Trump casual racism to mock McConnell's wife.

• 79 results
Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 Nirgal
Member since 2019 • 680 Posts

Mocking her Chinese name. Offending millons of others at the same time to put down a political rival.

This guy is the personification of Lack of class. Zero idea why people support him

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

Really disgusting comments.

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3399 Posts

He knows his crowd.

Hilary wasn't wrong when she talked about the "deplorable". It wasn't politically correct and worked against her, but she was spot on.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58305 Posts

Yeah it's pretty bad, but what do we expect at this point?

And what does whining do for us except alienate people?

I mean I get it, but at this point we need to play for the big win, and not get mired down every time Trump says something terrible or crazy (which is all the time). Ignore Trump's antics, focus on bigger picture.

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Nirgal

@mrbojangles25: but this needs to be pointed out, because otherwise it normalizes racism. We already have had a ton of anti asian crime and violence since COVID.

Now we have a former president treating the wife of a senator, like a racist high schooler would treat an Asian classmate.

There is a point in which people need to point things out to make others realize what is normal behavior and what is being a classless asshole that has not grown up despite his old age.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36040 Posts

What were the comments?

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 mrbojangles25

@nirgal: I completely agree, I just think we need to dial the outrage down a bit for the foreseeable future. The people that care know it's wrong, and the people that don't won't be convinced of anything.

We don't gain anything by making a big deal out of something like this. Mention it, sure, but don't dwell. Focus on Jan 6th, focus on the economy, and focus on Roe v Wade.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

He's been a disgusting racist his entire life. To ignore that is either to agree with him, or be uneducated.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts
@Serraph105 said:

What were the comments?

“Must immediately seek help and advise from his China loving wife, Coco Chow!”

Elaine Chao is McConnell’s wife.

Trump is so laughably buffoonish and stupid he cannot even make the proper grammatical distinction between “advise” and “advice”. Though, I have to wonder if that’s part of his trolling tactics.

Christ this guy is an absolute embarrassment. How any American cannot cringe in shame every time this infant opens his mouth is past me.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11  Edited By judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7270 Posts

Wasn't she his Secretary of Transportation? One of the few to last for his full term? This guy can't even help accidentally trolling himself.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

I'd say the death threat was worse than the racism, but his tweet (or truth or whatever his dumbass site calls them) was a real doozy.

FYI, the bill in question was one that specified that the vice president's role in certifying the election was purely ceremonial. You know, so a loser like Donald wouldn't be tempted to misinterpret vague law to overthrow the US government like he did last year.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 MirkoS77
@PurpleMan5000 said:

I'd say the death threat was worse than the racism, but his tweet (or truth or whatever his dumbass site calls them) was a real doozy.

FYI, the bill in question was one that specified that the vice president's role in certifying the election was purely ceremonial. You know, so a loser like Donald wouldn't be tempted to misinterpret vague law to overthrow the US government like he did last year.

Eh, I would hardly qualify that as a death threat, but Trump always manages to get his message across by flirting along the lines of the implicit and explicit. So if he’s held to the fire, he always has room to wiggle out under the umbrella of plausible deniability and strict, forensic examination when viewed through legal metric. He‘s made it an art form.

But his mongrels always get the message regardless. It’s why with Jan. 6th, his sycophants always focus on the myopic and pick his statements apart in the effort to absolve him legally, instead of viewing his overall actions collectively in their responsibility, where even someone like Mitch can see them belonging right where they are deserved.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

@MirkoS77: I guess I'd agree that it's about as subtle as saying someone who opposes you politically must have a death wish, in all caps, can be. I wouldn't say it's all that subtle, though.

hansbeej

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By hansbeej
Member since 2014 • 320 Posts

The guy basically accused almost all south americans of being rapists, murderers, and drug dealers. He tried to ban all ingress into our country from muslim nations that didn't pay his son in law money. This is absolutely nothing new, and his supporters will continue to cheer it on.

hansbeej

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By hansbeej
Member since 2014 • 320 Posts
@MirkoS77 said:

Eh, I would hardly qualify that as a death threat

Stop giving him the benefit of the doubt. The man openly attempted a coup and tried to have his own vice president murdered. He knows what he is saying. WE ALL KNOW WHAT HE'S SAYING. He's not some dumb child. He means what he says, acknowledge it.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#17 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44560 Posts

Making jaw-droppingly offensive or absurd or outlandish comments is how Trump manages to stay in the center of attention. He'd eat worms on live TV it he had to.

