Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15569 Posts

@eoten said:
@horgen said:

Semi serious question. Should we say that Turmp has caught the China flu to honour his name for it? Or call it the Wuhan flu?

Trump catching it doesn't suddenly mean it didn't come from China. There's nothing inaccurate about calling it China flu or Wuhan flu.

Except that it's not a flu, and also whether the term is accurate or not is not the problem.

RatchetClank92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#102 RatchetClank92
Member since 2020 • 1342 Posts

I would not be the least bit surprised if he is lying and using this to avoid answering to his taxes and embarrassing himself more in future debates.

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 Drunk_PI
Member since 2014 • 3358 Posts

@mrbojangles25:

Disagreements are one thing. I would never wish ill will against anyone simply because I disagree with them politically and/or philosophically.

That being said, this is a man who has pursued reckless policies and forwarded misleading news on the virus, while thousands are infected and thousands are dead, and much, much more.

You know what I think? It doesn't matter that he has it or not. He has the graces and privileges that most Americans aren't guaranteed, i.e. healthcare and money. Thousands are dead and thousands more are infected. They lack access to healthcare, lost their jobs, some are worst off despite their recovery, or they died. And what did the Trump Administration and the GOP congress do? They fiddled around, gave a small handout, and pretended it wasn't a big deal.

Trump doesn't have my sympathy and I have no remorse for what might happen. If these voters are scared of what I say, or similar to what others are saying, yet aren't more scared of having no healthcare, no jobs, and getting infected and dying of it because they don't have the connections and healthcare, they're a bunch of idiots. Prove me otherwise. It's literally their lives hanging on a thread because of the Trump Administration's inability to lead.

This is why you don't elect a unpatriotic, failed con artist/has-been celebrity into office who's more interested in protecting his brand and sucking up to dictators than actually giving a damn about America.

Avatar image for deactivated-610a70a317506
deactivated-610a70a317506

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 deactivated-610a70a317506
Member since 2017 • 658 Posts

@thegreatchomp said:

What would happen if both Trump and Pence died? How would the election go?

(I’m not wishing death Trump fans, I’m just curious)

If Trump dies, Pence becomes POTUS. He can then appoint a new VP, but that person must be confirmed by simple majorities in both houses of Congress before they can be sworn in.

If Pence gets a new VP sworn in, then Pence dies, the new VP becomes POTUS

If Pence dies before he can get his new VP sworn in, then Nancy Pelosi becomes POTUS.

So, if Trump dies Nancy can block confirmation of Pence's appointed VP replacement, and then wait and hope Pence dies so she can become POTUS.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8414 Posts

@horgen said:
@super600 said:

Hopefully he recovers from the virus and I hope his family is doing okay. If I am correct trump can not do any in person campaign events until he recovers. This means that at worst he can't campaign outside of the white house for the next month.

He might not even have energy to campaign at all.

Keep in mind he also does not like to be portrayed as weak. He will do something one way or another. I bet you if he really does not have the energy to finish his campaign in time he'll resurface his attempts to delay the election or double-down on not accepting the results (should he lose) and call for fraudulence.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#107 Eoten
Member since 2020 • 8671 Posts

@comeonman said:
@thegreatchomp said:

What would happen if both Trump and Pence died? How would the election go?

(I’m not wishing death Trump fans, I’m just curious)

If Trump dies, Pence becomes POTUS. He can then appoint a new VP, but that person must be confirmed by simple majorities in both houses of Congress before they can be sworn in.

If Pence gets a new VP sworn in, then Pence dies, the new VP becomes POTUS

If Pence dies before he can get his new VP sworn in, then Nancy Pelosi becomes POTUS.

So, if Trump dies Nancy can block confirmation of Pence's appointed VP replacement, and then wait and hope Pence dies so she can become POTUS.

And the next civil war begins because the American people wouldn't stand for that kind of overt power grab by Pelosi. Nor would the military.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#108 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41533 Posts

Hard to be sympathetic for many reasons.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

@Serraph105 said:
@MirkoS77 said:

I'd be inclined to agree Trump were lying, but in order to swallow it I'd have to be willing to tread into borderline conspiracy-theory territory. Claiming diagnosis isn't something that Trump can just make up. People will be testing him, others will be diagnosing him, his wife would have to go along with it. It's not a lie that only one would be responsible for pushing.

And even if it would not be below Trump to disrespect and exploit all those who've passed due to COVID in lying about having it himself, I'd think at least someone with a conscience would step up and say he hasn't been tested/diagnosed. If he lied and it got out, that would be the end for him. I doubt even the worst of his base would defend that.

Eh, who am I kidding? Of course they would.

Your idea hinges on the notion that people running a presidential campaign can't or won't coordinate a plan that involves getting behind and supporting a lie, a lie that only really has to be kept for all of a month's time. A family doctor, private medical records, and a quiet agreement among Trump team members and Melania would all that would be required to make it happen. Plus, Trump is currently projected to be losing, a hail mary plan like this might work or it might not, but the status quo isn't worth preserving if you are losing.

