Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

@Jacanuk said:

Oh, snap you are right, sorry I got snow blinded there by the fact that this is normal what you post.

Yes. I do indeed normally post a thread on a worldwide mega breaking news headline. Much like the TC did. This practice is pretty normal for a political discussion site or section.

@Jacanuk said:

As to your view on the media picture in the US, well you need to take off those blinders because of CNN, ABC and especially MSNBC and the major papers NYT, Washout is all highly biased and have lowered their journalistic standards so much that it almost makes Buzzfeed look legit.

I listed a variety of news sources other than those 4 for you,

@zaryia said:

It was also headlining on AP, Reuters, The Hill, BBC, The Guardian, CBS, NPR, WSJ, PBS, etc. Most of these are extremely reputable and center or center-left at most.

To say this was was not a huge news story is objectively false. Subsequently, the direct follow up to this story regarding the testimony from Ambassador Marie Yovanov the very next day was the NEW huge headlining story.

If it's okay with you I would rather discuss this major news story rather than nonsensically debate if it was a major news story or not (it was, Jonkanik).

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#52  Edited By Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts
@zaryia said:

Yes. I do indeed normally post a thread on a worldwide mega breaking news headline. Much like the TC did. This practice is pretty normal for a political discussion site or section.

I listed a variety of news sources other than those 4 for you,

To say this was was not a huge news story is objectively false. Subsequently, the direct follow up to this story regarding the testimony from Ambassador Marie Yovanov the very next day was the NEW huge headlining story.

If it's okay with you I would rather discuss this major news story rather than nonsensically debate if it was a major news story or not (it was, Jonkanik).

Let´s debate this "groundbreaking news"

What do you want to debate? the fact that this has zero impact on Trump´s presidency or his chances in 2020, that nothing that came out here will hurt Trump.

And that in 2 weeks we will all be on to the next groundbreaking story the media finds "we should be interested in"

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Zaryia

@Jacanuk said:

Let´s debate this "groundbreaking news"

I said discuss, not necessarily debate. But yes lets do that lets finally do that. That is how a thread typically works.

Btw I never said groundbreaking, so who are you quoting?

@Jacanuk said:

What do you want to debate? the fact that this has zero impact on Trump´s presidency or his chances in 2020, that nothing that came out here will hurt Trump.

Interesting opinion on this matter. I disagree with that opinion as this news and 2 men in fact DO have relations to the entire Trump Ukraine matter, a matter which is already proving problematic for Trump.

The Trump Ukraine issue, which is fueling the major Impeachment Inquiry. Which has shifted public opinion to a majority of Americans now wanting Impeachment and Removal (51% vs 40%). A +20 Jump for Republicans alone. With even more wanting a thorough impeachment inquiry (58%).

There is no way the arrest of these two men and what they are alleged to have done is good for Trump.

@Jacanuk said:

And that in 2 weeks we will all be on to the next groundbreaking story the media finds "we should be interested in"

Well it's a pretty major story. I'd hope they would report on similar findings. They sure did with the follow up event, the hearing of the Ambassador Marie Yovanov.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#54 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

@br0kenrabbit said:
@zaryia said:

Holy shit this is bad. How do you even spin this?

I wonder if Igor and Lev are getting the good old American 'good cop, bad cop' treatment ATM.

I would waterboard them.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#55 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127513 Posts

@sonicare: Why? Isn't it shown that torture doesn't help in getting people to speak?

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

@zaryia said:
@jeezers said:

@mattbbpl: im out and about right now, but I'll make a thread about it tonight, the stuff I was looking into with china also involves John Kerry's son as well as Bidens son hunter theres alot of information out there.

Peter Shweizers book from early 2018 "Secret Empires" does a really good job laying this stuff out. I highly recommend, but ill make a thread about it when im in front of a computer later

Sounds like some Q-Anon stuff, will be fun to decimate it.

lol Peter Schweizer, friend of Steve Bannon. 'Secret Empires' has already been confirmed to host countless plagiarisms from uncited Wikipedia articles. This is the type of real 'journalism' these red hat mouth breathers love. Partisan drivel that they're willing to guzzle down.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#57 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts
@zaryia said:

I said discuss, not necessarily debate. But yes lets do that lets finally do that. That is how a thread typically works.

Btw I never said groundbreaking, so who are you quoting?

There is no way the arrest of these two men and what they are alleged to have done is good for Trump.

Ok, "discuss"

Never claimed you said "ground" breaking, you said major news. And considering that this is the closets democrats probably will ever come to an actual impeachment being viable, well you can connect the dots.

@zaryia said:Interesting opinion on this matter. I disagree with that opinion as this news and 2 men in fact DO have relations to the entire Trump Ukraine matter, a matter which is already proving problematic for Trump.

Please link the connection and the actual proof that these two was invovled in the "phone conversation with Ukraine"

@zaryia said:The Trump Ukraine issue, which is fueling the major Impeachment Inquiry. Which has shifted public opinion to a majority of Americans now wanting Impeachment and Removal (51% vs 40%). A +20 Jump for Republicans alone. With even more wanting a thorough impeachment inquiry (58%).

Well, as i said this issue would have been under any other president a non-issue and so far no smoking guns have been found, so who cares what polls say, polls are not factual evidence of anything, but it´s interesting to see the poll data and how they were made. because among republicans Trump still has the highest approval rating ever.

@zaryia said:There is no way the arrest of these two men and what they are alleged to have done is good for Trump.

Well, first of all, these two have not been found guilty neither has this any direct involvement with Trump, and the weak tie to a donators dinner at the white house is weak and will never hold up in a court of law.

