deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

He's a out of touch corporate shill along with being against legalization of Marijuana and saying video games are not healthy remember this is the moron that wanted to tax violent video games lol. I was going to vote for him a couple of months ago but I just can't bring myself to it anymore what do you think about Biden why do the Dems love him so much? looks like it will be 2016 all over again.

plageus900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2 plageus900
Member since 2013 • 3065 Posts

@warmblur: The same reason Hillary Clinton won the Democratic nomination.

Her war against violent video games rings a bell.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127516 Posts

Thanks Obama.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15581 Posts
  • Most of the voting mass is politically illiterate. All they see is a recognized former vice president of a president they were pretty okay with, and they go with it.
  • The current field of candidates is too large. Too many candidates are likely causing decision anxiety and divided backing. Once the field is shaved down to 10 or less I expect to see him fall off in most polls.
  • Biden has a lot of corporate backing. His bigger donors are looking for a return to normalcy more than bold action or needed reforms (or actually beating Trump). As a result he's got a solid foundation for advertising and developing his campaign.
Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

You've seen the other candidates for the Democrats?

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6  Edited By judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7314 Posts

There are a number of reasons and most of the answers people gave so far make sense. Here's my take: I think a lot of people see him as a safe choice. He may not inspire them as much as other candidates, but they think he can win by being inoffensive to moderates and independents. Basically making the same mistake they made in 2016.

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 vl4d_l3nin
Member since 2013 • 3702 Posts
@judaspete said:

There are a number of reasons and most of the answers people gave so far make sense. Here's my take: I think a lot of people see him as a safe choice. He may not inspire them as much as other candidates, but they think he can win by being inoffensive to moderates and independents. Basically making the same mistake they made in 2016.

and the same mistake Republicans made in 2012.

No one learns.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36044 Posts

Personally I'm for Warren and I don't get the Biden appeal either.

Avatar image for burntbyhellfire
burntbyhellfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By burntbyhellfire
Member since 2019 • 789 Posts

again, its all a race for second place anyway.. dim establishment will pick and choose your choice, then blame racism, sexism, xenophobia, and all that other dumb shit for them losing

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23046 Posts

@Serraph105: High five!

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-63d1ad7651984

@joebones5000 said:
@warmblur said:

He's a out of touch corporate shill along with being against legalization of Marijuana and saying video games are not healthy remember this is the moron that wanted to tax violent video games lol. I was going to vote for him a couple of months ago but I just can't bring myself to it anymore what do you think about Biden why do the Dems love him so much? looks like it will be 2016 all over again.

Because he's a centrist Democrat who served in a very successful and prosperous administration with Obama for 8 years.

Most of the country is the same, centrist.

True

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

He's got name recognition and is a safe choice. Pretty simple really.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

Warren seems to be doing great I hope its either her or Yang/Sander's

Biden wanted women to be in the house raising kids instead of working jobs. I don't like that guy.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8780 Posts

@Serraph105 said:

Personally I'm for Warren and I don't get the Biden appeal either.

Same. Also the president in Detroit: Become Human was a female named Warren. Woot! So long as we don't have any robots demanding freedom, she should be a good prez.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

@burntbyhellfire said:

yup, a child groping racist speaking fondly of segregationalists are always a safe choice in the party responsible for the klan, and pedophiles like bill clinton and anthony weiner

You try too hard.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#19 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

Most people in the US are fairly to the center. So maybe he's winning that area. People also want someone who can beat Trump, and Biden's platform doesn't center on providing free healthcare to convicted terrorists or illegal aliens or taking away someone's private health insurance they have from their job. It's optics.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#20 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

There, now you know.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#21  Edited By super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

@vl4d_l3nin:

If I recall romney planted himself a bit to far to the right in 2012 during the presidental race and thus lost against Obama. This was because he ran to the right if I recall to fend off his challengers in the republican primary and had problems shifting back towards the center/center-right during the actual presidential race.