*sigh* and again, Trump lies so much that mistrust is my default when it comes to him. I really want nothing more than to just enjoy a small feeling of "karma's a bitch, huh?" but I can't even do that thanks to all the previous lies from him and his administration.

.....and this is nothing I disagree with, save one thing: the abhorrence and degree of the lie. You don't sound like you're grasping the gravitas of it. Again, Trump may be so morally bankrupt he's willing to leverage hundreds of thousands of dead and millions affected by this pandemic for his own personal and political gain. Could I believe that about Trump? Sure. Could I believe those surrounding him would enable and do this without any ethical compunction?

That's a much harder sell to me. The implication of such a lie is beyond horrific. I can't prove, but I suspect, Trump to be a sociopath, but I'm not convinced those around him are. It's not an issue of me trusting Trump, as it is still holding faith that those surrounding him still hold some semblance of empathy and humanity.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38677 Posts

@jeezers said:
@comp_atkins said:

@jeezers: the US rate has dropped from earlier in the summer. steady around 3% now for a while.

and that's of the people tested, most asymptomatic people never get tested

well, we can't track statistics on data we don't have, can we?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By LJS9502_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

For those of wondering if he really has it.........see how many of the WH staff are quarantined. That should tell you.

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts

trump is already showing symptoms he is not asymptomatic. It could get very bad from here.

Avatar image for deactivated-620299e29a26a
deactivated-620299e29a26a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 deactivated-620299e29a26a
Member since 2010 • 1490 Posts

I'm willing to bet it's a lie to distract people from his tax returns/toddler tantrum debate/covid response/ lack of flat out denouncing white supremacy and try to get a pity party going for him.

If it's not a lie, one could say one of two things:

"It is what it is.."

Or

"I don't care, do you?"

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 deactivated-610a70a317506

@comp_atkins said:
@jeezers said:
@comp_atkins said:

@jeezers: the US rate has dropped from earlier in the summer. steady around 3% now for a while.

No, but a rational person can understand that without all the pertinent data, the resulting statistic is not entirely accurate.

And in this particular case, it seems obvious that the missing data, i.e. infected non-tested asymptomatic people, can only make that 3% number lower because those untested people will add to the denominator, not the numerator.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#116 Eoten
Member since 2020 • 8671 Posts

@comeonman said:
@comp_atkins said:
@jeezers said:
@comp_atkins said:

No, but a rational person can understand that without all the pertinent data, the resulting statistic is not entirely accurate.

And in this particular case, it seems obvious that the missing data, i.e. infected non-tested asymptomatic people, can only make that 3% number lower because those untested people will add to the denominator, not the numerator.

Logic and math defeats a lot of emotional arguments.

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By tenaka2

@eoten said:

So you would think, but people still claim trump is a good businessman despite the factual evidence of his tax returns ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 jaydan

Notre Dame president tests positive after attending Barrett event with Trump

I'm pretty sure we're gonna start to see the fallout of this event and a lot more people will be coming out to confirm they've also been infected.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 Vaasman
@eoten said:
@comeonman said:

Considering the basis of your quoted comment is rooted in guesswork and assumption, I find this statement to be ridiculous.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36040 Posts

@tenaka2: "trump is already showing symptoms he is not asymptomatic. It could get very bad from here."

What evidence is there for this? I'm incredibly curious.

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By tenaka2

@Serraph105 said:

@tenaka2: "trump is already showing symptoms he is not asymptomatic. It could get very bad from here."

Trump has been airlifted to hospital now.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-54396670

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 MirkoS77

Yeah, headed to Walter Reed hospital. This doesn’t sound good. Says precautionary measures, but he’s probably showing concerning symptoms if he’s headed there.

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 tenaka2

@MirkoS77 said:

Yeah, headed to Walter Reed hospital. This doesn’t sound good. Says precautionary measures, but he’s probably showing concerning symptoms if he’s headed there.

At least Melania is OK.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 MirkoS77

@tenaka2: 😂

What is it with you and Melania? Crush?

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#128 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

@jaydan said:
@horgen said:
@super600 said:

Hopefully he recovers from the virus and I hope his family is doing okay. If I am correct trump can not do any in person campaign events until he recovers. This means that at worst he can't campaign outside of the white house for the next month.

Keep in mind he also does not like to be portrayed as weak. He will do something one way or another. I bet you if he really does not have the energy to finish his campaign in time he'll resurface his attempts to delay the election or double-down on not accepting the results (should he lose) and call for fraudulence.

He already shows sign of weakness. His last rally was shorter than normal.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 deactivated-610a70a317506

@Vaasman said:
@eoten said:
@comeonman said:

Considering the basis of your quoted comment is rooted in guesswork and assumption, I find this statement to be ridiculous.

You need to expand on your reasoning for calling my statement guesswork and assumption. It's not even math, it's simple arithmetic.

The 3% number is derived by dividing the number of infected people that died, by the total number of infected people. People who have not been identified as infected, but actually are infected but did not die, can only make the total number of people infected bigger while not adding to the total number of people that died, hence making the result of the formula smaller, not bigger.

