How much does the rest of the world respect Trump? Watch how the UK is advertising's Trump's official visit.

• 54 results
Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310
deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By deactivated-5e9044657a310
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts

Also a show Trump your rump campaign.

The world respects America again!!!

Avatar image for blackhairedhero
Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2 Blackhairedhero
Member since 2018 • 3231 Posts

You do realize the far right just dominated European elections right? He seems to be doing something right.

Avatar image for deactivated-6068afec1b77d
deactivated-6068afec1b77d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3 deactivated-6068afec1b77d
Member since 2017 • 2539 Posts

Will he float a second time?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-5e9044657a310

Boris Johnson, who Trump has endorsed as PM, thoughts on Trump visiting the UK.

America is respected again!!

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9816 Posts

@blackhairedhero: The far right didnt dominate anything. Dont confuse euro sceptics with clowns like Tommy Robinson who got utterly embarrassed during the elections.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#6 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41533 Posts
@blackhairedhero said:

You do realize the far right just dominated European elections right? He seems to be doing something right.

No they didn't. It was close, but pro-EU parties still have the hold. Even nationalists on the pro-EU (SNP won Scotland, Sinn Fein is still in top two of Northern Ireland's local elections) side gained strength.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#7 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

Trump is the most respected president ever and also he has the highest IQ ever. He puts the likes of Einstein and Newton to shame. He's like really really smart.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

I found this regarding how Brits look at Trump

Here is one Brit's perspective:

"A few things spring to mind.

Trump lacks certain qualities which the British traditionally esteem.

For instance, he has no class, no charm, no coolness, no credibility, no compassion, no wit, no warmth, no wisdom, no subtlety, no sensitivity, no self-awareness, no humility, no honour and no grace - all qualities, funnily enough, with which his predecessor Mr. Obama was generously blessed.

So for us, the stark contrast does rather throw Trump's limitations into embarrassingly sharp relief.

Plus, we like a laugh. And while Trump may be laughable, he has never once said anything wry, witty or even faintly amusing - not once, ever.

I don't say that rhetorically, I mean it quite literally: not once, not ever. And that fact is particularly disturbing to the British sensibility - for us, to lack humour is almost inhuman.

But with Trump, it's a fact. He doesn't even seem to understand what a joke is - his idea of a joke is a crass comment, an illiterate insult, a casual act of cruelty.

Trump is a troll. And like all trolls, he is never funny and he never laughs; he only crows or jeers.

And scarily, he doesn't just talk in crude, witless insults - he actually thinks in them. His mind is a simple bot-like algorithm of petty prejudices and knee-jerk nastiness.

There is never any under-layer of irony, complexity, nuance or depth. It's all surface.

Some Americans might see this as refreshingly upfront.

Well, we don't. We see it as having no inner world, no soul.

And in Britain we traditionally side with David, not Goliath. All our heroes are plucky underdogs: Robin Hood, Dick Whittington, Oliver Twist.

Trump is neither plucky, nor an underdog. He is the exact opposite of that.

He's not even a spoiled rich-boy, or a greedy fat-cat.

He's more a fat white slug. A Jabba the Hutt of privilege.

And worse, he is that most unforgivable of all things to the British: a bully.

That is, except when he is among bullies; then he suddenly transforms into a snivelling sidekick instead.

There are unspoken rules to this stuff - the Queensberry rules of basic decency - and he breaks them all. He punches downwards - which a gentleman should, would, could never do - and every blow he aims is below the belt. He particularly likes to kick the vulnerable or voiceless - and he kicks them when they are down.

So the fact that a significant minority - perhaps a third - of Americans look at what he does, listen to what he says, and then think 'Yeah, he seems like my kind of guy' is a matter of some confusion and no little distress to British people, given that:

• Americans are supposed to be nicer than us, and mostly are.

• You don't need a particularly keen eye for detail to spot a few flaws in the man.

This last point is what especially confuses and dismays British people, and many other people too; his faults seem pretty bloody hard to miss.

After all, it's impossible to read a single tweet, or hear him speak a sentence or two, without staring deep into the abyss. He turns being artless into an art form; he is a Picasso of pettiness; a Shakespeare of shit. His faults are fractal: even his flaws have flaws, and so on ad infinitum.

God knows there have always been stupid people in the world, and plenty of nasty people too. But rarely has stupidity been so nasty, or nastiness so stupid.

He makes Nixon look trustworthy and George W look smart.

In fact, if Frankenstein decided to make a monster assembled entirely from human flaws - he would make a Trump.

