Impeachment: progressive Dems win the argument, center folds.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#51 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15569 Posts

@ad1x2 said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Yep. And that should give us pause...….

Biden literally bragged on tape that he wouldn't give Ukraine a billion dollars in aid unless they fired a prosecutor that was investigating a company his son was working for while he was vice president, but that is what gives you pause?

While I don't care enough about Biden to defend any of his actions, he is also not the POTUS. That's a really lousy distraction.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178845 Posts

@ad1x2 said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@PraetorianMan said:

During the call, Zelensky brings up his desire for U.S. military aid.

Then Trump says, "I would like you to do us a favor though . . ." and segues into his push for investigations.

Biden literally bragged on tape that he wouldn't give Ukraine a billion dollars in aid unless they fired a prosecutor that was investigating a company his son was working for while he was vice president, but that is what gives you pause?

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2019/may/07/viral-image/fact-checking-joe-biden-hunter-biden-and-ukraine/

Something for you to read...……...

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 LJS9502_basic

@Vaasman said:
@ad1x2 said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

While I don't care enough about Biden to defend any of his actions, he is also not the POTUS. That's a really lousy distraction.

Whataboutism……...

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38678 Posts
@horgen said:
@Serraph105 said:
@ad1x2 said:

All of you can judge for yourselves.

It sounds like Trump was doing his whole "mob boss" lingo here meaning "It's not exactly legal what I'm talking about so I wont say exactly what I want in specifics, but I expect that you will get the gist of what I'm saying."

The democrats, specifically Nancy Pelosi here, seems to have jumped too quickly on the impeachment deal. I've been catching up on the news this morning as I have been on vacation since Saturday and got back last night, and my understanding is that Pelosi announced this without having seen the transcript of the phone call.

Trump has already lied twice about why he did it...

but not under oath. which makes him a liar (which we already knew), not a criminal (yet)

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#55 ad1x2
Member since 2005 • 8430 Posts
@Vaasman said:
@ad1x2 said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Biden was still vice president at the time. If Trump got removed from office tomorrow do you really think that would be the end of it? No, people would demand his indictment for whatever alleged crimes he committed before his removal from office.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#56 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

@ad1x2 said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@PraetorianMan said:

During the call, Zelensky brings up his desire for U.S. military aid.

Then Trump says, "I would like you to do us a favor though . . ." and segues into his push for investigations.

Except there doesn't seem to be any evidence that hunter biden was under investigation. And it wasn't just Joe Biden that wanted the Prosecutor General ousted. People in the Ukraine as well as the EU were calling for him to be removed because they viewed him as corrupt and standing in the way of reform, even the Deputy Prosecutor resigned stating that the General Prosecutor's office was a hotbed of corruption.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Vaasman

@ad1x2 said:
@Vaasman said:

Biden was still vice president at the time. If Trump got removed from office tomorrow do you really think that would be the end of it? No, people would demand his indictment for whatever alleged crimes he committed before his removal from office.

Then let's have them both arrested and thrown in jail, sound fair?

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

@ad1x2 said:
@Vaasman said:
@ad1x2 said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

What's the issue here?

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

Yikes that tape.

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Drunk_PI
Member since 2014 • 3358 Posts
@zaryia said:

Yikes that tape.

You're talking about the transcript that got released?

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Zaryia
@drunk_pi said:
@zaryia said:

Yikes that tape.

Yes. I brainfarted from that other post that was talking about the biden tape since I was reading and typing at the same time lol.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Vaasman

@zaryia said:
@drunk_pi said:
@zaryia said:

Yikes that tape.

Yes. I brainfarted from that other post that was talking about the biden tape since I was reading and typing at the same time lol.

We should really emphasize this though: The "transcript" released is not a transcript at all. It's a collection of notes from white house note takers who, generally, will not write down confidential or negative information. It's a 10 minute summary, maybe 15 if you read slowly, of a 30 minute conversation, that is engineered by people looking to make the president favorable. It specifically says at the top it's not verbatim and merely consists of notes and recollections.

And despite all that it still implicates the president in colluding with and coercing Ukraine for personal gain.

Definitely curious what the actual whistleblower is about to bring to the table if this is the 'favorable' spin.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

@Vaasman said:
@zaryia said:
@drunk_pi said:
@zaryia said:

Yikes that tape.

We should really emphasize this though: The "transcript" released is not a transcript at all. It's a collection of notes from white house note takers who, generally, will not write down confidential or negative information. It's a 10 minute summary, maybe 15 if you read slowly, of a 30 minute conversation, that is engineered by people looking to make the president favorable. It specifically says at the top it's not verbatim and merely consists of notes and recollections.

And despite all that it still implicates the president in colluding with and coercing Ukraine for personal gain.

Definitely curious what the actual whistleblower is about to bring to the table if this is the 'favorable' spin.

There could be good reason for why Trump has no problem releasing it, but not the actual whistle blower complaint.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36040 Posts

@comp_atkins said:
@horgen said:
@Serraph105 said:
@ad1x2 said:

All of you can judge for yourselves.

