How long would Biden's approval rating have to be before shows/movies would make fun of him?

• 50 results
Maxpowers_32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Maxpowers_32
Member since 2006 • 995 Posts

Right now his approval rating is about 40%, which is pretty low. Yet we don't see jokes about him in non-politicial tv shows, movies, etc. Why?

The other night I had a dream that Jay Leno was still on the air and he said "It's not looking good for Biden. His approval rating is low. How low? So low that even Jimmy Kimmel has taken a break from working with Schumer to actually do a joke about Biden. It's so low that at CNN it's fallen to it's low rating yet... 99%."

Let's say that 60% of the country disaproves of Biden. That's lower than Trump, Bush. and Reagan. Yet we saw non-stop jokes and attacks on the 3 of them from the media. Is there a disaproval rating where it gets so low that in the media they start to do jokes about him? Like if 70% of the country dissaproved of him and wanted to see jokes would you get something like 10% of the people who work at Gamespot or other media who think things aren't going in the right direction and they'd start to do the kinds of jokes everyone wants?

Just how little diversity and insulated from the people and big a shill for Biden and the democratic party are most of the people in the media?

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2 SargentD  Online
Member since 2020 • 8220 Posts

Hollywood shills for the democrat establishment. Nothing new.

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3400 Posts

I don't think it has nothing to do with approval ratings, Trump was just an easy target because he was constantly saying stupid things. Probably intentionally to keep him trending, but it is what it is, he was just a fat orange clown who couldn't keep his mouth shut.

I've seen a lot jokes being made about Biden too, but it's just unreasonable to expect at the same level.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178845 Posts

@Maxpowers_32: Highest trump ever had was 47-49%. He left office with 34-38%. Median was 44% and the average was 41%. Those were not great numbers. Anyway he made himself a target because he's not very educated, didn't know how government worked, and showed it daily.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58309 Posts

Folks didn't make fun of Trump because of his approval rating; they made fun of him because he is an idiot with an odd affectation and his stream-of-consciousness word-garbage that he said every day was--when it wasn't disturbing--dumb and easy to make fun of.

Joe Biden isn't an idiot and any time he blunders it's because he is an old fart and if you make fun of an old man, you're just a bully not really a comedian.

Not trying to defend Biden here or anything because I am not a fan, but if you're asking why we made fun of Trump and why not Biden you are an odd one, to say the least.

TLDR; we make fun of Trump because he deserves it, we don't make fun of Biden because that'd just be mean. I mean if you want to make fun of Biden's policies or hypocrisy go right ahead, but making fun of an old man that has a speech impediment is kind of a dick move.

But making fun of a guy that says "yuge" or speaks in an odd manner (that's not an impairment) or gets up on the podium and pretends to be a big strong man when he is really a weak little pussy? That's comedy gold.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19571 Posts

Trump is a much easier target than Biden.

Biden is exactly how you'd imagine a US president - just an ineffectual old man. There's not a lot of material there that hasn't been done a hundred times before.

Meanwhile, Trump is a goldmine for comedians, since he is so full of contradictions. He's a failed businessman who pretends to be successful. He's an obese elderly man who pretends to be in perfect health. He's a crook who pretends to be a paragon of law and order. He's an imbecile who pretends to do well on IQ tests. He can barely string a coherent sentence together, and yet he was one of the most powerful people on the planet.

So yeah, obviously everyone is going to target Trump. It's like...twenty years ago, if you made a comedy film with the worst possible president, you'd still invent a president more respectable than him, because nobody would have believed such a clown could get into power.

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By tjandmia
Member since 2017 • 3728 Posts

Yeah, I mean Trump was a complete disaster and was made fun of because he is basically an idiot. Not being happy with Biden is not comparable to Trump in any way.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#9 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

Folks didn't make fun of Trump because of his approval rating; they made fun of him because he is an idiot with an odd affectation and his stream-of-consciousness word-garbage that he said every day was--when it wasn't disturbing--dumb and easy to make fun of.

