Did Trump and the far right accidentally create SJW'S?

  • 56 results
  • 1
  • 2
Avatar image for warmblur
#1 Posted by warmblur (2762 posts) -

Both sides are cringey as F*&k and make me hate humans so what do you think?

Avatar image for Sevenizz
#2 Posted by Sevenizz (4013 posts) -

Trump’s fine. You watch too much mainstream media.

Avatar image for nepu7supastar7
#3 Posted by nepu7supastar7 (5137 posts) -

@warmblur:

In a way, yes. Because of him, we felt the need to make our stance known for various issues like women's rights as well as for Transgender and the rest of the LGBTQ community. Activists had no choice but to resurface because the fruits of their labor were at risk.

Avatar image for warmblur
#4 Posted by warmblur (2762 posts) -

@Sevenizz said:

Trump’s fine. You watch too much mainstream media.

Please explain what is so fine about him?

Avatar image for LJS9502_basic
#5 Posted by LJS9502_basic (166851 posts) -

@Sevenizz said:

Trump’s fine. You watch too much mainstream media.

LOL no. He's terrible.

Avatar image for zaryia
#6 Edited by Zaryia (9431 posts) -
@Sevenizz said:

Trump’s fine. You watch too much mainstream media.

This wouldn't explain his horrible approval.

If it wasn't for inheriting Obama's economy and making sure it went in the same direction he'd be in the 20%'s.

Avatar image for MirkoS77
#7 Edited by MirkoS77 (14358 posts) -

No, SJW’s existed far before Trump did. If anything, I’d argue it the opposite: Trump wasn’t created, he’s always been an asshole, but his appeal was certainly emboldened by SJWs getting an inch and then demanding a mile. Trump is nothing but a push back of SJW extremism. He was very astute in recognizing this frustrated sentiment, honing in on it, and manipulating people by telling them what they wanted to hear to project him to the height of power.

Avatar image for LJS9502_basic
#8 Edited by LJS9502_basic (166851 posts) -

@MirkoS77 said:

No, SJW’s existed far before Trump did. If anything, I’d argue it the opposite: Trump wasn’t created, he’s always been an asshole, but his appeal was certainly emboldened by SJWs getting an inch and then demanding a mile. Trump is nothing but a push back of SJW extremism. He was very astute in recognizing this frustrated sentiment, honing in on it, and manipulating people by telling them what they wanted to hear respective to it to help him gain the height of power.

I think you give him too much credit. He just is lucky that is deplorable character found some fans.

Avatar image for SOedipus
#9 Posted by SOedipus (11546 posts) -

I think it was the SJWs that helped get Trump elected. It was their plan all along.

Avatar image for mrbojangles25
#10 Posted by mrbojangles25 (44100 posts) -

For every action there is an opposite and equal reaction.

So if you have a bunch of touchy, emotional, overly-aggressive right-wingers running the country, don't be surprised if you get a bunch of touchy, emotional, overly-progressive left-wingers trying to stop them.

So, essentially what you have is one side going "The other side is full of idiots, we will MAGA" and the other side goes "No, you're idiots! WE WILL MAGA!" then the other side goes "No, you!" followed by "Nuh-uh, you!! WE MAGA, you bad!" and then all the people on the fence feel obligated to pick a side because that drama is alienating as ****.

Avatar image for MirkoS77
#11 Posted by MirkoS77 (14358 posts) -
@LJS9502_basic said:
@MirkoS77 said:

No, SJW’s existed far before Trump did. If anything, I’d argue it the opposite: Trump wasn’t created, he’s always been an asshole, but his appeal was certainly emboldened by SJWs getting an inch and then demanding a mile. Trump is nothing but a push back of SJW extremism. He was very astute in recognizing this frustrated sentiment, honing in on it, and manipulating people by telling them what they wanted to hear respective to it to help him gain the height of power.

I think you give him too much credit. He just is lucky that is deplorable character found some fans.

Eh. I don't think people give him enough, at least in terms of being a master manipulator. I know many who deplore his character but support him anyway and parrot his rhetoric literally word for word. Trump knows it, he depends on it.

Avatar image for vfighter
#12 Edited by VFighter (5113 posts) -

@zaryia: Inheriting Obamas economy lol, you're still delusional I see.

