TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/07/19/trump-was-briefed-about-putins-meddling-role-2-weeks-before-taking-office-report.html

even with a pro-Trump spin this shows he has known for a long time.

its a bit obvious given the public reports on election hacking however, there is a question about 'accessory after the fact' meaning if you know of a crime, and then consciously try to cover that crime up (which saying its not happening would qualify as a coverup) then its a crime.

The data was backed up by emails and texts from Russian military officers and a top-secret source close to Putin, who told the CIA how the Kremlin decided to start its hacking and disinformation efforts against U.S. targets, the New York Times reported.

Trump was “grudgingly convinced” by the assessment, according to the Times, which spoke with several other people who attended the intelligence briefing.

“There has never been a president as tough on Russia as I have been," Trump told reporters before a Cabinet meeting. He said he’s “doing very well” in tackling Russia and pointed out to U.S. sanctions on the country and a number of Russian nationals who were expelled for being spies.

Needhealing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#2 Needhealing
Member since 2017 • 2041 Posts

It's obvious something is wrong here. A U.S president doesn't suddenly love Russia, try to destroy Nato, go on trade wars with his allies... Either Putin has something on him or even worse - Trump collaborated with the Soviet Union (yes, USSR) on the election meddling. This has Watergate all over it.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 TryIt

@needhealing said:

It's obvious something is wrong here. A U.S president doesn't suddenly love Russia, try to destroy Nato, go on trade wars with his allies... Either Putin has something on him or even worse - Trump collaborated with the Soviet Union (yes, USSR) on the election meddling. This has Watergate all over it.

yeah. I have been finding myself learning about Russia life more and more now. In part out of curiosity but also in part to dispel my own fear of the unknown.

I have accepted that this countries government system has been taken over, at least for now, if not for a long while

plageus900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 plageus900
Member since 2013 • 3065 Posts

It's because Trump has HIV.

Needhealing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Needhealing

@tryit said:
@needhealing said:

yeah. I have been finding myself learning about Russia life more and more now. In part out of curiosity but also in part to dispel my own fear of the unknown.

I have accepted that this countries government system has been taken over, at least for now, if not for a long while

I'm just waiting for Mueller to trigger the storm. I'm sure by now he knows sufficient and is getting closer. Just like Wategrate it only took one rat to spoil the dinner and the president was finally caught. ONE RAT. Who's it going to be?

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12571 Posts

Isn't this old news... Like 1 1/2 years old. He was briefed on it but didn't believe it. At least that's what my understanding was of it then.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58309 Posts

@needhealing said:

Jesus, when you list it like that, it's really quite obvious all of a sudden

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 TryIt

@joshrmeyer said:

Isn't this old news... Like 1 1/2 years old. He was briefed on it but didn't believe it. At least that's what my understanding was of it then.

that is mostly correct. in this article it states he “grudgingly convinced”. which I know could mean 'was being polite in hopes of people getting out of his office'

HOWEVER, the article itself (the source article) brings up an interesting point that I had not considered.

Its a crime to cover up a crime you know about.

Needhealing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Needhealing

@mrbojangles25 said:
@needhealing said:

Jesus, when you list it like that, it's really quite obvious all of a sudden

Sarcasm, but there are more points I can mention. It's just odd that he's anti-everyone else but pro-Russia. Makes no sense. And don't give me the whole "but he's trying to improve relations in order to make a better world"

Yet, he's fighting with the whole E.U, Canada, Mexico, China... oh the list goes on.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#10 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@joshrmeyer said:

Yup, old news but these days the anti-trumpers need their daily "now impeachment is coming" fix or they won´t get through another day.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 TryIt

@Jacanuk said:
@joshrmeyer said:

Yup, old news but these days the anti-trumpers need their daily "now impeachment is coming" fix or they won´t get through another day.

yes its old news but an article I read made a good point.

