Sonic the Hedgehog Japanese site translation (spoilers possible eventually)

• 87 results
Thrippa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Thrippa
Member since 2005 • 1799 Posts
The site : http://sonic.sega.jp/sonic/ If you've seen my Sonic Riders translation thread on the main forum, this is the same deal. I put up my best translation of the Japanese site and update as the site changes. I am nowhere near being expert in the language, and some of the kanji (Chinese-type) characters end up illegible on the screen anyway , but I try to get as good a translation as I can. I tend to leave the English a bit unpolished, both to convey the Japanese flavor and to avoid inadvertantly altering meanings. If you have advice or corrections, let me know (politely please!) and I'll adjust the translation. Sonic the Hedgehog Release date: 2006 estimated release Platforms: Playstation 3, Xbox 360 Introduction Movie -------------------------------------------------- Movie: the E3 clip which has a nasty tendency to skip or freeze the pictures. -------------------------------------------------- Introduction: Since the Sega Megadrive debut in 1991 this cool action platformer continues with a revolutionary gift total series sales record 40,000,000 units he became known throughout the world as the most famous video game character this hedgehog of supersonic speed, reaching his 15 anniversary is born anew and transformed ----------------------------------------------------------------- The concept of the Sonic series is "speed" offering action and a shivering sense of speed that does not let up until the eyes also come to a halt. Compared to the prior Sonic, it differs in the actual personal experience of the adventure by making full application of the varied technology of the next-generation systems. In addition, it is able to portray the world and the real bodily sensation of Sonic's speed as realistically as possible. ----------------------------------------------- Furthermore Sonic's features now have a size and scale just like a Hollywood movie. Thus, with the next generation consoles it has become possible to show the full impact of battle scenes. The sucession of events makes the player grow tired in the end. Will Sonic really be able to defeat the enormous enemy that moves so uncannily...? ----------------------------------------------- This time, Silver makes his premier appearance. From the future, with the mysterious ability to use ESP (psychic force). He has the power to control the motion of various objects. Pshychokinesis and levitation, the ability to bend things... You can experience new play, various actions totally different from Sonic. ------------------------------------------------ Will post the fourth page when I get it done. I have no idea what the "eyes coming to a halt" bit means; I think I'm failing to understand an idiom there. I think that first sentence does describe what Sonic Team had in mind when they spoke of taking Sonic "back to his roots". But I was amused to see that the actual kanji I translated as "mysterious" in Silver's segment was "nazo" : riddle, puzzle, enigma. Given the number of people I've seen claiming that Silver is "really" Nazo, I thought it was funny to see the term actually in his description - but it's referring to his powers, folks, NOT the character himself!
Thrippa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Thrippa
Fourth page of pics in the intro: The familiar Dr Eggman from the Sonic series returns, his traditional character appearance replaced by a new design. Freely using the latest technology, a realistic worldview is reproduced and fused with the Sonic series that users have loved for 15 years, the prior Sonic delivering a new Sonic the Hedgehog . Surely it is not different, but the first step to the next generation of the Sonic series.
sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3 sonicphc
Member since 2005 • 7779 Posts
HOORAY FOR TRANSLATIONS!
Thrippa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Thrippa
Thanks - will update as the site does.
Beardie99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 Beardie99
Member since 2005 • 5834 Posts
These translations are cool!
Thrippa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Thrippa
I aim to please. :) The problem at the moment is, I expect they won't be updating frequently - the Riders site was updating weekly starting the last month or so prior to release, but I'm not sure how often before then. Waiting to see if they do monthly or just wait til June 23rd add to it. I do have the original translation saved in case the thread gets lost before then.
Robotnik07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Robotnik07
Member since 2006 • 850 Posts
 Nice translations!
Thrippa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Thrippa
Mainly a bump, but they've added an illegible News inset that announces Sonic the Hedgehog won a GameSpot People's Choice award at E3 and also a site renewal - that I can't seem to find; except for the announcement it looks the same as before. But 3 Japanese magazines are previewing or writing about the game this month. (The content is actually from Sonic Channel's news site; if anyone knows how I can get legible characters in the News insert, please pass the info on. I have the Japanese fonts downloaded and regular sized text comes out proper kanji/kana. The tiny fonts come out as "E–{“ú”­”„‚ÌŽGŽ‚Ɂwƒ\ƒjƒbƒNEƒUEƒwƒbƒWƒzƒbƒOxÅVî•ñŒfÚI" unless there are Roman letters in there, which come out as ÅVî•ñŒf"People's Choice"ƒNEƒ)
Robotnik07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Robotnik07
Member since 2006 • 850 Posts
Bump
Thrippa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Thrippa
