Elizabeth Warren dodging DNA test to prove her heritage.

• 96 results
N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2018/03/11/warren-taking-dna-test-prove-native-american-heritage-know/

Sunday on NBC’s “Meet the Press,” Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) said she knew who she was when host Chuck Todd when pressed her on her claims of a Native-American heritage.

When asked about taking a DNA test, Warren said, “Look, I do know. I know who I am and never used it for anything. Never got any benefit from it anywhere.”

Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310
deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 deactivated-5e9044657a310
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts

Breitbart?

Might as well come in here with a link from the blaze

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

Who cares?

resevl4rlz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 resevl4rlz
Member since 2005 • 3848 Posts

this topic isn't needed

bigfootpart2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By bigfootpart2
Member since 2013 • 1131 Posts

So she can't have Native American heritage because she looks white? My grandfather was born on an Iroquois reservation in upstate New York. He would never be mistaken for white. I can trace my Iroquois heritage back 250 years to the founding of the reservation. And yet, I'm blonde with green eyes because I also have Scandinavian ancestry. It happens.

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By vl4d_l3nin
Member since 2013 • 3702 Posts

Native American rolls are some of the best record keeping in the world. If she actually were Native American, all she would have to do would look at the records for a relative.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127517 Posts

@vl4d_l3nin said:

Native American rolls are some of the best record keeping in the world. If she actually were Native American, all we would have to do would look at the records for a relative.

Better than the church books?

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38683 Posts

she can offer up her DNA test results in exchange for trump's tax returns.

Baconstrip78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Baconstrip78
Member since 2013 • 1854 Posts

LOL breitbart?

The fact that you even read the self proclaimed “platform for the alt right” tells me everything I need to know about you.

Even Ben Shapiro knew to distance himself from that website.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

I don't get how Trump is immune from not providing far more important information, but when other politicians do it with something as irrelevant as this it's a huge story lol.

He's truly amazing.

Also lol Breitbart.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

wtf would she cave to such inane pressures?

kaealy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By kaealy
Member since 2004 • 2179 Posts

Her mother were just part native american, it's not really that strange that she could lack the characteristics of native americans but still have a heritage among them.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

@comp_atkins said:

Seconded.

At the end of the day we have Trump, a compulsive liar that contradicts himself on a daily basis. Then we have his crowd backing him in all scenarios. Assuming that Warren is lying about this, it's a drop in the bucket to Trump's lies on a weekly basis.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

@comp_atkins said:

hahahaha YES!

Ish_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Ish_basic
Member since 2002 • 5051 Posts

I admit to giggling when Trump calls her Pocahontas, but I still think this whole thing is stupid. You know how many kids I met growing up that claimed they were part Indian? Soooo many families that can trace their lineage in America to pre Civil War times have some story about this sort of thing...maybe it's the result of widespread guilt over our treatment of NA tribes and wanting to create a narrative that distances one's heritage from that. I mean, how mortified are these people when they learn someone in their past was a slave owner (remember that Saved by the Bell episode where Zack learned he was Indian and Jesse keeps apologizing to Lisa for her ancestral slave owners)?

Home dna kits are fairly new, so I imagine most people just believed their family member and passed down the story unquestioned. I doubt that tale goes any further than that with Warren. Accusations of her using this heritage to her advantage have been refuted by past employers and are otherwise unsubstantiated. Nobody gets mad at the Ancestor .com ad-guy who thought he was scottish but turns out he was German...nobody's telling him to burn his kilt. This is what being part of a metling pot means - we've got no clue where we come from. Move on.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c03000d4b1b4
deactivated-5c03000d4b1b4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-5c03000d4b1b4
Member since 2010 • 1750 Posts

she's probably a descendant of an albino native-american tribe

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#18  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58398 Posts

Once again the Right using racism, scare tactics, and genetic profiling to get their way...

@drlostrib said:

and why does it matter? The only person bringing this up is Trump with his Pocahontas comments. Nothing brings a group of white supremacists together like xenophobic white supremacy I guess?

Oh, but he was just joking, right?...

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#19  Edited By Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@n64dd said:

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2018/03/11/warren-taking-dna-test-prove-native-american-heritage-know/

Sunday on NBC’s “Meet the Press,” Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) said she knew who she was when host Chuck Todd when pressed her on her claims of a Native-American heritage.