Its illegal to cover up a crime you know has been committed. In a normal world that could easily be added to the long list of impeachable offense

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 JoshRMeyer

@tryit: Maybe he was waiting for more evidence. Who knows. Funny thing here is that people claim that Trump was in on it, so of course he knew. I don't see it that way. Still not sure why people are still hell-bent on this subject. Should be thanking the Russians for uncovering the truth.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 JoshRMeyer

@tryit: He didn't cover it up. I don't know the exact procedure that went on, but there was an investigation to see if any votes we're tampered with... And they concluded no, there wasn't.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TryIt

@joshrmeyer said:

@tryit: He didn't cover it up. I don't know the exact procedure that went on, but there was an investigation to see if any votes we're tampered with... And they concluded no, there wasn't.

actually if one is asked about a crime that they know about and they say 'it didnt happen', that is conspiring after the fact. it is illegal

and dude..you really need to get grips with yourself.

what would YOU say if I said 'Obama knew of a crime and for a year every time he was asked he lied about his knowledge and said it never happened'

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Jacanuk

@tryit said:
@Jacanuk said:
@joshrmeyer said:

Its illegal to cover up a crime you know has been committed. In a normal world that could easily be added to the long list of impeachable offense

I know you don´t understand the law here, but that one is a stretch even for you.

The article is written by a far-left journalist who like you just slaps anything on Trump because he knows people will believe it.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 TryIt

@Jacanuk said:
@tryit said:
@Jacanuk said:
@joshrmeyer said:

I know you don´t understand the law here, but that one is a stretch even for you.

The article is written by a far-left journalist who like you just slaps anything on Trump because he knows people will believe it.

sorry but I am right.

now think on this a second

'Obama knew it was a crime but when asked he lied and said it never happened'

how would you react?

and yes its ABSOLUTLY a crime to lie and say a crime never happened when you knew it did. so keep that in mind when you talk to police officers

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Jacanuk

@tryit said:
@Jacanuk said:
@tryit said:
@Jacanuk said:
@joshrmeyer said:

sorry but I am right.

how would you react?

and yes its ABSOLUTLY a crime to lie and say a crime never happened when you knew it did. so keep that in mind when you talk to police officers

Sure, and Santa is real.

You keep hoping though, i bet someday you may find that corn you were looking for.

Avatar image for deactivated-6068afec1b77d
deactivated-6068afec1b77d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#18 deactivated-6068afec1b77d
Member since 2017 • 2539 Posts

Trump is an idiot and doesn't even what crime means.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 TryIt

@Jacanuk said:
@tryit said:
@Jacanuk said:
@tryit said:
@Jacanuk said:

sorry but I am right.

how would you react?

Sure, and Santa is real.

You keep hoping though, i bet someday you may find that corn you were looking for.

lol...your hysterical

yeah if you see a person robbing a bank and a police officer asks you if the bank was stolen its not illegal to tell him no....lol

just like in your mind if you dont show up for court that means your innocent.

and if you are not successful in stealing the money from the bank but only try to do so then its not illegal

friggin 'stupid american' the russians would call that

Needhealing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Needhealing

@Jacanuk said:
@tryit said:
@Jacanuk said:
@tryit said:
@Jacanuk said:

sorry but I am right.

how would you react?

Sure, and Santa is real.

Took Nixon 3 years, we still have 1 more year.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By TryIt

@needhealing said:
@Jacanuk said:
@tryit said:
@Jacanuk said:
@tryit said:

sorry but I am right.

how would you react?

Sure, and Santa is real.

the 'positive' prediction I have is that hearings will start next year with a blue congress.

however, my fear is that Russia will affect the actual count. not influence, but actual count. I know the numbers are going to be huge for blue this round, its going to be hard for them to do it and not make it obvious, but I dont know that they care about that.

so that is my fear.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Jacanuk

@needhealing said:
@Jacanuk said:

Sure, and Santa is real.

Yup and keep that hope alive and the champagne on ice.

Maybe you will finally get something or maybe you won't.

Needhealing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Needhealing

@Jacanuk said:
@needhealing said:
@Jacanuk said:

Sure, and Santa is real.