Hopefully will have more to translate tomorrow; in the meantime, here's an interview and a few bits from a Japanese article (originally posted on StH PS3 board under "those who think eggman is skinny"; not sure where the article itself is from): Familiar characters contend against various risks! The world becomes a stage of adventure, drawn on an impressive scale and at the same time with great detail, using the great abilities of the next generation machines. Story: At the height of a festival Princess Elise of the kingdom of Soleana is abducted by Dr. Eggman, seeking the secret of the "Flames of Disaster". Sonic tries to halt Eggman's plan, but Silver blocks his path, calling him "Iblis Trigger". Silver's intentions? And the secret of the "Flames of Disaster"? Sonic's new adventure starts now! In-development Director Interview: R and D dept. Planning section Nakamura Revolutionary starting concept ----: Any comments on how you decided to handle this latest Sonic project? Nakamura: Because Sonic is the character mascot for the company, you are not allowed to fail, and you expect many users. With such significance it feels very risky, on the other hand, the result feels worth it. ----: The title is "Sonic the Hedgehog", was a certain concept needed as the revolution starting point? [not to be confused with the Wii, this refers to the new style] Nakamura: That's so. This time "Sonic", carrying an exhilarating sense of glamour, is said to be once again looking back. ----: It is sold for Playstation 3 and Xbox 360, but does the content change between these two models? Nakamura: The firm intention is they should be almost the same. Only after reaching the second half of the game will you begin to see small discrepancies, consider those of idea level. ----: How hard is the the new development? Nakamura: It is very difficult, yes. Hearing about the power of the next generation "Let's do everything possible" comes up, but after all there are limits. Within them, constructing a world while retaining efficiency is extremely difficult, isn't it. ----: Do you feel the difference in level from current machines? Nakamura: The way we think about creating games must change, along with accepted impressions. Designers and programmers, previous thoughts on how to do things are left behind and finished. The development staff and the assignment grow together, or you have the feeling it lags when it is finished. The People Sonic Meets ----: However, concerning the contents of the game - the story and such - this serious mood works well, but... Nakamura: In this work, a key point is Sonic appearing and being involved in a human place, isn't it? If Sonic happened to encounter a human girl, what kind of things would happen? With this stated approach, we would like to give the impression of the traditional series. Up until now it has been somwhat leaning towards children, but adults and everyone will be able to enjoy what this work will do with this notion; Eggman's design and such, different from the traditional cartoon forms, have become more real. ----: Also a new character called "Silver is introduced, right? Nakamura: "What of the next generation machines?" they ask, creating a third person in the easiest role of the game to display new physical movement. Creating a character making use of that new gimmick, now called Silver, introduces a new character able to manipulate psychic ability. ----: So far in this series, various characters have come forth, as for these former comrades, will they appear? Nakamura: Yes. This time, there is significance in returning to the former "Sonic" but also compiling 15 years into one game. ----: Stage gimmicks seem rather abundant, there sem to be a rich variety aren't there? Nakamura: The various stages have different gimmicks, and called "[? -I cannot make this make sense]" is characteristic enjoyment. Morever, this time Sonic can freely visit preparation areas called Town Stages. ----:The adventure sections are the foundation, and are huge stages; one must clear missions to advance the story, is that right? Nakamura: True, it is the foundation. Here the inside of the town becomes a base, opening paths to action stages, the story advances upon clearing the stages, as you reach that point. The game progresss with that sort of flow. ----: Is there also considerable volume? Nakamura: There is also a volume, we increase the -heehee- words on the next generation machine (laughing). So, with 15th anniversaries so far, people will buy with a feeling of gratitude, it's felt to be crammed with similar things if at all possible. Observations on Supersonic Speed Mode ----: Action, gimmicks and more, is this the part I want to watch by all means? Nakamura: We say "Supersonic Speed mode", however this specialized speed mode is planned to be prepared for exclusive stages. So far, we assume "This character is fast", this time words don't approach the degree of speed(laughs). "Yabei! this is fast!" is increasingly the kind of thing that is said. Behind him, the psychic powers of Silver, right? By simply floating things and throwing levers, there are puzzle-like elements. Like this, bend the this road, and the cars on top fall; using that you advance, as it were, to part of the puzzle solution, see? ----: The sale date is a matter of interest, but are you adjusting to the sale of the Playstation 3 after all? Nakamura: The development situation is still 40%. We feel it will be released in the fall of this year. At the start we said we planned to release this fall, but then the Playstation 3 was said to be coming out (laughs). Aiming at the season, there will be no wait. ----: In conclusion, a single word comment please for fans tired of waiting. Nakamura: The first "Sonic the Hedgehog" game appeared in '91, at that time it became popular due to the sense of speed and characters' cool images. That charm but the presentation of today, adding new things, even people not acquainted with the game can enjoy it; furthermore people who are familiar with the story can enjoy what the game is doing. By all means you will feel enjoyment in many ways.
Avatar image for playstation0101
playstation0101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 playstation0101
Member since 2006 • 5654 Posts
Yay! *crosses fingers and hopes Sonic Team is smart enough to annouce something new on Sonic's birthday*
sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 sonicphc