And a remorseful Doctor Frankenstein would clutch out big clumpfuls of hair and scream in anguish:

'My God... what... have... I... created?

If being a twat was a TV show, Trump would be the boxed set."

-Nate White

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

How much does the rest of the world respect trump? Not at all. And he hasn't earned respect. Most Americans don't even respect him.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10  Edited By jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts

Id take Trump any day over a Merkel or Teresa. Nigel seems alright tho, lets see if he actually gets brexit done.

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#11 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts
@jeezers said:

Id take Trump any day over a Merkel or Teresa. Nigel seems alright tho, lets see if he actually gets brexit done.

Nigel is a legend, has more popularity than the whole of parliament.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 jeezers

@Random_Matt: I believe it, he seems to want to put Brittain first. That's good ?

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

@jeezers: Would love a Trump over here in Canada instead of Trudeau.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-5e9044657a310

@horgen: my God. That's the most spot on thing I've ever read.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 jeezers

@Sevenizz: wish we could clone him and give you one. I for the most part have not liked any of our presidents, I do like trump tho he's awesome. Haters gonna hate

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Sevenizz

@joebones5000: ‘minorities’?!?

Come October we’re voting Trudeau out in favour of a conservative more in line with Trump than any of our other candidates.

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Sevenizz

@joebones5000: Lol, Biden 2020? Other than apologizing for being white and creepily touching children/women - has he talked policy, like at all?

I think you need luck a lot more than me.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 jeezers

@joebones5000: if Biden gets nominated, trump wins, nobody actually likes Biden.

rmpumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 rmpumper
Member since 2016 • 2134 Posts

@jeezers said:

@Random_Matt: I believe it, he seems to want to put Brittain first. That's good ?

If by putting Britain first you mean selling the NHS to US private insurance companies, then sure.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

@joebones5000 said:
@Sevenizz said:

@joebones5000: ‘minorities’?!?

Come October we’re voting Trudeau out in favour of a conservative more in line with Trump than any of our other candidates.

lol A conservative in Canada is more equivalent to a Democrat in the U.S. You're going to end up with a Joe Biden, just like the U.S. will in 2020. I wish you luck.

You were so accurate last elections. Oh wait, you talked shit, got embarassed, and reappeared like 4 months later.

LOL

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#25  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19543 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:

How much does the rest of the world respect trump? Not at all. And he hasn't earned respect. Most Americans don't even respect him.

True. If even most of his own people don't respect him, then why on Earth would the rest of the world have any respect for him.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@jeezers said:

@Sevenizz: wish we could clone him and give you one. I for the most part have not liked any of our presidents, I do like trump tho he's awesome. Haters gonna hate

We can send him over.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-5e9044657a310

The world respects Trump and America so much a giant penis was mowed into a lawn in London.

The world loves Trump!!!

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#28 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41533 Posts

@Random_Matt: Yes, the milkshake man is such a legend in that he adores leaving the EU, but refusing to let Scotland and Northern Ireland leave the UK in response.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38677 Posts

"We are respected again, I can tell you that. We are respected again," Trump told the naval cadets. "A lot of things have happened. We’re respected again."

https://whyy.org/articles/trump-we-are-respected-again-reality-the-opposite/

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

He is mouth breathing pond scum, but mouth breathing pond scum is platformed in US politics. For every JFK or Franklin Roosevelt we have, there are the George Wallace's and Joseph McCarthys that pull us right back into the pond.

I think that is something that perplexes most people about American politics. There was once a time when we could have successfully chipped away the slang of our past evils, but some political force comes along to regalvanize it and give it voice all over again. At least once a generation, the bottom most rung of society has a great big orgy and evils we thought were so far away boil up front and center to everything.

The sad reality is, we never stopped being a house divided since the Civil War. For the people whose deepest wish is to turn America into a religious oligarchy fueled by slave labor, Trump is the hero in this story. Not the villain.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By jeezers

@Shewgenja: what a bunch of BS lol, have fun throwing your vote away for joe biden losers

Sincerley, from a gun toting, pro choice, atheist. Your trying to box people into a mold you want them to be. Biden is an establisment lame duck canidate who hasnt proposed anything new worth talking about. The fact that hes leading the democrat clown car is hillarious. If the best they got is joe biden that shows how much of a joke thier other canidates are lol

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 jeezers

@Sevenizz: I hope you guys can vote that fake eye brow wearing pansy out lol hes such a girly man, canada deserves better... Best of luck to you

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deactivated-5e9044657a310

Lordy, the UK is just massacring Trump

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Shewgenja

@jeezers: First of all. I dont support Biden.