So the only this is "problematic" for is Guilliani and that is where I see the tie into Trump where you, I bet, and the left media hope that it will be a case of dominos.

@zaryia said: Well it's a pretty major story. I'd hope they would report on similar findings. They sure did with the follow up event, the hearing of the Ambassador Marie Yovanov.

Again this is no bigger than anything else previously reported as groundbreaking and the new watergate by the left media.

So we just have to agree to disagree on how big it is.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#58 jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts

@HoolaHoopMan: Peter Shweizers work has been featured by the new York Times, NPR, the washington post, ABC, 60 minutes, wall street journal, national review, new York post, laugh at if you want and pretend its all fake but if his work is that rediculous all these media outlets are equally as bad, btw his book doesnt just talk about corruption with making foreign money through favors with the Bidens(Ukraine and China), (though he does have a chapter on this)

Its not just "partisan drivel" secret enpires also has a chapter dedicated to mitch McConnell making money in China through his wifes name instead of his own, much like how bidens son did with energy in Ukraine and private banks with China. McConnells money was made with millitary equipment for china, these politicians are crafty, they dont take money through thier own name, they use family members and close friends, it would be stupid to do otherwise. This is the loophole politicians use to make foriegn money with political favors without getting busted for it. I still recommend the book secret empires, its a great read.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Zaryia

@Jacanuk said:

And considering that this is the closets democrats probably will ever come to an actual impeachment being viable,

Well it seems pretty viable to me, and to most Americans at the moment. I've seen enough evidence, and more is to come. I'm fine with that. This Ukraine scandal seems pretty impeachable and he likely will be impeached over it. It's actually pretty bad and I see why public opinion shifted so quickly.

But I understand if you personally don't feel that way.

@Jacanuk said:

Please link the connection and the actual proof that these two was invovled in the "phone conversation with Ukraine"

I never said these 2 people were linked with the phone conversation, which is no longer the only proof we have if you have kept up. They are linked with the Ukraine Scandal through other means, as described on reports from Ambassador Maria's sworn testimony a few days ago.

3. The indictment refers to a congressman, identifiable as former Texas Rep. Pete Sessions, whose assistance Mr. Parnas sought in “causing the U.S. government to remove or recall the then-U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine.” The indictment says those efforts were conducted “at least in part, at the request of one or more Ukrainian government officials.” Mr. Sessions didn’t respond to a request for comment. In May 2018, Mr. Sessions, a Republican, sent a letter to Secretary of State Mike Pompeo asking for her removal, saying he had been told [Marie] Yovanovitch was displaying a bias against the president in private conversations…Mr. Trump moved to oust Ms. Yovanovitch this spring after Mr. Giuliani told him that she was undermining him abroad and hindering efforts to investigate Mr. Biden. House committees are seeking Ms. Yovanovitch’s testimony.

These 2 men are certainly just more fuel to the Ukrain Scandal impeachment for the Dems, and American Public.

@Jacanuk said:

Well, as i said this issue would have been under any other president a non-issue and so far no smoking guns have been found, so who cares what polls say, polls are not factual evidence of anything, but it´s interesting to see the poll data and how they were made. because among republicans Trump still has the highest approval rating ever.

That's your opinion, and one most Americans and the ICIG disagrees with. Also the transcripts, testimonies, WB-Report, and text messages factually do count as evidence going by any legal standard. I mean c'mon man we have it in direct writing saying the crazy shit. These pieces of evidence is what caused a massive sway in public opinion within ONE WEEK.

Polling is not evidence of wrong doing, but shows Americans thoughts on the evidence so far. And it's bad (51 vs 40).

@Jacanuk said:

neither has this any direct involvement with Trump,

So the only this is "problematic" for is Guilliani and that is where I see the tie into Trump where you, I bet, and the left media hope that it will be a case of dominos.

Like I said earlier, it's loose. But certainly there (and direct according to Maria)

1. Prosecutors say Lev Parnas and Igor Fruman helped Trump attorney Rudy Giuliani meet a Ukrainian prosecutor as the former New York mayor pressed for an investigation into Trump's political rival, Joe Biden

2. In May 2018 the pair allegedly gave $325,000 to the pro-Trump super PAC America First Action through an LLC called Global Energy Producers (a spokeswoman for America First Action told the Journal that following a July 2018 complaint, the super PAC placed the contribution in a segregated bank account, and that the donation “has not been used for any purpose and the funds will remain in this segregated account until these matters are resolved”). That same month, both men had dinner with Trump, according to since-deleted Facebook posts, and met with Donald Trump Jr. later in May at a fundraising breakfast in Beverly Hills, California.

3. The indictment refers to a congressman, identifiable as former Texas Rep. Pete Sessions, whose assistance Mr. Parnas sought in “causing the U.S. government to remove or recall the then-U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine.” The indictment says those efforts were conducted “at least in part, at the request of one or more Ukrainian government officials.” Mr. Sessions didn’t respond to a request for comment. In May 2018, Mr. Sessions, a Republican, sent a letter to Secretary of State Mike Pompeo asking for her removal, saying he had been told [Marie] Yovanovitch was displaying a bias against the president in private conversations…Mr. Trump moved to oust Ms. Yovanovitch this spring after Mr. Giuliani told him that she was undermining him abroad and hindering efforts to investigate Mr. Biden. House committees are seeking Ms. Yovanovitch’s testimony.

@Jacanuk said:

So we just have to agree to disagree on how big it is.

I'm never going to "agree to disagree" to factually incorrect statements.

This was big news last week and headlining at almost every major news source. Just like the follow up story regarding the Ambassador these 2 men helped oust.

Expect Sunderland's testimony to be the TOP story of Monday. Absolute top headlining.