Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts

For those not familiar

"/r/The_Donald is a subreddit on Reddit where the participants create discussions and memes supportive of U.S. presidentDonald Trump.[1][2] Initially created in June 2015 following the announcement of Trump's presidential campaign, the community has grown to over 700,000 subscribers and, as of September 2017,[needs update] is ranked as one of the most active communities on Reddit.[3][4][5]"

Apparently 2 days ago media matters did a story on the sub reddit>>>>> https://www.mediamatters.org/research/2019/06/24/A-pro-Trump-subreddit-is-full-of-calls-for-violence-in-support-of-Oregon-Republicans/224018

Tim pool just covered it, happened today. >https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50nPHVTXuZY

On the first day of the democratic debates... this is stupid. Censorship is bs, thoughts?

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17859 Posts

When you openly discuss assassination and murder, don't be surprised when you get a reaction.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3  Edited By judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7270 Posts

Yeah, I don't like seeing this stuff taken down. A group you don't like may be shut out today, but tomorrow it may be one you do. People kind of expect Reddit to be a cespool of garbage anyway.

Now that said, people also need to understand that websites are private entities and not some kind of public forum with 1st amendment protections. Reddit's primary obligation is to make money. Anything they deem counterproductive to that goal is at risk of being removed. It may be time for right wing groups to start their own website with forums that allow any and all comments. They could fund themselves through donations like wikipedia to keep external advertisers from exerting influece over their content.

Or you could just keep whining. That's fun too.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

@br0kenrabbit said:

When you openly discuss assassination and murder, don't be surprised when you get a reaction.

No shit. Reddit is a private entity. Go cry 'freedom of speech' somewhere else. The educated here understand the context of the amendment. A bunch of cry baby self-made victims are sad they can't spread hate speech on other people's time or property with no recourse.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 br0kenrabbit

@judaspete said:

Yeah, I don't like seeing this stuff taken down. A group you don't like may be shut out today, but tomorrow it may be one you do. People kind of expect Reddit to be a cespool of garbage anyway.

Discussing ideology is one thing, calling for shooting cops and democrats is criminal.

How is that difficult to understand?

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

The subreddit The_Donald was “quarantined” after users posted threats of violence against police officers and politicians in Oregon, administrators said.

derrrr

Republicans still confused why they get banned for spamming the N word or saying how they want to kill people.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By jeezers

@br0kenrabbit said:
@judaspete said:

Discussing ideology is one thing, calling for shooting cops and democrats is criminal.

this was the sub pages response

This is currently the most popular post

and this one is pretty popular since he made him self popular while trying to get crowder banned on youtube. Media Matters wrote the hit piece 2 days ago.

Media Matters for America (MMfA) is a progressive[2][3]501(c)(3), nonprofit organization, with the mission of "comprehensively monitoring, analyzing, and correcting conservative misinformation in the U.S. media."[2][4] MMfA was founded in 2004 by journalist and political activist David Brock as a counterweight to the conservative Media Research Center.[5] It is known for its aggressive criticism of conservative journalists and media outlets, including its "War on Fox News."[6][7]

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

Democrats being tolerant by banning peoples freedom of speech per usual.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Zaryia
@n64dd said:

@jeezers said:
@br0kenrabbit said:
@judaspete said:

this was the sub pages response

This is currently the most popular post

and this one is pretty popular since he made him self popular while trying to get crowder banned on youtube. Media Matters wrote the hit piece 2 days ago.

Media Matters for America (MMfA) is a progressive[2][3]501(c)(3), nonprofit organization, with the mission of "comprehensively monitoring, analyzing, and correcting conservative misinformation in the U.S. media."[2][4] MMfA was founded in 2004 by journalist and political activist David Brock as a counterweight to the conservative Media Research Center.[5] It is known for its aggressive criticism of conservative journalists and media outlets, including its "War on Fox News."[6][7]

They violated the TOS/Policy by threatening to violence against people. End of discussion.