When asked about taking a DNA test, Warren said, “Look, I do know. I know who I am and never used it for anything. Never got any benefit from it anywhere.”

As long as she does not run, who really cares about it.

But this may be a clue to if she runs or not.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#22 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

I would too if I made up my heritage.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14811 Posts

@sonicare said:

lol!

Johnny-n-Roger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#24 Johnny-n-Roger
Member since 2003 • 15151 Posts
@mrbojangles25 said:

Once again the Right using racism, scare tactics, and genetic profiling to get their way...

@drlostrib said:

and why does it matter? The only person bringing this up is Trump with his Pocahontas comments. Nothing brings a group of white supremacists together like xenophobic white supremacy I guess?

Because of course calling someone Pocahontas is "Xenophobic White Supremacy". How ultra sensitive can someone be without evaporating in the sunlight.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7316 Posts

@sonicare said:

I would too if some random jackass pressed me to take one. Jesus, the stakes in this case are so inconsequential. At least the birther movement would have had actual political ramifications if any of it had played out.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#26  Edited By Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

I'm more native than her and don't really care that she lied.

Shoot, I take advantage of affirmative action and other minority benefits. You'd be a fool not to! Power and wealth is given to those that take it.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#27  Edited By Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49576 Posts

Who cares?

Has she used it in any way, shape, or form to push an agenda/position or as any advantage? If no, then whatever.

Johnny-n-Roger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Johnny-n-Roger
@Stevo_the_gamer said:

Who cares?

Has she used it in any way, shape, or form to push an agenda/position or as any advantage? If no, then whatever.

You're being disingenuous. She claimed that she was a minority in an Association of American Law Schools directory, and was cited as Harvard Law’s “first woman of color.”

You can convince yourself that it would be entirely irrelevant if it turned out she were lying, but every time Trump makes a stupid joke he's "literally Hitler" to these folks.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#29 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49576 Posts

@Johnny-n-Roger said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:

Who cares?

You're being disingenuous. She claimed that she was a minority in an Association of American Law Schools directory, and was cited as Harvard Law’s “first woman of color.”

You can convince yourself that it would be entirely irrelevant if it turned out she were lying, but every time Trump makes a stupid joke he's "literally Hitler".

She did? That's actually hilarious.

Johnny-n-Roger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Johnny-n-Roger
@Stevo_the_gamer said:
@Johnny-n-Roger said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:

Who cares?

You can convince yourself that it would be entirely irrelevant if it turned out she were lying, but every time Trump makes a stupid joke he's "literally Hitler".

To progressives it's considered meritorious to be of non-white ethnicity. That's why I don't think it's accurate to claim that she's not using her heritage to "push an agenda/position"

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#31  Edited By Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@Stevo_the_gamer said:
@Johnny-n-Roger said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:

Who cares?

https://edition.cnn.com/2016/06/29/politics/elizabeth-warren-native-american-pocahontas/index.html

It looks like she lied and also used this "heritage" to further her career. Thank god we will never have her as a president.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#32 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

@judaspete said:
@sonicare said:

I would too if some random jackass pressed me to take one. Jesus, the stakes in this case are so inconsequential. At least the birther movement would have had actual political ramifications if any of it had played out.

As a longstanding member of several native american tribes, I find her claims to be offensive.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178855 Posts

Another non story from N64. yawn

Ish_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Ish_basic
Member since 2002 • 5051 Posts
@Johnny-n-Roger said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:
@Johnny-n-Roger said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:

Who cares?

To progressives it's considered meritorious to be of non-white ethnicity. That's why I don't think it's accurate to claim that she's not using her heritage to "push an agenda/position"

you've honestly never had a bone-ass white person tell you he/she is part indian? You can assume she's lying, but she probably believes it, and maybe it's true. But there's no evidence of her reaping any kind of hard benefits from it, like affirmative action or whatever.

If progressives like her more for the claim, well how is that any different from any politician you know? Like Trump sitting up there talkin about "Corinthians Two," gettin all the evangelicals to believe he's even touched a bible outside of swearing an oath in court.

Piisexactly4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Piisexactly4
Member since 2017 • 65 Posts

Source is shit, but.....it is super shady that she claims to be a native and used that to get a high paying job. Looking at her, I'd be surprised if she had any in her.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 mrbojangles25

@Johnny-n-Roger said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

@drlostrib said:

Because of course calling someone Pocahontas is "Xenophobic White Supremacy". How ultra sensitive can someone be without evaporating in the sunlight.