Hooray for translations!

----: In conclusion, a single word comment please for fans tired of waiting.

Nakamura: The first "Sonic the Hedgehog" game appeared in '91, at that time it became popular due to the sense of speed and characters' cool images. That charm but the presentation of today, adding new things, even people not acquainted with the game can enjoy it; furthermore people who are familiar with the story can enjoy what the game is doing. By all means you will feel enjoyment in many ways. Thrippa

]

... that was a whole lot more than 1 word...

Thrippa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Thrippa
I swear, the question includes a symbol that translates to "one word, a single word". That was definitely the longest "single word" I've ever seen. On the downside, no actual game news today. I felt certain there would be. :( Not only Sonic's birthday, but a Friday which is when they usually update if they're going to. At least I can translate the poll results.
Thrippa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Thrippa
Rather than a mere *bump*, here are some of the current character bios from Sonic Channel (in case someone's not familiar with the site, it's Sonic Team's official Sonic game website http://sonic.sega.jp/index.html). I'd hoped they'd have made a few more additions to the StH site by now, but it looks like the English site may be a translation of the Japanese site anyway this time around; which would be a first - the Riders and ShTH sites were entirely different. Anyway (insert standard disclaimer about this being my own "best translation) the first four: Sonic the Hedgehog: Real name : Sonikku za Hejjihoggu English name : Sonic the Hedgehog Nickname : Sonikku Classification : Hedgehog Gender : Male Height : 100 cm Weight : 35 kg Age : 15 years old Running speed : Supersonic speeds Selfishly fond of freedom but very likeable, leaning towards a great dislike of secrecy. Although sometimes quick tempered, possessing kindness in bringing freedom to distressed people. Considering life a series of events and adventures, he lives by his own rules and common sense. He keeps promises. He is no traitor. His justice is honest. From a habitual daredevil aloof from the world, when some kind of crisis arises he is from here on in the game a different person, with a degree of intensity and acuity that astonishes the watcher. In any case, you cannot quietly be the fastest hedgehog in history. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Tails: Real name : Mairusu Paua English name : Miles "Tails" Prower Nickname : Teirusu Classification : Kitsune (fox) Gender : Male Height : 80 cm Weight : 20 kg Age : 8 years Special skill: Rotating his two tails to fly in the air. Hobbies : Tinkering with machines - flying mechas Hie real name is Miles Prower, but everyone calls him "Tails". This kind-hearted foxcub possesses 2 tails. By spinning these tails he is able to fly through the air. At a time when everyone picked on his two tails, he unexpectedly encountered Sonic's running form while wishing for courage; since that time he has never been far from Sonic's side. He loves to tinker with machines and has developed various mechas. As far as Sonic is concerned, he's a delightful little brother; Tails himself hopes to one day be the person that Sonic will depend on. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Dr. Eggman: Real name : Unknown English name : Dr. Eggman Nickname : Dr. Egguman Classification : Human Gender : Male Height : 185 cm Weight : 128 kg Age : Unknown Blood type : Type B IQ : 300 Favorite things : Mechas Selfishly self-centered, is this self-styled evil genius scientist. He has a fondness for mechas and more for three meals a day. This scientist's IQ greatly surpasses 300, and he does not reflect on people's annoyance but wishes to designate the world Eggman-land. This man will never give up. These plans being thwarted entirely by Sonic, his dearest wish is to defeat Sonic; in some respects, hatred for Sonic is the tune in his inner heart. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Knuckles: Real name : Nakkuruza za Ekidouna English name : Knuckles the Echidna Height : 110 cm Weight : 40 kg Age : 16 years Nickname : Nakkuruza Classification : Echidna (Harimogura) Gender : Male Favorite things : Fruit Loathed things : Strong sunlight Special skills : Digging * Wall climbing * Gliding * Punch A heroic and powerful echidna. He knows his sole purpose for living on "Angel Island", an island floating in the heavens, is to protect the gigantic gem called the Master Emerald. Sonic's rival is a quarrelsome friend. If Sonic is the breeze, Knuckles, remaining in one place is as established as the mountains. As a result of having an honest character and a one-track mind, he is a bit one-sided and gullible. He is also a treasure hunter and a master of martial arts. As for his powerful fists, the intensity of their punch is able to shatter stones. He further posesses the special skills of gliding and climbing up walls. [note, this is "the Knuckles tribe", not "Knuckle's tribe", the Japanese text has always designated the line of Pachacamac as the Knuckles tribe or clan]]
sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 sonicphc
Wow. Interesting stuff. I love translations.
Thrippa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Thrippa
By way of a bump, have some more official bios: Amy: Real name : Emii Roozu English name : Amy Rose Nickname : Emii Classification : Hedgehog Gender : Female Height : 90 cm Weight : SECRET! Age : 12 years Favorite things : Loathed things: Special skills: Tarot cards Dowsing PikoPiko Hammer Persistently crowding Sonic with love, this girl chases after him, falling in love with love. The self-styled girl-friend of Sonic the Hedgehog. An energetic manufacturer of cheerful moods, she strenghtens her pre-eminent behavior with more and more determination. At the critical moment, she produces her favoroite PikoPiko Hammer out of nowhere carelessly embarrassing men with her actions. Sonic is overwhelmed when faced with her wholehearted emotions. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Shadow: Real name : Shiyadou za Hejjihoggu English name : Shadow the Hedgehog Nickname : Shiyadou Classification : Hedgehog Gender : Male Height : 100 cm Weight : 35 kg Favorite things : None Loathed things: Mankind in general Special skills: Chaos Control Chaos Blast Chaos Spear This black hedgehog and Sonic are as alike as two melons. Dr. Eggman's grandfather, Professor Gerald, the genius scientist of the era, produced Shadow as the ultimate life-form. Using the Chaos Emeralds gives Shadow the ability to warp space-time (Chaos Control). He holds true to his aims, not avoiding a path because of danger. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Cream & Cheese: Real name : Kuriimu za Rabitto Real name : Chiizu English name : Cream the Rabbit English name : Cheese Nickname : Kurimu Nickname : Chiizu Classification : Usagi (rabbit) Classification : Chao Gender : Female Gender : Without Height : 70 cm Height : 40 cm Weight : 12 kg Weight : Unknown Age : 6 years Age : Unknown Favorite thing : TV Favorite food : Coconuts (Yashi no mi - palm's nut) (especially "The NEXT Show") Best friends with a chao, this rabbit girl always brings along her chao friend Cheese. She is bright, curious and lively, and through everything battles on with all her might. Her mother's discipline was extremely strict, resulting in Cream's rigidly polite speech and manners. This child is able to fly through the air on the wind generated by flapping her long ears. Cheese's tag attack is powerful! By the way, her mother's name is Vanilla. I think this may be the only official announcement of Cream's mother's name outside of Sonic X. I don't believe she was ever named in the games (although I haven't finished Sonic Rush yet). In case I hadn't said, these are off Sonic Channel, an official Sonic Team site, not linked directly to any of the games, although some of them are very similar to the Sonic Riders bios in part. BTW did you know Jet the Hawk was 14? Haven't translated him yet, he's new for September.
sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 sonicphc
Amy does Tarot cards? That's new.
Thrippa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Thrippa
Okay, FINALLY a site update - yay! BTW, the site pages often do not load the first time - if you get background but no foregraound images, click a different topic, (or "Back" if it's available) then click back where you were and that should bring up the images and text. Guide bar is actually in English this time, but lots of coming soon stuff. Starting at the left: Story: Sonic, Shadow (coming soon), Silver (coming soon) Sonic's story: (Sonic the Hedgehog chapter) The setting: the beautiful city of water, Soleana. Here in the kingdom of the beautiful Princess Elise, the most interesting Festival of Flames is cut short in the middle when she is kidnapped by Dr. Eggman who is after the secret of the "Flames of Disaster". As for Sonic, whose job is to stop Dr. Eggman's plans to threaten the world - to take back Princess Elise he risks invoking the Iblis Trigger, an enormous force; Silver stands in Sonic's path. For the sake of the future, what is Sonic's aim, and what of the Iblis Trigger and Dr. Eggmans search for the secret of the "Flames of Disaster"? Sonic's new adventure now begins.