His punctuation was terrible... just like your paragraph sentence. lol :P

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By mrbojangles25
@Stevo_the_gamer said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

I don't know what your speaking about sometimes i just write and theres nothing wrong with that and it can run on and no and thats ok because ultimately people get my point do they knot!

Also, I'm not trying to be president.

Avatar image for deactivated-631373f44e9fd
deactivated-631373f44e9fd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-631373f44e9fd
Member since 2004 • 549 Posts

Mean tweets vs clueless old man.

YOU sit down in your chair.

Truinanashabadapressure.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#12 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

I don't know what your speaking about sometimes i just write and theres nothing wrong with that and it can run on and no and thats ok because ultimately people get my point do they knot!

lol, well played!

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#13 Eoten
Member since 2020 • 8671 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

Apparently, neither is Biden.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By mrbojangles25
@eoten said:
@mrbojangles25 said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

Apparently, neither is Biden

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 dabear
Member since 2002 • 8854 Posts

@Maxpowers_32: I read the comments in there, then remember That's My Bush, and giggle on how people thing the media isn't biased...

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

Plenty of people do make fun of Biden. It's probably missed by the right since they don't have any real comedians and have to resort to thinking Crowder is funny.

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17 JimB
Member since 2002 • 3864 Posts

@tjandmia said:

Yeah, I mean Trump was a complete disaster and was made fun of because he is basically an idiot. Not being happy with Biden is not comparable to Trump in any way.

Biden wouldn't make a patch on thew seat of Trump's pants. Trump was attacked because he was for the people not the political elites in DC and had the guts to stand up to the corrupt media.

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By tjandmia
Member since 2017 • 3728 Posts
@JimB said:
@tjandmia said:

Biden wouldn't make a patch on thew seat of Trump's pants. Trump was attacked because he was for the people not the political elites in DC and had the guts to stand up to the corrupt media.

Trump was attacked because he was a wanna be autocrat who left office with a recession, then spent $8 trillion in 4 years, while having the worst job creation and economic record since Hoover. Thankfully, he was a bumbling moron.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 LJS9502_basic

@JimB said:
@tjandmia said:

Man I can't believe anyone gets a read on trump's character and this is what they come up for. trump is for trump. He doesn't give a damn about you or anyone else.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38678 Posts

@dabear said:

@Maxpowers_32: I read the comments in there, then remember That's My Bush, and giggle on how people thing the media isn't biased...

it's almost as if capiltalist media companies are chasing clicks and dollars rather than serving the people's interests.

color me shocked.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36040 Posts

Just my opinion, but Joe is basically too boring to make decent jokes about. Be my guest though.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 comp_atkins

trump's team literally sharpie'd in a modified path of a hurricane to try to prove he was right about something he wasn't right about.

the pure petty stupidity of that vs. just admitting you were reporting outdated info is godamn comedy gold.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 6865 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

Joe Biden isn't an idiot and any time he blunders it's because he is an old fart and if you make fun of an old man, you're just a bully not really a comedian.

Not trying to defend Biden here or anything because I am not a fan, but if you're asking why we made fun of Trump and why not Biden you are an odd one, to say the least.

TLDR; we make fun of Trump because he deserves it, we don't make fun of Biden because that'd just be mean. I mean if you want to make fun of Biden's policies or hypocrisy go right ahead, but making fun of an old man that has a speech impediment is kind of a dick move.

But making fun of a guy that says "yuge" or speaks in an odd manner (that's not an impairment) or gets up on the podium and pretends to be a big strong man when he is really a weak little pussy? That's comedy gold.

Funny but that didn't stop the media from constantly torching George W. Bush.

They also treated Obama like he was a Rockstar. The media are shills for the leftist and have been for over 20 years.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#25 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34610 Posts

Like others said, people do make fun of Biden. It's just way easier and funnier to make fun of a grown orange baby.

