Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

@zaryia said:
@Gaming-Planet said:
@zaryia said:
@Gaming-Planet said:

CNN aka fake news media.

FOX more so.

Mainstream media*

And non mainstream media like Dailycaller or Breitbart is far worse than any of them.

That's why you gotta appreciate media outlets like Daily Wire.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

@Gaming-Planet said:
@zaryia said:
@Gaming-Planet said:
@zaryia said:

FOX more so.

Mainstream media*

And non mainstream media like Dailycaller or Breitbart is far worse than any of them.

lol no

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/the-daily-wire/

Good sources are TheGuardian, NPR, BBC, PBS, AP, WSJ, NYT - and of course not the editorial of any of these.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#53 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

@zaryia said:
@Gaming-Planet said:
@zaryia said:
@Gaming-Planet said:
@zaryia said:

FOX more so.

Mainstream media*

lol no

Good sources are TheGuardian, NPR, BBC, PBS, AP, WSJ, NYT - and of course not the editorial of any of these.

State news media and fake news. Mhm.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts
@Gaming-Planet said:
@zaryia said:
@Gaming-Planet said:
@zaryia said:
@Gaming-Planet said:

Mainstream media*

lol no

State news media and fake news. Mhm.

High factual reporting, award winning, and widely trusted.

Unlike Daily Wire.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#55 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41558 Posts
@n64dd said:

@nintendoboy16: That we do. Hannity makes me wanna burn my eyes out.

You guys remember when Obama was president and Glenn Beck had a guy sitting by a red phone 24 hours a day waiting for Obama to call an apologize for being himself?

Or how about that time Obama had Dijon Mustard on his burger and Hannity HAD to report that.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

@nintendoboy16: hannity and colmes (sp?) was a good show. When it went straight hannity it turned in a propaganda bit.

rmpumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 rmpumper
Member since 2016 • 2144 Posts

@HoolaHoopMan said:

IDK, anti-GMO people, anti-vaccine people, anti-nuclear power people? These 3 groups are filled with so much misinformation (and are generally considered left) that I'd say they fit the bill. Unless you're looking for something more political. Perhaps 'Bush did 9/11 people'.

Not sure about anti-nuclear power, but right wingers sure are anti-GMO and anti-vax - just look at Trump. So these are not "left wing conspiracy theories".

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#58  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

I mean we see a lot of conspiratory accusations from the far-left, right? Mostly from media. The idea that the world is secretly far-right and full of enemy agents who are conspiring against them. The idea that Tulsi Gabbard would be in Assad's pockets and spent 10 years pretending to be leftist and voting for leftist things but is secretly an undercover nazi agent from Hawaii. That Tim Pool, Jordan Peterson, Sargon of Akkad, and Pewdiepie would be far-right or white supremacists. That any time they make a slip-up it's showing their true nazi nature, despite them all publicly saying no to racism and such. The idea that Assange has been colluding with Russians to meddle with the election that got Trump to win, even though that's not why they're looking for him. That anyone wearing a MAGA hat is secretly a racist and not just showing support for the American president. That the Dissenter plug-in must be a place for far-rightists to communicate behind your backs even though it's free to use for everyone. That a difference in payment between genders must be because of sexism on the workfloor, or better yet, the evil patriarchy lurking around every corner. That you cannot have male teachers talk to students with the door closed because that isn't safe as men are toxic and predatory. That the backlash to BFV was all about there being women in a video game even though the top 100 best selling videogames will mostly feature women. That the lack of black people in a game set in medieval Bohemia which has a 100% white population even today, means it must be purposefully racist. The idea that someone saying something you don't like or that's hurtful means it's hate speech and an attempt at trolling, instead of someone offering an interesting idea, or perhaps being right about something you're wrong about. Etc. Etc. Etc.

I guess to be fair it's more like a prejudice in most cases than a straight up conspiracy. A prejudice that is often based on gender or skin color or a personality they target. But you could argue that a prejudice is based on the idea that there is something off with that particular grouping of people. That that group of people is somehow working against a fair world. I think some people on the left can be quite racist and sexist and anti-thought in that sense, while living in this sort of la-la world where they think they aren't, and I heavily denounce that sort of method of mass accusations or unfairly targeting people not on who they really are but on what you choose to portray them as (or worse, based on their skin color or gender). But luckily that's just small groupings. Sadly it's small groupings that do have control over forums, policies, or write for media.

I saw some people in my country call a dark skinned person 'colonized' because he was not anti-racist. So because he had a dark skin color and didn't agree with them he was seen as not right in his mind, incapable of forming his own opinion, only able to form a 'white' opinion because of his presumed ancestry reigning over him. That was literally what they told me. So according to them not only was his skin too dark for him to be able to form his own opinion, but white people were also considered typically racist because 'white' opinions are racist. I got real angry about that, because imo that's a lot of presumptions made based on the color of someone's skin, in an attempt to basically nullify his voice. And I live in a country where racism has been pretty much dead in the past 50 years (sadly never completely) and where you don't just discredit anyone's voice unless you're looking for trouble. And that was maybe the most racist thing I ever heard in real-life, so that really pissed me off. And when I told them, they did not see it. They don't see their racism because in their mind it's all about them being the hero, the anti-racist, here to cure him of his brainwashing by his ancestry. Like some kind of modern age inquisition. They were only capable of presuming that any criticism I gave them was based on my 'bad faith'. In their minds I was just trying to turn the truth upside down and they were not buying that nonsense, not going to give that any thought. Yeah. It was like their assumption that they were doing the right thing was enough for them to discount any rhetoric. Sometimes that scares me. Because it's zealous, right? It's like they were incapable of thinking about their actions, living in that la-la world where everybody is clearly predefined by someone as the enemy or the friend. I want people to always keep thinking and looking at what they're really doing so that they catch themselves doing bad things like that.

That is why, even though I am very leftist (and also vote as such) I am very hesitant to just agree with these points of view that have little to no factual basis. At best they seem unlikely or emotionally motivated, and yet it's treated like gospel in some places. It literally becomes the rules of discourse on some private sites, that you cannot even debate these things. And I just don't believe that it's the way to convince for instance people in the political center, who can be influential on who is going to win in an election. And I don't understand why this is happening because I think honestly that the left can 'win' a rational debate. If only you let it happen. We don't need to cheat or lie or attack people or control a conversation to make a good point and leave a good impression. Harassment and authoritarianism will only push people away from the cause. I have not always seen this, myself, but that's how I think about it these days.

AlexKidd5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 AlexKidd5000
Member since 2005 • 3103 Posts

@nintendoboy16 said:

So, we talk about right-wing conspiracy theorists like Alex Jones, Glenn Beck, and Jerome Corsi, but what about left-wing ones that are just as bad? Not very often we hear about them, I think.

Can you name any left-wing conspiracy theorists? Off the top of my head, there's Jimmy Dore, who helped with the Seth Rich insanity and denies wrongdoings of select authoritarian leaders.

Who else can you think of?

Jimmy Dore is no where near the conspiracy theorist that most of the other people you listed are. A couple things, but thats about it.