Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#51 deactivated-622fe92f3678e
Member since 2021 • 1836 Posts

@sirleothelion: 🤣

Your qol would be lower and thr areas worse. Coming from California to Arizona i can confirm this. Californis blows Arizona out of the water! Blue states are just nicer places to live.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts
@sirleothelion said:
@zaryia said:
@silentchief said:
@xdude85 said:

@vfighter: California isn't a blight to the world, but nice try though.

California by most objective standards is a shithole.

@xdude85 said:

California objectively has a higher Human Development Index and Quality of Life than most Red States. That is it's a better place to live in on average than most Republican controlled States.

So if CA is "objectively" a shit hole, I can only imagine what you think of a majority of Red States.

Ngl if I lived in California and worked for Google making $180K+ getting taxed the hell out of, I'd have long moved out and into a decent red Midwestern state where I'd live in a massive house and have a significantly higher QOL than I would have in California.

Wouldn't be surprised if others are doing that now that working from home (virtually) is supposedly permanent if you work for Google. Makes sense to combine blue state wages with red state costs of living to get the best of both worlds. California couldn't compete.

Then this would be a highly anecdotal (and hypothetical) situation, and wouldn't change the factual stats I wrote.

Would you leave your house much in that mid-western state? Could but a town with shit all to do, trash roads, no hospital near you, no decent stores, no night life, etc. This is why people move to Texas, one of the few low cost Red States that also has decent living standards. Although I believe that's mostly in the blue counties of TX, but I could be wrong there.

Avatar image for deactivated-61302760efd95
deactivated-61302760efd95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#53  Edited By deactivated-61302760efd95
Member since 2020 • 75 Posts
@thenation said:

Your qol would be lower and thr areas worse. Coming from California to Arizona i can confirm this. Californis blows Arizona out of the water! Blue states are just nicer places to live.

You seem so full of yourself that you forget the cost of living in the cheapest state (Mississippi) and the cost of living in California. I'm going to take my $180K and move to a state where I'd keep way, way more of it to myself and far away from a state that's going to want to try to rob me of every cent I make to give to someone who does nothing.

I'd live in a studio apartment in downtown San Diego on that income. I'd live in a mansion in Mississippi and then still have money to buy expensive cars.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178846 Posts

@sirleothelion said:
@thenation said:

You seem so full of yourself that you forget the cost of living in the cheapest state (Mississippi) and the cost of living in California. I'm going to take my $180K and move to a state where I'd keep way, way more of it to myself and far away from a state that's going to want to try to rob me of every cent I make to give to someone who does nothing.

I'd like in a studio apartment in downtown San Diego on that income. I'd live in a mansion in Mississippi and then still have money to buy expensive cars.

No one wants to live in Mississippi. Quality of life is important and you are overlooking that big time.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By deactivated-61302760efd95

@LJS9502_basic: No one wants to live there yet people do and they remain there. I could say the same about California but it's all subjective.

There are decent cities in each state so that doesn't mean that I'd be off somewhere in the sticks. Would be a bit pricier than most of that respective state but there's still something to be said about the cost of living in Midwestern cities and the cost of living in California.

My opinion and you can try to challenge it all you want. I'd be far richer if I was able to keep more of my money than letting the government take it from me the way they would in California and so I'd still book it out of that state first chance I got.

Edit: Let's play a game. Try to find a house like this for that price in down town San Diego. A house, not a multi family complex:

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/8230-Maunalani-Pl-Diamondhead-MS-39525/91609408_zpid/

Edit 2: Mmm, perhaps [I'm being] a bit too heated and haughty. Mea culpa, mea paenitemus, et suum cuique. You do you but I know what I'd be doing.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Silentchief  Online
Member since 2021 • 6865 Posts
@zaryia said:
@silentchief said:
@xdude85 said:

@xdude85 said:

California objectively has a higher Human Development Index and Quality of Life than most Red States. That is it's a better place to live in on average than most Republican controlled States.

So if CA is "objectively" a shit hole, I can only imagine what you think of a majority of Red States.

California objectively has a worse QOL index then Florida which is what he was comparing it to.

https://worldpopulationreview.com/state-rankings/quality-of-life-by-state

When you factor in poverty and cost of living it is one of the worst states to live in... Period!