Yup, but all signs points to more we will than we won't. This is almost the same as Watergate. The president blaming intrusion of the DNC HQ's on other people, firing his lawyer and closest cabinet members. Everything smelling like rotten fish. Until finally a brave soul ratted him. I love the FBI. They'll do their job.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 TryIt

@needhealing said:
@Jacanuk said:
@needhealing said:
@Jacanuk said:

Sure, and Santa is real.

Yup, but all signs points to more we will than we won't. This is almost the same as Watergate. The president blaming intrusion of the DNC HQ's on other people, firing his lawyer and closest cabinet members. Everything smelling like rotten fish. Until finally a brave soul ratted him. I love the FBI. They'll do their job.

yeah in fact the ONLY way its not going to happen is if Russia actually changes the vote count in 2018. not as in 'influence it' but physically change the count.

I think that is possible but not likely. but I also think its the ONLY way this is not going to end up with impeachment hearings.

Thing is, if Putin has Pence in his pocket as well, then he will not care either way.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#25 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

@needhealing said:

In that time Trump will have convinced enough people that the investigation isn't necessary unless Mueller delivers something.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Jacanuk

@needhealing said:
@Jacanuk said:
@needhealing said:
@Jacanuk said:

Sure, and Santa is real.

Well, we will see

You guys have been saying the house is on fire for the last 2 years.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 TryIt

@Jacanuk said:
@needhealing said:
@Jacanuk said:
@needhealing said:
@Jacanuk said:

Sure, and Santa is real.

Well, we will see

You guys have been saying the house is on fire for the last 2 years.

almost as long as the benghazi investigation which turned up.....?

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Jacanuk

@tryit said:
@needhealing said:
@Jacanuk said:
@needhealing said:
@Jacanuk said:

Sure, and Santa is real.

yeah in fact the ONLY way its not going to happen is if Russia actually changes the vote count in 2018. not as in 'influence it' but physically change the count.

I think that is possible but not likely. but I also think its the ONLY way this is not going to end up with impeachment hearings.

Thing is, if Putin has Pence in his pocket as well, then he will not care either way.

So let´s test something here.

Can you find 2/3´s of 435, once you have done that, Do you really believe that the Democrats will take that many seats? Let´s play with that idea a bit and say Democrats do take the seats. it will now take 2/3 of the senators to convict.

And considering we have 26 on the red side up for re-election and only 9 on blue. Do you think any Republican senator would actually vote to convict on anything but ironclad evidence, and not "rumours and hearsays" as you suggest?

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#29 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By TryIt

@Jacanuk said:
@tryit said:
@needhealing said:
@Jacanuk said:

Can you find 2/3´s of 435, once you have done that, Do you really believe that the Democrats will take that many seats? Let´s play with that idea a bit and say Democrats do take the seats. it will now take 2/3 of the senators to convict.

And considering we have 26 on the red side up for re-election and only 9 on blue. Do you think any Republican senator would actually vote to convict on anything but ironclad evidence, and not "rumours and hearsays" as you suggest?

well a few things.

1. I didnt say anything about conviction, I say the hearings will happen. which is a DIFFERENT assertion, again..hint is in the words I actually use and you dont read.

2. I actually dont know what the seats are but I feel confident that blue will win every single open seat..100% of them is strongly likely.

3. The hearings could last all the way into the second term, if he wins one.

but for me personally I have come to terms with this, and I am in 'accepting' stage. because even if trump left Pence I feel confident is likely also compromised.

I dont think smart warrior like Putin with connections all over the GOP it appears with the Butina case would not sure up Pence as well. I have accepted that Russias fingers are in deep, I have accepted that people on the right are far too stupid and will never see this and I have even started to learn who Russia is. what is happening is basically no longer up for debate with me.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Jacanuk

@tryit said:
@Jacanuk said:
@tryit said:
@needhealing said:
@Jacanuk said:

well a few things.

1. I didnt say anything about conviction, I say the hearings will happen. which is a DIFFERENT assertion, again..hint is in the words I actually use and you dont read.

