Migrant Caravan Grows as it Continues Push Toward the United States.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#151 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

The US is sending 5,000 troops to the border. Here’s what they can and can’t do.

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#152 JimB
Member since 2002 • 3872 Posts

@tryit said:
@JimB said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@headtriphippie said:

@LJS9502_basic:

That is incorrect. A birth certificate is part of the required documentation to join the Army. You may have recieved a waiver for enlistment by providing additional citizenship documentation. It was required when I joined ('98). The documentation for noncitizens is different. The rules do change from time to time and there are waivers for just about everything but a quick Google search shows a birth certificate is currently part of the required paperwork. Also different companies require different documents (or non at all) to comply with citizenship verification laws. Calling him a liar is a bit of a leap.

I didn't currently join. Duh. And we're both talking roughly the same era so you're confused. Also I have family members recently hired they also did not have to provide a birth certificate. Just the SS card. For government work.

I am not confused as I have repeatedly stated the place where I applied for employment made me provide a birth certificate because of the immigration act of 1986. By 2001 no one was asking for proof of citizenship I only need my social security card for payroll purposes, the same reason I needed it in 1986.

I have been working since before 1986 and no, I dont recall ever having to show my birth certificate, but to be fair, I would not remember something like that from first job.

The institution I applied at required a birth certificate. I can't say what other employers did but this one did. If you red the law you were required to prove your proof of citizenship with a passport or some other documentation. I remember I was not happy I had been born in the United States served six years in the US Navy, my ancestors had fought with the colonial army during the Revolutionary War and now I had to prove I was an American citizen.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#153 TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts

@JimB said:
@tryit said:
@JimB said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@headtriphippie said:

@LJS9502_basic:

That is incorrect. A birth certificate is part of the required documentation to join the Army. You may have recieved a waiver for enlistment by providing additional citizenship documentation. It was required when I joined ('98). The documentation for noncitizens is different. The rules do change from time to time and there are waivers for just about everything but a quick Google search shows a birth certificate is currently part of the required paperwork. Also different companies require different documents (or non at all) to comply with citizenship verification laws. Calling him a liar is a bit of a leap.

I didn't currently join. Duh. And we're both talking roughly the same era so you're confused. Also I have family members recently hired they also did not have to provide a birth certificate. Just the SS card. For government work.

I am not confused as I have repeatedly stated the place where I applied for employment made me provide a birth certificate because of the immigration act of 1986. By 2001 no one was asking for proof of citizenship I only need my social security card for payroll purposes, the same reason I needed it in 1986.

I have been working since before 1986 and no, I dont recall ever having to show my birth certificate, but to be fair, I would not remember something like that from first job.

The institution I applied at required a birth certificate. I can't say what other employers did but this one did. If you red the law you were required to prove your proof of citizenship with a passport or some other documentation. I remember I was not happy I had been born in the United States served six years in the US Navy, my ancestors had fought with the colonial army during the Revolutionary War and now I had to prove I was an American citizen.

why would you be upset at having to proove that.

you think you just walking around has a glowing halo around your head as evidence that your ancestors had fought in the colonial army?

my ancestors goes back all the way to the first set of ships hitting this country, but I dont assume a halo over my head shows evidence of proof of that

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 JimB

@tryit said:
@JimB said:
@tryit said:
@JimB said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

you think you just walking around has a glowing halo around your head as evidence that your ancestors had fought in the colonial army?

my ancestors goes back all the way to the first set of ships hitting this country, but I dont assume a halo over my head shows evidence of proof of that

No halo, the fact that I have to prove I am a citizen because people choose to enter this country illegally ranks the same s all the hoops you have to go through to fly on a commercial airline because some people who overstayed on their flew airplanes into the Twin Towers and the Pentagon. Of course you oppose any reform to tighten up entry into the country.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 TryIt

@JimB said:
@tryit said:
@JimB said:
@tryit said:
@JimB said:

No halo, the fact that I have to prove I am a citizen because people choose to enter this country illegally ranks the same s all the hoops you have to go through to fly on a commercial airline because some people who overstayed on their flew airplanes into the Twin Towers and the Pentagon. Of course you oppose any reform to tighten up entry into the country.

dude you would have to proove it even if people came here only legally.

its not realistic to expect all people with zero exception and 100% pure accuracy will all be law abiding people walking around in this country with zero reason to proove their claims.

are you completely mad?

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 JimB

@tryit said:
@JimB said:
@tryit said:
@JimB said:
@tryit said:

its not realistic to expect all people with zero exception and 100% pure accuracy will all be law abiding people walking around in this country with zero reason to proove their claims.

are you completely mad?

Apparently you don't get it. The citizens of the US are the one being asked to change their way of living because of non Americans. We have given up privacy for security, we are forced to prove who we are, we have become suspicious of everything. We can't even secure our borders. We have given up a lot in the name of security and we still don't have security and our freedom is being sacrificed in the process.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178854 Posts

@JimB said:

Ah so you finally admit you were wrong when you made your experience a law.

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 JimB

@LJS9502_basic said:
@JimB said:

No, the law is pretty clear what you need to prove citizenship.

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 Drunk_PI
Member since 2014 • 3358 Posts

Should I be scared of illegal immigrants who are mostly men, women, and children who want to escape injustice from their home countries?

Or should I be scared of white supremacists shooting up churches and setting up bombs against every-day Americans?

This is too tough for me to decide but it seems to me that you got cuckservatives panicking over migrants while embracing terrorists and thugs, so yeah.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 LJS9502_basic

@JimB said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@JimB said:

No, the law is pretty clear what you need to prove citizenship.

And the law does not require a birth certificate. Which you stated above. You can't have it both ways dude.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 TryIt

@JimB said:
@tryit said:
@JimB said:
@tryit said:
@JimB said:

are you completely mad?

Apparently you don't get it. The citizens of the US are the one being asked to change their way of living because of non Americans. We have given up privacy for security, we are forced to prove who we are, we have become suspicious of everything. We can't even secure our borders. We have given up a lot in the name of security and we still don't have security and our freedom is being sacrificed in the process.

sorry but nobody under any condition gets to walk around with the assumption that they do not have to prove a claim they make

that is absurd.

nobody can just say 'I have Indian blood (like E Warren said) and just have people take it on faith'. Anymore then you are allowed to just state income on a IRS form and just have people take it on faith that its accurate, no you have to proove this stuff

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 JimB

@tryit said:
@JimB said:
@tryit said:
@JimB said:
@tryit said:

are you completely mad?

sorry but nobody under any condition gets to walk around with the assumption that they do not have to prove a claim they make

that is absurd.

nobody can just say 'I have Indian blood (like E Warren said) and just have people take it on faith'. Anymore then you are allowed to just state income on a IRS form and just have people take it on faith that its accurate, no you have to proove this stuff

Unless you are an illegal alien.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#163 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

What I don't understand is why these migrants' troubles are something the United States has to deal with.

If you have a shitty government, why don't you overthrow it en masse instead of travelling a ridiculous number of miles (through several other countries offering to take you in) just to knock at the US's border?

If you can't rule yourselves and make it work, then why do you want to go somewhere else?

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 Drunk_PI
Member since 2014 • 3358 Posts
@Ovirew said:

What I don't understand is why these migrants' troubles are something the United States has to deal with.

If you have a shitty government, why don't you overthrow it en masse instead of travelling a ridiculous number of miles (through several other countries offering to take you in) just to knock at the US's border?

If you can't rule yourselves and make it work, then why do you want to go somewhere else?

A lot of problems in Central and Southern America are the cause of U.S. policies (See Drug War policies, support for authoritarian dictatorships, etc).

A lack of protections and political representation makes it harder for people to actually act politically to enact change, especially if the majority is indifferent or even supportive of tyranny.

Revolutions are often bloody and messy. Never romantic, never nice. See the Syrian Civil war or any revolution for that matter. Family members and friends disappear, people get tortured and killed, family and friends become enemies by picking sides, things get murky. It's easy to be an armchair general and ask why they can't fight for revolution nevermind how difficult it is to spark one, yet alone maintain it, win it, and maintain the country itself.

Damedius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 Damedius
Member since 2010 • 737 Posts

@Ovirew said:

Oh you didn't hear. All white people are bad and responsible for all the wrong in the world. Because of this we must give all our money, jobs and countries to non white people.

If disagree you are a misogynist, racist, homophobe and literally Hitler.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By LJS9502_basic

@Damedius said:
@Ovirew said:

Oh you didn't hear. All white people are bad and responsible for all the wrong in the world. Because of this we must give all our money, jobs and countries to non white people.

Need a safe space I see............

Damedius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 Damedius

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Damedius said:
@Ovirew said:

Here is a list for you..

https://www.greatvaluecolleges.net/20-great-value-colleges-safe-spaces/

I'm sure you will find one that suits you.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 LJS9502_basic

@Damedius said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@Damedius said:
@Ovirew said:

Here is a list for you..

Except you're the one in here whining and crying..........

Damedius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 Damedius

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Damedius said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@Damedius said:
@Ovirew said:

Here is a list for you..

So saying something you disagree with is whining and crying now?

Sure you don't need a safe space? Or is this forum safe space and I'm disrupting it?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 LJS9502_basic

@Damedius said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Sure you don't need a safe space? Or is this forum safe space and I'm disrupting it?

No whining and crying is whining and crying. And you did. Man up.

Damedius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 Damedius

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Damedius said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

No whining and crying is whining and crying. And you did. Man up.

Damn we got a badass here boys. He doesn't tolerate no whining.

He is a man's man. The kind that spends all day on video game forums calling out whiners.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#172 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

The funny thing is they think coming to the US is a good idea.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#173 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@sonicare said:

are you claiming that life in America is horrible?

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 SUD123456
Member since 2007 • 6953 Posts

@Damedius said:
@Ovirew said:

Way to out yourself. Apparently, only white people in America would give up their money, jobs and country...lol. Because apparently America is a white country....double lol.

I suppose your upset with the decline of Sears because there will be fewer sheet sales.

Damedius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 Damedius

@SUD123456 said:
@Damedius said:
@Ovirew said:

Way to out yourself. Apparently, only white people in America would give up their money, jobs and country...lol. Because apparently America is a white country....double lol.

I suppose your upset with the decline of Sears because there will be fewer sheet sales.

Yes the decline of Sears is a true tragedy that knows no boundaries.

Think of how many children will grow up in a world without Sears catalogues. Excuse me while I observe a brief moment of silence.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 LJS9502_basic

@Jacanuk said:
@sonicare said:

They should head for Canada......

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#177 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

@Jacanuk said:
@sonicare said:

No, but it's not going to be good for them.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

@drunk_pi: I remember the other day there was this one reporter interviewing one of the caravan people, and asking him why they're going to all of this trouble when they're not guaranteed to get into the US. He said they'd die trying if they had to. Now to me....wouldn't it just make sense to die trying to start a rebellion? At the very least it would help bring better attention to the troubles down South, and then maybe something would get changed. Nothing is going to get changed down South though. Up here though, maybe.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36044 Posts

@Ovirew said:

@drunk_pi: I remember the other day there was this one reporter interviewing one of the caravan people, and asking him why they're going to all of this trouble when they're not guaranteed to get into the US. He said they'd die trying if they had to. Now to me....wouldn't it just make sense to die trying to start a rebellion? At the very least it would help bring better attention to the troubles down South, and then maybe something would get changed. Nothing is going to get changed down South though. Up here though, maybe.

If you think the chance of a rebellion is a lost cause, as you indicated, why would is make sense to die in an attempt to start one?

Avatar image for deactivated-6068afec1b77d
deactivated-6068afec1b77d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#180 deactivated-6068afec1b77d
Member since 2017 • 2539 Posts

@drunk_pi: @Ovirew: yea, just take a look at libya. Libya got disablized and now look at them. Most of the migrants from Africa come from Libya. Migrants pay human traffickers. Human traffickers make profit. Repeat and rinse. The economy and law is so bad that they able to to this. So, if the same thing happens to central America or Mexico, there would be more migrants coming to America.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

@Serraph105 said:
@Ovirew said:

If you think the chance of a rebellion is a lost cause, as you indicated, why would is make sense to die in an attempt to start one?

If the chance of getting into the United States and being legal illegal immigrants could be a lost cause, plus you have to walk and ride for a crazy amount of time just to get there, then why not stand your ground and try to correct things in your own country instead of just letting that problem fester and going elsewhere?

Avatar image for CreasianDevaili
CreasianDevaili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 CreasianDevaili
Member since 2005 • 4429 Posts

I kind of want to see them make it to the border just to see what happens. I mean some want to shoot them all and others want to let them all in, and neither camp have the say so. I guess it'll be a spectacle as to how good these human beings act as political ammunition for our two major parties against one another.

Who knows, maybe it'll actually open up discussion that leads somewhere.

Nah.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36044 Posts

@Ovirew said:
@Serraph105 said:
@Ovirew said:

If the chance of getting into the United States and being legal illegal immigrants could be a lost cause, plus you have to walk and ride for a crazy amount of time just to get there, then why not stand your ground and try to correct things in your own country instead of just letting that problem fester and going elsewhere?

I love that you want people to work together to fix a country's problems, but if staying means a decently high potential of dying and the other is a lot of walking with perhaps a bad end where you get turned away, then that may change a person's calculous for whether or not it's really worth it to stay in said country and fix things.

I personally want to see things improved in America and getting a better government/administration to do it, but if that suddenly meant fighting in a literal war where there was little chance of a successful outcome? I'd probably decide that wasn't really worth it.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 Jacanuk

@sonicare said:
@Jacanuk said:
@sonicare said:

In what ways? as we have seen there are plenty of morons who want to hire them, they can always go to California or Texas and work as a welder/fruit picker.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 LJS9502_basic

@Jacanuk said:
@sonicare said:
@Jacanuk said:
@sonicare said:

In what ways? as we have seen there are plenty of morons who want to hire them, they can always go to California or Texas and work as a welder/fruit picker.

Or we could remove that work force and find an industry in trouble in Texas and California which would effect the entire US and the economy. Congrats. Do you want the US to be successful or just all homogeneous?

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 Jacanuk

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Jacanuk said:
@sonicare said:
@Jacanuk said:
@sonicare said:

Or we could remove that work force and find an industry in trouble in Texas and California which would effect the entire US and the economy. Congrats. Do you want the US to be successful or just all homogeneous?

Well, first there are plenty of legal American welders who want those jobs, in fact, in Texas, it´s one of the fastest growing industries.

Also, I can see that you are against proper wages for the welders, since those illegals are a hindrance to the wage going up like it normally would when there is high demand.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 LJS9502_basic

@Jacanuk said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Well, first there are plenty of legal American welders who want those jobs, in fact, in Texas, it´s one of the fastest growing industries.

Also, I can see that you are against proper wages for the welders, since those illegals are a hindrance to the wage going up like it normally would when there is high demand.

That wasn't the industries I was talking about. Why doesn't your boy trump go after those businesses then? That's who should be the target of any legal redress.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 Jacanuk

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Jacanuk said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

That wasn't the industries I was talking about. Why doesn't your boy trump go after those businesses then? That's who should be the target of any legal redress.

Well, first it´s the state that has to go after them and as to the federal, well you know how federal agencies are treated by the far-left liberals, IE publically on twitter announcing raids in advance as state government official.

You could ask why do state legislations cheer when they are sanctuary cities.

But i take it you are for removing state rights then?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 LJS9502_basic

@Jacanuk said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@Jacanuk said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Well, first it´s the state that has to go after them and as to the federal, well you know how federal agencies are treated by the far-left liberals, IE publically on twitter announcing raids in advance as state government official.

Why is it state? Immigration is federal.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 Jacanuk

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Jacanuk said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@Jacanuk said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Because states govern their state,

Also, states hinder federal agencies particular as to immigration so again it should, of course, be the state laws that apply.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 LJS9502_basic

@Jacanuk said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@Jacanuk said:

Also, states hinder federal agencies particular as to immigration so again it should, of course, be the state laws that apply.

If true then ICE should be disbanded and individual states can decide if they will accept immigrants. You cannot have it both ways jacanik.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 Jacanuk

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Jacanuk said:

If true then ICE should be disbanded and individual states can decide if they will accept immigrants. You cannot have it both ways jacanik.