Other QOL measures had California ranked 50th behind those so called red states you hate so much.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.businessinsider.com/california-worst-quality-of-life-2018-3%3famp

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#57 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38678 Posts

@sirleothelion said:
@zaryia said:
@silentchief said:
@xdude85 said:

@xdude85 said:

Ngl if I lived in California and worked for Google making $180K+ getting taxed the hell out of, I'd have long moved out and into a decent red Midwestern state where I'd live in a massive house and have a significantly higher QOL than I would have in California.

Wouldn't be surprised if others are doing that now that working from home (virtually) is supposedly permanent if you work for Google. Makes sense to combine blue state wages with red state costs of living to get the best of both worlds. California couldn't compete.

companies aren't stupid. they're already adjusting salaries for people who want to work remote from a low COL area.

Avatar image for deactivated-622fe92f3678e
deactivated-622fe92f3678e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 deactivated-622fe92f3678e

@sirleothelion: A little over priced

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Zaryia
@silentchief said:
@zaryia said:

California objectively has a worse QOL index then Florida which is what he was comparing it to.

I was primarily going by your post and you never mentioned Florida.

@silentchief said:

The above post is factually incorrect. You quite literally posted a lie. I have googled literally every QOl Index and HDI chart and none of them show this. The second post I quoted said CA Is not a blight. And he is correct. He did not mention FL.

@silentchief said:

Other QOL measures had California ranked 50th behind those so called red states you hate so much.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.businessinsider.com/california-worst-quality-of-life-2018-3%3famp

Red-Herring. This is not a total QOL Study. This is Natural Environment Study by US News. And US News uses this facet, among several others, in their full QOL chart which is their "Best States Rankings" list. Dig deeper in your own link next time, they got the data from this page:

Best States for Natural Environment | US News Best States

The QOLs I'm talking about (as shown in the below definition I will link) look at natural environment but also infrastructure, life expectancy, crime, economy, schooling, mortality rate, health, healthcare etc. HDI itself is a type of QOL measure. Quality of life - Wikipedia

CA is average or above average in every QOL study I can find.

Random QOL measures:

• Quality Of Life By State 2021 (worldpopulationreview.com)
  • Best States to Live in (wallethub.com)
  • Overall Best States Rankings | US News Best States

HDIQOL measures (Nice of you to skip the far stronger measure):

• List of U.S. states and territories by Human Development Index - Wikipedia
  • Measuring America: 10 Years and Counting (measureofamerica.org)

Obviously CA isn't the best. And yes some Red States like FL are better in some years and some total studies. But that isn't what the quote I refuted said nor what I argued against.

The posts I quoted said CA was a shithole by most objective standards. This is false, and a lie. The other post said CA is not a blight. And that was true. It's pretty average, and well above average in some charts.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 deactivated-61302760efd95

@comp_atkins: You seem awfully sure about yourself. By companies did you mean all or just some?

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#61 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38678 Posts

@deactivated-61302760efd95 said:

@comp_atkins: You seem awfully sure about yourself. By companies did you mean all or just some?

it was a pretty well reported story. aside from that, many large companies regularly take geography into consideration for compensation. this is nothing new. the companies don't just pay these high salaries because their programmers are just so spectacular. COL plays a factor.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/05/21/zuckerberg-50percent-of-facebook-employees-could-be-working-remotely.html

https://www.reuters.com/world/the-great-reboot/pay-cut-google-employees-who-work-home-could-lose-money-2021-08-10/

https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/san-francisco-company-pays-employees-20000-to-help-relocate-during-pandemic/2364717/

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Zaryia

Florida's GOP strongholds buck DeSantis on virus measures | TheHill

Overwhelmed by COVID-19, Taylor County Schools will shutter for 2 days (tallahassee.com)

DeathSantis is pretty bad at this.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Silentchief  Online

@zaryia: The above post is factually incorrect. You quite literally posted a lie. I have googled literally every QOl Index and HDI chart and none of them show this. The second post I quoted said CA Is not a blight. And he is correct. He did not mention FL.

This thread is about Florida, Based off the QOL stats you use California is in fact worse then the red state of Florida

https://worldpopulationreview.com/state-rankings/quality-of-life-by-state

@zaryia: The posts I quoted said CA was a shithole by most objective standards. This is false, and a lie. The other post said CA is not a blight. And that was true. It's pretty average, and well above average in some charts.

