deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#1 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

https://americanindependent.com/donald-trump-diet-vegetables-ronny-jackson-white-house-doctor-new-york-times/

Ronny Jackson who left the White House after a failed nomination to be secretary of the Department of Veterans Affairs and is now running for Congress made the revelation when talking about his regrets as White House physician.

He told the New York Times that he wanted to help Trump lose weight through a healthy diet and exercise plan that never came to fruition.

"The exercise stuff never took off as much as I wanted it to," Jackson told the New York Times. "But we were working on his diet. We were making the ice cream less accessible, we were putting cauliflower into the mashed potatoes."

Sneaking vegetables into other foods is cited as a useful strategy by many parenting experts, including the American Academy of Pediatrics, for parents to get their picky toddlers to eat healthy.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#2 Eoten
Member since 2020 • 8671 Posts

At his age, with a bill of health as good as he has received. If he wants to eat fast food every day, that's his prerogative. I am not sure why you care, or why anyone else should.

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#3 vl4d_l3nin
Member since 2013 • 3700 Posts

My wife does the same to me lol.

rmpumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4 rmpumper
Member since 2016 • 2134 Posts

@eoten said:

At his age, with a bill of health as good as he has received. If he wants to eat fast food every day, that's his prerogative. I am not sure why you care, or why anyone else should.

How real was this bill of health, lol?

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5  Edited By jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts

A few extra pounds never hurt

Im also a fan of ice cream

Chip mint is my jam

Yolo

Guy_Brohski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 Guy_Brohski
Member since 2013 • 2221 Posts

Tricked into eating veggies by putting veggies in veggies? Nah. He was fully aware he was eating veggies every time he took a bite of mashed potatoes.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Eoten

@rmpumper said:
@eoten said:

How real was this bill of health, lol?

Well it's the same person you hear coming up with this story. So if you're questioning the credibility of the clean bill of health, you're also questioning the credibility of the person who claimed he had to hide vegetables.

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 npiet1
Member since 2018 • 3576 Posts

WTF, he's a grown ass man. He can eat what he wants.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#9 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

Just let him eat whatever and let nature run its course.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

@jeezers said:

A few extra pounds never hurt

Im also a fan of ice cream

Chip mint is my jam

Yolo

A few pounds? He has 100++ extra maybe.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ecb2e9232c57
deactivated-5ecb2e9232c57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-5ecb2e9232c57
Member since 2019 • 653 Posts

@Guy_Brohski: lol, mashed potatoes as veggies. Are you American? Do you also think pizza and French fries count as veggies?

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 jeezers

@horgen: hes about 30 pounds overwieght, gotta remember hes 6'3

plageus900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 plageus900
Member since 2013 • 3065 Posts

@jeezers: He's more like 46 lbs overweight. His BMI is over 30, which makes him obese.

Sure, you can argue that BMI is inaccurate because it doesn't take muscle mass into account, but Trump doesn't have any muscle mass.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By jeezers

@plageus900: i mean BMI says up to 216 is normal for his hieght,

Last year he gained 4 pounds 239-243

www.delish.com/food-news/news/amp57718/is-president-trump-obese/

I think hes about 30 pounds overweight which is considered obese, he should lose weight still, but at 73 thats not too bad. Let the man have some ice cream lol

Guy_Brohski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Guy_Brohski

@leicam6: Mashed potatoes are literally vegetables. Did you drop out of school?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By deactivated-5ecb2e9232c57

@Guy_Brohski: lol they aren’t. Mashed potatoes have vegetables that are potatoes (which are crap nutritionally, if you get your veggies eating potatoes that’s embarrassing) but it’s also a dish full of salt and butter. Not exactly healthy.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9816 Posts

One and only time I agree with Trump. Vegetables are pure unadulterated evil.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#18 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts

Must've been a slow news day.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36040 Posts

@npiet1 said:

WTF, he's a grown ass man. He can eat what he wants.

Apparently people don't think of him as such. I can't possibly imagine why, can you?

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36040 Posts
@Guy_Brohski said:

@leicam6: Mashed potatoes are literally vegetables. Did you drop out of school?

And I use to joke about how my plates full of french fries and ketchup were actually plates full of fruits and veggies back in high school

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38677 Posts

this is a pretty stupid story.

but then again, this did happen also.