Thrippa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Thrippa
Double post but I thought I'd do the characters as I finished them - I've got bits that looked interesting from all 4 at the moment, lol. Each character has 2 pages of info at the moment, a story bio linked to the first picture and a gameplay summary (at least for the hedgehogs) on the second. Thus: Characters: Sonic the Hedgehog, Shadow the Hedgehog, Silver the Hedgehog, Princess Elise. Guess by the silhouettes who's coming soon! (and yes that's Omega, not Gamma) Sonic the Hedgehog The world's fastest; the supersonic hedgehog. Going your own way as you please, very likable, but hating dishonest acts. Although quick-tempered, he has a soft spot for troubled people and cannot leave until they are free. While Sonic is in Soleana, the beautiful city of water, he sees Dr. Eggman kidnap the Princess Elise from the site for the purpose of stealing the secrets of the "Flames of Disaster"; now he must face Dr. Eggman to rescue Princess Elise. New action feature, Custom ACT! Now, when Sonic seeks special things, he can gain information by talking to people on the street of the vast Town Stages, and make alterations in his actions by purchasing custon actions from the stores. He can do this whenever he chooses in order to be equipped with the right actions for doing things, to be able to enjoy his actions. Please do try to check all the "Custom Actions" that are shown sequentially on the official list.
sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 sonicphc
So the character's can purchase abilites? Interesting gameplay mechanic.
sonicremix9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#21 sonicremix9
Member since 2006 • 939 Posts
Sounds interesting, good job.
Thrippa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Thrippa
Shadow the Hedgehog Created by Professor Gerald in his quest to produce the Ultimate Life form. Recieving a request from the Federal Government to extricate Rouge, Shadow penetrates a research establishment; en route he encounters a new enemy Mephiles. In the midst of the fight with Mephiles, Shadow is flung into the future, there.... Increase Shadow's play with what's called Gadet Action! This time Shadow's special feature, his various battle actions, can be varied by gadgets (vehicles) to ride in and break things up. Born to be the Ultimate Life-form, returning to the path he'd strayed from, Shadow uses his hand-to-hand fighting gifts and driving technique without hesitating to utilize every gadget and break things in the exection of his mission. Please check the "Gadget Action" button as things are added. Notice - only vehicles and hand-to-hand are mentioned, not hand-held guns.
sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 sonicphc
Woo. No guns. CONGRATULATIONS SEGA ON GETTING A CLUE!
Thrippa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Thrippa
Well, technically we do know there are rockets or something on at least one of the vehicles - and they haven't said there WON'T be any guns - but we can hope ;) I'll be keeping a close eye on the Gadget Button, I assure you.
Thrippa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Thrippa
Probably should have done Silver next, but I'd already started Elise to see why she had both "17 years of age" and "10 years" in her profile. So: Princess Elise Princess of Soleana, a kingdom that worships the Sun God. After the death of her father at a young age, Soleana's lord, who ordered her not to cry and to follow the rules, she took up her duties as princess as expected. However, in this position she holds the secret of the "Flames of Disaster", which Eggman desires. A 17-year-old Princess and Sonic meet. The graceful and trim princess is one side of Elise, but she posesses the insecurities and troubles of a 17-year-old maiden as well. Since the death of her father the king of Soleanna in an accident ten years before, she's changed from a playful girl to one burdened by fate, living daily with anxiety until her meeting with Sonic which was to litle by little open her spirit again. The second sentence is probably not very good - I can get the words alright but turning it into a sensible English sentence was...challenging. The last phrase, taking up her duties as princess is dead on, but her father actually said something along the lines of "obey the rules ' don't cry what'"... so I paraphrased the middle a bit. I'll try to improve on it later, right now I'm trying to get it all up. Silver's next.
Avatar image for 209745241664696408198013673166