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 JimB

@LJS9502_basic said:
@JimB said:
@tjandmia said:

Man I can't believe anyone gets a read on trump's character and this is what they come up for. trump is for trump. He doesn't give a damn about you or anyone else.

Lets compare records and see who cared more for the people Obama, Biden Or Trump. Speaking of character lets compare the ethical character of them.

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3400 Posts

:D

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#28 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

Biden is a boring character to begin with.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 LJS9502_basic

@JimB said:

Lets compare records and see who cared more for the people Obama, Biden Or Trump. Speaking of character lets compare the ethical character of them.

It definitely wasn't trump.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 comp_atkins

@JimB said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@JimB said:
@tjandmia said:

lol.

should someone tell him?

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 JimB

Angle: Allies? What Allies? | Fox News Video

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By mrbojangles25
@silentchief said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

They also treated Obama like he was a Rockstar. The media are shills for the leftist and have been for over 20 years.

Let's look at the last four Republican presidents:

Reagan was OK at the time, but hindsight has show what a shitshow he was behind scenes; lost his mind towards the end, starred in a movie with an Ape. Oh yeah and his schedule was dictated by astrology.

Bush Sr. couldn't get elected for a second term, and he absolutely knocked his tenure out of the park with the Persian Gulf War. I don't know how you screw that up.

Bush Jr took us to two unjust wars, one of which ended up being the longest conflict in US history. Plus he is an idiot that gave the media just tons of material to work with. I mean how are you not going to make fun of a guy like that.

Donald Trump, another one-term stinker. Asshole, corrupt, nepotism, silver spoon with just odd and terrible speech. Comedy goldmine.

Face it: republican presidents are stinkers. There's no way around it. I wish they were not because I would really love a good alternative to the democrats, but the GOP is just crap flavored shit with a generous sprinkling of finely aged crusty white dog turd on top.

Meanwhile let's look at Democrats.

Clinton served two terms and weathered arguably the worst personal scandal in the White House in decades. GOP and ol' Ken Starr couldn't take him out.

Barrack Obama is probably the greatest president we've had since the first half of the 20th century. Can't really make too much fun of a guy that is competent, cool, and a great speaker. You want to say how little he got done, fine, but it'd be disingenuous to not mention the obstructionist GOP. Dude literally had to tell them "Hey guys, I won. Time to play ball".

You want to go into a deep-dive of their policies and successes, we can debate all day. But on the surface the GOP are just a bunch of turds and Democrats are winners. You can't blame the media for latching on to that and taking it to its natural course.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 mrbojangles25
@comp_atkins said:
@JimB said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@JimB said:
@tjandmia said:

lol.

should someone tell him?

nah let him have his fantasy. The reality will come crushing down eventually.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 LJS9502_basic

@JimB: I don't know who you're replying to there but no one is going to take a Fox News video seriously that isn't in the cult.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 LJS9502_basic

@mrbojangles25 said:

nah let him have his fantasy. The reality will come crushing down eventually.

Ah but fantasies are why we're in this mess.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

@comp_atkins said:

trump's team literally sharpie'd in a modified path of a hurricane to try to prove he was right about something he wasn't right about.

the pure petty stupidity of that vs. just admitting you were reporting outdated info is godamn comedy gold.

Trump also gave us 'Wind mills give us cancer' and suggested that people use UV light and bleach in their body to kill COVID. There's just too much material. Biden is rather boring in comparison.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 6865 Posts
@mrbojangles25 said:
@silentchief said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

Let's look at the last four Republican presidents:

Reagan was OK at the time, but hindsight has show what a shitshow he was behind scenes; lost his mind towards the end, starred in a movie with an Ape. Oh yeah and his schedule was dictated by astrology.

Bush Sr. couldn't get elected for a second term, and he absolutely knocked his tenure out of the park with the Persian Gulf War. I don't know how you screw that up.