2. I actually dont know what the seats are but I feel confident that blue will win every single open seat..100% of them is strongly likely.

but for me personally I have come to terms with this, and I am in 'accepting' stage. because even if trump left Pence I feel confident is likely also compromised.

I dont think smart warrior like Putin with connections all over the GOP it appears with the Butina case would not sure up Pence as well. I have accepted that Russias fingers are in deep, I have accepted that people on the right are far too stupid and will never see this and I have even started to learn who Russia is.

You don´t yell fire in a building when it´s not on fire. So the only reason to yell impeach is to impeach, it´s not to hold "hearings" , the investigation is after all what you guys hired Mueller to do.

So considering all 435 seats in the house is up for grabs, you really think all will go to the Democrats?

But do you actually believe half of America is in the pocket of Russia?, if anything it just proves that some people don´t learn from history and McCarthyism is not a thing of the past, despite how enlightened we may feel we are today.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 TryIt

@Jacanuk said:
@tryit said:
@Jacanuk said:
@tryit said:
@needhealing said:

well a few things.

I dont think smart warrior like Putin with connections all over the GOP it appears with the Butina case would not sure up Pence as well. I have accepted that Russias fingers are in deep, I have accepted that people on the right are far too stupid and will never see this and I have even started to learn who Russia is.

You don´t yell fire in a building when it´s not on fire. So the only reason to yell impeach is to impeach, it´s not to hold "hearings" , the investigation is after all what you guys hired Mueller to do.

So considering all 435 seats in the house is up for grabs, you really think all will go to the Democrats?

But do you actually believe half of America is in the pocket of Russia?, if anything it just proves that some people don´t learn from history and McCarthyism is not a thing of the past, despite how enlightened we may feel we are today.

cool story bro, not related to the prediction I made though.

I stick to my original prediction, if you read it closely you will see I never said anything about indictment.

there is no way in hell a blue congress is going to go 'you know I dont think we have the votes so lets just not have the hearing'

again...no disrespect but....not very sharp on your part

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178845 Posts

@Jacanuk said:
@tryit said:

sorry but I am right.

how would you react?

Sure, and Santa is real.

Santa is real. It's parents. So I guess you are agreeing with him.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Jacanuk

@tryit said:
@Jacanuk said:

I stick to my original prediction, if you read it closely you will see I never said anything about indictment.

there is no way in hell a blue congress is going to go 'you know I dont think we have the votes so lets just not have the hearing'

An indictment is not the same thing as impeachment.

Impeachment works a bit different than a criminal trial since, after all, it is the president. All the special counsel do is investigate and present the findings to the house.

And again you do not begin impeachment proceedings without the intent to actually impeach. And against Trump, they need more than just basic hearsay.

Which is also why the two previous attempts were by an overwhelming majority IE 350+ voted to table them.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By TryIt

@Jacanuk said:
@tryit said:
@Jacanuk said:

An indictment is not the same thing as impeachment.

Impeachment works a bit different than a criminal trial since, after all, it is the president. All the special counsel do is investigate and present the findings to the house.

And again you do not begin impeachment proceedings without the intent to actually impeach. And against Trump, they need more than just basic hearsay.

Which is also why the two previous attempts were by an overwhelming majority IE 350+ voted to table them.

I will say it again

I stand by my prediction which is the ONLY way impeachment hearings will not happen is if Putin is able to actually change the vote count as in physically change the actual count

nothing you have said yet changes or even touches that prediction.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Jacanuk

@tryit: Ok, so you stand by that Trump will be impeached before the end of his term.

Meaning it will happen in the next 8-10 months.

Got it , so another "prediction" to add your long list of "predictions".

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By TryIt

@Jacanuk said:

@tryit: Ok, so you stand by that Trump will be impeached before the end of his term.

Meaning it will happen in the next 8-10 months.

Got it , so another "prediction" to add your long list of "predictions".