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#26 209745241664696408198013673166
Member since 2006 • 10273 Posts
Amy does Tarot cards? That's new.sonicphc

No, That's not new. She's been that way since Sonic CD.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 209745241664696408198013673166

...he encounters a new enemy Mephiles... Thrippa

Is that the other Hedgehog??

Thrippa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Thrippa
Yes, Mephiles is the name of the other hedgehog who may be a shapeshifter. Silver the Hedgehog Silver possesses psychokinesis - the ability to control the motion of objects psychically. He has arrived in the modern world to alter the future world, by reversing the Iblis Trigger, the source of the destruction of the world to come. Will Silver really be able to change the future? Silver's psi abilities add more interest to the game! Silver's characteristic feature, moving things psychokinetically, makes possible flying and several different attacks, such as deflecting enemy missiles or throwing them back. Because of the next generation's physical engine, we can again increase the gameplay by introducing a new style. For details, please check back often as the "ESP Action" will be presented sequentially to the public. Next: Crisis City
Thrippa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Thrippa
Crisis City The future of the city, after being destroyed by Iblis! The world falls into ruin as more monsters come into existence, born of the fire-monster Iblis. Iblis is in the area as an incandescent tornado, resulting in the formation of an enormous zone of lava. What caused this disastrous future city? This adventure of Sonic and his friends spans the past and the future. [Kako = the past, the previous, bygone days. do they mean the present which is Silver's past, the past history of the games, or that Sonic et al will actually travel into the past? hmmm] cap1 Silver can lift large amounts of rubble with his psychokinesis. With this ability, lifting various objects and throwing them at enemies is possible. cap2 Sonic runs, urged on by ruined cars and rubble flung from behind! What caused this future?! And as this cause draws near, what can he do? cap3 Shadow can draw on various "battle actions". Large quantities of chaos power, released in "Boost Mode" allow him to advance by kicking about a large number of enemies at once. cap4 This time Shadow can utilize vehicles, bikes and flying vehicles among other gadgets to progress through his stages. (Note: the captions change when you click on each of the small pictures.)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 209745241664696408198013673166
What if it was like Sonic CD as far as time travel goes? that would be interesting, but I doubt this game will be like that.
sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 sonicphc
If it is like Sonic CD I hope they make it a bit easier and more convenient.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 209745241664696408198013673166
Well, Sonic CD was very convenient.
sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 sonicphc
I meant the time travel aspect wasn't convenient to use. You had to get going reall fast and hold it and if you stopped you lost your time travel thing. The only places I actully found it easy to do was where there'd be two springs facing eachother.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 209745241664696408198013673166
No, it was also convenient on other gimmicks and long, wavy roads. It would be too easy to just touch the post to warp. But that's just my opinion. ^_^
Thrippa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Thrippa
Hey, if you want to argue about Sonic CD find a different thread - this one's for the translations, lol. Will try to finish the Stages this weekend (unless they post more) but here's the actual "about" page: About Game Action Stage Introduction The roads of Soleana lead far and wide to many lovely action stages. One stage is organized into several areas, each with it's own tone. Due to each characters different actions, you will enjoy truly different play in each area. Town Stage Introduction Start your adventure from 3 beautiful, widespread Town Stages; in them you will be able to shop, get hints and advance the story through conversations with the townsfolk. Battles, races, hide-and-seek, quizzes, many minigames are predicted for playing far and wide. Huge Town Stages, Beautiful Adventure Stages! This time the setting is the streets of Soleana, city of water. Enjoy yourself amid the adventure elements and varied streets of the Town stages and the action elements of the action stages, which have a linked configuration. In Town stages, buy things and gather info, then enjoy the exhilarating Action stages!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 209745241664696408198013673166
Cool! sounds like Sonic Adventure on a whole new level!
sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 sonicphc
Indeed. The town stages are actually serving as more than just a world hub this time around. It's going to work well.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 209745241664696408198013673166
Sometimes puzzles make my head spin, so I don't know if I'll like all the puzzles, but I hope it works well in the game.
Thrippa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Thrippa