Bush Jr took us to two unjust wars, one of which ended up being the longest conflict in US history. Plus he is an idiot that gave the media just tons of material to work with. I mean how are you not going to make fun of a guy like that.

Donald Trump, another one-term stinker. Asshole, corrupt, nepotism, silver spoon with just odd and terrible speech. Comedy goldmine.

Face it: republican presidents are stinkers. There's no way around it. I wish they were not because I would really love a good alternative to the democrats, but the GOP is just crap flavored shit with a generous sprinkling of finely aged crusty white dog turd on top.

Meanwhile let's look at Democrats.

Clinton served two terms and weathered arguably the worst personal scandal in the White House in decades. GOP and ol' Ken Starr couldn't take him out.

Barrack Obama is probably the greatest president we've had since the first half of the 20th century. Can't really make too much fun of a guy that is competent, cool, and a great speaker. You want to say how little he got done, fine, but it'd be disingenuous to not mention the obstructionist GOP. Dude literally had to tell them "Hey guys, I won. Time to play ball".

You want to go into a deep-dive of their policies and successes, we can debate all day. But on the surface the GOP are just a bunch of turds and Democrats are winners. You can't blame the media for latching on to that and taking it to its natural course.

Sorry but Reagan wasn't a shit show. Most analyst have him as one of the best Presidents of all time.

The Afghan war wasn't unnecessary on the part of George W. People overwhelmingly supported it. Doing nothing ( as are current president would do) usually isn't the response to a terrorist attack thar killed thousands on US soil.

Clinton weathered the scandal because he had the entire media behind him. Can you imagine if a republican was doing that? Shit they couldn't stop talking about Trumps alleged affair with a Pornstar before he was in office.

And speaking of Stinkers Biden is the definition of a stinker. Gloating about the economy while every single analyst ( even CNN) was saying.... yea their is nothing to brag about. He is a bumbling moron and always has been. He stole a speech off a British politician and tried to make it is own. This was like 30 years ago and when he got caught red handed he just lied about it. At this pace he will go down as the worst president of all time. But the media will be nice to him because they feel sorry for him and he's a Democrat.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By LJS9502_basic
@silentchief said:

Sorry but Reagan wasn't a shit show. Most analyst have him as one of the best Presidents of all time.

The Afghan war wasn't unnecessary on the part of George W. People overwhelmingly supported it. Doing nothing ( as are current president would do) usually isn't the response to a terrorist attack thar killed thousands on US soil.

Clinton weathered the scandal because he had the entire media behind him. Can you imagine if a republican was doing that? Shit they couldn't stop talking about Trumps alleged affair with a Pornstar before he was in office.

And speaking of Stinkers Biden is the definition of a stinker. Gloating about the economy while every single analyst ( even CNN) was saying.... yea their is nothing to brag about. He is a bumbling moron and always has been. He stole a speech off a British politician and tried to make it is own. This was like 30 years ago and when he got caught red handed he just lied about it. At this pace he will go down as the worst president of all time. But the media will be nice to him because they feel sorry for him and he's a Democrat.

Reagan's policies were the start of the dismantlement of a strong middle/working class. I consider that a shit show.

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 JimB

@LJS9502_basic said:

@JimB: I don't know who you're replying to there but no one is going to take a Fox News video seriously that isn't in the cult.

I know, you like being kept in the dark.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 LJS9502_basic

@JimB said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Cognitive dissonance at it's finest.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23033 Posts

@JimB said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Well, I watched it, and I'm once again flabbergasted that anyone takes Fox News as a serious news source.

It opens with, "Whenever Biden meets with world leaders, you know he's going to get taken to the cleaners."

It then proceeds to say that US's allies aren't allies because they criticized the overruling of Roe. Instead, they're allies of the Democratic party.

This shit is rotting your mind, Jim. I'm embarrassed that you thought posting this would reflect positively on you.

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By JimB
@LJS9502_basic said:
@JimB said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

You like being in the dark because the truth frightens you. It may cause to rethink your beliefs. How sad.

