Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

The premise of this thread is easy:

I don’t care about what Trump didn’t do at the beginning. I care about what he’s doing now.

So discuss if you think he’s currently doing a good job, what you think he should be doing? What is currently doing wrong or right?

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#2 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

@n64dd said:

I don’t care about what Trump didn’t do at the beginning. I care about what he’s doing now.

So discuss if you think he’s currently doing a good job, what you think he should be doing? What is currently doing wrong or right?

Unfortunately the damage is done by him he's a fucking clown.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 N64DD

@warmblur: ok, what she he do now that he’s not doing?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178845 Posts

Ah yes. Close the barn after the horses leave but don't blame the person that left it open. Nonetheless, he has not done anything to make me think he's doing a good job. Several states still haven't shut down and they are GOP states. He could require that. Also we still lag in supplies and testing and that idiot Kushner isn't helping. He contradicts medical experts. He has people confused. Yeah he sucks dude.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 N64DD

@LJS9502_basic: which states are not in lockdown?

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#6 mandzilla  Moderator
Member since 2017 • 4686 Posts

@n64dd: Arkansas, Iowa, North Dakota, South Dakota and Nebraska apparently. At least that's what was being reported two days ago anyway.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58306 Posts

Trump is actually looking a little unsteady imo, and he is flip-flopping a lot.

• Masks are pointless, wait no, masks are necessary.
  • There's a stockpile, there isn't a stockpile...or there is, it's just not the stockpile you think it is. Did I say stockpile?!...
  • We will lift the social distancing stuff, oh wait nevermind no we won't.

Can't get a consistent bead on what is going on if you only listen to the Whitehouse.

I will say this, though: he has not been half as divisive as I was expecting him to be during this crisis. I was half expecting him to come out and say "China is trying to kill us" and "The democrats want you to get sick" and so on and so forth.

Oh and it's really nice how we don't have to listen to election stuff any more, I'll say that much.

@warmblur said:
@n64dd said:

Unfortunately the damage is done by him he's a fucking clown.

The title of the thread is "constructive" lol. C'mon man at least try to be diplomatic in your criticism.

First post and the thread is already lost :D

...But yeah, he is a clown.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38678 Posts

The press conferences are daily shit-shows. I'm not sure why Trump shows up for them. He should allow Pence / Fauci take the lead as they're better communicators and present a more consistent, measured message.

We're like 2 months into this thing and in every daily Q/A Trump has to pat himself on the back for limiting travel from China. Great, you did something helpful in January, how about doing helpful things in March??

Kushner is on TV telling the country the national strategic stockpiles of medial supplies are "for us" and not for the states. Well what the **** does that mean?? Trumps on TV daily saying he doubts that the governors' requests for supplies are accurate and they don't need as much as they say they need. What the hell is he basing that decision on?

He's telling the country he might start taking chloroquine as a preventive measure. The ****? So is the CDC suggesting people do that now??

Just be fucking consistent with your messages. Jesus, people.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

https://www.vox.com/2020/4/4/21208122/ppe-distribution-trump-administration-states

Trump is seizing ppe equipment... States that he won get what they requested, other states don’t even get 1/5 of what they request, plus have to repair respirators they receive before they can be used.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/04/03/ppe-world-supplies-coronavirus-163955

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 N64DD

@horgen: he needs to give everybody what they need, if it’s available, nyc should be a priority right now.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 horgen  Moderator

@n64dd: Why would he give something to a state he isn’t liked in? Trump takes no responsibility in this remember.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ecb2e9232c57
deactivated-5ecb2e9232c57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#12 deactivated-5ecb2e9232c57
Member since 2019 • 653 Posts

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#13 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@horgen said:

https://www.vox.com/2020/4/4/21208122/ppe-distribution-trump-administration-states

Trump is seizing ppe equipment... States that he won get what they requested, other states don’t even get 1/5 of what they request, plus have to repair respirators they receive before they can be used.

The Vox story is not that credible, and as to politico well, it´s a different claim and also not really backed up by actual evidence.

It´s more a "my cousin Vinnie said" story

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14  Edited By Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15569 Posts

I mean it's pretty much too late for any kind of shift in policy. Any changes that could have an impact would take another couple months to take place due to manufacturing and research needs and by then the virus will be reaching peak anyway. We're mostly stuck with numbers much higher than they should have been.

That said here's some things he could do:

Stop having states bid for supplies like a sociopath. Have medical experts decide prices with profit as the last consideration, and distribute evenly by actual needs and caseload instead of how much they jerk off the tiny orange shroom. Fully activate defense manufacturing to expedite medical supplies and even protections for Americans currently unaffected. Order a countrywide lockdown with national guard on top of enforcing no events or gatherings. Increase funding further for those on sick leave, laid off, or in essential locations.