Avatar image for zaryia
#13 Edited by Zaryia (9431 posts) -
@vfighter said:

@zaryia: Inheriting Obamas economy lol, you're still delusional I see.

Trash shit poster. Any time you post on this forum it's to randomly call me Delusional when your brain short circuits from facts you don't like.

For example, link

Literally every time you say that word you turn out to be objectively wrong, and become my Bitch shortly after. Like now,

Many of the eight factors we examined tell a common story — the start of Trump’s economy follows the trend set by the last years of Obama’s economy. We’ll keep an eye out as the president’s policy changes — from tariffs to taxes — settle into the U.S. and global markets, but as of now, Trump is still working off the base Obama built.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2018/09/18/trump-economy-versus-obama-economy/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.a7a9f8f7afa8

You are my dog.

Avatar image for Nuck81
#14 Posted by Nuck81 (7707 posts) -

@zaryia: damn son. You just destroyed that kid

Avatar image for sonicare
#15 Posted by sonicare (56793 posts) -

I'm a SJW. Here comes my self righteousness. all bow before me.

Avatar image for Sevenizz
#16 Posted by Sevenizz (4013 posts) -

@nepu7supastar7: How has Trump hurt LBGT rights? You realize he’s the first president in US history to take oath supporting gay marriage, right?

Avatar image for jeezers
#17 Posted by jeezers (3146 posts) -

SJWs created the Alt Right

Avatar image for npiet1
#18 Posted by npiet1 (2466 posts) -

Sjws got trump into office. Then trump getting into office made more sjws.

Avatar image for nintendoboy16
#19 Posted by nintendoboy16 (36465 posts) -

Maybe not, but they helped in instigating them for sure.

Avatar image for nepu7supastar7
#20 Posted by nepu7supastar7 (5137 posts) -

@Sevenizz:

He also supported keeping transgender away from the military. And what HAS he done for the gay community? All I remember was that gay couple who couldn't get a wedding cake and loss the legal battle.

Avatar image for Treflis
#21 Edited by Treflis (13657 posts) -

I think both sides are so deeply focused into the political differences nowadays that I wouldn't be surprise if we start to see a increase with hostilities towards each other.

And apparently the US is fine with it.

Avatar image for Sevenizz
#22 Edited by Sevenizz (4013 posts) -

@nepu7supastar7: So? Many people with a mental illness are barred from the military.

Also, the wedding cake fiasco was during the Obama administration. It’s also a Supreme Court issue a president has no business with.

Avatar image for Gaming-Planet
#23 Posted by Gaming-Planet (20005 posts) -

The far left began to proliferate under the Obama administration.

Avatar image for Gaming-Planet
#24 Posted by Gaming-Planet (20005 posts) -
@nintendoboy16 said:

Maybe not, but they helped in instigating them for sure.

How?

SJWs started showing their stupid face around 2011.

Avatar image for nintendoboy16
#25 Posted by nintendoboy16 (36465 posts) -

@Gaming-Planet: I'm pretty sure the actual far left HATED Obama as much as Republicans did.

Avatar image for nepu7supastar7
#26 Posted by nepu7supastar7 (5137 posts) -

@Sevenizz:

You call it a mental illness and you have no sympathy towards them. That proves my point. Trump is a piece of shít.

Avatar image for Sevenizz
#27 Posted by Sevenizz (4013 posts) -

@nepu7supastar7: Because it is? Where did I say I have no sympathy?

Avatar image for blackhairedhero
#28 Posted by Blackhairedhero (3233 posts) -

SJW's were around in full force before Trump was even in politics. So no.

Avatar image for horgen
#29 Posted by Horgen (120879 posts) -

@Treflis said:

I think both sides are so deeply focused into the political differences nowadays that I wouldn't be surprise if we see start to see a increase with hostilities towards each other.

And apparently the US is fine with it.

Creates good ratings in the news I guess.

Avatar image for Gaming-Planet
#30 Edited by Gaming-Planet (20005 posts) -
@nintendoboy16 said:

@Gaming-Planet: I'm pretty sure the actual far left HATED Obama as much as Republicans did.

They did and still do but nonetheless, they still proliferated under his term.

Feminism

Black Lives Matter

Gender fluid

Trangenderism

LGBTQ+

Anti white rhetoric.

Anti western rhetoric.