THAT WAS NOT IN MY PREDICTION!!!!!!!!!!!!

re-read my prediction do you know what 'impeachment hearings' even is?

it just hit me you do not.

impeachment hearings is the process of deciding if to impeach, its not the conclusion of the hearings. my prediction is that hearings will start, I am not predicting what the conclusions of the hearings will be.

wow!

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 JoshRMeyer

@tryit: I liked Obama. What does your question even mean? I've found good in every president in my life time. You are so far left, you feel like you have to choose a side and hate the other side. Like everything is a yes or no to you. Or you use extremes.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 TryIt

@joshrmeyer said:

@tryit: I liked Obama. What does your question even mean? ...

if you could please quote me (I dont have time to scroll back) because I dont understand your comment related to what I would have said.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 JoshRMeyer

@tryit: You asked if it was Obama instead of Trump, how I'd act.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 TryIt

@joshrmeyer said:

@tryit: You asked if it was Obama instead of Trump, how I'd act.

'it'? what 'it'?

oh I know what you are talking about, yeah please in the future just quote it. it would be helpful if you did.

ok my response:

i dont believe you when you say you liked Obama

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts
@Jacanuk said:
@joshrmeyer said:

This isn't old news.

The specific data involved, which created this new story, was just leaked.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/18/world/europe/trump-intelligence-russian-election-meddling-.html

https://globalnews.ca/news/4340523/donald-trump-russia-putin-election-meddling/

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/ny-news-trump-russia-election-intelligence-20180718-story.html

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#43 JimB
Member since 2002 • 3864 Posts

@tryit said:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/07/19/trump-was-briefed-about-putins-meddling-role-2-weeks-before-taking-office-report.html

its a bit obvious given the public reports on election hacking however, there is a question about 'accessory after the fact' meaning if you know of a crime, and then consciously try to cover that crime up (which saying its not happening would qualify as a coverup) then its a crime.

The data was backed up by emails and texts from Russian military officers and a top-secret source close to Putin, who told the CIA how the Kremlin decided to start its hacking and disinformation efforts against U.S. targets, the New York Times reported.

Trump was “grudgingly convinced” by the assessment, according to the Times, which spoke with several other people who attended the intelligence briefing.

“There has never been a president as tough on Russia as I have been," Trump told reporters before a Cabinet meeting. He said he’s “doing very well” in tackling Russia and pointed out to U.S. sanctions on the country and a number of Russian nationals who were expelled for being spies.

He has said so a number of times since 2017. So what is the point. Did you just have a revelation.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 TryIt

@JimB said:
@tryit said:

He has said so a number of times since 2017. So what is the point. Did you just have a revelation.

yes actually that is actually what I had. a revelation.

your right, this news is not new, what is new for me was a point that was made, which is what he did is illegal.

if you know of a crime, telling people it didn't happen is against the law.

which is what I said in LINE TWO of the comment you responded to...lol

guys...you might want to at least read the important bits

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 JoshRMeyer

@tryit: Can't do the quotes from phone and I'm not wasting my days sitting at a computer. You don't believe me? Ok... Very mature of you.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By JoshRMeyer

@zaryia: It's old. It's just being regurgitated by the media for views and clicks... They gotta stay relevant some how.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 TryIt

@joshrmeyer said:

@zaryia: It's old. It's just being regurgitated by the media for views and clicks... They gotta stay relevant some how.

again I wish I knew what you are refering to and if you quoted me that woudl be awesome, I can not read your mind and I am multitasking

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 JoshRMeyer

@tryit: So you think Trump knew for a fact that Russians interfered with the election and lied about it? Or that he got some info, and didn't believe it? Two different things.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By TryIt

@joshrmeyer said:

@tryit: Can't do the quotes from phone and I'm not wasting my days sitting at a computer. You don't believe me? Ok... Very mature of you.

ah..fair enough.

well I dont believe you, sorry if you think indiscriminate believe in anything anyone says is a sign of maturity but that is your cross to bear not mine, because I absolutely am not mature.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 JoshRMeyer

@tryit: "because I absolutely am not mature."

Well, that was a very honest, mature comment. Good job.