For years typical GOP presidential primaries have always kind of played out where the candidates that seem like the most likely front runners go through a kind of musical chairs performance. The moments some such person is considered a strong candidate falls out of any consideration once any scrutinizing of past or they make some kind of gaffe that would make anybody else bow out in shame, each candidate only last a few weeks, and the last one standing is the one that had yet to be eliminated. But not Donald, if he does something that'd make anybody else tap out of the race, he doubles down, ups the ante, cranks it to 11. By saying things the press cannot help but cover he manages to stay at the center of attention without having to resort to costly campaign ads.

What we also see here of course is his stranglehold on the GOP itself, how he's made its leaders powerless to tame him. Mitch McConnell put up with it because he wanted so bad to pack the Supreme Court, he tried to tame a wild animal that couldn't be tamed, now he's rueing the day he made a deal with the devil. But this is nothing new from his previous countless racist comments, this is hardly shocking.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38677 Posts

if it was posted on truth social, did anyone actually see it though?

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By tjandmia
Member since 2017 • 3727 Posts

People who support him are obviously also hateful racists. What other possibility is there?

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By MirkoS77
@hansbeej said:
@MirkoS77 said:

Eh, I would hardly qualify that as a death threat

Stop giving him the benefit of the doubt. The man openly attempted a coup and tried to have his own vice president murdered. He knows what he is saying. WE ALL KNOW WHAT HE'S SAYING. He's not some dumb child. He means what he says, acknowledge it.

Where are you reading that I'm giving Trump the benefit of the doubt?

I'm saying that given that phraseology, it's hardly even in the realm of what technically constitutes a death threat, Trump saying it or otherwise. Place it in the context of what Trump's said and done over the past six or so years alongside his character and values? Sure, I think it holds more weight, but I'd still be hard-pressed to qualify it as directly threatening someone's life. It's not even close. Which is the point of my post, because I don't deny that may be Trump's intent and meaning. He's the master of dog whistling, whether it be to convey his racism, to encourage violence and civil unrest, or whatever else.

That's not giving him the benefit of the doubt in what he's saying, it's acknowledging how he continues to operate trespassing on the border of acceptability, while maintaining impunity while still getting his message across in what he says.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8209 Posts

Screw McConnell and his CCP loving wife.

Look into his business with Military equipment for the CCP. Look at the naval deals his wife had made with the CCP. McConnell has been selling out the country. Good for Trump calling him out and his wife.

Sorry he made fun of her name...could give a **** less. Weren't you guys call Trump Drumpf as a joke?? I'd hardly call it racism lol

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 KathaarianCode

Ah, I was wondering why our local club members were taking so long.

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 tjandmia
Member since 2017 • 3727 Posts

@kathaariancode said:

McConnell was a hero to them during the disastrous Trump presidency, but now since their dear leader is upset with him, he's no good to them anymore. I have never seen a larger group of sheep in my life. lol

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 MirkoS77

@tjandmia said:
@kathaariancode said:

McConnell was a hero to them during the disastrous Trump presidency, but now since their dear leader is upset with him, he's no good to them anymore. I have never seen a larger group of sheep in my life. lol

It is pretty remarkable to see how people are so beholden to one man. Imagine having so little personal integrity that you sell out your principles to go along with someone……not to mention a conman, no less.

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By KathaarianCode

@tjandmia: It's just like Scientology, or cults in general, once someone is marked the cult members just follow the new directive.

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Nirgal

@sargentd: if there was indeed such a deal between his wife and the CCP, he could have simply mentioned those deals and explained what is wrong with them.

As it stands, the only thing he is doing is showing himself as an asshole.

