Despite roasting the Democrats as well, comedian Michelle Wolf gets backlash for roast on Trump Admin

• 92 results
nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41534 Posts

Here's the critical article from Washington Examiner as an example of such backlash. Carrying tweets from the likes of Ben Shapiro, Reince Priebus and Sean Spicer as well.

Guess you really have to worship Trump (contrary to Kanye West's points about being "okay to disagree with him") in order to be liked in anyway. Once again proving "snowflakery" is not just on one particular side of the political spectrum.

EDIT: And here's President Snowflake's OWN response... (Source: The Hill)

President Trump on Sunday joined in on the criticism of comedian Michelle Wolf's performance at this year's White House Correspondents’ Association (WHCA) dinner, calling her "filthy" and slamming the event as an "embarrassment."

“The White House Correspondents’ Dinner was a failure last year, but this year was an embarrassment to everyone associated with it,” Trump tweeted.

“The filthy ‘comedian’ totally bombed (couldn’t even deliver her lines-much like the Seth Meyers weak performance). Put Dinner to rest, or start over!” he added, referencing Meyers' 2011 headlining performance in which he roasted Trump. That same event also featured former President Obama mocking Trump, who at the time was one of the leading figures in the "birther" movement. Some point to Obama's monologue that night as the moment that led Trump to run for president.

Trump did not attend Saturday night's gala. For the second consecutive year, he held a campaign rally outside the nation’s capital that coincided with the event.

In his absence, Wolf gave a 20-minute monologue that took aim at the president, Vice President Pence, Ivanka Trump, White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders, the media and others.

Numerous journalists and conservative commentators expressed disapproval with Wolf's remarks, saying she had gone too far, particularly in her jokes aimed at Sanders.

Some reporters went as far as to suggest the dinner cease to exist in its current form.

WHCA president Margaret Talev said in a statement Sunday night that Wolf's monologue "was not in the spirit" of the organization's mission of promoting journalism and a free press.

Celebrities and a number of other journalists have defended Wolf, arguing that she did what she was hired to do in roasting the current administration. Others pointed out that the president has made vulgar remarks and pushed conspiracy theories without apologizing.

Hey, Donald! Remember how you said America needs to stop being politically correct? Well, you're doing that right now.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#2 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

Conservatives are really the biggest snowflakes there are.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#3 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

Conservatives- It's a joke, stop being pussies. We have freedom of speech

Also Conservatives- STOP MOCKING OUR PRESIDENT LIBTARDS

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#4 tjandmia
Member since 2017 • 3728 Posts

She was hilarious!

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#5 deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

The Savage Wolf!

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts

This reminds me of that episode of American Dad where Roger asks to get roasted for his birthday then gets homicidally angry at everyone for roasting him. Do Republicans not understand that's what this dinner is about?

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

From what I saw that seemed pretty tame.

KittenNose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 KittenNose
Member since 2014 • 2470 Posts

@horgen said:

To be fair, it is about a trillion times more edgy then Apu. These snowflake threads really are silly.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 horgen  Moderator

@kittennose said:
@horgen said:

To be fair, it is about a trillion times more edgy then Apu. These snowflake threads really are silly.

Never saw Apu so can't compare.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#10 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

@nintendoboy16:

Funny how conservatives call liberals snowflakes when they do hypocritical shit like this!

KittenNose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 KittenNose

@horgen said:
@kittennose said:
@horgen said:

Never saw Apu so can't compare.

Loading Video...

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 nintendoboy16

Now president snowflake himself is crying about it.

plageus900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 plageus900
Member since 2013 • 3065 Posts

Chill out Trump. It's just locker room talk. ;-)

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

2016 Trump Supporters: Wear t-shirts that say " *bleep* your feelings"

2018 Trump Supporters: "Please respect my feelings"

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@theone86 said:

This reminds me of that episode of American Dad where Roger asks to get roasted for his birthday then gets homicidally angry at everyone for roasting him. Do Republicans not understand that's what this dinner is about?

I can't help but feel that a lot of the outrage over Michelle Wolff's humor is prophetic. Throughout the years, Americans relationship with Washington has been one of respect. The heated arguments may not have changed much, but the underlying mechanism that makes an environment where humor and government can mix is cultivated in mutual respect.

