Left-wing conspiracy theorists

• 59 results
#1 Edited by nintendoboy16 (36476 posts) -

So, we talk about right-wing conspiracy theorists like Alex Jones, Glenn Beck, and Jerome Corsi, but what about left-wing ones that are just as bad? Not very often we hear about them, I think.

Can you name any left-wing conspiracy theorists? Off the top of my head, there's Jimmy Dore, who helped with the Seth Rich insanity and denies wrongdoings of select authoritarian leaders.

Who else can you think of?

#2 Posted by FireEmblem_Man (19799 posts) -

Rachel Maddow, Jared Holt, Shaun King, Tariq Nasheed, anyone that thinks the Okay hand gesture is a symbol of White Supremacy

#3 Edited by Zaryia (9453 posts) -
@FireEmblem_Man said:

anyone that thinks the Okay hand gesture is a symbol of White Supremacy

In early 2017, after a controversy arose over whether Gateway Pundit publisher Jim Hoft and a writer for his site flashed the “white power sign” at the White House Press Briefing Room, the trolls at 4chan responded with a hoax they titled “Operation O-KKK.” The plan? “We must flood twitter and other social media websites with spam, claiming that the OK hand signal is a symbol of white supremacy. Make fake accounts with basic white girl names and type shit like: OMG that’s so truuuuu…”

Not sure if you can call it a left wing conspiracy theory when the right was the side trying to trick people that it's real.

But to answer the OP, anyone who thinks Trump himself actively engaged in criminal collusion. Russia didn't need Trump's cooperation to interfere and help him.

#4 Posted by FireEmblem_Man (19799 posts) -
@zaryia said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:

anyone that thinks the Okay hand gesture is a symbol of White Supremacy

In early 2017, after a controversy arose over whether Gateway Pundit publisher Jim Hoft and a writer for his site flashed the “white power sign” at the White House Press Briefing Room, the trolls at 4chan responded with a hoax they titled “Operation O-KKK.” The plan? “We must flood twitter and other social media websites with spam, claiming that the OK hand signal is a symbol of white supremacy. Make fake accounts with basic white girl names and type shit like: OMG that’s so truuuuu…”

Not sure if you can call it a left wing conspiracy theory when the right is the side is trying to trick people that it's real.

Too bad I don't read anything from Jim Hoft

#5 Posted by Nuck81 (7710 posts) -

@zaryia: Trump's not smart enough to actively plan, execute, and engage in something as grand as fixing an election.

But he is sure as hell dumb enough to be manipulated by those that are....

#6 Posted by rmpumper (669 posts) -

@Nuck81 said:

@zaryia: Trump's not smart enough to actively plan, execute, and engage in something as grand as fixing an election.

and after that not brag about doing it in one his rallies.

#7 Posted by Horgen (120906 posts) -

Don't know about anyone. What conspiracy theories do they make?

#8 Posted by Maroxad (15272 posts) -

I dunno what their names are but...

The leaders in the anti-GMO movement?

#9 Posted by Jacanuk (18714 posts) -

Hmm, people on the far-left who love those conspiracies

Trevor Noah, Sam Bee, Jimmy Dore, Don Lemon, Adam Schiff, Maddox, and a bunch of anchors on CNN and MSNBC.

#10 Posted by Horgen (120906 posts) -

@Jacanuk said:

Trevor Noah, Sam Bee, Jimmy Dore, Don Lemon, Adam Schiff, Maddox, and a bunch of anchors on CNN and MSNBC.

I have to ask. Which conspiracy theories have they created?

#11 Posted by Jacanuk (18714 posts) -
@horgen said:
@Jacanuk said:

They don´t have to create conspiracies they can just use already existing ones

But Russian Collusion, Pee Tape, the Clinton foundation Trump-Report, the Maga-hat kids being "racist" etc. etc. etc. etc.

#12 Edited by Zaryia (9453 posts) -
@Jacanuk said:
@horgen said:
@Jacanuk said:

But Russian Collusion, Pee Tape, the Clinton foundation Trump-Report, the Maga-hat kids being "racist" etc. etc. etc. etc.

But some of the Maga hat kids were being racist. That's on video.

Pee Tape thing seems to be for comedy effect, but anyone who thinks it is real without proof is indeed being a conspiracy theorist.

And Clinton foundation Trump Report? Link?