InEMplease

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 InEMplease
Member since 2009 • 7461 Posts

@sargentd said:

Weren't you guys call Trump Drumpf as a joke??

His family name was Drumpf before they changed it to Trump. Drumpf is far more fitting.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By SargentD

boohoo Trump criticized McConnel and his wife.

I don't like em either.

I endorse it.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By LJS9502_basic
@sargentd said:

boohoo Trump criticized McConnel and his wife.

I don't like em either.

I endorse it.

You like the dog whistles. Figured as much.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By SargentD

@LJS9502_basic: what dog whistle? Where?

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38677 Posts

@tjandmia said:
@kathaariancode said:

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

Trump's casual racism still going unchecked by his supporters.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts
@sargentd said:

Good for Trump calling him out and his wife.

Sorry he made fun of her name...could give a **** less.

No one cares or is surprised that you liked a racist comment. You have spent pages defending a white supremacists in the past

@HoolaHoopMan said:

Trump's casual racism still going unchecked by his supporters.

They actually like it.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 SargentD

@tjandmia: McConnell was never a hero to Trump's base. Those were Jeb Bush supporters lol

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By MirkoS77

@sargentd said:

@tjandmia: McConnell was never a hero to Trump's base. Those were Jeb Bush supporters lol

Just out of curiosity….do you believe racism is acceptable behavior based on context and personal disagreement?

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By SargentD

@MirkoS77: I believe some people have watered down the word racism to the point where now just being critical of someone or making fun of someone who happens to not be white can be called "racism".

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 mrbojangles25

@PurpleMan5000 said:

@MirkoS77: I guess I'd agree that it's about as subtle as saying someone who opposes you politically must have a death wish, in all caps, can be. I wouldn't say it's all that subtle, though.

I think he meant "career suicide", if anything. I do not believe he meant it as an actual, overt threat. You won't hear me calling Trump intelligent, but he has a cleverness and cunning that has kept him out of trouble.

@sargentd said:

Look into his business with Military equipment for the CCP. Look at the naval deals his wife had made with the CCP. McConnell has been selling out the country. Good for Trump calling him out and his wife.

Sorry he made fun of her name...could give a **** less. Weren't you guys call Trump Drumpf as a joke?? I'd hardly call it racism lol

You do realize Elaine Chow was a part of Trump's cabinet, and all that stuff occured prior to him hiring her. In other words, Trump hired her. What does that say of him? Poor judgement...

I agree, though; screw McConnell and Chow.

As for her name, is "Coco" racist? I don't understand that part of the message. Maybe a nickname, an inside joke we don't get? Whatever.

Concerning "Drumpf", yeah that was dumb, but it was making fun of his family's original German name. It's not racist. But yeah, that was petty of the left to do that, plenty of other terrible shit Trump did to make fun of and bring to light.

@sargentd said:

@MirkoS77: I believe some people have watered down the word racism to the point where now just being critical of someone or making fun of someone who happens to not be white can be called "racism".

Likewise, arguing that the word has been "watered down" is a way to diminish actual racism.

If only there was a way to avoid it altogether. HMmmmmm...

...maybe...no. Well, maybe we could just be better people? Hold our public officials to a higher standard? Elect people that represent good values?

No, that's asking too much.

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Nirgal

@sargentd: no dude, that is a very direct mockery of her due to her ethnicity.

This has everything to do with race.

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Nirgal

@mrbojangles25: you are completely missing the point I am referring to the deliberate mispronunciation of her name (Chao) as chow for comedic purposes.

It also includes vague associations to the CCP without any proof based only on her ethnicity (even though her family is from Taiwan)

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 LJS9502_basic

@sargentd said:

That wasn't watered down and it was racist. But I see that you're okay with that. You'd have to be since trump has been racist for decades and made no secret of it, yet you support that.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 MirkoS77

@sargentd said:

That dodges my question, but I tend to somewhat agree the term has been overly claimed in instances that stretch its definition.

But not here. In this instance, the implication is clear. Trump is obviously attempting to denigrate Chao by mocking her name in a form that appeals to racist inclinations.

