chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

User Lists: 0

#51 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts
Yes the Power Rangers were massive in the beginning I even watched it.
Bocoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#52 Bocoe
Member since 2004 • 5700 Posts
Yup I got all the Sonic cartoons on Dvd. My favourite would probley be Adventures Of Sonic the Hedgehog.
Bluegreen17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 Bluegreen17
Member since 2009 • 1061 Posts

I've never seen any Sonic cartoons other than Sonic X, because my brother thinks it's one of the best things he could possibly be watching. It's not really horrible, but it could be always be better.

I've never really been one to watch Saturday morning cartoons - they're almost mediocre by nature nowadays, if you ask me. Now, if they made some kind of Sonic cartoon that wasn't exclusive to Saturday, that might stand a good chance. If it was high quality, I might even watch some!

sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#54 sonicphc
Member since 2005 • 7779 Posts
Heh. Found my brother watching Sonic X the other day. 2 seconds into an episode, I knew the entire plot of it, having never seen it before. I also knew the plot of the next 10 or so episodes. I guess at some point they ran out of script ideas, because they were just running the entire Sonic Adventure script.
ktulu007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#55 ktulu007
Member since 2004 • 41725 Posts

I've never seen any Sonic cartoons other than Sonic X, because my brother thinks it's one of the best things he could possibly be watching. It's not really horrible, but it could be always be better.

I've never really been one to watch Saturday morning cartoons - they're almost mediocre by nature nowadays, if you ask me. Now, if they made some kind of Sonic cartoon that wasn't exclusive to Saturday, that might stand a good chance. If it was high quality, I might even watch some!

Bluegreen17

Try Sonic SatAM. The storyline is surprisingly epic and the characters are well developed. The artwork is also pretty good. 

Bluegreen17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Bluegreen17

Try Sonic SatAM. The storyline is surprisingly epic and the characters are well developed. The artwork is also pretty good. 

ktulu007

That was in the 80s, right? Yeah, Saturday morning cartoons were probably better back then. I'll look into it. :)

ktulu007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 ktulu007
[QUOTE="ktulu007"]

Bluegreen17

That was in the 80s, right? Yeah, Saturday morning cartoons were probably better back then. I'll look into it. :)

You won't be sorry, although I would honestly suggest skipping the pilot episode. It's not bad but it's also not as good as the rest. 

kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 138

#58 kbaily
Member since 2007 • 13042 Posts
[QUOTE="Bluegreen17"][QUOTE="ktulu007"]

ktulu007

You won't be sorry, although I would honestly suggest skipping the pilot episode. It's not bad but it's also not as good as the rest.

Actually SatAM was in the early 90s and if you're used to the more modern aspects of the series, it might be a little confusing for you. In our review archive, Spikey gives a rundown of the series.

You can watch it on youtube first. The first season wasn't quite as good as the second season where the storyline became more intertwined between episodes, but also bear in mind that when that series came out, the only characters in the Sonic universe were Sonic, Tails and Robotnick (there were only two games at the time) so the rest were created from scratch and the premise is different than the Chaos Emerald heavy plotlines of today. Instead Sonic is the frontman of an animal freedom fighter team in a world where Robotnick/Eggman has taken over and enslaved the population. These adventures continued on after the series ended with the Archie comic series and eventually brought in characters like Knuckles and Amy and did eventually include Chaos emeralds as well.

Bluegreen17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Bluegreen17

Actually SatAM was in the early 90s and if you're used to the more modern aspects of the series, it might be a little confusing for you. In our review archive, Spikey gives a rundown of the series.

You can watch it on youtube first. The first season wasn't quite as good as the second season where the storyline became more intertwined between episodes, but also bear in mind that when that series came out, the only characters in the Sonic universe were Sonic, Tails and Robotnick (there were only two games at the time) so the rest were created from scratch and the premise is different than the Chaos Emerald heavy plotlines of today. Instead Sonic is the frontman of an animal freedom fighter team in a world where Robotnick/Eggman has taken over and enslaved the population. These adventures continued on after the series ended with the Archie comic series and eventually brought in characters like Knuckles and Amy and did eventually include Chaos emeralds as well.

kbaily

That's cool - I actually really like the comics, and I don't think it would confuse me.

ktulu007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 ktulu007
@kbaily: They take the plot for Sonic Satam, and the additional characters, straight from the comics.
kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 138

#61 kbaily
Member since 2007 • 13042 Posts

@kbaily: They take the plot for Sonic Satam, and the additional characters, straight from the comics. ktulu007

I thought the show came first and then the comics. Now I'm confused.

ktulu007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 ktulu007

[QUOTE="ktulu007"]@kbaily: They take the plot for Sonic Satam, and the additional characters, straight from the comics. kbaily

I thought the show came first and then the comics. Now I'm confused.

The Archie comic, which the Sonic Satam plot was taken from, came out in February of 1993. Sonic Satam aired September of 1993. 

Soniczero1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#63 Soniczero1993
Member since 2005 • 35070 Posts
A bit of Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog, a bit of Sonic Underground, and alot of SatAM. Sonic X I only saw a bit as well.
Avatar image for deactivated-5c35826ea3913
deactivated-5c35826ea3913

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#64 deactivated-5c35826ea3913
Member since 2004 • 5298 Posts
I think the main thing that drew me to SatAM versus the other 'toons was the setting. Robotnik has won. The freedom fighters were like a holdout from the time before the great robotization of Mobius. The whole mood of it was more urgent yet Sonic's attitude was so right for the situations he was in with his smartass-ness. Adventures however, was just too laxadasical for me to enjoy.
ktulu007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 ktulu007
The Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog was like watching the "imagining" of Sonic from an eleven year old with severe ADHD on a sugar high.
REgrl4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 REgrl4life
Member since 2007 • 751 Posts
When I get the chance I tune into Sonic X or watch it on Demand.
Desulated

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#67 Desulated
Member since 2005 • 30952 Posts

I didn't watch the cartoons but I did watch that movie (can't remember the name though).

sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 sonicphc
Member since 2005 • 7779 Posts

I didn't watch the cartoons but I did watch that movie (can't remember the name though).

Desulated
I believe it was called "Sonic the Hedgehog" XD
chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#69 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts
I wacthed 3 episodes of Sonic Underground. In the old days when I was younger I taped SATAM and the Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog.