deactivated-5c2e78cbd8d85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2 deactivated-5c2e78cbd8d85
Member since 2018 • 210 Posts

The average voter in Texas probably wouldn't even know what this ad refers to.

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3 Drunk_PI
Member since 2014 • 3358 Posts

He won't even do the debate with Beto. Tactically smart but spineless nonetheless.

It's a shame he'll most likely win though.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c2e78cbd8d85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-5c2e78cbd8d85

Does Ted actually have a reasonable chance of being defeated or is it all just hype?

Avatar image for blackhairedhero
Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Blackhairedhero
Member since 2018 • 3231 Posts

Well hes gotta be tougher then a Democrat.

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Drunk_PI
@lordlobster said:

Does Ted actually have a reasonable chance of being defeated or is it all just hype?

Poll-wise, Ted Cruz has a 5-6 % lead. Beto has made waves because he is charismatic and that he has a slight chance.

But hey, polls said Hillary Clinton would win the presidency so who knows?

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts
@blackhairedhero said:

Well hes gotta be tougher then a Democrat.

Nah.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58309 Posts

"C'mon.....TED"

God that was some great grumpy old man right there.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#9 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

Good shit.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts

@drunk_pi said:

He won't even do the debate with Beto. Tactically smart but spineless nonetheless.

I lived 30 years in Texas and I will say this.

I think Beto is going to win.

The state has been during culturally blue for awhile now. In fact the only reason its still red is that most of the blues are in cities.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 TryIt

@drunk_pi said:
@lordlobster said:

Poll-wise, Ted Cruz has a 5-6 % lead. Beto has made waves because he is charismatic and that he has a slight chance.

however..as predicted the race has moved from 'lean Republican' to 'tossup'.

I have lived in Texas for 30 years. over that time the state culturally has absolutely pushed more Blue that and these pollsters only look at 'likely voters' despite the fact that registration has gone thru the roof lately.

more over, Beto knows that the rural areas are more powerful of a vote then a city vote and he has been campaigning as such.

I think this midterm people are going to be shocked.

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Drunk_PI
@tryit said:
@drunk_pi said:
@lordlobster said:

I have lived in Texas for 30 years. over that time the state culturally has absolutely pushed more Blue that and these pollsters only look at 'likely voters' despite the fact that registration has gone thru the roof lately.

more over, Beto knows that the rural areas are more powerful of a vote then a city vote and he has been campaigning as such.

I obviously don't live in Texas but what's your reasoning?

I do want liberal democrats to take over but I am skeptical of a Beto victory. Also, while the cities are blue, they're still electing Republicans into office.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 TryIt

@drunk_pi said:
@tryit said:
@drunk_pi said:
@lordlobster said:

I do want liberal democrats to take over but I am skeptical of a Beto victory. Also, while the cities are blue, they're still electing Republicans into office.

1. The cities have had a major demographic shift in the past 20 years or so. Houston for example has changed a lot in racial make up.

2. For reasons I dont know the 'white culture' in Houston has also become more liberal than it was in the past.

3. Other than those two reasons for this election specifically it would just be that Trump is so unliked by majority of Americans and Beto knows how to work the vote by going to the rural areas instead of the cities.

I think the State of Texas is going to eventually flip blue (regardless of Trump era) because unlike 10-20 years ago, Texas is becoming more of a metropolitan State with mega cities like Houston, Austin, San Antonio and Dallas leading the cultural change

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178845 Posts

@tryit said:

1. The cities have had a major demographic shift in the past 20 years or so. Houston for example has changed a lot in racial make up.

2. For reasons I dont know the 'white culture' in Houston has also become more liberal than it was in the past.

3. Other than those two reasons for this election specifically it would just be that Trump is so unliked by majority of Americans and Beto knows how to work the vote by going to the rural areas instead of the cities.

I think the State of Texas is going to eventually flip blue (regardless of Trump era) because unlike 10-20 years ago, Texas is becoming more of a metropolitan State with mega cities like Houston, Austin, San Antonio and Dallas leading the cultural change

Influx of people that are Democrats.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TryIt

@LJS9502_basic said:
@tryit said:

Influx of people that are Democrats.

There are places I used to go that just 7 years ago was nearly completely white.

I saw a photo the other day of the same place and there was not a single white face in the crowd.

demographics are changing for sure

(to be fair it could have been an ethic event but never the less I have seen it happen more than once while I lived there)

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#16  Edited By nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41534 Posts

Ted Cruz is a coward. No shock.

BlackBalls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 BlackBalls
Member since 2018 • 1496 Posts

@drunk_pi said:
@tryit said:
@drunk_pi said:
@lordlobster said:

I think you should look more into voter turnout rather than polls. There has been a massive surge in voter registration in Texas, unlike any other mid-term. You'd think it would be republicans, but in reality it's young democracts. The fact that Cruz only has about a 5-6% lead, is actually way to scary. That's a toss-up and all that matters now is voter turnout. So actually, there's a very big chance.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Zaryia

lol another one,

Loading Video...

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 mandzilla  Moderator
Member since 2017 • 4686 Posts

@zaryia: Lmao, the way he says Ted has me in stitches.

rmpumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 rmpumper
Member since 2016 • 2134 Posts

@drunk_pi said:
@lordlobster said:

Polls were correct as Hillary got 3m more votes, but since 'Murica is not a proper democracy (more votes = winner), you ended up with Trump.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

@rmpumper said:
@drunk_pi said:
@lordlobster said:

Polls were correct as Hillary got 3m more votes, but since 'Murica is not a proper democracy (more votes = winner), you ended up with Trump.

Electoral college is democratic. It doesn't let two states dictate the whole election.

Maybe the democrats should get more super delegates and throw them in the actual election?

Avatar image for deactivated-5c2e78cbd8d85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-5c2e78cbd8d85
@n64dd said:

Electoral college is democratic.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Zaryia
@n64dd said:
@rmpumper said:
@drunk_pi said:
@lordlobster said:

Electoral college is democratic. It doesn't let two states dictate the whole election.

They were discussing opinion polls. That doesn't measure the EC.

P.S. To add to your point on two big states, this isn't always a good thing. Having multiple small red states is a huge boon for a GOP Senate compared to having a few huge Blue states. I'll let you figure out why. The Senate's 46 Democrats got 20 million more votes than its 54 Republicans. Basically the Dems get screwed at every turn, even though they win the national vote at every turn.

Which is why Jacanuk gets so confused at public opinion polls always leaning either neutral or blue rather than red on most issues - yet wonders why they control everything. We'll, this is why. (Among other reasons).

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 TryIt

this is my favorite one

Loading Video...

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#25 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@drunk_pi said:

Hmm

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/16/us/politics/cruz-beto-debate.html

But hopefully Cruz will win, it would be pretty crazy if a Democrat managed to beat a Republican in Texas. last polls have him up by 7 points so it all comes down to who shows up.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Zaryia

Yeah Beto obliterated Ted in the last debate. But I'm not sure if he can win fore certain.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#27 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

I regret not watching those short ads earlier.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#28 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

Ted needs to go back to Canada.