That respect is gone, though. Washington's contempt for the citizen has been on full parade for the last two decades. It was inevitable that we citizens would simply catch up. It's about time Washington got a little taste of what it is to be uncomfortable for once. The void, sometimes, stares back.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36040 Posts

I'm 8 minutes (19 minutes long) into Michelle's full bit........does, does she ever get to the funny stuff? She's not great at comedy.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 nintendoboy16
@Serraph105 said:

I'm 8 minutes (19 minutes long) into Michelle's full bit........does, does she ever get to the funny stuff? She's not great at comedy.

Whether or not she is funny is beside the point though. The reaction, especially from right-wingers is hypocritical BS. Even Ana Navarro called them out on that. It's the same BS that they did with Stephen Colbert.

Baconstrip78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Baconstrip78
Member since 2013 • 1853 Posts

She napalmed the entire room, and I love her for it. Well done!

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

There was a lot of cringe. The Trump grab joke was good but that was about it. Her voice is so annoying.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#20 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

I like her attack on the media.

Probably why they are going after her.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23032 Posts

After seeing her quip about Democrats snapping defeat from the jaws of victory, her performance makes much more sense.

She's not a comedian. She's a prophet.

KittenNose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By KittenNose
@nintendoboy16 said:
@Serraph105 said:

Whether or not she is funny is beside the point though. The reaction, especially from right-wingers is hypocritical BS. Even Ana Navarro called them out on that. It's the same BS that they did with Stephen Colbert.

If you are not a comedian then it isn't a roast. It is just a hateful rant. Saying a rant isn't funny is more then fair, so is walking out. The democrats turning the outrage machine up to eleven is silly.

and the snowflake claims are just hypocritical. If you are so sensitive that benign comments about an unfunny comedian set you off then you need to check yourself. The left is spamming it everywhere. Talk about snowflakery.

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Drunk_PI
Member since 2014 • 3358 Posts
@kittennose said:

If you are not a comedian then it isn't a roast. It is just a hateful rant. Saying a rant isn't funny is more then fair, so is walking out. The democrats turning the outrage machine up to eleven is silly.

and the snowflake claims are just hypocritical. If you are so sensitive that benign comments about an unfunny comedian set you off then you need to check yourself. The left is spamming it everywhere. Talk about snowflakery.

Trump mocks a disabled reporter: LINK

List of insults from Trump: LINK

Dude, you're a snowflake. Wolf is just telling it like it is. ;)

D@Gaming-Planet said:

The media gave Trump what he wanted: Attention. And while the media is seen as "liberal," it isn't so, especially with television news.

KittenNose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 KittenNose

@drunk_pi said:
@kittennose said:

Not defending trump. trump is an idiot. Wolf can rant about them all they want. The massive backlash to rather benign criticism of a comic who wasn't trying to be funny is a fine example of snowflakery.

If you have a problem with how trump acts, don't act like him. This nonsense is just showing how thin your skin is.

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Drunk_PI
Member since 2014 • 3358 Posts
@kittennose said:
@drunk_pi said:
@kittennose said:

Not defending trump. trump is an idiot. Wolf can rant about them all they want. The massive backlash to rather benign criticism of a comic who wasn't trying to be funny is a fine example of snowflakery.

If you have a problem with how trump acts, don't act like him. This nonsense is just showing how thin your skin is.

So Wolf insulting Trump is bad but Trump threatening nuclear war, insulting others, and going so far as to make incredibly, yet subtle racist posts, tweets, and statements is okay?

Yeah, I have a problem because his behavior is affecting this nation and the presidency, yet he is the president courtesy of a broken electoral system and a population of hypocrites such as yourself who continue to defend his statements or, subtly, attack others and ignore the actual problem.

AlexKidd5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 AlexKidd5000
Member since 2005 • 3103 Posts
@geraltofwar said:

@perfect_blue: lol libs will always be the biggest snowflakes.

And conservatives will always be the biggest hypocrites.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts
@geraltofwar said:

@AlexKidd5000: Really?

The party of science that believes in global warming but somehow has forgotten what gender is?

what the hell is that even supposed to mean?

