First charges in Mueller investigation filed, arrests might come as soon as Monday. UPDATE - it's Manafort

• 167 results
lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44564 Posts

Friday's post:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/27/politics/first-charges-mueller-investigation/index.html

- - - - -

UPDATE: it's Monday, headlines that Manafort is asked to surrender himself to authorities

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/paul-manafort-trump-campaign-manager-surrender-feds-connection/story?id=50807954

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

But the whole Russia thing is fake news!

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23032 Posts

Your link is from CNN. I'm going to need a non-fake news source.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58306 Posts

@mattbbpl said:

Breitbart?

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:
@mattbbpl said:

Breitbart?

Infowars, bro.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310
deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6  Edited By deactivated-5e9044657a310
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts

Manafort.

They will pressure him for his money laundering for Trump through Russia to get the big fish.

Manafort will sing for a reduced sentence or for no jail time.

Trump is going to get nailed for obstruction some time next spring and resign by the summer.

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Mercenary848
Member since 2007 • 12139 Posts

Oh booooyyyy,they will go for the ones willing to testify and snitch first. Trump may not be arrested, but I can see an impeachment to end the worst presidency ever.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

@Mercenary848 said:

Oh booooyyyy,they will go for the ones willing to testify and snitch first. Trump may not be arrested, but I can see an impeachment to end the worst presidency ever.

I doubt much will come out of it.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#9 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@lamprey263 said:

Sorry, posting from cellphone...

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/27/politics/first-charges-mueller-investigation/index.html

So, who do you think they'll grab first? My guess is Flynn and Manafort.

Hmm, interesting but there is no words on what charges or who it is.

So i am going to hold my final thoughts until there is more info on this.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Jacanuk

@Mercenary848 said:

LOL this is going to be so fun when nothing comes of it and you get to cry some more over the lost election.

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Mercenary848

@Jacanuk said:
@lamprey263 said:

Sorry, posting from cellphone...

So, who do you think they'll grab first? My guess is Flynn and Manafort.

Hmm, interesting but there is no words on what charges or who it is.

So i am going to hold my final thoughts until there is more info on this.

@Jacanuk said:
@Mercenary848 said:

LOL this is going to be so fun when nothing comes of it and you get to cry some more over the lost election.

Of course, because you are a brainwashed trumpkin.....and the saddest part is you think everyone else is crazy.

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 JimB
Member since 2002 • 3864 Posts

@Nuck81 said:

Manafort.

They will pressure him for his money laundering for Trump through Russia to get the big fish.

Trump is going to get nailed for obstruction some time next spring and resign by the summer.

Muller went after Manafort to get to Tony Podesta. Trump is not the target as much as you would like it to be.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

@JimB said:
@Nuck81 said:

Manafort.

Muller went after Manafort to get to Tony Podesta. Trump is not the target as much as you would like it to be.

lol, keep telling yourself that. You're delusional.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 horgen  Moderator

@Mercenary848 said:

Of course, because you are a brainwashed trumpkin.....and the saddest part is you think everyone else is crazy.

Tone down the language a little there ;)

I honestly doubt the investigation will reveal what many on the left side really hope for. We will have to wait and see.

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Mercenary848

@horgen said:
@Mercenary848 said:

I honestly doubt the investigation will reveal what many on the left side really hope for. We will have to wait and see.

Im middle of the road. I think there will def be things, but judging by the direction of politics everything will just get muddied.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Jacanuk

@horgen said:
@Mercenary848 said:

Yup, i agree here.

CNN and the left media has already gone bananas over this and are almost posting "breaking news Trump impeached"

But on monday we will see what all this really is

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178845 Posts

@Jacanuk said:
@horgen said:
@Mercenary848 said:

Yup, i agree here.

CNN and the left media has already gone bananas over this and are almost posting "breaking news Trump impeached"

But on monday we will see what all this really is

No one said that. Don't go bananas over this already.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#18 deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

I'm tired of getting excited about "might-be" news. When results come out, we'll see. Most likely nothing is going to happen.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 LJS9502_basic

@korvus said:

I'm tired of getting excited about "might-be" news. When results come out, we'll see. Most likely nothing is going to happen.

Well someone is definitely getting arrested.....there's that.

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#20 JimB
Member since 2002 • 3864 Posts

@perfect_blue said:
@JimB said:
@Nuck81 said:

Manafort.

There is a lot going on with the investigation you should enlighten yourself. It is coming out the collusion occurred with the Democrats and their operatives. If followed to the end result many of them will face jail time. I posted when Muller was appointed the outcome may not be what the left was hoping for.