You two have absolutely no argument.

“Recent behaviors including threats against the police and public figures is content that is prohibited by our violence policy,” a Reddit spokesperson said in a statement. “As a result, we have actioned individual users and quarantined the subreddit."

Over the last few months we have observed repeated rule-breaking behavior in your community and an over-reliance on Reddit admins to manage users and remove posts that violate our content policy, including content that encourages or incites violence. Most recently, we have observed this behavior in the form of encouragement of violence towards police officers and public officials in Oregon. This is not only in violation of our site-wide policies, but also your own community rules (rule #9). You can find violating content that we removed in your mod logs.

As we have discussed in the past, and as detailed in our content policy and moderator guidelines, we expect you to enforce against rule-breaking content. You’ve made progress over the last year, but we continue to observe and take action on a disproportionate amount of rule-breaking behavior in this community. We recognize that you do remove posts that are reported, but we are troubled that violent content more often goes unreported, and worse, is upvoted.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58305 Posts

@n64dd said:

Republicans being delicate snowflakes and victims by saying their calls of violence are simply freedom of speech.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15569 Posts

Since you're a shitpost troll who evidently doesn't know anything about reddit, let's make this perfectly clear. A quarantine means they close it to bot accounts and limit new subscriptions and exposure on the main pages. It doesn't mean the posters have to stop using it forever. The people there can still use it, and still post elsewhere on reddit. No one is being censored, they're being punished as a board for allowing multiple violations of the ToS. And subreddits such as /r/conservative are still untouched. So cut the bullshit about censorship.

At any rate though this is a good thing. T_D is a cesspool of bots and astroturfing that has been encouraging harassment and exploiting the sites upvoting system for years, while banning users for even the slightest dissent against their cancerous rhetoric. If anything, the real problem is that it wasn't cracked down upon sooner. Reddit has been, if anything, far too tolerant with T_D, when they have outright permalocked similar subreddit or their communities for threats, harassment, and hate speech.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 jeezers

@n64dd: yeah they are only tolerent of themselves, its ok tho it will bite them in the ass.

I dont even use reddit, reddit is ?.

But having media matters in desperate attack mode is funny. I'm sure they were terrified reading the donald sub reddit comments, truly terrified for thier lives, oooggabbooogaaa, 2019 digital book burners lol

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36040 Posts

@jeezers said:

On the first day of the democratic debates... this is stupid. Censorship is bs, thoughts?

That sub is a flaming dung hill of misinformation driven by people who's only interest in politics and government is to "own the libs". Also the mods on that sub censor anyone who says anything negative about the president.

Lebowski1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Lebowski1
Member since 2005 • 91 Posts

Gotta love the sheer spitting rage of the anti-free speech brigade. Not creepy AT ALL.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By br0kenrabbit

@n64dd said:

Sometimes I can swear you're 12.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7270 Posts

@zaryia: You are always great about cutting through all the BS and going strait to the primary source with these stories. I've learned a lot from your posts these past few years. Thanks.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Zaryia
@Lebowski1 said:

Gotta love the sheer spitting rage of the anti-free speech brigade. Not creepy AT ALL.

No free speech is disabled in a quarantine. Next time they should follow Reddit's clear RULES and not threaten people with violence.

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#19  Edited By vl4d_l3nin
Member since 2013 • 3700 Posts

I want to see evidence. Calls for violence against the police get banned almost immediately. Just talking bad about cops will get you downvoted.

Anyone who has used the sub in any amount of regularity knows this is smells like bull. ALL we have is Reddits word, and people are lapping it up, cause orange man bad.

Lebowski1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Lebowski1
Member since 2005 • 91 Posts

@zaryia: "No free speech is disabled in a quarantine. Next time they should follow Reddit's clear RULES and not threaten people with violence."

You mean like the violent Leftist anarchist/Antifa reddit group/s which openly discuss battle tactics for fighting people on the streets? I read through it myself, will get you a link if you'd like. I highly doubt it has been quarantined.