…..and to insult or belittle someone by appealing to their race in a derogatory context is racist.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16539 Posts

we aren't on good terms with the chinese. It wasn't that great before covid, but covid just sank their entire country to an all time low. We need to pull out massively from that country as payback for covid. We can invest in India instead. At least india is democratic, and indians don't eat things like bats and rats and other infested animals on a wide scale.

The good thing about india is that almost 40% of their entire population is vegetarians, so even if their population is massive, you don't have to worry about some crazy disease spreading from that country.

Just as bad, the chinese are killing off elephants in africa to such an extent that elephants don't even have tusks anymore...the elephant populations been genetically altered to select for tuskless elephants. All because of some chinese that thinks the elephant tusk will give them a stronger erection. Its not just elephants but a bunch of other endangered animals. To be fair, this issue seems to be a problem not just in china but in the wider asian region. Just look at japan and how they kill sharks just for their fins. Or the dolphins, which are very intelligent species. Honestly, I can't say that we in the west are any better with respect to protecting animals, but we aren't doing it for the sake of some fantasy over pills. A huge chunk of this naturopathic eastern medicine is hot garbage.

Although we can't move every industry out of china, because of how deeply we're integrated with them, its time we start rolling the ball and moving operations. Biden is doing a great job at banning them from getting chips. Trump did FANTASTIC by getting the ball rolling.

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Nirgal

@blaznwiipspman1: dude, that has nothing to do with this post. Unless you are ridiculously assuming that every ethnic Chinese (even Americans) are somehow representatives of the Chinese government.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16539 Posts

@nirgal said:

@blaznwiipspman1: dude, that has nothing to do with this post. Unless you are ridiculously assuming that every ethnic Chinese (even Americans) are somehow representatives of the Chinese government.

to be honest, I don't see the chinese government itself as being that bad, its the chinese population that has issues. Just like we americans have an issue with gun violence, the chinese have issues of their own with the exotic diet, the fantasy of bs "naturopathic" medicine, killing endangered exotic animals just in vain. In both cases, theres a cultural issue and no matter how much the government tries to stop it or limit it, its not possible.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 SargentD

@nirgal: he gave her a nickname, so what?? Trump's been giving people nicknames for ever. What did he call her Coco?

That's racist? Was Trump displaying his hate for Chinese by calling Cocaine Mitch's wife Coco???

Which part of what Trump said is the Racist part? Can you break it down for me?

Sounds like to me people crying racism because someone who's Asian got picked on by Trump lol

Trump picks on everyone who cares

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Serraph105
@sargentd said:

@nirgal: he gave her a nickname, so what?? Trump's been giving people nicknames for ever. What did he call her Coco?

That's racist? Was Trump displaying his hate for Chinese by calling Cocaine Mitch's wife Coco???

Which part of what Trump said is the Racist part? Can you break it down for me?

Sounds like to me people crying racism because someone who's Asian got picked on by Trump lol

Trump picks on everyone who cares

Even if someone did break down the racism for you, would you honestly care?

Edit. Seriously, if someone explained it and your personal conclusion was, "Oh, I do see how this is racist, now it matters to me." ,Or, as I suspect, would it be just another thing you look past (kind of like how Trump, very presidentially, picks on everyone) because it's Trump and you want to see him get a second term.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By SargentD

@Serraph105: who are you kidding? you wont explain why it's racist because you can't. Because it's not lol He mocked someone's name, he used to mock Pete butteges name too.

You'd have a better case of claiming Trump was rude to Turtle Boys wife rather than claim he was racist towards her.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

@sargentd said:

Just like your problem with not liking George Soros without being called an anti-Semite?

Oh wait, I seem to remember you calling him a Nazi while posting propaganda supporting that claim.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Serraph105

@sargentd said:

@Serraph105: who are you kidding? you wont explain why it's racist because you can't. Because it's not lol He mocked someone's name, he used to mock Pete butteges name too.

You'd have a better case of claiming Trump was rude to Turtle Boys wife rather than claim he was racist towards her.

You could have just said that it wouldn't matter to you.