he brought it on himself by doing bad deeds (maybe his past bad deeds caught up to him, maybe not, we don't know). Why exactly does his not leaving his house leading to his death matter?

vivelaps3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 vivelaps3
Member since 2007 • 1060 Posts
Wtf Champ Bailey he did not play well this year and what aboutFred Taylor or David Garrar ???/
MattyJ78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 MattyJ78
Member since 2007 • 371 Posts

Anyone who is saying Fred 'over the hill, needs to be cut because Jones-Drew is 10 times better' Taylor should have made the Pro Bowl needs to put down the crack pipe and possible enroll in sort of substance abuse program.

Congrats to Jeff Saturday, Reggie Wayne, Bob Sanders, Jo Addai, and the rest of the Colts on the team.

manningbowl135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 manningbowl135

Anyone who is saying Fred 'over the hill, needs to be cut because Jones-Drew is 10 times better' Taylor should have made the Pro Bowl needs to put down the crack pipe and possible enroll in sort of substance abuse program.

Congrats to Jeff Saturday, Reggie Wayne, Bob Sanders, Jo Addai, and the rest of the Colts on the team.

MattyJ78

Looking at numbers before sounding dumb is nice.

MattyJ78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 MattyJ78
Member since 2007 • 371 Posts
[QUOTE="MattyJ78"]

manningbowl135

4 Touchdowns and you want him to be given the honor of being named to the Pro Bowl? Who is stupid?

Edited to add: Although Taylor has put up some good numbers this season (yes some are better than Addai), he isn't really a back that strikes fear into defenses across the league. Same with Garrard. Like it has been said, this is a popularity contest and these guys aren't 'flashy'.

Also, being a Colts fan, I get to see the Jags play a good amount, and they never strike too much fear into my heart, although I think someone on their defense should have been on the team since they have been outstanding.

Masterhalo16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Masterhalo16
Member since 2007 • 134 Posts

Mario Willams and Marquise Colston a big snubs.

feryl06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 feryl06
Hey, would you stay at yuor house if all these threats were given to you? Would you keep your fiance and baby there as well knowing that you were asked to leave, burglarized, made death threats too? A home with no security system? You're fooling yourself if you say you would stay at that house. Yes, his past caught up to him---who are we going to blame for his past? No one but himself. He may have tried to change his life, but it doesn't mean others around him have forgotten and changed.Leaving his house would matter---FACT. If you dont' see that you're a bigger homer than you think.
[QUOTE="feryl06"]read about the story first before you post. Taylor was told to leave the area months before, there was a break in to his house before, a knife was left on his bed before---WTF do you think you would do if all this stuff is happening? do you know anything about him before?[QUOTE="manningbowl135"]

And what exactly does that say? Because he didn't leave, he brought it on himself? And let's say it did, why exactly does that matter? It's not as if he brought it on himself by doing bad deeds (maybe his past bad deeds caught up to him, maybe not, we don't know). Why exactly does his not leaving his house leading to his death matter?

manningbowl135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 manningbowl135
[QUOTE="manningbowl135"][QUOTE="MattyJ78"]

MattyJ78

4 Touchdowns and you want him to be given the honor of being named to the Pro Bowl? Who is stupid?

Edited to add: Although Taylor has put up some good numbers this season (yes some are better than Addai), he isn't really a back that strikes fear into defenses across the league. Same with Garrard. Like it has been said, this is a popularity contest and these guys aren't 'flashy'.

Also, being a Colts fan, I get to see the Jags play a good amount, and they never strike too much fear into my heart, although I think someone on their defense should have been on the team since they have been outstanding.

I'm talking about the "over the hill, needs to be cut" part. That was dumb.

manningbowl135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 manningbowl135
Hey, would you stay at yuor house if all these threats were given to you? Would you keep your fiance and baby there as well knowing that you were asked to leave, burglarized, made death threats too? A home with no security system? You're fooling yourself if you say you would stay at that house. Yes, his past caught up to him---who are we going to blame for his past? No one but himself. He may have tried to change his life, but it doesn't mean others around him have forgotten and changed.Leaving his house would matter---FACT. If you dont' see that you're a bigger homer than you think.[QUOTE="manningbowl135"][QUOTE="feryl06"]read about the story first before you post. Taylor was told to leave the area months before, there was a break in to his house before, a knife was left on his bed before---WTF do you think you would do if all this stuff is happening? do you know anything about him before?[QUOTE="manningbowl135"]

I'm asking why this should matter in the pro bowl voting.

GamerForca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 78

#37 GamerForca
Member since 2005 • 7203 Posts
Fred Taylor got screwed again....
Masterhalo16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Masterhalo16
Member since 2007 • 134 Posts
Fred Taylor got screwed again....GamerForca
Yeah but playing for a small city team like Jacksonville he didn't get much notice.
Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#39 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21701 Posts

That's my boy, Andy Lee!

Too bad "Bam Bam" is on the reserve. :evil:

GamerForca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 78

#40 GamerForca
Member since 2005 • 7203 Posts

[QUOTE="GamerForca"]Fred Taylor got screwed again....Masterhalo16
Yeah but playing for a small city team like Jacksonville he didn't get much notice.

Jacksonville isn't exactly small, and it's loads bigger than Green Bay or Foxborough.

manningbowl135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 manningbowl135

[QUOTE="Masterhalo16"][QUOTE="GamerForca"]Fred Taylor got screwed again....GamerForca

Jacksonville isn't exactly small, and it's loads bigger than Green Bay or Foxborough.

It's a small market.

antonius05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#42 antonius05
Member since 2005 • 849 Posts
Fred Taylor is a good back that deserved to go to the Pro Bowl..
HurricaneHugo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 HurricaneHugo
Member since 2002 • 40807 Posts
And now with Willie Parker hurt, he might get a a chance.
GnR-SLaSh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 GnR-SLaSh
Member since 2006 • 3021 Posts

Westbrook should be number 1!!

=D

And WHERE THE HELL IS DAWKINS!??!?

GnR-SLaSh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 GnR-SLaSh
Member since 2006 • 3021 Posts
and Cole, I saw this on nfl.com ages ago, and I was disappointed..!!!?!?
Just_Osmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Just_Osmo

Westbrook should be number 1!!

=D

And WHERE THE HELL IS DAWKINS!??!?

GnR-SLaSh

He should be number one just because he is probably the first football player in the history of fottball to down the ball at the 1 on a break away run instead of getting a TD. Now thats a team player.

F1Lengend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 F1Lengend
Member since 2005 • 7909 Posts
Pro Bowl? more like Dallas vs New England Lool. Ahh...anyway, Good stuff Dallas
HurricaneHugo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 HurricaneHugo
Member since 2002 • 40807 Posts

Pro Bowl? more like Dallas vs New England Lool. F1Lengend

And San Diego (8 pro bowlers, same as the Patriots).

Just_Osmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Just_Osmo

[QUOTE="F1Lengend"]Pro Bowl? more like Dallas vs New England Lool. HurricaneHugo

And San Diego (8 pro bowlers, same as the Patriots).

Yah but Pats have 7 STARTERS.

Chargers have 4.

B05T0N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 B05T0N
Member since 2007 • 7051 Posts
Trent Cole got screwed.