Do you believe that every infected person has been counted? If not, and you accept that there are people that should count in the divisor of that equation, how can you not see that the 3% number is an overstated figure vis a vie the Covid mortality rate?

We will probably never know how overstated, but logic dictates that it is.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fab1400b2fcc
deactivated-5fab1400b2fcc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 deactivated-5fab1400b2fcc
Member since 2020 • 2126 Posts

@MirkoS77: He could do worse.

As for Trump......He gets no sympathy from me. Nobody that had killed over 200k people and rising via bad polices and drives an entire nation into the ground, plus emboldens racists and attacks democracy deserves sympathy.

Wishing death is one thing, nobody is doing that. But not giving a &@$! if they die is another.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#131 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10436 Posts

bbc reporter outside the white house saying the thing particularly concerning is there's extensive medical facilities at the white house with doctors and nurses working 24/7

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 LJS9502_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@MirkoS77 said:

Eh they haven't taken him yet so it's not like it's necessary to hurry. At his age and position I can see that they'd want him to be close in case. On the other hand they aren't always forthcoming but I do believe the precautions. Wonder how long he had it.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#133 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17859 Posts

What a twist.

/shamalamadingdong

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

@comeonman said:
@Vaasman said:
@eoten said:
@comeonman said:

You need to expand on your reasoning for calling my statement guesswork and assumption. It's not even math, it's simple arithmetic.

The 3% number is derived by dividing the number of infected people that died, by the total number of infected people. People who have not been identified as infected, but actually are infected but did not die, can only make the total number of people infected bigger while not adding to the total number of people that died, hence making the result of the formula smaller, not bigger.

Do you believe that every infected person has been counted? If not, and you accept that there are people that should count in the divisor of that equation, how can you not see that the 3% number is an overstated figure vis a vie the Covid mortality rate?

There is an excess death as well not counted for.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 jaydan

@horgen said:
@jaydan said:
@horgen said:
@super600 said:

He already shows sign of weakness. His last rally was shorter than normal.

Well, it is a no-brainer that falling ill will make one physically weak; I'm trying to say: his narcissism, he hates the very portrayal of his persona to come off as weak. I'm pretty sure despite being physically weak he's going to do whatever he can to portray himself as the tough guy he loves to portray.

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 tenaka2

@MirkoS77 said:

@tenaka2: 😂

What is it with you and Melania? Crush?

No, if Melania died or got seriously ill trump would get a big sympathy vote.

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 SUD123456
Member since 2007 • 6949 Posts

Does one commonly give an experimental treatment/drug that is in trials and not approved for use to the POTUS for minor symptoms? Cause that's what they just said 30 mins ago.

What's next? Hydroxychloroquine? Bleach?

It's just a little flu. What's there to worry about?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 deactivated-5fab1400b2fcc

@tenaka2: Exactly. That’s why I said it was racist, it’s being used to dehumanize a whole group of people.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By Vaasman

@comeonman said:
@Vaasman said:

So, when extrapolating the danger of this virus, we should use the hypothetical data that more people have no symptoms than do and more people have it and don't know than have been tested, but we should not use the data that's showing we are abnormally high on unaccounted deaths this year which suggests covid is also killing more than have been tested.

Yes, yes, what sound logic you have brought to the table. Can't wait to build our national policy on biased hypothesis.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 MirkoS77

This sure sounds like one hell of a Democratic hoax.

If Trump does end up passing from this (which I’m still highly doubtful he will), it will be one of the biggest ironies I’ve ever seen. If he fights a serious case and survives, one can only hope it will have hammered into him some empathy and compassion and his tune and priorities will completely shift. One can only hope.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36040 Posts

@tenaka2 said:
@Serraph105 said:

Trump has been airlifted to hospital now.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-54396670

Wow, I'm gonna say I was wrong in that case. Good. I'm actually relieved to be wrong.

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 tenaka2

@eoten said:

Christ, some of you guys are really deep into the fake news. Who told you people thought the virus didn't exist? Certainly not anyone on the right. Must be some bullshit you read online or something.

Wrong again

https://edition.cnn.com/videos/politics/2020/09/11/trump-rally-attendees-michigan-ctn-vpx.cnn

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 jaydan

@tenaka2 said:
@eoten said:

Christ, some of you guys are really deep into the fake news. Who told you people thought the virus didn't exist? Certainly not anyone on the right. Must be some bullshit you read online or something.

Wrong again

https://edition.cnn.com/videos/politics/2020/09/11/trump-rally-attendees-michigan-ctn-vpx.cnn

Now that's some South Park level shit there.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16539 Posts

I wonder if trump will try his own treatments, bleach and chloroquine. He was talking about it for a while

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By deactivated-5fab1400b2fcc

@zaryia: THATS a great name for it! Funny and clever with a good commentary on Trumps screw up! Most of all, it attacks one person and not a whole group that didn’t do anything wrong!

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19570 Posts

My bet is that Trump is faking this, and will use it as a platform to announce his miracle covid vaccine just before election day.

I sincerely hope I am wrong.

claymoreman23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 claymoreman23
Member since 2019 • 302 Posts

just went to the hospital. God Bless America ,hopefully he'll get a vaccine or something.