Do you like Donald Trump?

  • 66 results
  • 1
  • 2
Avatar image for rellyto
#1 Posted by Rellyto (10 posts) -

Is he a good president? What do you think about him? Do you like him (yes/no) why?

Avatar image for JustPlainLucas
#2 Edited by JustPlainLucas (79288 posts) -

Do I like him as an entertainer? Yes. The man is unintentional comedic gold.

Do I like him as a president? No. I don't think he's mentally fit enough to make decisions that have the best interests of the people in mind.

Avatar image for jun_aka_pekto
#3 Edited by jun_aka_pekto (25234 posts) -

Nope. But then, I don't like politicians in general which include those in the opposite camp.

Avatar image for tryit
#4 Posted by TryIt (13157 posts) -

@JustPlainLucas said:

Do I like him as an entertainer? Yes. The man is unintentional comedic gold.

Do I like him as a president? No. I don't think he's mentally fit enough to make decisions that have the best interests of the people in mind.

i never liked him even as an entertainer, I have always thought he was gaudy

Avatar image for jeezers
#5 Edited by jeezers (2672 posts) -

Yeah I like him, hes always being himself, I hate most politicians. I appreciate that trump says what hes thinking and doesnt walk on egg shells. Love him or hate him, he speaks his mind and doesnt hold back. Which I like more than whispering sweet little lies to make us feel good

Avatar image for mandzilla
#7 Posted by Mandzilla (4037 posts) -

@jeezers: Apologies, I misread your post. D'oh.

Avatar image for tryit
#8 Posted by TryIt (13157 posts) -

@jeezers said:

Yeah I like him, hes always being himself, I hate most politicians. I appreciate that trump says what hes thinking and doesnt walk on egg shells. Love him or hate him, he speaks his mind and doesnt hold back. Which I like more than whispering sweet little lies to make us feel good

What do you think of Putin?

I have to say I have been researching the man a lot and I have a lot of admiration for him (more so then Trump to be honest). That said, I would not agree with him on his view of domestic politics but I do agree with him most everything else that i have been aware of

Avatar image for Archangel3371
#9 Posted by Archangel3371 (27598 posts) -

Nope. He’s ignorant and arrogant. I never cared for him before and I like him even less now.

Avatar image for mrbojangles25
#10 Edited by mrbojangles25 (43800 posts) -

If Trump had half a brain, a lick of common sense, was somewhat intelligent, had any respect for humanity in general, could understand the concept of "other people", and was able to shelve his greed for the most part, and was not president...then yes, I might like him.

I don't think he is the most terrible person in history (obviously we have genocidal maniacs, despotic rulers, and so forth) but he could be the worst human being in history.

Avatar image for jeezers
#11 Posted by jeezers (2672 posts) -

@tryit: putin is not as evil as the liberal media puts him out there as, I do think putin is harsh but he does cares about his country and people. I dont feel strongly about his, but I think it is wrong how some demonize putin and the entirety of Russia, we make better allies than enemies.

Avatar image for tryit
#12 Edited by TryIt (13157 posts) -

@jeezers said:

@tryit: putin is not as evil as the liberal media puts him out there as, I do think putin is harsh but he does cares about his country and people. I dont feel strongly about his, but I think it is wrong how some demonize putin and the entirety of Russia, we make better allies than enemies.

completely agree.

however the Right is just as guilty about being completely ignorant of the man as the Left is.

because of all the 'Russian thing'(s) going on I felt it good to get educated on the man, I am honestly impressed. he is not flawless but any stretch but he is a impressive. I know the OP was a question about Trump but i was thinking about other world leaders and I thought of Putin because I am currently engaged in learning

Avatar image for jeezers
#13 Posted by jeezers (2672 posts) -

@tryit: agreed, neocons are just as guilty. Putin puts Russia first, i cant blame him for this. It's also something I respect about trump.

Avatar image for tryit
#14 Posted by TryIt (13157 posts) -

@jeezers said:

@tryit: agreed, neocons are just as guilty. Putin puts Russia first, i cant blame him for this. It's also something I respect about trump.

I cant say the same for Trump.

I do believe Putin believes strongly in his country, hertigate and history. I dont think Trump gives a shit about that

Avatar image for hrt_rulz01
#15 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (18707 posts) -

He's a textbook narcissist, completely arrogant, only cares about himself, is a pathological liar & could cause WW3/a global depression... but other than that, he's just fine and dandy.

Avatar image for jeezers
#16 Posted by jeezers (2672 posts) -

@tryit: I believe he does, to each his own. If america succeeds trump succeeds.