It's not so much the content of the statement as it is the context; it might seem like a small slight against her, but the fact is if we become OK with this kind of action from politicians, that is inexcusable from a societal standpoint imo.

Journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step, and we have to reign these pricks in before "Pocahontas" turns into "N*****" like we were using publicly a mere 50 years ago. These people are supposed to reflect and exhibit the best qualities of America but, no, they're trading stupid insults like some 6th grader.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 mrbojangles25

@piisexactly4 said:

Source is shit, but.....it is super shady that she claims to be a native and used that to get a high paying job. Looking at her, I'd be surprised if she had any in her.

"Looking at her..."

Right, because you can tell people's race so easily. Tell me, how do you tell when someone is 1/16 Korean? Are their eyes slanted? Do they have black hair? What about Native American? Do they have darker skin? Or specific nose shapes?

Maybe we should get out our calipers and take measurements!

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By LJS9502_basic

@mrbojangles25 said:
@piisexactly4 said:

"Looking at her..."

Right, because you can tell people's race so easily. Tell me, how do you tell when someone is 1/16 Korean? Are their eyes slanted? Do they have black hair? What about Native American? Do they have darker skin? Or specific nose shapes?

Maybe we should get out our calipers and take measurements!

Yeah I was wondering about his ability to see ancestry with just his eyes.

Johnny-n-Roger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Johnny-n-Roger

@mrbojangles25 said:
@Johnny-n-Roger said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

@drlostrib said:

It's not so much the content of the statement as it is the context; it might seem like a small slight against her, but the fact is if we become OK with this kind of action from politicians, that is inexcusable from a societal standpoint imo.

Journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step, and we have to reign these pricks in before "Pocahontas" turns into "N*****" like we were using publicly a mere 50 years ago. These people are supposed to reflect and exhibit the best qualities of America but, no, they're trading stupid insults like some 6th grader.

By "context" you mean "my slippery slope fallacy where I insists that conservatives are Nazis and Trump is literally Hitler."

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts

@Johnny-n-Roger said:
@mrbojangles25 said:
@Johnny-n-Roger said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

@drlostrib said:

By "context" you mean "my slippery slope fallacy where I insists that conservatives are Nazis and Trump is literally Hitler."

the 'Hitler' part is the only part you really need correcting.

he is not smart enough to be like Hitler so 'dictator' will do fine

Johnny-n-Roger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Johnny-n-Roger

@tryit said:
@Johnny-n-Roger said:
@mrbojangles25 said:
@Johnny-n-Roger said:

Hitler was "smart". "Nazi confirmed. Everyone look at the Nazi." they would say.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 LJS9502_basic

@Johnny-n-Roger said:
@tryit said:

Hitler was "smart". "Nazi confirmed. Everyone look at the Nazi." they would say.

So when you look at historical figures if you assign a characteristic to them then that makes you them? Do you realize how stupid that sounds?

Johnny-n-Roger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Johnny-n-Roger

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Johnny-n-Roger said:
@tryit said:

So when you look at historical figures if you assign a characteristic to them then that makes you them? Do you realize how stupid that sounds?

I was being disingenuous because I know the guy is a lost cause / troll.

The whole "literally Hitler" narrative is just as retarded sounding, so I think you're on to something there.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 LJS9502_basic

@Johnny-n-Roger said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

The whole "literally Hitler" narrative is just as ******* sounding, so the point is moot.

Well there are certain characteristics/actions of fascist dictators and trump does do some of them. Making minorities scapegoats for all the problems....demonized the free press............etc which would be the better way to word it. Throwing Hitler's name in there just results in emotional responses. Ignore the Hitler part and read up on fascist dictators. Now in the US we have checks and balances to counter any would be dictator.

Go out and vote Democratic. Republicans aren't keeping him in check. And the one thing that is important is the actual country. NOT the political parties.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 TryIt

@Johnny-n-Roger said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@Johnny-n-Roger said:
@tryit said:

The whole "literally Hitler" narrative is just as retarded sounding, so the point is moot.

again.

as a member of the left I take issue with only the 'Hitler' statement. I have never in my life nor do I know anyone personally who has ever compared Trump to Hitler.