WhatAFailure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#21 WhatAFailure
Member since 2017 • 608 Posts

Now all the Trump voting idiots who said this was a "Nothingburger" can shut up now.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 LJS9502_basic

@JimB said:
@perfect_blue said:
@JimB said:

There is a lot going on with the investigation you should enlighten yourself. It is coming out the collusion occurred with the Democrats and their operatives. If followed to the end result many of them will face jail time. I posted when Muller was appointed the outcome may not be what the left was hoping for.

No you have NO way of knowing that....but trump et al are trying to change the narrative so there is guilt somewhere and they are distracting their base with shiny baubles. I see you fell for it.

WhatAFailure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By WhatAFailure
Member since 2017 • 608 Posts

@JimB said:
@perfect_blue said:
@JimB said:

The Republicans funded the Dossier. It continued over to the Dems. Where were your complaints when it was known last year the RNC funded the Dossier?

Only when things are getting close to nailing Trump's stupid cabinet members do you start making up new fake theories.

There's no defending Manafort at this point. When FBI enter your home on a Grand Jury-approved "No Knock Raid", that's because you've fucked up. Manafort consistently ignored subpoenas and refused to cooperate with authorities.

This is all related to criminal activity involving Trump's people. The moron sure knows how to pick them (notice Trump has more resignations and firings than anyone in Presidential history).

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Jacanuk

@LJS9502_basic said:
@JimB said:
@perfect_blue said:
@JimB said:

No you have NO way of knowing that....but trump et al are trying to change the narrative so there is guilt somewhere and they are distracting their base with shiny baubles. I see you fell for it.

Funny coming from someone who's side are all standing up and cheering.

Fact is no one knows what this is before monday or later next week.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 LJS9502_basic

@Jacanuk said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@JimB said:

I don't have a side. I have my own opinions. I am not involved in group think/cult as you are. And once again we see you adding to your post count with NO substance to the discussion. Hypocrite.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Jacanuk

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Jacanuk said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@JimB said:

I don't have a side. I have my own opinions. I am not involved in group think/cult as you are. And once again we see you adding to your post count with NO substance to the discussion. Hypocrite.

LOL that is funny. Thanks i needed a good laugh.

For someone who does not have a side you sure do love hanging out on the outskirts of the left side. And not even talking about your absurd hate for Trump who seems to cloud everything you say.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 LJS9502_basic

@Jacanuk said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

LOL that is funny. Thanks i needed a good laugh.

For someone who does not have a side you sure do love hanging out on the outskirts of the left side. And not even talking about your absurd hate for Trump who seems to cloud everything you say.

Wow you can't even decide how to troll me.........either I'm a moderate or liberal. Too damn funny how you can't get your passive aggressive insults straight.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23032 Posts

This seems kind of quick for the big fish. Investigators often take years building cases to make them as ironclad as possible because if they go off half-cocked they can't fix it later.

Perhaps this is a group of small fries in the overall investigation strategy?

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By tjandmia
Member since 2017 • 3728 Posts

Notice how the trumpkins are shifting the goalposts?

More than a year ago, it became obvious to anyone who could see that the Trump campaign was colluding with Russia... The doorknobs on the right denied it. They then started a misinformation and smear campaign, one claiming that Democrats were saying that Trump himself was colluding with Russia. No one has ever claimed Trump colluded with Russia, only that his campaign did.

It just went from "fake news" to reality. Time to accept that you elected a criminal dirt bag as your president whose campaign clearly colluded with Russia.

This is just the beginning!

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#30 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

@Mercenary848 said:

Just wait until Pence takes over. Trump will seem like a saint by comparison.

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Mercenary848

@foxhound_fox: His whole administration will be called into question like never before if this really leads to impeachment. No way pence will just get a bump up, if it’s really bad enough to have him impeached

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 LJS9502_basic

@foxhound_fox said:
@Mercenary848 said:

That is a major downside.........hopefully the interim elections swing Congress the other way to make him unable to do much.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 horgen  Moderator

@LJS9502_basic said:

That is a major downside.........hopefully the interim elections swing Congress the other way to make him unable to do much.

He is more pro corporations than Trump, or he will get a lot more done?

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Mercenary848

@horgen said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

He is just as pro corporation as trump and understands the system, but might push to turn America into a theocracy.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 LJS9502_basic

@horgen said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

He'd be able get his party on board......

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 horgen  Moderator

@LJS9502_basic said:

He'd be able get his party on board......

Oh dear. Wait, that's a good thing for the rich.

@Mercenary848 said:

He is just as pro corporation as trump and understands the system, but might push to turn America into a theocracy.

No abortion and mandatory church every Sunday?

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Mercenary848

@horgen: def a big push for the pro life agenda, and certainly more support to the Christian education that devoes is trying to etch in.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 horgen  Moderator

@Mercenary848 said:

@horgen: def a big push for the pro life agenda, and certainly more support to the Christian education that devoes is trying to etch in.