Avatar image for Sevenizz
#17 Posted by Sevenizz (3657 posts) -

Yup. He’s a great man and a perfect president. Trump is the wrench in the cogwheel of globalism that quite frankly, is hell bent on destroying western civilization. Trump has no filter which might make for an annoying grandpa at the dinner table, but it’s that kind of transparency that’s perfect for the leader of the free world.

Avatar image for hallenbeck77
#18 Edited by Hallenbeck77 (15708 posts) -

We have a board for all things political. We're gonna go ahead and slide this thread over there.

Avatar image for n64dd
#19 Posted by N64DD (11687 posts) -

New alts. I am indifferent about him..he has his moments both ways.

Avatar image for jeezers
#20 Posted by jeezers (2672 posts) -

@Sevenizz: agreed

Avatar image for watercrack445
#21 Posted by watercrack445 (1455 posts) -

No, and it's not a right vs left issue. He really is a incompetent mentally ill crazy person.

Avatar image for joshrmeyer
#22 Posted by JoshRMeyer (10357 posts) -

Him as a person? No. But I like that he's exposed politicians and made people more aware of politics. I like his goals, whether they happen or not. I never understood why so many troops are in different countries. He seems to be on the same page in certain topics as most Americans although he doesn't express his thoughts clearly enough for some.

Avatar image for tryit
#23 Posted by TryIt (13157 posts) -

@joshrmeyer said:

Him as a person? No. But I like that he's exposed politicians and made people more aware of politics. I like his goals, whether they happen or not. I never understood why so many troops are in different countries. He seems to be on the same page in certain topics as most Americans although he doesn't express his thoughts clearly enough for some.

fair enough but not sure he really exposed any politician part of your statement

Avatar image for zaryia
#24 Posted by Zaryia (8269 posts) -
@jeezers said:

Which I like more than whispering sweet little lies to make us feel good

Trump has the most lies on record I believe. Over 3k since President.

Avatar image for MirkoS77
#25 Edited by MirkoS77 (14059 posts) -

The man's a complete and utter moron. He's narcissistic, egotistical, ignorant, he views women as conquests and objectifies them (to the point of lurching after his own daughter, and he's more than likely raped underage girls), he bullies and threatens, has shown inclinations towards bigotry, insults like he's literally in grade school, holds no respect for anyone that doesn't serve him, sees loyalty to him as the most important thing, holds extreme contempt for the law, for American institutions, admires authoritarians, blames everyone else for his own failures, got born with a huge silver spoon up his ass and still went bankrupt, what was it.....seven times? Even with casinos? Who the hell can bankrupt a casino? Trump can. He's corrupt and has spent his entire life stepping on others to achieve what he has.

He's a spoiled, immature child in an old man's body, and is one of the most disgusting and deplorable people I've ever seen outside of a jail cell, which if we knew everything about him, that's exactly where he'd be. Trump's everything we should teach our children not to be and he's antithetical to American values. He's a piece of human garbage and is not only an extreme embarrassment as a citizen of our country, but especially as its leader.

Avatar image for heathen75
#26 Posted by HEATHEN75 (679 posts) -

@MirkoS77 said:

The man's a complete and utter moron. He's narcissistic, egotistical, ignorant, he views women as conquests and objectifies them (to the point of lurching after his own daughter, and he's more than likely raped underage girls), he bullies and threatens, has shown inclinations towards bigotry, insults like he's literally in grade school, holds no respect for anyone that doesn't serve him, sees loyalty to him as the most important thing, holds extreme contempt for the law, for American institutions, admires authoritarians, blames everyone else for his own failures, got born with a huge silver spoon up his ass and still went bankrupt, what was it.....seven times? Even with casinos? Who the hell can bankrupt a casino? Trump can. He's corrupt and has spent his entire life stepping on others to achieve what he has.

He's a spoiled, immature child in an old man's body, and is one of the most disgusting and deplorable people I've ever seen outside of a jail cell, which if we knew everything about him, that's exactly where he'd be. Trump's everything we should teach our children not to be and he's antithetical to American values. He's a piece of human garbage.

Spot on.

Avatar image for tryit
#27 Posted by TryIt (13157 posts) -

@zaryia said:
@jeezers said:

Which I like more than whispering sweet little lies to make us feel good

Trump has the most lies on record I believe. Over 3k since President.

'fake news' says its now 6k

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2018/11/02/president-trump-has-made-false-or-misleading-claims-over-days/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.1e64aac51a53

Avatar image for horgen
#28 Posted by Horgen (120181 posts) -

@n64dd said:

New alts. I am indifferent about him..he has his moments both ways.