On the public stage, defer to experts for any major updates. Only show up for taskforce meetings once a week to offer reassurance to Americans that you've put them in the hands of the best and brightest. Lastly, own some fucking responsibility and quit being a coward. Be a leader to the people of your country that a president is supposed to be.

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

@n64dd: I think Trump did and is doing a great job. It’s easy to point fingers at him for previous statements or tweets, but have you seen what the so called experts were saying at the time? We were told the Wuhan virus wasn’t transmitted person to person. We were told to keep our borders open and go about our lives. Go to games, movies, restaurants, etc. Get out there, you’ll be fine, it’s just a flu. We were told masks don’t stop the spread. These were stories from our mainstream media from ‘experts’ - if you doubted them you are a racist, and alarmist. News changes on a day to day basis. It’s unfair to blame Trump now when he’s reiterating what experts are telling him at a given date.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 N64DD

@Vaasman: all very goof advice.

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts

Is he doing anything besides bragging about how popular his Facebook/TV appearances is and letting states fend for themselves in trying to get a hold of medical equipment?

It sure doesn't seem so.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 horgen  Moderator

@Jacanuk said:
@horgen said:

The Vox story is not that credible, and as to politico well, it´s a different claim and also not really backed up by actual evidence.

It´s more a "my cousin Vinnie said" story

I’ve come across the claim mentioned in the VOX article here and there. I’ll try to find a better source on it, confirming if it is true or not.

Trump has already asked 3M to stop shipping PPE equipment to Canada... So the second link is very relevant. Your cousin Vinnie might disagree though.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 LJS9502_basic

@Sevenizz said:

@n64dd: I think Trump did and is doing a great job. It’s easy to point fingers at him for previous statements or tweets, but have you seen what the so called experts were saying at the time? We were told the Wuhan virus wasn’t transmitted person to person. We were told to keep our borders open and go about our lives. Go to games, movies, restaurants, etc. Get out there, you’ll be fine, it’s just a flu. We were told masks don’t stop the spread. These were stories from our mainstream media from ‘experts’ - if you doubted them you are a racist, and alarmist. News changes on a day to day basis. It’s unfair to blame Trump now when he’s reiterating what experts are telling him at a given date.

Great job? Seriously when states aren't getting needed equipment from the feds? When he told everyone there was no threat of this virus rather than locking things down? When were you told it was not transmitted person to person because China locked down their country for that reason well before it became a problem here. Who told you to keep your borders open? Even your orange hero closed the border to those from China. Seems he thought it was a problem. We were told hospitals need masks. Your post is filled with hyperbole. Also maybe you should turn faux news off.

You cannot be serious here

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#20 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

He's done a terrible job all-around. Whether he wins a second term or not, his mishandling of this pandemic and the hundreds of thousands, potentially millions of deaths will be his legacy.

He called for Obama to step down after two Ebola deaths. He's now at 8,480 deaths. What's he going to do once it crosses 50,000? 100,000? 500,000? Step down?

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 horgen  Moderator

@foxhound_fox said:

He's done a terrible job all-around. Whether he wins a second term or not, his mishandling of this pandemic and the hundreds of thousands, potentially millions of deaths will be his legacy.

He called for Obama to step down after two Ebola deaths. He's now at 8,480 deaths. What's he going to do once it crosses 50,000? 100,000? 500,000? Step down?

You're aware of that TrumpCritizeTrump is a thing, right? :P

To be more constructive as OP asks for. While I hope my country can open up more soon, I believe the self quarantine if potential contact with infected or have been in areas with many infected needs to be kept. Possible throughout the rest of 2020. And it has to be taken seriously.

plageus900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 plageus900
Member since 2013 • 3065 Posts

I say we lock up the boomers and at-risk population and let business resume 😁

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 LJS9502_basic

@plageus900 said:

It's hitting all age groups...…..including the deaths from said virus.

plageus900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 plageus900
Member since 2013 • 3065 Posts

@LJS9502_basic: I know it's hitting all age groups, but right now, it's killing about 5% of the infected? How many are below the age of 60?

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

Being fair, everyone in "charge" from the top to bottom seems to be flying by the seat of their pants. Each day seems to differ from the next. NYC is a hot spot and those people continue leaving for other states like PA, FL, NJ, etc.., Are the governors of these states stopping potential carriers and actual carriers from entering/leaving? Last month the feds and some states were saying not to use masks but now lets do it. The problem is how everyone seems to be on a different page.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 LJS9502_basic

@Solaryellow said:

Being fair, everyone in "charge" from the top to bottom seems to be flying by the seat of their pants. Each day seems to differ from the next. NYC is a hot spot and those people continue leaving for other states like PA, FL, NJ, etc.., Are the governors of these states stopping potential carriers and actual carriers from entering/leaving? Last month the feds and some states were saying not to use masks but now lets do it. The problem is how everyone seems to be on a different page.

The problem with masks was they wanted to make sure the medical profession had them and they probably didn't know how quickly the virus spreads between people. So it's a case of better safe than sorry.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310
deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#27 deactivated-5e9044657a310
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts

This is what happens when you under react at the beginning of a crisis, and over react when your head gets under water.

The lack of leadership and responsibility from our leaders is shocking.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Jacanuk

@LJS9502_basic said:
@plageus900 said:

It's hitting all age groups...…..including the deaths from said virus.

Not as hard though.

Age (deaths/cases)CFR (95% CI)
≤ 9 years (0/416)0%
10 to 19 years (1/549)0.18% (0.03 to 1.02%)
20 to 49 years (63/19790)0.32% (0.25% to 0.41%)
50 to 59 years (130/10,008)1.3% (1.1% to 1.5%)
60 to 69 years (309/8583)3.6% (3.2% to 4.0%)
70 to 79 years (312/3918)8.0% (7.2% to 8.9%)
≥80 years (208/1408)14.8% (13.0% to 16.7%)
Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Solaryellow

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Solaryellow said:

The problem with masks was they wanted to make sure the medical profession had them and they probably didn't know how quickly the virus spreads between people. So it's a case of better safe than sorry.

That's true. The problem was, even a month ago or so when the mask issue was a no-go, none of our "leaders" were on the same page. One was saying it was so the hospitals do not lack needed supplies and another saying it would nothing to stop the transmission. Even now there isn't an ounce of cohesion from the top down to the bottom. Am I to believe the federal government along with the state government(s) do not have a uniform, realistic and capable plan to implement if something like this happens? Talk about a baptism by fire.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 LJS9502_basic

@Solaryellow said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@Solaryellow said:

That's true. The problem was, even a month ago or so when the mask issue was a no-go, none of our "leaders" were on the same page. One was saying it was so the hospitals do not lack needed supplies and another saying it would nothing to stop the transmission. Even now there isn't an ounce of cohesion from the top down to the bottom. Am I to believe the federal government along with the state government(s) do not have a uniform, realistic and capable plan to implement if something like this happens? Talk about a baptism by fire.

Apparently they do not. Great to know they waste my tax dollars.

Wizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Wizard
Member since 2015 • 940 Posts

@Jacanuk:

Is this US deaths or international?

It's difficult to fully assess considering we've done so poorly at testing, but clinicians are concerned that our death rate is actually higher than the European one among all age groups, the most significant change being those in the 30-50.

Should note that also as it currently stands, our ratio of fatalities to recovered is very, very poor right now.

I'm not a clinician but we've got several pre-existing concerns in the U.S.

• An obese populace with a high instance of co-morbidity - earlier onset heart disease, smoking & drug abuse, diabetes, generally high vascular impedance - they're finding that COVID-19 increases cardiovascular co-morbidity, and we're the highest in the world in that regard.
  • Poor access to healthcare across the board and underestimated pre-existing condition totals. This one is obvious, we simply haven't take good care of or recorded well the general health of the population, which is quite poor (comparatively).
  • "American Exceptionalism", I've casually named that psychological factor where Americans tend not to go to get medical attention until it's an emergency, in which ERs are already under immense strain, well before this epidemic.
  • Generally poor preventative care. "Middle World Nation" there really.

Can't make a guess about the general culmination of all these factors, but I'd guess that anything not US specific is inaccurate. And that's not even taking into consideration American medical capacity. Hospitals are laying of clinicians right now.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Jacanuk

@wizard said:

@Jacanuk:

Is this US deaths or international?

It's difficult to fully assess considering we've done so poorly at testing, but clinicians are concerned that our death rate is actually higher than the European one among all age groups, the most significant change being those in the 30-50.

Should note that also as it currently stands, our ratio of fatalities to recovered is very, very poor right now.

I'm not a clinician but we've got several pre-existing concerns in the U.S.