I think what people bring up more specifically is the fact that it's cost of living is outrageous and the poverty measures based off that has California as the poorrest state in the nation. It's also ironic that for all its efforts in green energy and liberal policies it is one of the worst states to live in based off environmental QOL. It's only saving grace are the multi trillion dollar companies headquartered their that pushes its HDI off the charts

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Zaryia
@silentchief said:

@zaryia: The above post is factually incorrect. You quite literally posted a lie. I have googled literally every QOl Index and HDI chart and none of them show this. The second post I quoted said CA Is not a blight. And he is correct. He did not mention FL.

This thread is about Florida,

So? These are the specific posts I directly responded to,

@silentchief said:

@xdude85 said:

I was simply and directly responding to the above 2 sentences.

Nothing else and nothing more. The first being extremely incorrect, literally QOL measure I can find has Cali anything near shithole status. It's all either middling or higher.

@silentchief said:

It's only saving grace are the multi trillion dollar companies headquartered their that pushes its HDI off the charts

And health, healthcare, education, mortality rate, etc. I got this from clicking the methodology page of all the QOL charts I posted.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Silentchief  Online
@zaryia said:
@silentchief said:

@zaryia: The above post is factually incorrect. You quite literally posted a lie. I ha googled literally every QOl Index and HDI chart and none of them show this. The second post I quoted said CA Is not a blight. And he is correct. He did not mention FL.

This thread is about Florida,

So? These are the specific posts I directly responded to,

@silentchief said:

California by most objective https://www.google.com/amp/s/calmatters.org/commentary/2019/09/high-cost-california-no-1-in-poverty/ is a shithole.

@xdude85 said:

I was simply and directly responding to the above 2 sentences.

Nothing else and nothing more. The first being extremely incorrect, literally QOL measure I can find has Cali anything near shithole status. It's all either middling or higher.

@silentchief said:

It's only saving grace are the multi trillion dollar companies headquartered their that pushes its HDI off the charts

And health, healthcare, education, mortality rate, etc. I got this from clicking the methodology page of all the QOL charts I posted.

It ranked 38th in education

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/1079181001

At one time it was the least educated system in the nation.

https://www.kusi.com/california-ranked-as-the-least-educated-state-in-the-country/

Is the 3rd most expensive state to live in

https://worldpopulationreview.com/state-rankings/most-expensive-states-to-live-in

Highest poverty based off the SPM

https://www.google.com/amp/s/calmatters.org/commentary/2019/09/high-cost-california-no-1-in-poverty/

I mean those are objective arguments on why it could be considered a shithole.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By deactivated-622fe92f3678e

@silentchief: California isnt 38th on that first link its 35th. That list shows the best are mostly blue.

https://worldpopulationreview.com/state-rankings/most-educated-states

Some go to 25 with higher education being top 5. The only constant is red states are less educated than blue.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Zaryia
@silentchief said:

I mean those are objective arguments on why it could be considered a shithole.

I mean it's objectively not a shit hole going by literally any real QOL Study. You're cherry picking things CA is bad at.

Random QOL measures:

• Quality Of Life By State 2021 (worldpopulationreview.com)
  • Best States to Live in (wallethub.com)
  • Overall Best States Rankings | US News Best States

HDI QOL measures:

• List of U.S. states and territories by Human Development Index - Wikipedia
  • Measuring America: 10 Years and Counting (measureofamerica.org)
  • https://www.gamespot.com/a/uploads/original/1570/15700642/3875165-0674174997-mcegq.jpg

It's middling or high in most QOL lists. It is objectively not a shit hole.

@thenation said:

@silentchief: California isnt 38th on that first link its 35th. That list shows the best are mostly blue.

Some go to 25 with higher education being top 5. The only constant is red states are less educated than blue.

Correct, on average Blue states are much better for QOL.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Silentchief  Online

@thenation said:

https://www.kusi.com/california-ranked-as-the-least-educated-state-in-the-country/

It was the least educated state in the nation with the vast majority of its residents not having a degree.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Silentchief  Online

@zaryia: I mean it's objectively not a shit hole going by literally any real QOL Study. You're cherry picking things CA is bad at.

Your the one that set a certain QOL as the be all, end all. I'm simply stating key areas where the state does very bad., which may explain why many are in fact leaving the state. If you want to ignore those based off an outdated metric created in 1970... that's fine.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 deactivated-622fe92f3678e

@silentchief: A 3 year old article from 1 source you didnt read?

https://wallethub.com/edu/e/most-educated-states/31075

Not last.

https://ncses.nsf.gov/indicators/states/indicator/bachelors-degree-holders-per-25-44-year-olds

Not last

Not last

https://fred.stlouisfed.org/release/tables?rid=330&eid=391444&snid=391485

Not last.

