Scott Walker goes down! Also the Dems picked up 7 governor seats last night.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36040 Posts

I've been waiting to see this happen for several election cycles and was one of my pet hopes of the night. If you don't remember, Walker spent his time in office weakening unions by taking away collective bargaining rights.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/07/politics/wisconsin-governor-scott-walker-tony-evers/index.html

To add on to that, the Dems picked up 7 governor seats last night which was more than when I went to bed. So that's pretty cool.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/elections/live_results/2018/governor/

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

@Serraph105 said:

I've been waiting to see this happen for several election cycles and was one of my pet hopes of the night. If you don't remember, Walker spent his time in office weakening unions by taking away collective bargaining rights.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/07/politics/wisconsin-governor-scott-walker-tony-evers/index.html

To add on to that, the Dems picked up 7 governor seats last night which was more than when I went to bed. So that's pretty cool.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/elections/live_results/2018/governor/

It's good to see things more balanced. I think Democrats lost overall last night, but i'm glad they gained some ground.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@n64dd said:

It's good to see things more balanced. I think Democrats lost overall last night, but i'm glad they gained some ground.

How do you lose when you gain?

bigfootpart2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 bigfootpart2
Member since 2013 • 1131 Posts

It was a mixed bag for Dems. The Senate was a big loss. They also bombed in Florida, which is a critical swing state.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 N64DD

@LJS9502_basic said:
@n64dd said:

Democrats were expecting to obtain a lot more. AKA the whole blue wave movement.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 LJS9502_basic

@n64dd said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@n64dd said:

Democrats were expecting to obtain a lot more. AKA the whole blue wave movement.

They still didn't lose. They had gains.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 N64DD

@LJS9502_basic said:
@n64dd said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@n64dd said:

Your damage control is cute.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50558 Posts

@LJS9502_basic: Dude, you know what he's saying. Stop...

bigfootpart2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By bigfootpart2
Member since 2013 • 1131 Posts
@LJS9502_basic said:
@n64dd said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@n64dd said:

They have a simple majority in the house. It gives them some say now in what goes on, but this is far from the Blue Wave they were wanting.

Losing the governorship and senate in FL is a huge loss though. FL is critical to winning the presidency. Doesn't bode well for them in 2020.

The governorships they did win were in unimportant flyover places like Kansas. FL is more important than all of those places combined basically.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 N64DD

@bigfootpart2 said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@n64dd said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@n64dd said:

They have a simple majority in the house. It gives them some say now in what goes on, but this is far from the Blue Wave they were wanting.

Losing the governorship and senate in FL is a huge loss though. FL is critical to winning the presidency. Doesn't bode well for them in 2020.

The governorships they did win were in unimportant flyover places like Kansas. FL is more important than all of those places combined basically.

+1

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

Everyone I voted for in MN won which is good, however its disappointing to see the 1st district go red (most likely). Scott Walker going down is great considering all the crap he's done over the border, including that Foxcon disaster. Overall, the democrats did well but the loss of the Senators was bad. The fact that they were moderates doesn't sit well with me...almost like another nail in the coffin for bipartisanship. Also, looking at the demographics from the votes last night, it shows how wide the gap between the parties is on education/race/gender. Whites with a college degree voted blue by more than 20 points, while this number actually swung the other way back in the early 90s (per 538). The Rural/Urban divide is growing bigger and bigger.

If FL had gone blue I would probably say dems had a solid wave, however, it didn't. 70/30 split on wins last night but the house is a good win. Dems now control the ability to stop legislature and gained subpoena power. Taking control of WI/PA was big considering Trump won them in 2016 by narrow margins and it seems that a bottom up approach is the key to winning in the long term. Control state legislatures and the rest will follow. It worked for the GOP in many ways.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 LJS9502_basic

@Chutebox said:

Yeah I know what's he's saying. He's damage controlling.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 N64DD

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Chutebox said:

Your side stated something, it didn't come true. i'm calling everyone out. suck it.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

Even Van Jones was in disbelief with his "heartbreaking" comments after last night.

Avatar image for deactivated-6068afec1b77d
deactivated-6068afec1b77d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15 deactivated-6068afec1b77d
Member since 2017 • 2539 Posts

My state went blue after being red with the governer. The only reason my state isn't red is because we have a major city which outputs the Republicans.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts
@bigfootpart2 said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@n64dd said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@n64dd said:

Felons also had their voting rights restored in Florida, I wonder how that's going to play out in 2020? Hmmmm...

And are you seriously using the phrase flyover states? Come on.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 N64DD

@theone86 said:
@bigfootpart2 said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@n64dd said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Felons also had their voting rights restored in Florida, I wonder how that's going to play out in 2020? Hmmmm...

Trump will win in 2020. The blue wave was a complete bust.

Nick3306

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Nick3306
Member since 2007 • 3429 Posts
@n64dd said:
@theone86 said:
@bigfootpart2 said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@n64dd said:

Trump will win in 2020. The blue wave was a complete bust.

Whatever helps you sleep at night my man.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 LJS9502_basic

@n64dd said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@Chutebox said:

Your side stated something, it didn't come true. i'm calling everyone out. suck it.

My side? No one speaks for me but myself. Like I said.........gains are NOT loses. No matter how much you need a safe space.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

@n64dd said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@n64dd said:

The election mostly went as the polls predicted.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 N64DD

@LJS9502_basic said:
@n64dd said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@Chutebox said:

My side? No one speaks for me but myself. Like I said.........gains are NOT loses. No matter how much you need a safe space.

Stop trolling brah.