Loading Video...

plageus900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 plageus900

@Guy_Brohski: So what you're saying is that I should supersize my fries at McDonalds.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#23 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@warmblur said:

https://americanindependent.com/donald-trump-diet-vegetables-ronny-jackson-white-house-doctor-new-york-times/

Ronny Jackson who left the White House after a failed nomination to be secretary of the Department of Veterans Affairs and is now running for Congress made the revelation when talking about his regrets as White House physician.

He told the New York Times that he wanted to help Trump lose weight through a healthy diet and exercise plan that never came to fruition.

"The exercise stuff never took off as much as I wanted it to," Jackson told the New York Times. "But we were working on his diet. We were making the ice cream less accessible, we were putting cauliflower into the mashed potatoes."

Sneaking vegetables into other foods is cited as a useful strategy by many parenting experts, including the American Academy of Pediatrics, for parents to get their picky toddlers to eat healthy.

Not sure how Trump is the bad one here?

Trump is a grown man so if he says no then that is all that needs to be said, the doctor should not try to do a "nursing home" trick and try to overrule adults.

In fact and I will go look up the case law on that, but I can recall a lawsuit about a similar situation where a nursing home got sued for forcing their elders to eat "healthy" without their consent by sneaking "greens" into their food and got slapped hard.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

@eoten said:

I don't think a leader should have to be treated like a 5 year old.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@zaryia said:
@eoten said:

Generally no. But he does act like one.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Jacanuk

@zaryia said:
@eoten said:

Good to hear you are also thinking this doctor is a fruit-cake.

Guy_Brohski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Guy_Brohski

@leicam6: You're wrong. Mashed potatoes are literally just potatoes that have been mashed. You don't have to add butter or salt to them. It is vegetables. Stop trying to argue. You lost.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15569 Posts

@Guy_Brohski said:

@leicam6: You're wrong. Mashed potatoes are literally just potatoes that have been mashed. You don't have to add butter or salt to them. It is vegetables. Stop trying to argue. You lost.

Mashed potatoes that are literally just mashed potatoes would be fucking gross. Without any fatty base (milk, cream, butter, etc) to settle into they would be dry, tasteless, and unpleasant, it's literally just starchy potato sand at that point. And god forbid you don't at least salt that shit. Seriously, learn how to cook you alien lifeform.

Not to mention, even if you hadn't exposed your lack of culinary skills, did you seriously expect anyone to believe president mcdonalds, president well done steak with ketchup, eats plain mashed potatoes?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deactivated-5ecb2e9232c57

@Guy_Brohski: haha you have no idea what you are talking about. Go look at any recipe for mashed potatoes lol.

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ad1x2
Member since 2005 • 8430 Posts

While I'm not going to lie and act like the president doesn't need to lose a few pounds (he obviously does), I'm surprised people are even trying to use his weight against him in the current progressive world of the fat acceptance movement.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8414 Posts

This is what I find wrong with media these days: they make non-political matters seemingly an issue over the template of media to get the non-educated lose their shit over nothingness.

Guy_Brohski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Guy_Brohski

@leicam6: People put butter and salt on vegetables. SHOCKER.

plageus900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 plageus900

@Guy_Brohski: Botanically, yes a potato is a vegetable. Nutritionally, it doesn't count towards your recommended serving of vegetables because it's starchy crap.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23032 Posts

@Vaasman: "president well done steak with ketchup"

Wait... What?

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Jacanuk

@ad1x2 said:

While I'm not going to lie and act like the president doesn't need to lose a few pounds (he obviously does), I'm surprised people are even trying to use his weight against him in the current progressive world of the fat acceptance movement.

So, I got to ask this.

Why does the president need to lose a few pounds? what reason do you have for that?

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By ad1x2

@Jacanuk said:
@ad1x2 said:

So, I got to ask this.

Why does the president need to lose a few pounds? what reason do you have for that?

Probably because he is overweight?

I'm just mentioning how some of the same people that want to mock Trump for supposedly being overweight (he is even if he denies it) are the people that preach about the fat acceptance movement and try to shame anybody that says otherwise.