Yes. But whose alt is it?

@MirkoS77 said:

The man's a complete and utter moron. He's narcissistic, egotistical, ignorant, he views women as conquests and objectifies them (to the point of lurching after his own daughter, and he's more than likely raped underage girls), he bullies and threatens, has shown inclinations towards bigotry, insults like he's literally in grade school, holds no respect for anyone that doesn't serve him, sees loyalty to him as the most important thing, holds extreme contempt for the law, for American institutions, admires authoritarians, blames everyone else for his own failures, got born with a huge silver spoon up his ass and still went bankrupt, what was it.....seven times? Even with casinos? Who the hell can bankrupt a casino? Trump can. He's corrupt and has spent his entire life stepping on others to achieve what he has.

He's a spoiled, immature child in an old man's body, and is one of the most disgusting and deplorable people I've ever seen outside of a jail cell, which if we knew everything about him, that's exactly where he'd be. Trump's everything we should teach our children not to be and he's antithetical to American values. He's a piece of human garbage and is not only an extreme embarrassment as a citizen of our country, but especially as its leader.

How can you say such things about your president? He is rich so obviously he has worked hard and became successful. Only a small loan of 413 1 million dollars. Anyone can get that. And now he has billions to his name. :P

Avatar image for vl4d_l3nin
#29 Posted by vl4d_l3nin (1801 posts) -

I couldn't care less about his brashness or so called divisiveness. He's way smarter than people give him credit for, and this country was divided long before he took office.

My main problem is his lack of agenda. There isn't a way for Republicans in congress to support him, because he changes his mind so often.

Avatar image for mandzilla
#30 Posted by Mandzilla (4037 posts) -

@MirkoS77: Nailed it.

Avatar image for tryit
#31 Posted by TryIt (13157 posts) -

@vl4d_l3nin said:

I couldn't care less about his brashness or so called divisiveness. He's way smarter than people give him credit for, and this country was divided long before he took office.

My main problem is his lack of agenda. There isn't a way for Republicans in congress to support him, because he changes his mind so often.

dont you think Pence could do better?

Avatar image for Lach0121
#32 Posted by Lach0121 (11392 posts) -

@MirkoS77: Agreed, I think you pretty much covered it.

Avatar image for vl4d_l3nin
#33 Posted by vl4d_l3nin (1801 posts) -

@tryit: In terms of fulfilling an agenda, maybe. In terms of uniting the country, no. I don't know of a politician who could do that at this point.

Avatar image for horgen
#34 Posted by Horgen (120181 posts) -

@vl4d_l3nin said:

@tryit: In terms of fulfilling an agenda, maybe. In terms of uniting the country, no. I don't know of a politician who could do that at this point.

It would take more than one, that's for sure.

Avatar image for MirkoS77
#35 Edited by MirkoS77 (14059 posts) -
@horgen said:

@MirkoS77 said:

The man's a complete and utter moron. He's narcissistic, egotistical, ignorant, he views women as conquests and objectifies them (to the point of lurching after his own daughter, and he's more than likely raped underage girls), he bullies and threatens, has shown inclinations towards bigotry, insults like he's literally in grade school, holds no respect for anyone that doesn't serve him, sees loyalty to him as the most important thing, holds extreme contempt for the law, for American institutions, admires authoritarians, blames everyone else for his own failures, got born with a huge silver spoon up his ass and still went bankrupt, what was it.....seven times? Even with casinos? Who the hell can bankrupt a casino? Trump can. He's corrupt and has spent his entire life stepping on others to achieve what he has.

He's a spoiled, immature child in an old man's body, and is one of the most disgusting and deplorable people I've ever seen outside of a jail cell, which if we knew everything about him, that's exactly where he'd be. Trump's everything we should teach our children not to be and he's antithetical to American values. He's a piece of human garbage and is not only an extreme embarrassment as a citizen of our country, but especially as its leader.

How can you say such things about your president? He is rich so obviously he has worked hard and became successful. Only a small loan of 413 1 million dollars. Anyone can get that. And now he has billions to his name. :P

Is $413 million the exact number he received from Daddy, or at least what's known so far? It sure as hell ain't only $1 million.

Avatar image for n64dd
#36 Posted by N64DD (11687 posts) -

@horgen said:
@n64dd said:

New alts. I am indifferent about him..he has his moments both ways.

Yes. But whose alt is it?