It sounds like Trump was doing his whole "mob boss" lingo here meaning "It's not exactly legal what I'm talking about so I wont say exactly what I want in specifics, but I expect that you will get the gist of what I'm saying."

The democrats, specifically Nancy Pelosi here, seems to have jumped too quickly on the impeachment deal. I've been catching up on the news this morning as I have been on vacation since Saturday and got back last night, and my understanding is that Pelosi announced this without having seen the transcript of the phone call.

Trump has already lied twice about why he did it...

but not under oath. which makes him a liar (which we already knew), not a criminal (yet)

Impeachment doesn't have to prove a crime was committed, it's a political decision by the house and senate. The judicial branch is not involved.

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Drunk_PI
Member since 2014 • 3358 Posts

@Serraph105:

I think a great example of this is Andrew Johnson's impeachment. Crimes weren't committed but Johnson was an incompetent president.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 LJS9502_basic

@drunk_pi said:

@Serraph105:

I think a great example of this is Andrew Johnson's impeachment. Crimes weren't committed but Johnson was an incompetent president.

trump is 2 for 2 then..……..

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

Well from what I read this is another nothing burger. We will see what else the liberals have to see if once again they are wasting tax payers money just because they don't like the guy. They keep trying and I keep waiting for the damning evidence and I just don't see impeachable offenses. Maybe the whistle blower?

So far Russiagate, then they went with he is a cheater, then moved to Muller Report, and now this. Maybe sooner or later they will find something that sticks.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

Wow, the dems are probably the most insane group of lunitics I've ever seen, "hey lets impeach the orange guy cause...well...we don't like him". Good luck with that lol.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Vaasman

Someone in the White House accidentally emailed the Democrats the GOP talking points they're going to try and forcefeed everyone, and then sent an email asking the information be recalled.

lol...

https://theweek.com/speedreads/867641/white-house-accidentally-emailed-ukraine-talking-points-nancy-pelosi

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#70 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17859 Posts

@vfighter said:

Wow, the dems are probably the most insane group of lunitics I've ever seen, "hey lets impeach the orange guy cause...well...we don't like him". Good luck with that lol.

Really? After all the 'Obama is a Muslim born in Kenya leading a ring of pedophiles' and a call to impeachment is the line you draw?

Who is fucking insane here?

Avatar image for RedEyedMonster8
RedEyedMonster8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 RedEyedMonster8
Member since 2007 • 1348 Posts

@Vaasman said:
@zaryia said:
@drunk_pi said:
@zaryia said:

Yikes that tape.

On top of that this is only a "transcript" of one call. There were multiple calls.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 horgen  Moderator

@br0kenrabbit said:
@vfighter said:

Really? After all the 'Obama is a Muslim born in Kenya leading a ring of pedophiles' and a call to impeachment is the line you draw?

Hey. Obama was black. That's an impeachable offense. /s

Avatar image for RedEyedMonster8
RedEyedMonster8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 RedEyedMonster8
Member since 2007 • 1348 Posts

@vfighter said:

Yeah I'm sure it all boils down to them simply "not liking him". I mean what could anyone possibly take issue with there?

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Vaasman
@horgen said:
@br0kenrabbit said:

Hey. Obama was black. That's an impeachable offense. /s

That sick bastard had the gall to put mustard on a burger. Dijon Mustard. How congress didn't line up the articles and vote unanimously that very same day, I'll never know.

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9552 Posts

No one in the democratic party is progressive.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

@jeezers said:

@Vaasman: Trumps not worried about Ukraine, Biden and his son are worried about whats going on with Ukraine. Luckily progressives dont like Biden or Trump, this will hurt Biden more than Trump, the media diddnt cover the scandal with Bidens son and Ukraine, the NYT broke the story in May but MSM did not focus on it, watch... Trump will release the transcript of what was said once they push forward for impeachment.

Trump wants the left to push impeachment, the dems are loosing thier minds, they arent focusing on policy, solving problems, or new ideas, just Trump, this is great for Trump, especially when this falls flatter than the mueller hearing did, the smell of desperation is thick in the air and it is very entertaining. Is trump a clueless moron or a criminal mastermind, according to the left hes both lol

I don't think Biden's son is worried about anything...

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts

@PurpleMan5000: true, just where hes going to find his next 8ball

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 PurpleMan5000

@jeezers said:

I don't think he's worried about 8 balls, either. He died like 4 or 5 years ago.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 PurpleMan5000
@Xabiss said:

Well from what I read this is another nothing burger. We will see what else the liberals have to see if once again they are wasting tax payers money just because they don't like the guy. They keep trying and I keep waiting for the damning evidence and I just don't see impeachable offenses. Maybe the whistle blower?

So far Russiagate, then they went with he is a cheater, then moved to Muller Report, and now this. Maybe sooner or later they will find something that sticks.

The transcript describes him doing exactly what Mueller was unable to prove he did with Russia...

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Serraph105

@PurpleMan5000 said:
@jeezers said:

I don't think he's worried about 8 balls, either. He died like 4 or 5 years ago.

He has two sons, this is about Hunter who's alive.

