Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127526 Posts

@burntbyhellfire said:
@horgen said:
@burntbyhellfire said:

I think you're looking for an excuse, otherwise you wouldn't have made such a ridiculous claim based on me saying I wasn't here before the election.

In my experience it isn't common with alt accounts anymore. Of course you might have just left your old account and started a new one. My experience is that that only happens when your old account is banned.

What old account are you talking about? I've gone by this name since the first days of the Xbox 360.

You said you have been here since 2016, your account is from 2019.

Avatar image for burntbyhellfire
burntbyhellfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#52 burntbyhellfire
Member since 2019 • 789 Posts

@horgen said:
@burntbyhellfire said:
@horgen said:
@burntbyhellfire said:

I think you're looking for an excuse, otherwise you wouldn't have made such a ridiculous claim based on me saying I wasn't here before the election.

In my experience it isn't common with alt accounts anymore. Of course you might have just left your old account and started a new one. My experience is that that only happens when your old account is banned.

What old account are you talking about? I've gone by this name since the first days of the Xbox 360.

You said you have been here since 2016, your account is from 2019.

I said I wasn't here before 2016 (the elections). I never said I was here since 2016.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 horgen  Moderator

@burntbyhellfire said:

I said I wasn't here before 2016 (the elections). I never said I was here since 2016.

Then why make such false statement? If I told you I wasn't here before 2006, it is logical to assume I have been here since (sometime in) 2006. If I didn't show up before 2012, why on earth post it as not being here before 2006, when I wasn't here for the next 6 years either.

burntbyhellfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 burntbyhellfire

@horgen said:
@burntbyhellfire said:

Then why make such false statement? If I told you I wasn't here before 2006, it is logical to assume I have been here since (sometime in) 2006. If I didn't show up before 2012, why on earth post it as not being here before 2006, when I wasn't here for the next 6 years either.

What are you talking about? How is saying I wasn't here before the last election a false statement? No, it isn't logical to assume you've been here since 2006. You're clearly reading into something, and seeing something that isn't there. You're trying to set a narrative that fits with a reality you want to exist, but doesn't. The relevance of 2016 is in the message I wrote, on the subject of the previous attorney generals of the US.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

@comeonman said:

So, if you actually read at least the executive summary, you will learn that the phrase used is:

"...we did not find documentary or testimonial evidence that political bias or improper motivation..."

That is not the same as the widely reported, Watchdog report finds FBI not motivated by political bias.

What the IG is telling us is:

A. They found no documentary evidence, i.e. no one involved was stupid enough to leave an email or other doc that said "I hate Trump so much I'm going to lie to the FISA court". Gee, big surprise no one was that blatantly obvious.

and

B. They found no testimonial evidence, i.e. no one they interviewed was stupid enough to admit in an interview with the IG, that they were politically motivated. Given that the IG has no "teeth", i.e. he cannot put anyone in legal jeopardy, is anyone surprised that no one adnitted to being politically motivated?

Things will be different when these folks are faced with a US Attorney that has subpoena power and a grand jury empaneled. The standard for proving an act was motivated by bias does not require a confession, or a specific documented expression of intent.

Once again, Michael Horowitz has proven himself to be an honorable and dedicated IG, and in my opinion, a patriot. He and his team have done a great job of spelling out the facts, and their timeline. It is now up to the AG and the rest of the DOJ, to hold people accountable.

I'm curious to hear what your opinion is about all of the documentary and testimonial evidence that was brought forth against Trump during his impeachment investigation, including testimony against him by supporters like Gordon Sondland.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 horgen  Moderator

@burntbyhellfire said:
@horgen said:
@burntbyhellfire said:

What are you talking about? How is saying I wasn't here before the last election a false statement? No, it isn't logical to assume you've been here since 2006. You're clearly reading into something, and seeing something that isn't there. You're trying to set a narrative that fits with a reality you want to exist, but doesn't. The relevance of 2016 is in the message I wrote, on the subject of the previous attorney generals of the US.

I'm speaking about your account here, not AG.

Avatar image for deactivated-610a70a317506
deactivated-610a70a317506

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 deactivated-610a70a317506
Member since 2017 • 658 Posts

@PurpleMan5000:

I appreciate your interest in my opinion, but your inquiry seems off topic for this thread.

I am sure you are aware there is a stickied thread for debating the impeachment. You'll find plenty of folks there that will engage with you on that subject.

Thanks

burntbyhellfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 burntbyhellfire

@horgen said:
@burntbyhellfire said:
@horgen said:
@burntbyhellfire said:

I'm speaking about your account here, not AG.

Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit because not only did you misread my comment when you went off on this tangent, but you've already forgotten what my original comment was in reference to.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 horgen  Moderator

@burntbyhellfire said:

Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit because not only did you misread my comment when you went off on this tangent, but you've already forgotten what my original comment was in reference to.

Apparently reading into this as being here since 2016 is wrong. Oh well. I have been wrong before.

@burntbyhellfire said:

I wasn't here before 2016, but I'd suspect you didn't have much of a problem with Holder and Lynch being just that.

@zaryia: Weren't several of those who investigated pro Trump?

burntbyhellfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 burntbyhellfire

Are you looking for any excuse to purge people who do not fit your political leanings? Because that's what it is starting to look/sound like.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310
deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#61 deactivated-5e9044657a310
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts

@horgen: if his IP was banned there'd be at least three other accounts disappear as well

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 horgen  Moderator

@burntbyhellfire said:

Are you looking for any excuse to purge people who do not fit your political leanings? Because that's what it is starting to look/sound like.

No. Just trying to clarify what you meant by it. You aren't 12, are you? :P

burntbyhellfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 burntbyhellfire

@Nuck81 said:

@horgen: if his IP was banned there'd be at least three other accounts disappear as well

You don't think they can see my IP and know you're full of shit? What would these other names be, exactly? It sounds like paranoia to assume if more than one person disagrees with you, that they must be the same.

burntbyhellfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 burntbyhellfire
@horgen said:
@burntbyhellfire said:

No. Just trying to clarify what you meant by it. You aren't 12, are you? :P

I'm not the one trying to design a narrative that fits your opinions here.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310
deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#65 deactivated-5e9044657a310
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts

@burntbyhellfire: calm down little man. You're so defensive. It's almost like you have alts and got caught

burntbyhellfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 burntbyhellfire

@Nuck81 said:

@burntbyhellfire: calm down little man. You're so defensive. It's almost like you have alts and got caught

And what are these alts you claim I have. Name one. You were certain there were specifically three just a moment ago. Name one.