As for Russian Collusion I'd be more specific and say criminal collusion. Those are indeed conspiracy theories.

#13 Posted by Jacanuk (18714 posts) -
@zaryia said:
@Jacanuk said:
@horgen said:
@Jacanuk said:

But some of the Maga hat kids were being racist. That's on video.

Pee Tape thing seems to be for comedy effect, but anyone who thinks it is real without proof is indeed being a conspiracy theorist.

And Clinton foundation Trump Report? Link?

As for Russian Collusion I'd be more specific and say criminal collusion. Those are indeed conspiracy theories.

Well, the whole media and especially Wash out post´s angle was horrible kids with maga hats makes racist remarks, when in fact it was the other side far-leftists who instigated it all.

And Pee tape may be now for comedy effect, but CNN published it as big breaking news even though there was zero evidence.

And the gates report paid by the Clinton Foundation.

Also, the Russia thing is amazing to watch how the mainstream media still goes on and on like the report didn´t blow it out of the water and Adam Schiff is the left´s Alex Jones, he still claims Trump colluded with Russia.

#14 Posted by Nuck81 (7710 posts) -

@Jacanuk: literally none of those are an actual conspiracy peach fuzz.

#15 Edited by Jacanuk (18714 posts) -
@Nuck81 said:

@Jacanuk: literally none of those are an actual conspiracy peach fuzz.

Ok

But don´t be sad at least you tried so go try again.

#16 Posted by N64DD (11968 posts) -

Occupydemocrats, everyone on msnbc, cnn, zaryia to name a few.

#17 Edited by Zaryia (9453 posts) -
@Jacanuk said:

And Pee tape may be now for comedy effect, but CNN published it as big breaking news even though there was zero evidence.

Link?

@Jacanuk said:

Also, the Russia thing is amazing to watch how the mainstream media still goes on and on like the report didn´t blow it out of the water and Adam Schiff is the left´s Alex Jones, he still claims Trump colluded with Russia.

Someone can still claim they colluded based off of what we know and not be a conspiracy theories. You just can't claim it was criminal collusion, that's a conspiracy theory.

#18 Edited by Zaryia (9453 posts) -

@n64dd said:

zaryia

Citation please.

Anyone who said Russia didn't meddle was a conspiracy theorist. And they got roasted by me here.

#19 Posted by N64DD (11968 posts) -

@zaryia: Your posting history proves it.

There is no citation..life isn’t a college course brah.

#20 Posted by Horgen (120906 posts) -

@Jacanuk said:
@horgen said:
@Jacanuk said:

Russia interfered, and not evidence was found to clear Trump. Pee Tape??? Never heard. What did the Clinton foundation do? Some of those kids were caught being racist on tape...???

#21 Edited by Jacanuk (18714 posts) -
@horgen said:

Russia interfered, and not evidence was found to clear Trump. Pee Tape??? Never heard. What did the Clinton foundation do? Some of those kids were caught being racist on tape...???

See this is where the conspiracy works

You think there was no evidence to exonerate Trump when the report clear as day says there was absolutely zero evidence of any collusion and there was nothing at all to connect Trump or his family to anything.

What the report also said was that it was not possible to prove obstruction of justice, which relates to Comey, not to the Russia collusion hoax.

Also, you know exactly what tape and the Gates report from the discredited former MI5 agent were paid for by the Clinton Foundation.

#22 Posted by X_CAPCOM_X (8653 posts) -

Jimmy Dore is more principled than any political commentator that has been brought up in the thread.

#23 Posted by Zaryia (9453 posts) -
@n64dd said:

@zaryia: Your posting history proves it.

Quote my conspiracy claim.

#24 Posted by N64DD (11968 posts) -

@zaryia: You thought trump was colluding with russia.

#25 Posted by Horgen (120906 posts) -

@Jacanuk said:
@horgen said:

See this is where the conspiracy works

You think there was no evidence to exonerate Trump when the report clear as day says there was absolutely zero evidence of any collusion and there was nothing at all to connect Trump or his family to anything.

What the report also said was that it was not possible to prove obstruction of justice, which relates to Comey, not to the Russia collusion hoax.

Also, you know exactly what tape and the Gates report from the discredited former MI5 agent were paid for by the Clinton Foundation.