GamerGate

Avatar image for nintendoboy16
#31 Posted by nintendoboy16 (36465 posts) -
@Gaming-Planet said:
@nintendoboy16 said:

@Gaming-Planet: I'm pretty sure the actual far left HATED Obama as much as Republicans did.

They did and still do but nonetheless, they still proliferated under his term.

Feminism

Black Lives Matter

Gender fluid

Trangenderism

LGBTQ+

Anti white rhetoric.

Anti western rhetoric.

GamerGate

Um... actual far leftists hate most of those, especially the bolded. Sure, they practice anti-western rhetoric (many communist parties outside the US from dominant ones like the CCP and the former Soviet Union, to minor ones like the JCP), but that's really the only far left talking point.

And... Gamergate? Really? Last I checked that was predominately right-wing. Even the term was coined by Adam Baldwin (Firefly/Serenity; no relation to Alec), who is a freaking right-wing libertarian lunatic.

Avatar image for nintendoboy16
#32 Posted by nintendoboy16 (36465 posts) -
@Gaming-Planet said:
@nintendoboy16 said:

Maybe not, but they helped in instigating them for sure.

How?

SJWs started showing their stupid face around 2011.

The worst I've seen that rise was in 2014. You know, when Gamergate was a thing and we were TWO years away from the Brexit and US election votes.

Avatar image for Chutebox
#33 Edited by Chutebox (44698 posts) -

Hell no. Those pussies were here well before trump

Avatar image for vl4d_l3nin
#34 Edited by vl4d_l3nin (1914 posts) -
@nintendoboy16 said:

And... Gamergate? Really? Last I checked that was predominately right-wing. Even the term was coined by Adam Baldwin (Firefly/Serenity; no relation to Alec), who is a freaking right-wing libertarian lunatic.

It started off as that, for the first few months at least. Then the Gaters started sounding off about ethics and morals like every Democrat in congress. It more or less devolved into people who were triggered by the press. Believe it or not, you can be a leftie, or even apolitical, and still think the press is shit.

@Chutebox said:

Hell no. Those pussies were here well before trump

The man is President partly because of those pussies.

Avatar image for rmpumper
#35 Posted by rmpumper (665 posts) -

No, SJWs were one of the reasons why Trump won in the first place, but Trump is sure responsible for creating alt-right SJWs.

Avatar image for ad1x2
#36 Posted by ad1x2 (7646 posts) -

@nepu7supastar7 said:

@Sevenizz:

You call it a mental illness and you have no sympathy towards them. That proves my point. Trump is a piece of shít.

Maybe mental illness was the wrong word to use to prove his point, since a large amount of people like to dismiss people that are transgender as mentaly ill. Other examples of people that are barred from joining the military are diabetics, people that are obese, people that are blind, people missing limbs, people that wet the bed after the age of 12, people that sleepwalk, and a lot of others that aren't considered mentally ill.

Examples of why those people above can't serve is someone that is diabetic may go into shock or not have access to their insulin, someone that is obese may not fit in their gear or will not be in good enough shape to keep up with their people, you can't shoot what you can't see, wetting the bed is a hygeine issue, and someone sleepwalking could sleepwalk off the side of a ship or into a minefield at night. Someone that is already in that develops some of these conditions could possibly be discharged after a medical review.

In the case of someone that is transgender, dependinding upon their level of treatment, some forms of treatment may simply not be available in the middle of a combat zone. Destroyed supplies may take days, if not weeks to replace and if someone taking hormones can't go more than a few days without them that's a medical evacuation to get them to the rear, taking resources away. Granted, not all people that are transgender have those issues, but they may find it easier to disqualify all of them than to go through the trouble to do a case by case evaluation.

Not all decisions are based on prejudice.

Avatar image for Serraph105
#37 Posted by Serraph105 (33960 posts) -

You're going to have to make some sort of argument to support your claim if you want people to get on board with it.

Avatar image for Jacanuk
#38 Posted by Jacanuk (18712 posts) -

No Trump did not create SJW´s and Gamergate, that have been around long before Trump and I am almost certain that the reason Trump could win is the whole PC culture we have been witness to for years before Trump and especially under Obama.

Some people got fed up with it and wanted a change.