KittenNose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 KittenNose

@drunk_pi said:
@kittennose said:

So Wolf insulting Trump is bad but Trump threatening nuclear war, insulting others, and going so far as to make incredibly, yet subtle racist posts, tweets, and statements is okay?

Didn't say that, that sentiment is yours alone. I am saying the reaction to criticism of the event is incredibly snowflakey.

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 vl4d_l3nin
Member since 2013 • 3700 Posts
@tjandmia said:

She was hilarious!

I'll have to take your word for it. Her voice was way too nails-on-chalkboard for me to listen.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 theone86
@vl4d_l3nin said:
@tjandmia said:

She was hilarious!

I'll have to take your word for it. Her voice was way too nails-on-chalkboard for me to listen.

Wow, saying that the way a woman's voice sounds matters more than what she says. I think this is the new textbook definition of sexism.

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 vl4d_l3nin

@theone86 said:
@vl4d_l3nin said:

Wow, saying that the way a woman's voice sounds matters more than what she says. I think this is the new textbook definition of sexism.

I'm just saying, maybe there is a reason she is a writer and not a performer.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 SOedipus

@theone86 said:
@vl4d_l3nin said:

lol! So criticizing someone's voice is discriminatory towards someone's sex?

KittenNose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 KittenNose

@theone86 said:
@vl4d_l3nin said:
@tjandmia said:

She was hilarious!

Your asinine attempts at virtue singling doesn't hide your sexism. Stop being silly.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By horgen  Moderator

It is a perfect example of shooting the messenger instead of the message... and if the reason you can’t listen to it is because a woman is saying it... I think that fits under sexism.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 SOedipus

@horgen said:

It is a perfect example of shooting the messenger instead of the message... and if the reason you can’t listen to it is because a woman is saying it... I think that fits under sexism.

Agreed, but I don't see anyone in this thread saying they didn't listen to it because she is a woman...

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#38 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

Savage carpet bombing. I loved the Sarah Huckabee bit.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#39  Edited By Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts
@drunk_pi said:
@kittennose said:

D@Gaming-Planet said:

The media gave Trump what he wanted: Attention. And while the media is seen as "liberal," it isn't so, especially with television news.

Hard to be liberal or neutral when your opinions come from the higher ups that align themselves with corporations.

That's why mainstream media is now considered to be the legacy media.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 theone86
@SOedipus said:
@horgen said:

Agreed, but I don't see anyone in this thread saying they didn't listen to it because she is a woman...

That is verbatim what vladmirlenin said.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#41 deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

Everybody's having a cow over this (FOX News is having a whole herd). Somebody make jokes at a WHCD...why is this something to be outraged about?

Also, is everybody in the news comprehension challenged? Everybody is "shocked of how Wolf made fun of Sanders' appearance". I listened to the whole thing and that never happened.

KittenNose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By KittenNose

@theone86 said:
@SOedipus said:
@horgen said:

Where? Quote it?

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 vl4d_l3nin

@theone86 said:

I guess this lady can find voice work in children's cartoons. She could be like a female Gilbert Gottfried.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 horgen  Moderator

@kittennose said:
Loading Video...

More edgy? Yeah probably. But isn't it supposed to be a roast? Mean humour if I understand that correctly?

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 horgen  Moderator
@SOedipus said:
@horgen said:

No, but still shooting the messenger instead of the message.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 theone86
@kittennose said:
@theone86 said:

Where? Quote it?

@vl4d_l3nin said:

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38678 Posts

every year we go though this. a person hired to make jokes make jokes and we all flip out shit.

way to be predictable, folks

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts
@geraltofwar said:

@drlostrib: The left is the one that believes gender is nothing more then a social construct. I just think thats a little odd when you claim to be the ones who support science and reason.

There is a scientific discussion to be had about the shaping of someone's gender identity

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#50 JimB
Member since 2002 • 3863 Posts

@perfect_blue said:

Conservatives are really the biggest snowflakes there are.

If the liberals were under attack like conservatives you would be crying mommy, mommy. You are so afraid of conservatives you won't let the speak, you are afraid they may say something that bursts your bubble. No Democrat is ever treated by the media or comic for what passes as comedy today. You can't debate policy you have to attack the character of a person because that is all you have to offer in the realm of ideas.