If I have mixed up the two, then that one goes on me(which one he wasn't exonerated on). However the quote "while this report does not conclude that the President committed a crime, it also does not exonerate him" Doesn't do Trump much good.

Again I have plenty of politics in my own country to follow, so some of the US topics I forget. The Clinton foundation is one I have forgotten.

#26 Posted by Jacanuk (18714 posts) -
@horgen said:

If I have mixed up the two, then that one goes on me(which one he wasn't exonerated on). However the quote "while this report does not conclude that the President committed a crime, it also does not exonerate him" Doesn't do Trump much good.

Again I have plenty of politics in my own country to follow, so some of the US topics I forget. The Clinton foundation is one I have forgotten.

That quote is taken out of context if you think it refers to the report in its entirety - That quote only covers the possible obstruction of justice. Trump clearly fired Comey but his intent and reasons are very hard to prove.

So while we 100% agree that Trump was not "exonerated" on obstruction, he was indeed 100% exonerated as to collusion with anyone even remotely Russia-related.

Also, I thought you had moved to the US, but I might have mistaken you for another moderator, so it´s clearly ok that you don´t keep up with all the nonsense that happens over here in the US, Norway has it´s own i am sure.

Anyways the Pee-Tape refers to a Steele (not gates) report that was pure fiction mixed up with some smaller truths , so Buzzfeed published the entire report as facts and that Trump had paid Russian prostitutes to pee on him while in Russia, which is pure fiction and while CNN didn´t want to cover it at first, they went all breaking news once their back was covered and Buzzfeed had brought it first.

#27 Posted by Zaryia (9453 posts) -

@n64dd said:

@zaryia: You thought trump was colluding with russia.

Citation Needed.

Prove I said that.

#28 Edited by Zaryia (9453 posts) -

@Jacanuk said:
@horgen said:

while CNN didn´t want to cover it at first, they went all breaking news once their back was covered and Buzzfeed had brought it first.

Link?

I'm pretty sure they said it was alleged and potential. Not that it was fact. Taking away any conspiracy angle.

Oh and the report did have accurate elements, making it not a fully conspiracy theory.

#29 Posted by N64DD (11968 posts) -

@zaryia: citation you never said it needed

#30 Posted by Jacanuk (18714 posts) -
@zaryia said:
@Jacanuk said:
@horgen said:

while CNN didn´t want to cover it at first, they went all breaking news once their back was covered and Buzzfeed had brought it first.

Link?

I'm pretty sure they said it was alleged and potential. Not that it was fact. Taking away any conspiracy angle.

Oh and the report did have accurate elements, making it not a fully conspiracy theory.

If you have a burger that is 90% shit and 10% Kobe beef, are you eating shit or a Kobe beef?

According to the Media Research Center, CNN took Comey’s cue and ran with the unverified story, repeating it 77 times between April 12 and April 16.

On April 13, the network repeated the claim a whopping 48 times, while 28 of the 77 mentions came from CNN replaying Comey’s ABC interview.

MRC analysts found that CNN used various dirty phrases such as “prostitutes urinating on each other,” “golden showers,” and of course, “pee tape.”

#31 Edited by Zaryia (9453 posts) -

@Jacanuk said:

According to the Media Research Center, CNN took Comey’s cue and ran with the unverified story, repeating it 77 times between April 12 and April 16.

On April 13, the network repeated the claim a whopping 48 times, while 28 of the 77 mentions came from CNN replaying Comey’s ABC interview.

MRC analysts found that CNN used various dirty phrases such as “prostitutes urinating on each other,” “golden showers,” and of course, “pee tape.”

Replaying Comey's ABC Interview is a conspiracy theory? Where he merely told us what Trump said about the Pee thing, as Trump was briefed on it? We know for a fact he was briefed on the Steel Dossier thanks to CNN's breaking news on this back in 2017. Are you confusing factual reporting and replaying simple interviews from other channels as conspiracy theories? LOL?

You seem to be really stretching.

P.S. Lmao your source. https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/newsbusters/https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Media_Research_Center

#32 Edited by Zaryia (9453 posts) -
@Jacanuk said:

If you have a burger that is 90% shit and 10% Kobe beef, are you eating shit or a Kobe beef?

Not sure about 90%. And not sure who said it was 100% legitimate.

Most news channels I watched were smart and responsible enough to say alleged or unverified unless the data was confirmed. And there HAS been confirmed data.