My understanding though is, much like many other things in Trump world, there's no evidence to support Trump's allegations against him.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Zaryia
@Serraph105 said:
@PurpleMan5000 said:
@jeezers said:

He has two sons, this is about Hunter who's alive.

My understanding though is, much like many other things in Trump world, there's no evidence to support Trump's allegations against him.

It's Uranium One part 2.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#82 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#83 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

From what I've read of the transcipt of that phone call, it seems pretty damning. Threatening a foreign power to give you dirt on a political opponent. He should be impeached. Disgraceful.

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 vl4d_l3nin
Member since 2013 • 3700 Posts

CNN is being woefully disingenuous with the ellipsis

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Vaasman

https://www.latimes.com/politics/story/2019-09-26/trump-at-private-breakfast-who-gave-the-whistle-blower-the-information-because-thats-almost-a-spy

The president in a breakfast meeting today threatened his staff over releasing information by equating leakers to spies, then implying old forms of punishment (100% implying execution/murder) for spies should be used.

Totally legit, definitely not a criminal!

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#86 texasgoldrush
Member since 2003 • 14899 Posts

@Master_Live: Tulsi flipped, 223 Dems and Amash back impeachment.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Serraph105

@texasgoldrush: Oh wow. I didn't think we would see anywhere near that number let alone enough to actually make impeachment doable in the House.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#88 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

@Serraph105 said:

@texasgoldrush: Oh wow. I didn't think we would see anywhere near that number let alone enough to actually make impeachment doable in the House.

From what i've seen on the news, it seems pretty clear cut that trump violated protocol. Granted, I've only seen CNN so I don't know the full story.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#89 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58305 Posts

This is "How to Abuse Your Powers 101" class.

@Vaasman said:

https://www.latimes.com/politics/story/2019-09-26/trump-at-private-breakfast-who-gave-the-whistle-blower-the-information-because-thats-almost-a-spy

The president in a breakfast meeting today threatened his staff over releasing information by equating leakers to spies, then implying old forms of punishment (100% implying execution/murder) for spies should be used.

Totally legit, definitely not a criminal!

Wow. Freaking wow.

I know he was probably joking but the guy is president and you don't joke about that shit when you're president.

@sonicare said:

From what I've read of the transcipt of that phone call, it seems pretty damning. Threatening a foreign power to give you dirt on a political opponent. He should be impeached. Disgraceful.

This is ultimately how I feel as well.

Whether or not this is a technically impeachable offense, however, is something I do not know. Let's hope the democrats don't fumble this.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#90 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17859 Posts

This coming week is going to be so exciting. It's like watching a building burn, in bullet-time.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#91  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

This feels good.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Vaasman
@sonicare said:
@Serraph105 said:

From what i've seen on the news, it seems pretty clear cut that trump violated protocol. Granted, I've only seen CNN so I don't know the full story.

We don't have the full breadth of the evidence yet, but even the president's flowery call summary of a single call, still heavily implies he exploited another country for political gain. In addition we've had white house lawyers admit they've moved the evidence for this and many other calls/meetings onto private, secure servers (potentially illegal and highly ironic). This all corroborates the whistleblower's report. Additionally the envoy to Ukraine implicated, Kurt Volker, just resigned, and we'll probably learn why in the coming days. There are already half a dozen people lined up to give statements to congress during the next two weeks. All the while the president and his personal lawyer are screeching about deep state, threatening staff, and dangling evidence in our faces (thanks for that phone subpoena Giuliani.)

The only defense for any of this is "no ur wrong lol maga," because they emailed out all their talking points. I don't think you're missing much by not tuning into that.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310
deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#93 deactivated-5e9044657a310
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts

@Vaasman: Don't forget the greatest scandal in American history.

Obama's tan suit.

Or was it his selfie stick?

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#94 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8772 Posts

Man, I hate that Giuliani guy.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f4e2292197f1
deactivated-5f4e2292197f1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 deactivated-5f4e2292197f1
Member since 2015 • 1374 Posts

I'm all for inquires.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 jeezers

Nothings going to happen, they dont have anything for impeachment, schiff wont even read the transcript, just saying what he wishes it said, Adam "it was just a parody" Schiff. What a joke, The dems fucked up, this isnt going to go anywhere, trump isnt getting impeached, its clear to me that the left is only trying to rush this so they can label trump as the "impeached" president before the 2020 election, they know trumps not getting impeached on this stuff. What a waste of time, its like the dems realized they had no chance just winning the normal way in 2020, so they are going to just Nuke it all lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 deactivated-5e9044657a310

@jeezers: Have you been drinking?

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 jeezers

@Nuck81: nope and your on crack if you think trump is getting kicked out, never going to happen, I know you want president Pence, but its not gonna happen. Prepare for disappointment hombre

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 horgen  Moderator

@Nuck81 said:

@Vaasman: Don't forget the greatest scandal in American history.

Obama's tan suit.

Or was it his selfie stick?

Dijon mustard.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 deactivated-5e9044657a310

@jeezers: You're.

And I have no doubts the corrupt gop will protect him.