Dude, California is not a shithole. Take the L.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Zaryia
@silentchief said:

@zaryia: I mean it's objectively not a shit hole going by literally any real QOL Study. You're cherry picking things CA is bad at.

Your the one that set a certain QOL as the be all, end all.

It is when someone claims a state is "objectively a shit hole". Multiple QOL methodologies show it's not. In fact, I can't find one that shows CA as a shithole.

CA is objectively average at worst, with several QOL measures showing it as well above average as well. Never is it low.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Silentchief  Online

@thenation:

According to new data from the Census Bureau, California is the least educated state in America. It ranked number one for the percentage of those over 25-years-old who have never completed ninth grade. Plus, it ranked 50th for the percentage who have graduated from high school.

Not sure how you can spin this

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 deactivated-622fe92f3678e

@silentchief: Why do you dodge all the links that prove you wrong?

https://worldpopulationreview.com/state-rankings/high-school-graduation-rates-by-state

https://www.usnews.com/education/best-high-schools/articles/see-high-school-graduation-rates-by-state

Still not last

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Silentchief  Online

@thenation said:

@silentchief: Why do you dodge all the links that prove you wrong?

https://worldpopulationreview.com/state-rankings/high-school-graduation-rates-by-state

https://www.usnews.com/education/best-high-schools/articles/see-high-school-graduation-rates-by-state

Still not last

It doesn't prove me wrong It just spins the statistics. California has the most non high school graduates per a capita.. that is a fact.. If they never went to high school that wouldn't effect the graduation rate. So if anything that makes it worse because because it proves a large part of the population never went to HS to begin with.

Your link by the way has Iowa and Kentucky ranked the best which are two deep red states which proves your argument wrong that blue states have higher education.. At least based on graduation rate.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 deactivated-622fe92f3678e

@silentchief: Did you get dizzy spinning that much?

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Zaryia
@thenation said:

CA is slightly above average when combining all studies. Objectively not a shtihole like SilentChief said it was,

Lets get back on topic,

As Florida mask fight rages, more children hospitalized

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis appeals ruling that said he didn't have authority to ban mask mandates in schools - CNN

As Florida mask fight rages, more children hospitalized (apnews.com)

Ron DeSantis' Approval Rating Plummets as Florida COVID-19 Cases Skyrocket (newsweek.com)

Why is this maniac doing what he's doing lol.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6848 Posts

@zaryia said:
@thenation said:

CA is slightly above average when combining all studies. Objectively not a shtihole like SilentChief said it was,

Lets get back on topic,

As Florida mask fight rages, more children hospitalized

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis appeals ruling that said he didn't have authority to ban mask mandates in schools - CNN

As Florida mask fight rages, more children hospitalized (apnews.com)

Ron DeSantis' Approval Rating Plummets as Florida COVID-19 Cases Skyrocket (newsweek.com)

Why is this maniac doing what he's doing lol.

Trying to appeal to a certain base for his supposed presidential run (or maybe VP run?).

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23912 Posts

Good, Let them come to their senses. Florida has a lot going for it. But DeSantis is a disaster.

I am so confused. California is average at its worst and it's a shithole?

Why do I have a feeling someone isn't reading or properly vetting their sources again.

@zaryia said:
@thenation said:

@eoten: Making stuff up now?

https://usafacts.org/visualizations/coronavirus-covid-19-spread-map/

Almost all of his posts in any science related thread are fictional.

He's a walking meme.

Now, now...

He DOES at the very least not seem to argue for alien visitations on earth. So that makes him better than most of the low IQ conspiracy theory crowd.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Silentchief  Online

@thenation said:

Yet you can't refute the simple fact California is the least educated state. You went to high school graduation rate and Im simply telling you how it's still true.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Silentchief  Online
@Maroxad said:

Good, Let them come to their senses. Florida has a lot going for it. But DeSantis is a disaster.

I am so confused. California is average at its worst and it's a shithole?

Why do I have a feeling someone isn't reading or properly vetting their sources again.

@zaryia said:
@thenation said:

@eoten: Making stuff up now?

https://usafacts.org/visualizations/coronavirus-covid-19-spread-map/

Almost all of his posts in any science related thread are fictional.

He's a walking meme.

Now, now...

He DOES at the very least not seem to argue for alien visitations on earth. So that makes him better than most of the low IQ conspiracy theory crowd.