You could also provide evidence for The Donald's support of violent provocation. Fact is, big tech openly lies in order to censor its political enemies. Such as in the clear case of Tommy Robinson's removal from facebook. They listed a bunch of things he'd supposedly did, including calling for the killing of Muslims, without providing evidence, which is absurd as an offence of that kind would have been extremely high profile and would have resulted in an IMMEDIATE banning, rather than this delayed ban where it was added to a dossier of other offences.

But you guys just love big tech and mindlessly trust it. Yay for the corporations amirite.

(Also Quarantine limits the groups reach and is therefore a degree of censorship. But this isnt an isolated case, far from it, it's part of a clear trend. Government regulation is obviously required now.)

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 br0kenrabbit

@Lebowski1 said:

You could also provide evidence for The Donald's support of violent provocation.

Loading Video...

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Vaasman
@vl4d_l3nin said:

I want to see evidence. Calls for violence against the police get banned almost immediately. Just talking bad about cops will get you downvoted.

Anyone who has used the sub in any amount of regularity knows this is smells like bull. ALL we have is Reddits word, and people are lapping it up, cause orange man bad.

50 times T_D has called for violence or sitewide rulebreaking.

Multiple instances of asking for execution of the acting secretary of the DHS

I don't know who you're kidding but anyone who uses reddit knows this happens. Some posts get deleted, not all of them, and regardless, condoning a community that encourages violence regularly is against reddit's ToS.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 br0kenrabbit

@Vaasman said:

I don't know who you're kidding but anyone who uses reddit knows this happens.

The reichwing has their head so far up their asses the only light they can see is what's streaming in through their flapping lips. You can't reason with them because they are not reasonable. They're like a chemical reaction: no thought just fire.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#24  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

@br0kenrabbit said:
@Vaasman said:

I don't know who you're kidding but anyone who uses reddit knows this happens.

The reichwing has their head so far up their asses the only light they can see is what's streaming in through their flapping lips. You can't reason with them because they are not reasonable. They're like a chemical reaction: no thought just fire.

You can't reason with them because you ban them everywhere. XD I hope they don't actually ban them. It would set things up for escalation.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 br0kenrabbit

@KungfuKitten said:

You can't reason with them because you ban them everywhere. XD

It's a work in progress.

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#26 vl4d_l3nin
Member since 2013 • 3700 Posts

@Vaasman: I'm sorry, where in that list is there any death threats to the police? Cause I don't see any. Just a bunch of hot air.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By br0kenrabbit

@vl4d_l3nin said:

@Vaasman: I'm sorry, where in that list is there any death threats to the police? Cause I don't see any. Just a bunch of hot air.

Daklure 53 points - 1 day ago Hopefully all State Police in Oregon refuse, hes serious. No problems shooting a cop trying to strip rights from Citizens. If he calls for help I'd come.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Vaasman
@vl4d_l3nin said:

lol what so no rebuttal for multiple calls for violence across the community of their board? Sure, granted, I haven't yet found the literal straw that broke the camel's back in this instance. But where is your defense for these multiple calls of violence from multiple users? Or defense for their brigading, subreddit invasion, and other marked rules violations? Where is your defense for banning literally any user who doesn't agree with their Trump-based shitposting? Need I remind you reddit has outright banned subreddits for this kind of material or less, and they got slapped with a mere quarantine, and you are still bitching?

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38677 Posts

LOL what are all the folks who peaked in high school going to do now?

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

@n64dd said:

Troll behaviour. By now you should know what not to say.

Honestly surprised it took Reddit this long. And T_D is all about free speech as long as you agree with them.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

@horgen: trolls are the worst!

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

@comp_atkins said:

LOL what are all the folks who peaked in high school going to do now?

They can still post there. It just doesn't show up in normal searches I think, as well as the quarantine warning coming when you try to enter the sub.

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts

Nazi subreddit page, nothing was lost.