Revisiting the Trump-Russia dossier: What's right, wrong and still unclear?

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/07/politics/dossier-two-years-later/index.html

While Trump and his supporters have seized on the most salacious, uncorroborated claims to discredit the dossier as a "pile of garbage," much of Steele's memos focused on Russia's role interfering in the 2016 election. Steele's intelligence memos detail a pattern and preference for Trump that have since been confirmed by the US intelligence community and indictments against Russians brought by Mueller's investigation.

Another allegation that's proven true: Steele's sources noted that the Russian government had indirectly paid Michael Flynn to travel to Moscow, a reference to his attendance at a 2015 gala honoring the state-run broadcaster RT.Flynn, who later advised Trump's campaign and was briefly Trump's national security adviser, denied during the campaign that he received any payments from Russia.

The dossier said that the hacks against Democrats, which were publicly released by WikiLeaks during the 2016 campaign, were part of a wider Russian hacking effort. That has since been confirmed in Mueller's court filings, and last year, the special counsel indicted a dozen Russian intelligence agents in connection with the hacks.

The dossier also noted efforts from the Russian government to exploit political divisions within the US and the Democratic Party after the bruising primary fight between Clinton and Sen. Bernie Sanders. A separate Mueller indictment dealt with disinformation efforts by a Kremlin-linked troll farm that played on those divisions. Since the 2016 election, social media companies have pulled thousands of accounts tied to Russia.

However, anyone who says the whole thing, including the Pee, is completely facts is indeed being a Conspiracy theorist.

#33 Posted by Jacanuk (18714 posts) -
@zaryia said:
@Jacanuk said:

Replaying Comey's ABC Interview is a conspiracy theory? Covering elements of Comey's book is a conspiracy theory?

Did CNN once say the Pee Tape was real?

You seem to be really stretching here.

CNN doesn´t have to say it´s real, by reporting it they insinuated as much, since when does any serious journalistic media report fake stories? you know lies are lies even at CNN and forgot the period was after Comey´s fake book and not the initial reports.

And as you can see CNN was together with Buzzfeed all over this conspiracy theory

The dossier, which is a collection of memos written over a period of months, includes specific, unverified, and potentially unverifiable allegations of contact between Trump aides and Russian operatives, and graphic claims of sexual acts documented by the Russians. CNN reported Tuesday that a two-page synopsis of the report was given to President Barack Obama and Trump.

#34 Posted by N64DD (11968 posts) -

@zaryia: CNN is a flawed and biasedsource proven on numerous occasions. Stop pushing their conspiracies.

#35 Edited by Zaryia (9453 posts) -

@Jacanuk said:

CNN doesn´t have to say it´s real, by reporting it they insinuated as much, since when does any serious journalistic media report fake stories? you know lies are lies even at CNN and forgot the period was after Comey´s fake book and not the initial reports.

They didn't insinuate it. They merely pointed out what is verified and what is not verified. Like any responsible news source would do. If it had nothing that was verified, yes it would be irresponsible to report on it (But even then, not conspiratorial). BUT IT DID have many true elements, so there goes your entire argument. This isn't rocket science.

No reason to lie.

@Jacanuk said:

And as you can see CNN was together with Buzzfeed all over this conspiracy theory

The dossier, which is a collection of memos written over a period of months, includes specific, unverified, and potentially unverifiable allegations of contact between Trump aides and Russian operatives, and graphic claims of sexual acts documented by the Russians. CNN reported Tuesday that a two-page synopsis of the report was given to President Barack Obama and Trump.

"CNN reported Tuesday that a two-page synopsis of the report was given to President Barack Obama and Trump."

That's a factual event, and it was HUGE breaking news. Please stop getting mad at factual reporting of real events.

#36 Edited by Zaryia (9453 posts) -

@n64dd said:

@zaryia: CNN is a flawed and biasedsource proven on numerous occasions. Stop pushing their conspiracies.

What conspiracy theory?

@Jacanuk said: since when does any serious journalistic media report fake stories?

What fake story?

You mean when they initially reported on the fact that Trump and Obama were given briefings on the Dossier?

Or are you talking about when they accurately point out portions of the Dossier that are confirmed or unconfirmed? How is that fake or conspiratorial?

This thread isn't about your opinion. I think he wanted real conspiracy theories - not stuff that makes you mad.