Speaking of conspiracy theory is Trump still a Russian agent 🤔?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 LJS9502_basic

@silentchief said:
@thenation said:

Yet you can't refute the simple fact California is the least educated state. You went to high school graduation rate and Im simply telling you how it's still true.

This does not say California is number 1

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Maroxad

@silentchief: I don't understand your strawman. People, as far as I know, were saying that Trump was an Asset, or a Useful Idiot. Which is far different from what you are implying.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 deactivated-622fe92f3678e

@silentchief: I have refuted you, multiple times.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#84  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44564 Posts

Jim Jones got several hundred people to willingly drink cyanide laced Flavor Aid in one of the largest ritual suicides in semi-modern times. But the GOP and DeSantis are worse. The politicians and their followers are doing this to themselves and racking up death counts by the thousands with their aversion to vaccines, masks, social distancing.

You'd be giving them too much credit to think they'd ever turn on themselves though. Even with people dying faster than they can dispose of them and hospitals full and people catching ill all over, these people just use their own self inflicted misery to say "it's not working so therefor I won't be wearing a mask or get vaccinated".

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Silentchief  Online

@thenation: And I explained to you how you were wrong. High school graduation rate doesn't refute the article I posted.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Silentchief  Online
@Maroxad said:

@silentchief: I don't understand your strawman. People, as far as I know, were saying that Trump was an Asset, or a Useful Idiot. Which is far different from what you are implying.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/jan/29/trump-russia-asset-claims-former-kgb-spy-new-book

Lmao ok.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKCN1R72S0

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#87 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

@silentchief said:
@Maroxad said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/jan/29/trump-russia-asset-claims-former-kgb-spy-new-book

Lmao ok.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKCN1R72S0

From your own source

When asked specifically about accusations of collusion and obstruction of justice, 48 percent of poll respondents said they believed “Trump or someone from his campaign worked with Russia to influence the 2016 election,” down 6 percentage points from last week.

Your first source portrays him as an useful idiot.

The ex-major recalled: “For the KGB, it was a charm offensive. They had collected a lot of information on his personality so they knew who he was personally. The feeling was that he was extremely vulnerable intellectually, and psychologically, and he was prone to flattery.

“This is what they exploited. They played the game as if they were immensely impressed by his personality and believed this is the guy who should be the president of the United States one day: it is people like him who could change the world. They fed him these so-called active measures soundbites and it happened. So it was a big achievement for the KGB active measures at the time.”

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Maroxad

@silentchief: Thank you for proving my case with the first source.

And the second one doesnt mean people think Trump was an agent for Russia. Foreign governments tampering with other nations electoral processes has been a common theme for a long time now. The US has done this for decades. Both Britain and Nazi Germany tried to tamper with the US elections back in WW2. Also The source outright says "Trump or someone from his campaign worked with Russia to influence the 2016 election,". Also, evidence hints that there was very much someone in Trump's campaign with strong ties to Russian Intelligence officials,

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/548794-there-was-trump-russia-collusion-and-trump-pardoned-the-colluder

Why am I responding to this red herring anyways? Honestly, mostly because I thought it was funny that ONCE AGAIN your sources add credence to the argument you are trying to refute.

The fact is, for all of Eoten's flaws when it comes to scientific thinking. He doesnt seem to be terribly lacking in Physics. As evidenced by the fact that he seems to understand relativistic mechanics well enough on why alien visitation is incredibly unlikely.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Silentchief  Online

@horgen: Then why spend billions investigating him if he's a Useful Idiot. It let a little beyond that with the leftwing conspiracy theories.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Silentchief  Online
@Maroxad said:

And the second one doesnt mean people think Trump was an agent for Russia. Foreign governments tampering with other nations electoral processes has been a common theme for a long time now. The US has done this for decades. Both Britain and Nazi Germany tried to tamper with the US elections back in WW2. Also The source outright says "Trump or someone from his campaign worked with Russia to influence the 2016 election,". Also, evidence hints that there was very much someone in Trump's campaign with strong ties to Russian Intelligence officials,

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/548794-there-was-trump-russia-collusion-and-trump-pardoned-the-colluder

Why am I responding to this red herring anyways? Honestly, mostly because I thought it was funny that ONCE AGAIN your sources add credence to the argument you are trying to refute.