If true? Go read up on California who has rules/laws that specifically make it impossible for ICE to walk certain places, who demand that no state employee help out ICE and also in Arizona where Latinos have made it so that looking for illegals in the place they are is now "racist"

And of course you want ICE to be disbanded, it´s, after all, a leftist agenda because they "hurt" the illegals.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 LJS9502_basic

@Jacanuk said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@Jacanuk said:

If true? Go read up on California who has rules/laws that specifically make it impossible for ICE to walk certain places, who demand that no state employee help out ICE and also in Arizona where Latinos have made it so that looking for illegals in the place they are is now "racist"

And of course you want ICE to be disbanded, it´s, after all, a leftist agenda because they "hurt" the illegals.

I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy of your answers. If you want states to enforce immigration then we shouldn't need a federal tax drain. It's states or federal. Pick one. Not both.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 Jacanuk

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Jacanuk said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@Jacanuk said:

I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy of your answers. If you want states to enforce immigration then we shouldn't need a federal tax drain. It's states or federal. Pick one. Not both.

Your argument is a failed circular.

Why do we have federal agencies when there are state agencies.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 LJS9502_basic

@Jacanuk said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Immigration is not a state's issue. You want to make it thus. If it's a state issue then the feds have no say. You can't have it both ways. You clearly don't even understand your own ideology.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 Jacanuk

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Jacanuk said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Immigration is not a state's issue. You want to make it thus. If it's a state issue then the feds have no say. You can't have it both ways. You clearly don't even understand your own ideology.

But we are not talking just about immigration, we are talking about local companies hiring illegals at a wage far below market, and by that ruining the market for legal American citizens.

How can any legal American be against punishing those companies? which is a state obligation.

Also, ICE has no say in the state, they can´t expect help or resources from any state agency.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 LJS9502_basic

@Jacanuk said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

But we are not talking just about immigration, we are talking about local companies hiring illegals at a wage far below market, and by that ruining the market for legal American citizens.

How can any legal American be against punishing those companies? which is a state obligation.

Also, ICE has no say in the state, they can´t expect help or resources from any state agency.

Right. And I said the feds should crack down on them. But you disagree. You want immigration enforced but you don't want it done by the feds. As I said........you can't have it both ways.

And there we have in your last sentence what a sanctuary city is. They don't have the resources to do ICE's jobs.....so they don't.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 Jacanuk

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Jacanuk said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Right. And I said the feds should crack down on them. But you disagree. You want immigration enforced but you don't want it done by the feds. As I said........you can't have it both ways.

And there we have in your last sentence what a sanctuary city is. They don't have the resources to do ICE's jobs.....so they don't.

Of course, I disagree with ICE cracking down on companies who does not care about America. States govern themselves for the most case and should, of course, punish companies who go against the well being of the state´s population.

And sanctuary cities are a lot more than just "not having ICE resources" they have in some cases laws that hinder ICE and again you have state legislators who actively hinder them by using social media and sharing intel they only got because of their position.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 LJS9502_basic

@Jacanuk said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Of course, I disagree with ICE cracking down on companies who does not care about America. States govern themselves for the most case and should, of course, punish companies who go against the well being of the state´s population.

And sanctuary cities are a lot more than just "not having ICE resources" they have in some cases laws that hinder ICE and again you have state legislators who actively hinder them by using social media and sharing intel they only got because of their position.

So you don't want the Feds which have the money to actually address the immigration issue...........you'd rather just demonize the immigrants...........which are poor people trying to provide for their family. Spoken like a true conservative. Screw the poor...........support the wealthy.

Until you remove the safety net.....ie the employment.......you cannot and will not stop illegal immigration. So it appears you support it

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 Jacanuk

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Jacanuk said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

So you don't want the Feds which have the money to actually address the immigration issue...........you'd rather just demonize the immigrants...........which are poor people trying to provide for their family. Spoken like a true conservative. Screw the poor...........support the wealthy.

Until you remove the safety net.....ie the employment.......you cannot and will not stop illegal immigration. So it appears you support it

Of course, I want the Feds to have the money to round up illegals and I also want them to have much broader actions against states that act as sanctuary cities.

But you cannot argue your way past state rights and it´s the job of the state to punish those companies who hire the illegals and as you correctly see, help the illegals stay in the country.