#37 Posted by Jacanuk (18714 posts) -
@zaryia said:
@Jacanuk said:

They didn't insinuate it. They said alleged and unverified if it was alleged or unverified. They also only said confirmed if the data was actually confirmed, which some of it was. This isn't rocket science. You're wildly bending the definition of conspiracy theory.

No reason to lie.

@Jacanuk said:

"CNN reported Tuesday that a two-page synopsis of the report was given to President Barack Obama and Trump."

That's a factual event, and it was HUGE breaking news. Please stop getting mad at factual reporting of real events.

And that report was as fake as the dossier and you still claiming even the dossier is true is literally insane.

Ex-FBI Director James Comey denied reporting by CNN early last year which said he briefed then President-elect Trump on the so-called "Trump dossier" with a two-page synopsis.

But it proves why conspiracy nuts have so much success and why people do it, Someone will always keep believing it no matter what.

#38 Edited by Zaryia (9453 posts) -
@Jacanuk said:

And that report was as fake as the dossier and you still claiming even the dossier is true is literally insane.

Ex-FBI Director James Comey denied reporting by CNN early last year which said he briefed then President-elect Trump on the so-called "Trump dossier" with a two-page synopsis.

But it proves why conspiracy nuts have so much success and why people do it, Someone will always keep believing it no matter what.

The dossier isn't fake. It exists. I think what you're trying to say it contains all fake information.

But we know that isn't true. It contains several confirmed things. Hence reporting on it isn't a conspiratorial theory.

That's not a conspiracy theory unless the Source never labeled the items confirmed or unconfirmed, which CNN did every single time.

Oh and Trump WAS briefed on it, the story wasn't fake it had 1 minor detail wrong:

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/12/14/russia-dossier-fbi-trump-obama-1066643

The FBI released for the first time Friday night a two-page summary former FBI Director James Comey used to brief President-elect Donald Trump nearly two years ago on a so-called dossier about Trump’s ties to Russia.

CNN got minor details wrong that Comey didn't literally present it, because it wasn't in person I believe. That is literally it. Which they corrected long ago, mind you. Is that what we are debating though?

Is THAT the conspiracy??? LMAO!

#39 Posted by Sevenizz (4018 posts) -

The View which is especially cringeworthy due to the hosts ignorance of politics and their pre bias. Even the conservative one is dopey.

#40 Posted by HoolaHoopMan (10880 posts) -

IDK, anti-GMO people, anti-vaccine people, anti-nuclear power people? These 3 groups are filled with so much misinformation (and are generally considered left) that I'd say they fit the bill. Unless you're looking for something more political. Perhaps 'Bush did 9/11 people'.

#41 Edited by Gaming-Planet (20006 posts) -

CNN aka fake news media.

Everyone that believed in RussianGate.

#42 Edited by Zaryia (9453 posts) -

@Gaming-Planet said:

CNN aka fake news media.

FOX more so.

#43 Posted by Sevenizz (4018 posts) -

@zaryia: Why, because you side with the left?

#44 Posted by Gaming-Planet (20006 posts) -
@zaryia said:
@Gaming-Planet said:

CNN aka fake news media.

FOX more so.

Mainstream media*

#45 Posted by nintendoboy16 (36476 posts) -

@Gaming-Planet: Fox is mainstream. Just Not liberal.

#46 Posted by N64DD (11968 posts) -

@nintendoboy16: fox is shit too.

#47 Posted by nintendoboy16 (36476 posts) -

@n64dd: Well... we agree on SOMETHING. :P

#48 Posted by N64DD (11968 posts) -

@nintendoboy16: That we do. Hannity makes me wanna burn my eyes out.

You guys remember when Obama was president and Glenn Beck had a guy sitting by a red phone 24 hours a day waiting for Obama to call an apologize for being himself?

#49 Posted by Gaming-Planet (20006 posts) -
@nintendoboy16 said:

@Gaming-Planet: Fox is mainstream. Just Not liberal.

That's why I corrected him. Mainstream/corporate media is fake news. Very fake news, in fact.

#50 Posted by Zaryia (9453 posts) -

@Gaming-Planet said:
@zaryia said:
@Gaming-Planet said:

CNN aka fake news media.

FOX more so.

Mainstream media*

And non mainstream media like Dailycaller or Breitbart is far worse than any of them.