The fact is, for all of Eoten's flaws when it comes to scientific thinking. He doesnt seem to be terribly lacking in Physics. As evidenced by the fact that he seems to understand relativistic mechanics well enough on why alien visitation is incredibly unlikely.

The link doesn't prove your case. Your inability to remember the basics from two years ago is at least amusing. The term Putins Puppet and Russisn Agent were thrown around repeatedly by main stream leftwing media. And the overwhelming amount of Democrats that thought Trump was actually working with Russia to steal an election was laughably high. The pole doesn't differentiate those who thought he was a Useful Idiot from those who thought he was an evil mastermind. It does show that an overwhelming amount thought he was involved which at this point is embarrassing.

The fact is my point in arguing with you about Aliens wasn't because I believed they were here. It to show you how utterly incompetent and dumbfounded are intelligence community was. And for some reason despite the multiple links that backed this up you were unwilling to admit it. It seems that went right over your head and you actually thought the point of the argument was that Aliens visited earth. No the point was to show you that are federal government was so incompetent they got stumped by weather balloons. But your lack of reading comprehension really isn't surprising at this point.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Maroxad
@silentchief said:
@Maroxad said:

The link doesn't prove your case. Your inability to remember the basics from two years ago is at least amusing. The term Putins Puppet and Russisn Agent were thrown around repeatedly by main stream leftwing media. And the overwhelming amount of Democrats that thought Trump was actually working with Russia to steal an election was laughably high. The pole doesn't differentiate those who thought he was a Useful Idiot from those who thought he was an evil mastermind. It does show that an overwhelming amount thought he was involved which at this point is embarrassing.

The fact is my point in arguing with you about Aliens wasn't because I believed they were here. It to show you how utterly incompetent and dumbfounded are intelligence community was. And for some reason despite the multiple links that backed this up you were unwilling to admit it. It seems that went right over your head and you actually thought the point of the argument was that Aliens visited earth. No the point was to show you that are federal government was so incompetent they got stumped by weather balloons. But your lack of reading comprehension really isn't surprising at this point.

It does. You would know this if you had read it.

Also, you do realize the aliens comment had nothing to do with you? It had to do because that was the ONE TIME Eoten was right.

Between Transgender Denial, Anything to do with Climate Change, Anything to do with Viruses or Vaccines. Eoten has not exactly had a good track record on this board. But him getting Aliens right, showed that even he can be right and the "Eoten is a Meme" comment was a bit unwarranted.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 LJS9502_basic

@Maroxad said:

It had to do because that was the ONE TIME Eoten was right.

Was he? Are you sure we don't walk among you? ;p

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Silentchief  Online

@Maroxad said:
@silentchief said:
@Maroxad said:

It does. You would know this if you had read it.

Also, you do realize the aliens comment had nothing to do with you? It had to do because that was the ONE TIME Eoten was right.

It's a book to appeal to gullible morons who actually believe the KGB was watching him for 40 years. That's the point... are you saying you believe that shit and it proves your point?

I apologize, we discussed that topic and several accused me of believing aliens.. but that wasn't my point.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Maroxad

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Maroxad said:

It had to do because that was the ONE TIME Eoten was right.

Was he? Are you sure we don't walk among you? ;p

Yeah, as far as Relativistic Mechanics are concerned. Eoten isnt a complete embarassment. But relativistic mechanics arent exactly politicized yet... unless you go to Conservapedia.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 deactivated-622fe92f3678e

@silentchief: Name one conspiracy theory. And no, russia doesnt count.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#96 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

@silentchief said:

@horgen: Then why spend billions investigating him if he's a Useful Idiot. It let a little beyond that with the leftwing conspiracy theories.

Because intent matter. Because at the time it wasn't possible to tell.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Silentchief  Online

@thenation said:

@silentchief: Name one conspiracy theory. And no, russia doesnt count.

Yes it does. Leaking emails( that happened to be all true) isn't stealing an election. Trump was never a Russian agent. White supremacist don't run the police forces. Do I need to continue?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 deactivated-622fe92f3678e

@silentchief: Where is the conspiracy? You havent named one. And russia doesnt count as that was accurate.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Silentchief  Online

@thenation said:

@silentchief: Where is the conspiracy? You havent named one. And russia doesnt count as that was accurate.

It wasn't accurate. Trump wasn't an agent of Putin. Jesus christ.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 deactivated-622fe92f3678e

@silentchief: Whatever you say buddy. We will just ignore all the evidence, indictments and jail time, just for you. It wasnt a hoax.