Sorry for the delay folks - I have no phoneline over the weekend so no internet connection either - and this weekend's the same since they couldn't come out til next week. But I'll try to at least get caught up through KV and TJ. Sonic info at TGS on the 23rd and 24th. Kingdom Valley Now in ruins, this place used to be the castle of Soleana, one can sense from the great ramparts and castle how widely Soleana once flourished. In this distant place, Sonic and the others jumped into the castle, ran up to the high ramparts in a breath and now push on through the scene freely, right or left as they please, through the overwhelmingly large castle. cap1 While Sonic, Shadow, and Silver, among others, each visit Kingdom Valley, each stage has a different motivation and goal for each character based on their differing stories. cap2 Sonic must grind along the road of wind in order to progress. Multiple wind roads can intersect, which way will you choose? By taking different routes you may find shortcuts to follow. cap3 The lake is forcefully split into towering walls as Sonic runs through the scene in high gear. In this game, you will be able to enjoy Sonic's high speed to your heart's content in various ultra high speed stages. cap4 Around the entrance to the castle, live countless eagles, who are the symbols of Soleana. Be ready to fly in the air with the friendly eagles to use the sky route as a shortcut and advance. About cap1 - Sonic, Shadow and Silver are listed by name with a "ya" that generally indicates only a partial listing; so there will be others going through the stage who are not listed.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 209745241664696408198013673166
Oh okay. I heard Tails is a playable character, and even saw a screenshot of it.
Thrippa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Thrippa
Yeah, I've seen the screenshot - actually it's in my Sonic pics file - and I've got the text that's supposed to be from Wave Ocean, but I've only translated the one cap of Tails' pic. It's been either very busy or I've had no online access this week. I was more pointing out that there was additional proof that other characters would run throught the stages, and also that all three (and more!) do go through Kingdom Valley. It's been said, but some people may have missed it, and others are still insisting that the characters get their own levels and only go through each other's in free mode if at all. But here's Tropical Jungle which finishes the "official" official site. I'll work on Wave Ocean if I have a chance, or when it gets officially added, whichever come first. I love the caption for the fourth pic on this one: Tropical Jungle Surviving from days of old, the primeval jungle! This stage overflows with life force. You will enjoy making use of many actions among the natural terrain features and ancient ruins. cap1 Because of the dense jungle and swamps surrounding this zone, you will need guidance through the swamp from a turtle; various types of play will open a path to travel among the ancient ruins. cap2 Inside the jungle, it's a complete maze. Grind at once along the ivy to make progress. cap3 You must run through many dynamic loops and zigzags in this huge primeval forest! cap4 Use the ivy in Tarzan fashion to proceed, expand your play with - Good heavens! - bungie jumping and acrobatics. (and yes, the original text of cap 4 says both "Taazan" and the equvalent of "good heavens!", rofl)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 209745241664696408198013673166
Oh! cool! HAHA!
sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 sonicphc
Good Heavens! Tarzan? What will they think of next. :lol:
Thrippa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Thrippa
Here you go! Everyone's favorite kitsune (well, except that one game reviewer): Miles 'Tails' Prower This time Tails supports Sonic's activities in the role of Amigo Character. Admiring Sonic, Tails is always tagging along behind him. From Sonic's point of view, he's a cute little brother; Tails himself wishes to be seen as the one Sonic can rely on. Amigo Characters give strong support! Tails has merely to make his two tails spin to be able to fly through the air for a set time. If the stage calls for flying through the air and reaching high switches to open doors, it is the Amigo Character's turn. The player, switching to Tails to be able to operate the character, is able to have Tails support Sonic by using him to reach high places and push switches. Will get Wave Ocean up as soon as I can; but it may be Tueday as I won't have internet access this weekend - they didn't come fix the phone line :(
sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 sonicphc
So you can switch between characters mid-level now. That's a neat gameplay mechanic. Mabye they'll let a second controller control the second character like the old Sonic games. That would be really cool.
Thrippa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Thrippa
Here's Wave Ocean, but now I gotta run. That last sentence was a bear to translate - I think I understand what it's saying but putting it into sensible English? Yikes! See y'all next week! Wave Ocean In all respects, this spreading marine stage is huge. Chasing after Eggman's battleship, Sonic comes to Wave Ocean, the lovely beach stretching out before him; but also on this beautiful, serene seashore are Eggman's mechs, standing in Sonic's way. During this stage, a huge orca draws near to attack, and the contest with Eggman's battleship unfolds. cap1 Rather than having only one path forward, several routes exist to progress through the stage! Seek out the best route to minimize your clear time and be proud when you find it. cap2 An enormous orca appears to urge Sonic on from behind as it destroys the bridge and the rocks! As has occurred while playing a previous game in the Sonic series, watch the scene that happened before happen again! cap3 Various mechanisms such as revolving gates block one's path - what sort is that! You must chase down Eggman's battleship to rescue Princess Elise. cap4 In mid-stage, you may be called and a familiar character will appear! As for Amigo Characters, it is possible to operate each character and play through the entire space of each Sonic Action.
Hikari_Yami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Hikari_Yami
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