Second of all, Trump fans believing polls now?

Thirdly, screw Biden. Hell, screw the top of the ticket completely if it is a corp Dem. As long as progressives can show up and vote down ballot then it will be even worse for neoconfederate America. Trump could only ever be a thing at all with Republicans taking as much power as they did in 2016. A blue and progressive leaning Senate will turn him like a pig roasting over a fire. Meanwhile, giving progressives every reason to show up again in the 2022 midterms and setting the table for AOCs 2024 run.

Fourth and foremost, if the shoe fits wear it. The entire planet is tired of Trump supporters love affair with the "tells it like it is" "screw your feelings" candidate while embracing a double-speaking lying racist sack of crap. I'm just keeping it real.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#35 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7270 Posts

@Nuck81 said:

Boris Johnson, who Trump has endorsed as PM, thoughts on Trump visiting the UK.

America is respected again!!

That is amazing.

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Sevenizz

@Nuck81: London isn’t the UK anymore. All the natives have left and it’s run by foreigners.

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Sevenizz

@Shewgenja: Lol, AOC. She’s an uneducated idiot/liar. You think the rust belt and middle America will vote for her? Most Democrats laughed off her Green Deal. She can barely form a sentence and debates even worse!

I’m Canadian and trust me. Trump has fans internationally. We just don’t need to parade or cry about it in the streets. The Left like to look like fools, conservatives are...more conservative.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 jeezers

@Shewgenja: ah yes, as long as the progressives step up and vote down the line they can can stick it to trump and get a canidate you diddnt even want in the first place.

When you think about it, thats the same mentality half of trumps voters were in durring 2016 with hillary, welcome to the club buddy!

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Shewgenja

@Sevenizz: yes, confeder.. I mean conservative. Boston College Cum Laude graduates are uneducated and you graduated from?... feel free to fill in the blank. I suppose you are a Rhodes scholar or MIT grad, but most of the people I have this convo with aren't. Just another white guy with their ego in the clouds, typically.

@jeezers I freely admit, the puppet stringers in the Democratic party want nothing more than the Trump derangement complex to put the wind in the sails of a "more of the same" centrist sockpuppet. What's completely different here is that conservative voters fell for an ideologue while centrist boomer Democrats never proclaim to have ideas at all. Two very different brands of stupid, albeit, but one requires the acceptance of lies to keep the train going.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By jeezers

@Shewgenja: you can call it an ideologue all you want, trump has actually been pushing for the stuff he ran on. I feel alot of trump voters who were hesitant voting for him in 2016 will vote for him this time with open arms after watching the back and forth between him and Nancy Shumer the last 4 years.

What even is the democratic platform anymore? I dont think they know? All they seem to do is talk about Trump. Who are you rooting for in 2020 Beto?? Booker??? Warren?? The best you had was Tulsi and Yang and the democratic party will sabotage them as well.

Calling conservatives neo confederates... How progressive of you, how long are democrats just going to cry racism, proabably untill they figure out what they represent, so forever.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Shewgenja

@jeezers: Bernie/Gabbard '20 all the way for me. I also like Warren, but I do fear she lost appeal by rubbing Fox News nose in poop. Before that, I thought she had a darn good chance of being a VP.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 jeezers

@Shewgenja: those are the 2 best best dems running (though i dont agree with bernie on economics, hes not bad on other things), too bad the DNC will never let it happen. I don't know why the liberal media is going after tulsi so hard, progressives seem to hate her i dont get it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 deactivated-5e9044657a310

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50557 Posts

So very... mature of them

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By jeezers

@Chutebox: as a dawn of war fan i prefer Italy's god emperor trump float https://youtu.be/cwrswvqv8sY

Very cool lol

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50557 Posts

@jeezers: Damn haha. They put work into that

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By deactivated-6068afec1b77d

@jeezers: God emperor trump? Italy wants another fascist after they overthrew a Fascist government 75 years ago? "shrugs"

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 jeezers

@watercrack445: if you ask me the EU are the facists, arent they talking about having one massive EU millitary? Germany is the boss.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By deactivated-6068afec1b77d

@jeezers: Its very easy. Russia is towards the east and USA is towards the west. The EU doesn't trust America anymore. These are huge powerful nations with a humongous political and military ambitions. The EU is weak and they need to combine themselves to compete with the likes of USA, China, Russia and India. Or else they will became play toys for the bigger nations.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 jeezers

@watercrack445: sounds like Germany took over Europe without dropping a single bomb