@MirkoS77 said:

The man's a complete and utter moron. He's narcissistic, egotistical, ignorant, he views women as conquests and objectifies them (to the point of lurching after his own daughter, and he's more than likely raped underage girls), he bullies and threatens, has shown inclinations towards bigotry, insults like he's literally in grade school, holds no respect for anyone that doesn't serve him, sees loyalty to him as the most important thing, holds extreme contempt for the law, for American institutions, admires authoritarians, blames everyone else for his own failures, got born with a huge silver spoon up his ass and still went bankrupt, what was it.....seven times? Even with casinos? Who the hell can bankrupt a casino? Trump can. He's corrupt and has spent his entire life stepping on others to achieve what he has.

He's a spoiled, immature child in an old man's body, and is one of the most disgusting and deplorable people I've ever seen outside of a jail cell, which if we knew everything about him, that's exactly where he'd be. Trump's everything we should teach our children not to be and he's antithetical to American values. He's a piece of human garbage and is not only an extreme embarrassment as a citizen of our country, but especially as its leader.

How can you say such things about your president? He is rich so obviously he has worked hard and became successful. Only a small loan of 413 1 million dollars. Anyone can get that. And now he has billions to his name. :P

You tell me! I can't see IP's.

Avatar image for Gaming-Planet
#37 Edited by Gaming-Planet (19921 posts) -

I'll like him once he dismantles the federal reserve and gets rid of the debt based monetary system.

Avatar image for joshrmeyer
#38 Posted by JoshRMeyer (10357 posts) -

@tryit: Sorry, I didn't mean politician as a person but as a whole. So maybe I should have said "political system." I think so many people lost interest in politics and he woke them up and also shook up the system. I wish he would have handled certain things better but it's still better than another blah president that just says what we want to hear.

Avatar image for joshrmeyer
#39 Posted by JoshRMeyer (10357 posts) -

@horgen: @MirkoS77: 413 million is what it'd be in today's dollars. 1 million obviously meant 413 times more today than what it did then. Source:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/berniekent/2018/10/08/new-york-times-fred-donald-trump/#5e5d07e73d46

Avatar image for LJS9502_basic
#40 Posted by LJS9502_basic (166364 posts) -

No. He's not in the least qualified to do the job. Has the attention span of a gnat. Doesn't understand global politics. Is enriching himself, his family, and his wealthy friends at the expense of Americans. Also he cannot tell the truth ever and reactions to criticism like a childish bully.

Avatar image for pimphand_gamer
#42 Posted by PimpHand_Gamer (2855 posts) -

Yes. Although the liberals will hate him no matter what anyway.

Avatar image for pimphand_gamer
#43 Posted by PimpHand_Gamer (2855 posts) -

Yes. Although the liberals will hate him no matter what anyway.

Avatar image for drlostrib
#44 Posted by DrLostRib (4775 posts) -

no, he seems pretty shitty

Avatar image for br0kenrabbit
#45 Edited by br0kenrabbit (15954 posts) -

@jeezers said:

I appreciate that trump says what hes thinking and doesnt walk on egg shells.

In short: he has no tact.

Long form: he doesn't understand diplomacy.

IMO, both of those conditions disqualify him as a competent social actor, much less president.

Avatar image for Serraph105
#46 Posted by Serraph105 (33668 posts) -

@crimsonllama said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

No. He's not in the least qualified to do the job. Has the attention span of a gnat. Doesn't understand global politics. Is enriching himself, his family, and his wealthy friends at the expense of Americans. Also he cannot tell the truth ever and reactions to criticism like a childish bully.

so you mean he's a damn fine politician? Gasp.

da fuq? None of those are descriptions of a good politician.

Is any of this really what you look for in a leader?

Avatar image for jeezers
#47 Posted by jeezers (2672 posts) -

@br0kenrabbit: why would you want a social actor for president?

Avatar image for br0kenrabbit
#48 Posted by br0kenrabbit (15954 posts) -

@jeezers said:

@br0kenrabbit: why would you want a social actor for president?

Social actor here means 'one who interacts with people', literally 'a participant in an action or process.' Not the Hollywood type. :-\

Avatar image for horgen
#50 Posted by Horgen (120181 posts) -

@crimsonllama: Could you fix your signature image? All I get is a grey broken image link as a source. That is rather large.

@joshrmeyer said:

@horgen: @MirkoS77: 413 million is what it'd be in today's dollars. 1 million obviously meant 413 times more today than what it did then. Source:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/berniekent/2018/10/08/new-york-times-fred-donald-trump/#5e5d07e73d46

Oh I knew that 413 million was in today's dollars.