Avatar image for LJS9502_basic
#39 Posted by LJS9502_basic (166851 posts) -

@Jacanuk said:

No Trump did not create SJW´s and Gamergate, that have been around long before Trump and I am almost certain that the reason Trump could win is the whole PC culture we have been witness to for years before Trump and especially under Obama.

Some people got fed up with it and wanted a change.

If that's the reason anyone voted for trump then they aren't very intelligent. Presidents don't have anything to do with private industries code of conduct for employees.

Avatar image for jeezers
#40 Posted by jeezers (3146 posts) -

@Gaming-Planet said:
@nintendoboy16 said:

Maybe not, but they helped in instigating them for sure.

How?

SJWs started showing their stupid face around 2011.

agreed the SJW movement was mainsteam way before the alt right started showing up. i don't like either but its obvious.

Avatar image for comp_atkins
#41 Posted by comp_atkins (35796 posts) -

@Sevenizz said:

Trump’s fine. You watch too much mainstream media.

or you're not watching enough...

Avatar image for Sevenizz
#42 Posted by Sevenizz (4013 posts) -

@comp_atkins: Spoken like a true zombie.

Avatar image for nintendoboy16
#43 Posted by nintendoboy16 (36465 posts) -
@vl4d_l3nin said:

It started off as that, for the first few months at least. Then the Gaters started sounding off about ethics and morals like every Democrat in congress. It more or less devolved into people who were triggered by the press. Believe it or not, you can be a leftie, or even apolitical, and still think the press is shit.

Sure, you can have criticisms like say Don Henley of the Eagles does (Dirty Laundry), but at the same time, go to far, and like Trump and far-right leaders, you have had far-left leaders like Stalin that do the same strategy of "Delegitimizing the press".

And really, even as it died, all GG worried about most is how people they don't like is into their hobby WAY more than ethics in game journalism. There were extremes on both sides of that mess.

Avatar image for Gaming-Planet
#44 Edited by Gaming-Planet (20005 posts) -

@nintendoboy16 said:
@vl4d_l3nin said:

It started off as that, for the first few months at least. Then the Gaters started sounding off about ethics and morals like every Democrat in congress. It more or less devolved into people who were triggered by the press. Believe it or not, you can be a leftie, or even apolitical, and still think the press is shit.

Sure, you can have criticisms like say Don Henley of the Eagles does (Dirty Laundry), but at the same time, go to far, and like Trump and far-right leaders, you have had far-left leaders like Stalin that do the same strategy of "Delegitimizing the press".

And really, even as it died, all GG worried about most is how people they don't like is into their hobby WAY more than ethics in game journalism. There were extremes on both sides of that mess.

The press delegitimized itself when it became a corporate mouthpiece for oligarchs.

Avatar image for JimB
#45 Edited by JimB (2518 posts) -

@zaryia said:
@Sevenizz said:

Trump’s fine. You watch too much mainstream media.

This wouldn't explain his horrible approval.

If it wasn't for inheriting Obama's economy and making sure it went in the same direction he'd be in the 20%'s.

If he kept Obama's economy going we would be bankrupt now. Obama was a Russian stooge and did everything Putin or the Mullahs told him.

Avatar image for HoolaHoopMan
#46 Posted by HoolaHoopMan (10874 posts) -

@JimB said:
@zaryia said:
@Sevenizz said:

Trump’s fine. You watch too much mainstream media.

This wouldn't explain his horrible approval.

If it wasn't for inheriting Obama's economy and making sure it went in the same direction he'd be in the 20%'s.

If he kept Obama's economy going we would be bankrupt now. Obama was a Russian stooge and did everything Putin or the Mullahs told him.

He has almost doubled the deficit that Obama left him with. Why are you so consistently wrong?

Avatar image for comp_atkins
#47 Posted by comp_atkins (35796 posts) -
@Sevenizz said:

@comp_atkins: Spoken like a true zombie.

brains...brains....

Avatar image for KungfuKitten
#49 Edited by KungfuKitten (26733 posts) -

@vl4d_l3nin said:
@nintendoboy16 said:

And... Gamergate? Really? Last I checked that was predominately right-wing. Even the term was coined by Adam Baldwin (Firefly/Serenity; no relation to Alec), who is a freaking right-wing libertarian lunatic.