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By SUD123456
Member since 2007 • 6949 Posts

Reagan - mixed bag. Endorsed the switch to monetary policy and reigned in runaway inflation which was killing capitalism. First round of tax cuts was good. Second round was excessive. Supply side LOL. Iran-Contra. Strong supporter of taking ozone action. Dismal war on drugs. Beyond dismal on gay rights, AIDS, etc. Dismal Middle East policy and actions. Enabled crimes against humanity in Lebanon by Israel and its allies. Star Wars failure. Handled the Soviet Union very well overall.

Because no one reads my posts, I will limit the detail on the others.

Bush Sr. - Best overall in 40 yrs. Thoughtful. Balanced. Gulf War I - not going into Iraq was very smart. Trickle down LOL.

Clinton - Rode the wave of the rise of IT tech. Wasted his second term. Most disappointing because he could have been brilliant.

Bush Jr. - Good and naive man that trusted his advisors far too much leading to huge blunders costs trillions and destabilizing the ME. Fun fact: was intent on lifting the sanctions against Iraq before 9/11.

Obama - Underwhelming. Great example of how great speaking skills doesn't translate into good policy or action. Competent caretaker.

Trump - clown show. Pathological liar and narcissist. Had no policy. Governance by reaction to news about himself.

Biden - Slow. Indecisive. Great example of the weakness of consensus decision making.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 LJS9502_basic

@JimB said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

You like being in the dark because the truth frightens you. It may cause to rethink your beliefs. How sad.

trump is history. I'm not afraid of him either that's childish to think that. My beliefs are formed by the Constitution, and yes I know trump doesn't believe in the Constitution, the law, experts be it medical or scientific etc, factual reporting, and my education.

Wiiboxstation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Wiiboxstation
Member since 2014 • 1753 Posts

Biden has been a disaster. If the media done there jobs correctly his approval rating would be in single digits.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#46 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7270 Posts

@dabear: Before the 2000 election, Trey Parker and Matt Stone had a plan to make a sitcom about whoever won. It would have been about Al Gore had things gone the other way.

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Warm_Gun
Member since 2021 • 2410 Posts

I've noticed leftists like John Oliver making fun of his age. I don't watch TV or most new movies.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

@silentchief said:

Imagine if a Republican president fell off a non moving bike or fell UP the steps of AF1. Imagine if a Republican political figure asked a handicapped, wheelchair bound man to stand up.

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 SUD123456
Member since 2007 • 6949 Posts

@Solaryellow: Imagine a POTUS wearing a tan suit.

And for the record, Reagan was senile before he left office, often had difficulty remembering people and what the topic was and fell asleep numerous times in the middle of diplomatic meetings. Some of those instances were photographed but he was never heavily skewered by the media. Years after he was gone reporters wrote that they deliberately did not trash Reagan for all the times they saw him in decline when he was still in office. For instance, Leslie Stahl is on the record in her book for cutting him slack.

Your perspective is as skewed as the other side you complain about. Perhaps complain about the completely made up schlock masquerading as news from Fox on a routine basis. Then you might gain a tiny amount of respect from me.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#50 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7270 Posts

@comp_atkins said:
@dabear said:

it's almost as if capiltalist media companies are chasing clicks and dollars rather than serving the people's interests.

color me shocked.

I know I pointed this out earlier, but I found an old interview about it. Trey Parker and Matt Stone were going to make a sitcom about whoever one the 2000 presidential election. They were expecting it to be Al Gore:

What was your reaction to Bush's apparent victory?

Parker: I'm actually surprised. I didn't think I would be, but I've been thinking about the show in terms of Al Gore for so long. But lately, as the polls came in, we started saying, "You know, this show might wind up being about George W. Bush. And it doesn't really matter." But the whole premise from the beginning was that either one of these guys totally sucks, so it'll really work either way.

https://www.salon.com/2000/11/08/parker_stone/