Um, am I allowed to post here? I'm a GameFAQ's member...

Anyway, I wanted to say thanks Thrippa! Where in the world do you get the time to make all these translations and update your (awesome)fanfic? You're the best! :)

Thrippa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Thrippa
If you're reading the fanfic.net version of Descent into Darkness, I can post that twice a week because I already had 7 chapters written before I started posting there (whole chapters, not parts); I manage to get about a chapter a week done and revise the one I wrote last week - currently mostly on Friday nights when we sit at work. (If the plant closes early, the inspectors still have to sit around until the official end of shift; I take my laptop in and type away, lol). I'm about to catch up though and then I'll be posting once a week at fanfic as well as the Stadium. The translations are the time consuming part, but I've gotten a whole lot faster since I started in January with Riders, and as I learn more grammar and kanji it makes things a lot easier. At this point it takes about an hour to translate a page, and most of that it trying to figure out what that blob there in front of the "plural" symbol is. Some of the more intricate kanji are hard to make out, and I end up going "Lotus? Nah...'a pole for hanging out wash' don't think so....'companion, fellow adventurer' Aha!" as I try entering different symbols into the dictionary site. There are about a thousand commonly used symbols and I only know a dozen or so, although I can recognise quite a few at this point. Speed, spacious, and flames are very popular in the current site. And now I've gone totally off-topic. Apologies, but I do appreciate the encouragement. Unfortunately no update this week :(
Shadicman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#49 Shadicman
Member since 2004 • 439 Posts
Thanks alot Thrippa that's a nice amount of info good info. I know it must be time consuming but it is well appreciated thanks.
Thrippa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Thrippa
Still working on Blaze, Amy and Dusty Desert - very interesting stuff on Blaze's first page.... But here's Silver's Story which has some rather juicy clues itself: Silver's Story (Silver the Hedgehog Chapter) Silver spends every day battling the demon of destruction "Iblis" along with his partner Blaze, in a far future world that has been destroyed by the "Flames of Disaster". However, no matter how many time the Iblis is overthrown in battle, it revives, so he makes a decision to destroy the "Iblis Trigger" that will trigger the formation of the Iblis. Obtaining intelligence about the "Iblis Trigger" and borrowing strength from "Mephiles", Silver turns up in Sonic's time. However as the "Iblis Trigger" whoever it is --> "main cause of destruction" [is believed to be] "Sonic"...! But if Sonic is the cause of the destruction, who is this Shadow who resembles Mephiles? Will Silver be able to stop the destruction of his future world...? Note: the [is believed to be] is an interpolation; the only definition I can find for the word used on the site is "to withdraw from a legal case" which makes no sense whatsoever in this context, lol ---later--- And, here's Blaze: Blaze the Cat Bearing the duty of protecting and operating the Sol Emeralds (which form a "must-have" pair with the Chaos Emeralds). Usually she is calm and collected, but in fact she holds burning emotions closely hidden. Although Blaze is shy around strangers, and strict with herself, she works well with Silver as a partner and harbors feelings for him as for a younger brother. From a devastated future, Silver battles alongside his partner Blaze! Blaze's talent is the ability to manipulate flame and she possesses various means of attack; during her "Spinning Crow" attack her spinning form is wreathed with flame, and "Fire Crow" sends flames out to attack. Though seeming cool at first, she cares strongly for her companions. Several interesting things here - "must-have" pair with the Chaos Emeralds? meaning everyone wants the (which we know by now) or that you have to collect both so they can interact in some fashion? Also she seems to consider Silver the way Sonic veiws Tails.