If Republicans are so much for freedom and make your own choice, then this pro-life stance doesn't make much sense. Not to me at least. But then hey factor in the Christian part and it makes sense I know.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 HoolaHoopMan

@horgen said:
@Mercenary848 said:

If Republicans are so much for freedom and make your own choice, then this pro-life stance doesn't make much sense. Not to me at least. But then hey factor in the Christian part and it makes sense I know.

Of course it doesn't make sense, it's religious conservatism. Pence also attempted to pass bills allowed companies to discriminate people for their sexual orientation and backs conversion therapy for gay youth (essentially torture).

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 horgen  Moderator

@HoolaHoopMan said:

Of course it doesn't make sense, it's religious conservatism. Pence also attempted to pass bills allowed companies to discriminate people for their sexual orientation and backs conversion therapy for gay youth (essentially torture).

Conversion therapy? Damn.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 HoolaHoopMan

@horgen said:
@HoolaHoopMan said:

Yep, and for minors. He supports parents subjecting their children to cruel punishment.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#42  Edited By deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

@foxhound_fox said:

In the event that Trump has to resign in disgrace or is impeached, I highly doubt Pence will be able to govern the nation like nothing happened - assuming he doesn't go first as a fall guy or is tied to Trump. He'd follow Spiro Agnew, if anything,. I wouldn't worry about a Pence presidency unless he was elected.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 horgen  Moderator

@HoolaHoopMan said:

Yep, and for minors. He supports parents subjecting their children to cruel punishment.

Where did you guys find him? Dug him out of a 50++ year old grave?

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 HoolaHoopMan

@horgen said:
@HoolaHoopMan said:

He represents the thoughts and sentiments shared by millions of American. Welcome to Christian conservatism in the US.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 horgen  Moderator

@HoolaHoopMan said:
@horgen said:
@HoolaHoopMan said:

He represents the thoughts and sentiments shared by millions of American. Welcome to Christian conservatism in the US.

Would that be the bible belt?

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 vl4d_l3nin
Member since 2013 • 3700 Posts

@HoolaHoopMan said:

No, he doesn't. He said he was against practices that spread HIV/AIDS and in was in favor of federal funding to change sexual behavior for those willing, and at risk. This is a standard position for the GOP, especially when it comes to youth. The program in question was Ryan White CARE Act. This is not "conversion therapy". As for the whole "shock therapy" conspiracy, CARE rejected the practice long before Pence supported funding for it.

https://www.snopes.com/mike-pence-supported-gay-conversion-therapy/

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#47 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

@HoolaHoopMan said:
@horgen said:
@HoolaHoopMan said:

spanking?

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 HoolaHoopMan

@vl4d_l3nin said:
@HoolaHoopMan said:

No, he doesn't. He said he was against practices that spread HIV/AIDS and in was in favor of federal funding to change sexual behavior for those willing, and at risk. This is a standard position for the GOP, especially when it comes to youth. The program in question was Ryan White CARE Act. This is not "conversion therapy". As for the whole "shock therapy" conspiracy, CARE rejected the practice long before Pence supported funding for it.

https://www.snopes.com/mike-pence-supported-gay-conversion-therapy/

Oh, Please. His track record regarding LGTB issues is long and storied and he doesn't need to explicitly state everything to know where he stands. Look on further than his 'Religious freedom bill' to see how well he treats the community as a whole. The entire defense of Pence in this situation boils down to word play while ignoring the man's actions through out his entire political career.

He has done plenty to discriminate against the LGTB community and he would continue to do so if able to.

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 vl4d_l3nin
Member since 2013 • 3700 Posts

@HoolaHoopMan: Are you talking about the Religious Freedom Restoration Act? The one he revised to prevent LGBT discrimination, the first state law in Indiana to do so?

The Indiana amendment prohibits service providers from using the law as a legal defense for refusing to provide goods, services, facilities or accommodations. It also bars discrimination based on race, color, religion, ancestry, age, national origin, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or U.S. military service.

http://www.nola.com/politics/index.ssf/2015/04/religious_objection_laws.html

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 HoolaHoopMan

@vl4d_l3nin said:

@HoolaHoopMan: Are you talking about the Religious Freedom Restoration Act? The one he revised to prevent LGBT discrimination, the first state law in Indiana to do so?

The Indiana amendment prohibits service providers from using the law as a legal defense for refusing to provide goods, services, facilities or accommodations. It also bars discrimination based on race, color, religion, ancestry, age, national origin, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or U.S. military service.

http://www.nola.com/politics/index.ssf/2015/04/religious_objection_laws.html

Nice work trying to spin this as a win for Pence. The passing of the bill caused an outrage including state boycotts and crashed his approval ratings. Very telling when the evangelicals that supported Pence and original bill were pissed when this change gutted their ability to discriminate.

The guy signed a discriminatory bill, feels the back lash, then de-fangs it in response. But it's a win for Pence!!!