It started off as that, for the first few months at least. Then the Gaters started sounding off about ethics and morals like every Democrat in congress. It more or less devolved into people who were triggered by the press. Believe it or not, you can be a leftie, or even apolitical, and still think the press is shit.

Uh yeah, that's me. And the waking up call for me was actually the GG movement. Because I had good conversations with GG supporters about journalism, while the press was busy prepping their anti-gamer articles. Before I knew it, all the people who were part of that movement (from all walks of life) were now to be considered anti-women. And bullies, bigots. And worse. To the point they are now 'unmentionables' on some sites. Hardly anyone I knew from GG supported methods like online harassment, let alone anti-women ideas, but apparently those people did not matter at all to the press. Did they even stop to think that when the journalistic ethics story came out, a lot of people joined in because of that very reason? But no, because the movement was hurting the reputation of the press, their revenge was relentless.

If you had a conversation in or with GG while the smear campaign was happening, you've lived through a good example of what the weaponized press is really like. It's not ethical or moral. It's not inclusive, not factual. It's polarizing, prejudiced, deceitful, mislabelling people for their own gains. They are still lying about GG to this day. GG is against women? Look at the reddit thing, Kotaku In Action. I don't care about Reddit much, but that is supposed to be a remnant of GG, right? Look at how many anti-women posts are made there, if you want to humor me.

To see websites that I supported financially, and that I liked a lot like GiantBomb (that was my homepage even, and I paid for years of support) and Kotaku and Polygon and Eurogamer go along with the lies, it has changed my view on their motives forever. I expected better from Jeff Gerstman especially, because of his history in gaming journalism. But almost all, including him, took the easy way out when they labelled the whole movement as wrongdoers, even if it meant hurting tons of innocent people and journalistic integrity. The hypocrites don't care about slandering hundreds of people when it's in their own interest. Their morals disappeared faster than lightning when they were facing criticism. I have seen gamers try to correct GiantBomb on their site and they get removed, but anyone calling them names or repeating the lies is fine.

That was the starting point for me to look into press integrity. This stuff is happening all over the place and it really hurts me to see that happen. The most accurate press is probably found in certain YouTube channels now, because they sometimes show actual video from the scene and they don't keep quiet about things like the gilets jaunes. (25 weeks now and counting) Without just labelling them as violent beasts which would be the easy thing to do, right? Because some of the tens of thousands of protesters have destroyed property. Sometimes they even invite people important to a story to have a conversation about it, and they don't edit every answer. Crazy, that it's YouTuber youth who know how to do journalism better than our professional journalists.

It shouldn't be that way. And especially as a left-wing liberal I am shocked, because I have always seen the left-liberal side of politics as something you can defend through the rational, through argument. As a position that can stand through a discussion and is therefore prevalent in places like the campus. I never felt like we had any need to act authoritarian or irrational to 'win' a debate, so I am surprised by the amount of lies and slander and power-plays from 'my side' of things. (Well not really 'my side' anymore in that the current 'far-left' or 'sensitive left' (or I don't know anymore) actions have been about as illiberal as they can be.) I have an easier time understanding why people defending an irrational position would do these things. I still don't believe that lying or silencing is the way to be convincing and to change people's minds. (Also, silencing people through policy or whatever tends to be turned against the people who invoke it. It's like playing with fire.) But hey, I feel like I'm almost alone in that now on the forums. I hope that the USA will not lose itself in an us vs them civil conflict/war, but it's clearly not something that I alone have much control over.

Avatar image for theone86
#50 Posted by theone86 (22417 posts) -

It depends on what you mean by SJW (it's very subjectively applied), but people have been attempting to control speech and control the definition of virtue for a LONG time. Neither modern conservatives or liberals invented it. Barbara Bush spent her husband's entire term trying to rally against media figures she saw as vulgar (the Simpsons, gangster rappers). Republicans spent the latter half of the Clinton presidency trying to have him ousted from office for cheating on his wife. It was a conservative Supreme Court justice who ruled in favor of Ohio outright banning a film from being shown, and another conservative justice who said that states could ban obscene art, going on to define obscenity by saying "I know it when I see it." Arch-conservative William Rehnquist ruled against flag burning as protected speech, and how often do conservatives try to paint liberals as enemies of freedom and democracy? It's Fox News', not to mention Mitch McConnell's, favorite move. It's nothing new, and it's certainly not unique to liberals.