While I didn't see it mentioned in this forum specifically, about two months ago Jillian Michaels got absolutely buried on social media for commenting negatively about music artist Lizzo's weight but many of those same people have no problem insulting Trump's weight. I just found it funny.

plageus900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 plageus900

@Jacanuk: Like it or not, the president is a symbol of America. So far, he's only representing Mississippi.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Jacanuk

@ad1x2 said:
@Jacanuk said:
@ad1x2 said:

So, I got to ask this.

Probably because he is overweight?

I'm just mentioning how some of the same people that want to mock Trump for supposedly being overweight (he is even if he denies it) are the people that preach about the fat acceptance movement and try to shame anybody that says otherwise.

While I didn't see it mentioned in this forum specifically, about two months ago Jillian Michaels got absolutely buried on social media for commenting negatively about music artist Lizzo's weight but many of those same people have no problem insulting Trump's weight. I just found it funny.

That is no reason because he is overweight? does he have problems performing his work? or have any health issues?

And those people mocking Trump because he is overweight is as dumb as people thinking not eating meat is the reason for their sudden healthier "mindset"

@plageus900 said:

@Jacanuk: Like it or not, the president is a symbol of America. So far, he's only representing Mississippi.

Yes? and therefore he should live up to who´s ideals?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 deactivated-5ecb2e9232c57

@ad1x2: This may blow your mind but it’s almost like the progressive movement and people in general aren’t monolithic hive mind entities who do disagree on many things.

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By ad1x2

@leicam6 said:

@ad1x2: This may blow your mind but it’s almost like the progressive movement and people in general aren’t monolithic hive mind entities who do disagree on many things.

Really? Over the past three years, this forum taught me that Trump supporters are a hive mind that worship the ground he walks on and agrees with every policy he wants to be enacted without question. You're telling me the same doesn't apply to the progressive movement?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 deactivated-5ecb2e9232c57

@ad1x2: It never applied to Trump supporters either but if you think it did then lol.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Jacanuk

@ad1x2 said:
@leicam6 said:

Really? Over the past three years, this forum taught me that Trump supporters are a hive mind that worship the ground he walks on and agrees with every policy he wants to be enacted without question. You're telling me the same doesn't apply to the progressive movement?

Not all who vote for Trump does it because of Trump, but because we live in a 2 party system where the other side has moved so far away from the middle common-sense ground, that the only answer is to vote for the normal side.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 deactivated-5ecb2e9232c57

@Jacanuk: Exactly. The Republicans have gone so far right in recent years it’s no wonder that Democrats won more votes in 2016 and destroyed the GOP in 2018.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Jacanuk

@leicam6 said:

@Jacanuk: Exactly. The Republicans have gone so far right in recent years it’s no wonder that Democrats won more votes in 2016 and destroyed the GOP in 2018.

That is a modification of the truth but ok I guess you need to get your wins where you can find it.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15569 Posts
@mattbbpl said:

@Vaasman: "president well done steak with ketchup"

Wait... What?

Oh were you not aware? It's well established that Trump's favorite way to eat steak is well done, with ketchup. Like a disgusting monster.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Eoten

@leicam6 said:

Well that's been well debunked. Case and point, Trump is at the very most a centrist. And your parties nominee is going to be a straight up communist.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 LJS9502_basic

@Jacanuk said:
@ad1x2 said:
@leicam6 said:

Not all who vote for Trump does it because of Trump, but because we live in a 2 party system where the other side has moved so far away from the middle common-sense ground, that the only answer is to vote for the normal side.

I hope you don't think trump is the normal side.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Eoten

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Jacanuk said:
@ad1x2 said:
@leicam6 said:

No, not to someone as far left as you. You see the center as "far right."

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 LJS9502_basic

@eoten said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

No, not to someone as far left as you. You see the center as "far right."

I'm not far left. You have to be far right to think that. Whose alt are you by the way?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deactivated-5ecb2e9232c57

@eoten: LOL at Trump being a centrist. He’s mostly a standard GOP politician in terms of positions but in any other sane nation the GOP is a far right party. Have you ever ventured away from your shitty small town in the US? Perhaps you need to broaden your perspective.

My party? I’m not American lol. And Bernie Sanders is a bog standard social democrat in just about any European country and Canada. Again, get some perspective.