sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 sonicphc
Member since 2005 • 7779 Posts
He hasn't done a proper one in a while. Here's his review of Sonic Generations. I don't think he, as with most reviewers, get the "point" of the modern stages, but I can't really blame them. It takes a couple runs and some practice of each level to get that delightful adrenaline rush, time most reviewers don't have. I feel like comparing 2D Sonic to 3D Sonic is like comparing tennis to racquetball - both are fundamentally racquet sports, but one takes a hell of a lot of practice just to keep the ball in the court. Then you start getting to do all the fun, tricky stuff. With the other you can just hit it really hard and it'll likely be "in," so anyone can play but there's a wide range between the good and new players. *shrug*
kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 138

#2 kbaily
Member since 2007 • 13042 Posts

At least he didn't just slam on it for existing like he did Super Mario 3D Land. That reviewed mostly annoyed me because he mostly just hates Mario for being popular while ejaculating all over Rayman Origins because while it's a great game too it's the "cool" game that didn't sell as well going back to that TV Tropes of his elitist mindset of "It's popular so it sucks."

But I digress, most of his valid criticisms were spot on. At times the jumping doesn't work when it should and it is annoying to see a red ring pass after I missed the proper path and had to go back and I will say modern Sonic spoiled me and I did find myself wanting to homing attack with cla$$ic Sonic. DAMN YOU SONIC 4!!!

lol at the joke about Rouge's "temptress" mission. Yeah anyone find it weird that Eggman programmed his Egg pawns to feel lust?

He also compares Sonic Colors to Resident Evil 4....I can live with that.

MobilechicaneX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 MobilechicaneX
Member since 2009 • 2863 Posts
It was decent until he started mindlessly moaning about Sonic '06. It's not like we don't know it's a piece of crap.
barren167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 barren167
Member since 2011 • 2606 Posts
I still think of dice games when I hear "Yahtzee". The reviewer has yet to prove to me that he's more worthy of the name than a game no one I know cares to play.
macrules_640

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#5 macrules_640
Member since 2004 • 90033 Posts
I don't even know why I watched it. :P
ktulu007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 ktulu007
Member since 2004 • 41725 Posts

I always watch his reviews because they're entertaining even if I disagree with him (Brawl, The World ends with you.)

And he didn't hate Super Mario 3d Land just for existing. He made it pretty clear that his complaint is that it adds absolutely nothing new to the series but just recycles the same formula, which I can understand even though I like most Mario platformers.  

zmanrwks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#7 zmanrwks
Member since 2010 • 12562 Posts

I always watch his reviews because they're entertaining even if I disagree with him

ktulu007

This.

I really liked this review. And the Res Evil comparison was lulz.

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 172

#8 TAMKFan
Member since 2004 • 33350 Posts
I never really liked Yahtzee. I prefer reviewers such as Classic Game Room or Kwing.
kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 138

#9 kbaily
Member since 2007 • 13042 Posts

It was decent until he started mindlessly moaning about Sonic '06. It's not like we don't know it's a piece of crap. MobilechicaneX

But there are still sad, pathetic souls who are so delusional in thinking that Sonic 06 has any redeeming value outside the soundtrack and he says it best: "I know it's your opinion but your opinion is WRONG!!" He also hates Charmy the Bee though Brainscratch had the best dig "Go away Charmy! Go back to Knuckles Chaotix where you can at least be broken and fun to play!!"

But let's not fear and rejoice by painting our housepets blue and mutilating baby foxes.

Menalque2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Menalque2
Member since 2007 • 2630 Posts
Not as harsh as his Sonic Unleashed review. Hard though that is to believe. He really really detested that game. So much so he actually suggested taking Sonic into the shed and putting him out of his misery. :o
ktulu007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 ktulu007
Member since 2004 • 41725 Posts
Not as harsh as his Sonic Unleashed review. Hard though that is to believe. He really really detested that game. So much so he actually suggested taking Sonic into the shed and putting him out of his misery. :oMenalque2
To be fair, that's a pretty natural response to Sonic Unleashed.
barren167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 barren167
Member since 2011 • 2606 Posts
[QUOTE="Menalque2"]Not as harsh as his Sonic Unleashed review. Hard though that is to believe. He really really detested that game. So much so he actually suggested taking Sonic into the shed and putting him out of his misery. :oktulu007
To be fair, that's a pretty natural response to Sonic Unleashed.

To some people it can be, certainly. It's not everyone's reaction, obviousy, but there are select few who think so, and do a very good job of making themselves heard over the idea.