Avatar image for burntbyhellfire
burntbyhellfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 burntbyhellfire
Member since 2019 • 789 Posts

@super600 said:

@vl4d_l3nin:

If I recall romney planted himself a bit to far to the right in 2012 during the presidental race and thus lost against Obama. This was because he ran to the right if I recall to fend off his challengers in the republican primary and had problems shifting back towards the center/center-right during the actual presidential race.

no, romney lost because most people on the right couldnt trust his shifty RINO ass... with his talks of crap like romney care people just seen him as obama lite.. every single person who voted for him was only doing so to vote against obama

Fuhrer_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Fuhrer_D
Member since 2011 • 1125 Posts

If its not Tulsi, I'll write in Kasich (who I was for in 2016) in 2020.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310
deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#24 deactivated-5e9044657a310
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts

@joebones5000: he needs to open another new account and try again.

Avatar image for deactivated-5de67c4d9cb12
deactivated-5de67c4d9cb12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-5de67c4d9cb12
Member since 2019 • 392 Posts

I don't understand why you'd let dump win again just because you're not getting an ideal opponent.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#26  Edited By nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41561 Posts

I'm Warren/Harris right now.

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

‘He's a out’

Stopped reading right here.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16563 Posts

to be honest, the way they pick presidents doesn't make sense. Just going on tv and stumping stupid speeches which literally nobody except the morons in the audience actually believe in the first place. Meanwhile, 80% of people not giving a shit don't believe the crap that comes out of politicians mouths anyways. Politicians are real life snake oil salesmen.

I'd rather have a tournament, 1st round a fitness test (ie American ninja), 2nd round chess, 3rd round general knowledge, etc etc. The final round would be debates, but the first couple of rounds would weed out the morons and the snakes so the debates would be a lot more honest and interesting.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#29  Edited By Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15581 Posts

@blaznwiipspman1 said:

to be honest, the way they pick presidents doesn't make sense. Just going on tv and stumping stupid speeches which literally nobody except the morons in the audience actually believe in the first place. Meanwhile, 80% of people not giving a shit don't believe the crap that comes out of politicians mouths anyways. Politicians are real life snake oil salesmen.

I'd rather have a tournament, 1st round a fitness test (ie American ninja), 2nd round chess, 3rd round general knowledge, etc etc. The final round would be debates, but the first couple of rounds would weed out the morons and the snakes so the debates would be a lot more honest and interesting.

If you prioritize raw physical and mental aptitude over altruistic interest I can only imagine we will inevitably get Thanos for president.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16563 Posts

@Vaasman: yeah because trump is the Pinnacle of altruism. Or bill Clinton who would consistently get his **** wet from his 22 year old intern. On a darker note, bush and Regan, who laid waste to the middle East and central American countries. I'd say none of these people are altruistic and on top of that are just a few steps away from being legit mentally handicapped. Maybe a skills test would bring more decent and qualified people to the table.

Besides that, I didn't say that raw physical and mental apptitude would be the sole deciding factor, just that it would be a points based system where things would be weighted out.

BaelNergal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By BaelNergal
Member since 2019 • 570 Posts
@Vaasman said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:

If you prioritize raw physical and mental aptitude over altruistic interest I can only imagine we will inevitably get Thanos for president.

The sad thing is, given the qualities Thanos presented as a leader in the movies, he might be a better choice than Trump or most of the Dem options.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#32 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

@judaspete said:

Hilary Clinton was supposed to be a safe pick?

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#33 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

It's because polls represent boomers.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

I would honestly love to see someone that is not with any damn party at this time. I wish we could get someone that had some sense that didn't have ties. WTH does it have to be either republican or democrat. They have shown they don't accomplish much and it would be nice to see what someone that was not tied to a party could accomplish.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#37  Edited By texasgoldrush
Member since 2003 • 14918 Posts

@KungfuKitten said:
@judaspete said:

yes

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#38 texasgoldrush
Member since 2003 • 14918 Posts

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2019/08/joe-biden-gaffe-vice-president-parkland-shooting.html

This guy cannot stop with gaffes.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23942 Posts

@Xabiss said:

I would honestly love to see someone that is not with any damn party at this time. I wish we could get someone that had some sense that didn't have ties. WTH does it have to be either republican or democrat. They have shown they don't accomplish much and it would be nice to see what someone that was not tied to a party could accomplish.