The comparison is absurd because Trump is not nearly bright enough to be a evil mastermind.

a 'dictator wannabe'? yes a 'white supremacists? yes 'a misogynist' yes. Hitler? never

mecha_frieza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 mecha_frieza
Member since 2007 • 1305 Posts

@Baconstrip78: Facts are facts whether they come from a liberal news site or a conservative news site. That is just something that you liberals can't wrap your heads around. The funny thing about facts is that they don't care about your political affiliations and they certainly don't care about your feelings.

Johnny-n-Roger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Johnny-n-Roger

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Johnny-n-Roger said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

The whole "literally Hitler" narrative is just as ******* sounding, so the point is moot.

Well there are certain characteristics/actions of fascist dictators and trump does do some of them. Making minorities scapegoats for all the problems....demonized the free press............etc which would be the better way to word it. Throwing Hitler's name in there just results in emotional responses. Ignore the Hitler part and read up on fascist dictators. Now in the US we have checks and balances to counter any would be dictator.

Go out and vote Democratic. Republicans aren't keeping him in check. And the one thing that is important is the actual country. NOT the political parties.

Both political parties are out of line. You're only applying your "dictator" narrative on a partisan basis.

As far as "making minorities scapegoats", drink more progressive Kool Aid and watch more CNN.

It's currently only socially acceptable and legal to discriminate against white men. This narrative that these people want to bring back Jim Crowe is ****ing retarded. They're not "divisive" they actually detest this divisive Social Justice narrative that the left is force feeding the masses because "Social Justice" is discrimination by definition. The main issue you have with Trump is that you live in an ideological echo chamber.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By LJS9502_basic

@Johnny-n-Roger said:

Both political parties are out of line. You're only applying your "dictator" narrative on a partisan basis.

As far as "making minorities scapegoats", drink more progressive Kool Aid and watch more CNN.

It's currently only socially acceptable and legal to discriminate against white men. This narrative that these people want to bring back Jim Crowe is ****ing *********. They're not "divisive" they actually detest this divisive Social Justice narrative that the left is force feeding the masses because "Social Justice" is discrimination by definition. The main issue you have with Trump is that you live in an ideological echo chamber.

Trolling?

The dictator aspect was not applied to any specific party. It was applied to an individual though his party isn't doing enough to keep him in check. And for people to ignore this just shows me that the country is NOT important to them. Their perceived wins are. Which makes them unpatriotic and part of a cult of personality.

And now we veer off into crazy talk. No one is being discriminated against.

Also stop using words about disabilities as insults. It's ignorant and makes you sound like a child. I'm also tired of editing it out since it's always been against the ToU and I doubt that's changed.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 TryIt

@mecha_frieza said:

@Baconstrip78: Facts are facts whether they come from a liberal news site or a conservative news site. That is just something that you liberals can't wrap your heads around. The funny thing about facts is that they don't care about your political affiliations and they certainly don't care about your feelings.

and lies printed on a website as facts are also....not facts

as it turns out

Johnny-n-Roger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Johnny-n-Roger
@LJS9502_basic said:
@Johnny-n-Roger said:

It's currently only socially acceptable and legal to discriminate against white men. This narrative that these people want to bring back Jim Crowe is ****ing *********. They're not "divisive" they actually detest this divisive Social Justice narrative that the left is force feeding the masses because "Social Justice" is discrimination by definition. The main issue you have with Trump is that you live in an ideological echo chamber.

Trolling?

The dictator aspect was not applied to any specific party. It was applied to an individual though his party isn't doing enough to keep him in check. And for people to ignore this just shows me that the country is NOT important to them. Their perceived wins are. Which makes them unpatriotic and part of a cult of personality.

And now we veer off into crazy talk. No one is being discriminated against.

Also stop using words about disabilities as insults. It's ignorant and makes you sound like a child. I'm also tired of editing it out since it's always been against the ToU and I doubt that's changed.

If a company that is hiring is legally obligated to hire a non-white or woman, then they will literally be engaging in discrimination. You can spin this in a web of ideological or social justice rhetoric, but this is blatant discrimination by definition. You people act surprised that people votes for the party that panders to folks that want to abolish the Southern border and double down on laws that require companies to hire these minorities simply for not being white.

The reasons Trump one were

A) His hard stance on discrimination

B) His disdain for these Social Justice narratives

Trump might not get a second term, but for the Democrats to have any long-term success they are going to have to abandon their current positions on these issues.