Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

User Lists: 0

#1 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/09/16/new-york-times-brett-kavanaugh-book-1498153

---

"The Times revealed a fresh allegation of sexual misconduct by Kavanaugh while a student at Yale University in a Sunday Review piece by reporters Robin Pogrebin and Kate Kelly, who are co-authors of the new book, rather than through a traditional news story. In addition, the authors omitted a key piece of information — the fact that the alleged victim of the incident didn’t remember it — and the Times promoted the piece with a shockingly tone-deaf tweet."

---

So the NYT tweets that it was harmless fun (having a penis shoved in someone's face), then later deleted the tweet, then corrects their story to include the victim doesn't even recall the incident. Granted they failed to mention the "witness" is a former Clinton lawyer...

NYT has been the subject of many questions recently, especially when they tweeted (and deleted) planes were to blame for 9/11 and their Mao Zedong tweet. What's going on in New York?

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

When I saw other sources report what the NYT left out of their story I did a double take. Malpractice.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36040 Posts

Can we get a link to the Times Article that is being ridiculed? I don't know, it kind of seems important.

Also, what exactly are these new allegations against Brett Kavanaugh?

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4  Edited By jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts

@Serraph105: something about kavenaugh being wasted and one of his friends grabbed his junk and put it in a girls hand, the wierd thing about the allegation, is it sounds like kav was the victim lol

I think the whole thing is bullshit any way, lazy reporting by NYT on this one.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50557 Posts

This is the "report" that got dems crying for his impeachment? Lol...

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts

@Chutebox: yeah I believe AOC is still calling for kavs impeachment even after the story was retracted...wild times.

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#7 vl4d_l3nin
Member since 2013 • 3700 Posts

People are just going to feel bad for the guy at this point.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#8 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts

@Chutebox: Correct, although the Senate minority whip Dick Durbin told reporters that they were not going to go down that path as it was not realistic and basically looks bad to even try.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58305 Posts

Sorry I know it's insensitive, but a drunk guy flashing you 20 years ago isn't a news worthy story or sexual assault. It's not rape and it's not traumatizing.

Still don't know why we are talking about this still...

Witch hunt, I guess?

I don't know, I think the time has come and gone to hold him accountable for what little he should have been held accountable for. I'm not the same person I was in college and I am sure Kavanaugh is not, either.

@jeezers said:

@Chutebox: yeah I believe AOC is still calling for kavs impeachment even after the story was retracted...wild times.

AOC needs to dial it down, I was really enjoying her attitude and "shake things up" policy, but of late she has devolved into just another SJW. The world has enough of those, thank you very much.

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ad1x2
Member since 2005 • 8430 Posts

You knew the story was fake news when even none of the forum's biggest anti-Trump posters created a thread talking about it. If it was believable we would already have a 200+ post thread talking about it.

Too bad the presidential candidates didn't do the same and a few even doubled down on the impeach Kavanaugh rhetoric after the retraction.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38677 Posts

it sounds as if they reported on the possibility of two incidents. one involving ramirez and a separate one involving another victim who later ( through friends ) says she does not recall the incident.

i agree, shit reporting. it's also shit reporting to say that ms. ramirez is the victim saying she does not recall the incident, as many have suggested.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

Sounds like they used every inch they could get to make something sensational. If that's the case I wonder why the NYT would care to keep people who could potentially harm their brand. Editors are supposed to be there to vet these things and make sure their reporters are following standards. Get rid of the editor and issue a statement about a lapse in journalistic integrity if that's the case.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#14 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

A hand out nobody asked for.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

Sorry I know it's insensitive, but a drunk guy flashing you 20 years ago isn't a news worthy story or sexual assault. It's not rape and it's not traumatizing.

I wouldn't claim it is "harmless" fun if not everyone was willing.

Granted I read it was getting a dick in your face for "fun", not simply getting flashed.

plageus900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#16 plageus900
Member since 2013 • 3065 Posts

I'm starting to worry about what the Democrats can bring to the table in 2020.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By mrbojangles25

@horgen said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

Granted I read it was getting a dick in your face for "fun", not simply getting flashed.

I wouldn't claim it harmless, either. But I wouldn't call it traumatizing as well.

And yeah dick in the face is pretty bad, it speaks volumes for the guy's character (or lack thereof).

But therein lies the problem: they've made this into a feminist, sexual abuse thing and not a "the guy is an asshole and unfit for the station" thing. They played the victim card when they should have gone on the offensive.

I mean this guy was crying in public, whining about being bullied, a frat-boy bro, and the best we could do was "he put a penis in my face"? There has to be more to this guy.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:
@horgen said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

I wouldn't claim it harmless, either. But I wouldn't call it traumatizing as well.

And yeah dick in the face is pretty bad, it speaks volumes for the guy's character (or lack thereof).

But therein lies the problem: they've made this into a feminist, sexual abuse thing and not a "the guy is an asshole and unfit for the station" thing. They played the victim card when they should have gone on the offensive.

I mean this guy was crying in public, whining about being bullied, a frat-boy bro, and the best we could do was "he put a penis in my face"? There has to be more to this guy.

That's acceptable to you?

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By mrbojangles25

@LJS9502_basic said:
@mrbojangles25 said:
@horgen said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

It's not acceptable or unacceptable. It's a "nothing burger", as the kids say these days.

People change. Sometimes the people we don't like change, and we are too petty to say "Hey he might not be such an asshole these days" because we'd rather hold on to that hate.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#20 texasgoldrush
Member since 2003 • 14899 Posts

@jeezers said:

But its Ayanna Pressley filing it.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

It's not acceptable or unacceptable. It's a "nothing burger", as the kids say these days.

People change. Sometimes the people we don't like change, and we are too petty to say "Hey he might not be such an asshole these days" because we'd rather hold on to that hate.

Sexual harassment should never be considered a nothing burger. Also character is important. He wasn't a child.

Though my comment was more to your attitude and less to his behavior.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@Stevo_the_gamer:

It's fake news.

CBS reveals 'the real bombshell' in Kavanaugh saga that unravels the biggest allegations — and it involves accusations of witness tampering by Ford allies

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#23 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

@ronvalencia said:

@Stevo_the_gamer:

It's fake news.

CBS reveals 'the real bombshell' in Kavanaugh saga that unravels the biggest allegations — and it involves accusations of witness tampering by Ford allies

Saw it the other day from a questionable source, but if CBS is now reporting it, damn.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#24 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts
@Serraph105 said:

Can we get a link to the Times Article that is being ridiculed? I don't know, it kind of seems important.

Also, what exactly are these new allegations against Brett Kavanaugh?

There is no new allegations, it was a smear piece by the NYT without any factual substance and without key evidence like "The "victim" does not even remember the incident"

But I guess in 2019 NYT has no journalists anymore but merely partisan hacks who will do anything to smear their political opponents

Which is to be fair no surprise considering the line of "unidentified sources" NYT is known for