Because a first past the post system inevitable leads to a two party system. Just look at how angry the MSM was at Jill Stein for siphoning votes from Hillary.

In the end, a first past the post system leads to a system where people will vote for the least awful candidate. I know so many Trump and Hillary supporters who supported their candidate not because they liked their leadership or their policies, but because how much they disliked their opposition.

BaelNergal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By BaelNergal
Member since 2019 • 570 Posts
@KungfuKitten said:
@judaspete said:

Wife of a popular President, close associate of another popular President, ties to MLK, and leftist enough to satisfy party hardliners while centrist enough to have a chance at actually winning an election. And she was a seasoned politician and debater up against a racist misogynist suffering multiple accusations of sexual predation with a record of bankruptcies and shooting his mouth off without thinking.

Basically, from the outside, her opponent might as well have been a houseplant for all the chance he should have stood against her.

What nobody expected in selecting her is that her personal connection to a number of sex scandals and people of questionable morals would become part of the political debate, that her history of victimizing rape victims as a lawyer would come back up, that her husband's history of being a sexual predator would resurface in a bad light (a history that now gives her direct ties to a pedophilia ring), that Trump would simply shrug off all of the accusations against him, that the Benghazi scandal wouldn't go away, that she wouldn't even fucking campaign, or that she how she acted during debates was scientifically proven to be simply unlikable.

On paper, she was the safest candidate. In action? She was the worst choice possible.

Avatar image for deactivated-6068afec1b77d
deactivated-6068afec1b77d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#41  Edited By deactivated-6068afec1b77d
Member since 2017 • 2539 Posts

Biden is so clumsy, I hope he doesn't become the primary Democrat candidate. He doesn't know what to say and he is a deer caught in a headlight.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#42 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41561 Posts
@headninjadog said:

Corporate Democrats are the best choice for white supremacy.

Pretty sure it's that fake "anti-war progressive" Tulsi Gabbard that's done that more.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts
@headninjadog said:

Corporate Democrats are the best choice for white supremacy.

This makes no sense. White Supermacists are usually conservatives in conservative voting districts.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7314 Posts

@KungfuKitten: Compared to Sanders, yes. Democratic establishment types don't like cadidates going too far left economically. It pisses off the corporate donors for one, but they also fear losing swing voters. It's why they focus so heavily on identity politics, so they can offer something to base without losing out on big money donors.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts
@warmblur said:

So translating the above is "I do not get why everyone else does not agree with me" .....

Biden is in the lead because he speaks to the average normal hardworking American, not just the PETA loving youth who still lacks a fundamental grasp on how the real world is.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ea0704839e9e
deactivated-5ea0704839e9e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 deactivated-5ea0704839e9e
Member since 2017 • 2335 Posts

The same liberals trashing him will be loving him, when he is running.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984

@Jacanuk said:
@warmblur said:

So translating the above is "I do not get why everyone else does not agree with me" .....

Biden is in the lead because he speaks to the average normal hardworking American, not just the PETA loving youth who still lacks a fundamental grasp on how the real work is.

More like why are the dems acting like right wingers? and why are you so triggered by my statement?

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts
@warmblur said:

More like why are the dems acting like right wingers and why are you so triggered by my statement?

Triggered not at all.

Question though why are you triggered by the democrats picking Biden?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984

@Jacanuk said:
@warmblur said:

More like why are the dems acting like right wingers and why are you so triggered by my statement?

Triggered not at all.

Question though why are you triggered by the democrats picking Biden?

Nah you're triggered dude just straight up attack me out of nowhere I must of hit a nerve or something lol. Anyways my statement was more about how can the dems be so stupid to choose someone almost as bad as Hillary Clinton I thought they would of learned their lesson by now.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127516 Posts

@Jacanuk said:
@warmblur said:

Biden is in the lead because he speaks to the average normal hardworking American, not just the PETA loving youth who still lacks a fundamental grasp on how the real world is.

Biden has the benefit of being a former vice president.