• An obese populace with a high instance of co-morbidity - earlier onset heart disease, smoking & drug abuse, diabetes, generally high vascular impedance - they're finding that COVID-19 increases cardiovascular co-morbidity, and we're the highest in the world in that regard.
  • Poor access to healthcare across the board and underestimated pre-existing condition totals. This one is obvious, we simply haven't take good care of or recorded well the general health of the population, which is quite poor (comparatively).
  • "American Exceptionalism", I've casually named that psychological factor where Americans tend not to go to get medical attention until it's an emergency, in which ERs are already under immense strain, well before this epidemic.
  • Generally poor preventative care. "Middle World Nation" there really.

Can't make a guess about the general culmination of all these factors, but I'd guess that anything not US specific is inaccurate. And that's not even taking into consideration American medical capacity. Hospitals are laying of clinicians right now.

Those are the WHO numbers.

Also, it´s worth noting that more males than females die due to this, so perhaps this is not such a bad time to have some more body-fat on your bones than be skinny.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36040 Posts

@n64dd said:

@warmblur: ok, what she he do now that he’s not doing?

This is probably going to piss you off, but how about resign? Trump's daily discussions with reporters on the pandemic have been filled with lies and accusing people who work in hospitals of stealing supplies as well as saying that hospitals don't really need the amount of equipment that they say they do.

I get that he's not actually going to resign, but at least my comment isn't based on what he did in the past (meaning Jan-Feb), but what he's doing currently. If not resign, then at least stop blaming and demonizing of people who are actually putting their lives on the line for this effort.

Wizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Wizard

@Jacanuk: so not country specific, and probably shouldn't be used?

Also, it´s worth noting that more males than females die due to this, so perhaps this is not such a bad time to have some more body-fat on your bones than be skinny.

Please tell me this is a joke right?

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Jacanuk

@wizard said:

@Jacanuk: so not country specific, and probably shouldn't be used?

Please tell me this is a joke right?

Yes, that was a joke.

And the numbers are worldwide coming from WHO, but considering the difference in countries, they are an average number.

Wizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Wizard

@Jacanuk: Okay, you had me there for a second cheeky boi.

I'd assume based on the information provided (take it with a grain of moderately informed), that the US will be on the worst sides of the current average.

Especially considering the less developed countries really haven't been experiencing the impact yet. As far as the Western countries and most Eastern ones, we're on the low end of healthcare availability and general population health.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Jacanuk

@wizard said:

@Jacanuk: Okay, you had me there for a second cheeky boi.

I'd assume based on the information provided (take it with a grain of moderately informed), that the US will be on the worst sides of the current average.

Especially considering the less developed countries really haven't been experiencing the impact yet. As far as the Western countries and most Eastern ones, we're on the low end of healthcare availability and general population health.

hehe, well it is puzzling why more females seem to recover than males.

But yes, on the information the Us numbers would be closer to Italy´s .

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/health/coronavirus/120443722/coronavirus-is-covid19-really-the-cause-of-all-the-fatalities-in-italy

And, it´s kinda interesting that Africa and other less-developed countries have not had major outbreaks, but then again i guess most don´t travel as much

Wizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Wizard

@Jacanuk: For the male/female thing I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's likely the cytokine immunological response. Males might simply go into shock faster and longer.

Yes, this disease spread among diplomats, business men, and wealthy travelers first. So wherever were the most of those got hit the hardest. New York, California, China, Europe. It'll work its way inland and to poorer countries soon enough.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 N64DD

@Serraph105: Doesn’t piss me open. This is an open discussion on how to improving things. If removing him makes this better 10 fold, i’m all for it.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

@plageus900 said:

That is one of the few possible future scenario's.

Most likely business won't exactly resume indefinitely, but the (most effective?) measures would be switched on and off in periods of about a month for the next year+.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 LJS9502_basic

@n64dd said:

@Serraph105: Doesn’t piss me open.

Is this a colloquial expression?

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#42 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

Trump needs to have a more unified federal approach. Letting each state do their own thing is not going to be effective in combating this virus.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 LJS9502_basic

@sonicare said:

Trump needs to have a more unified federal approach. Letting each state do their own thing is not going to be effective in combating this virus.

Nope because people travel between them...…….

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Jacanuk

@LJS9502_basic said:
@sonicare said:

Nope because people travel between them...…….

And that's why interstate travel needs to be stopped

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By N64DD

@LJS9502_basic: typo

Atomic1977

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Atomic1977
Member since 2004 • 344 Posts

Trump is the best option. He’s better than any of the Democratic choices on the ballot for election.

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#47 JimB
Member since 2002 • 3863 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Sevenizz said:

Great job? Seriously when states aren't getting needed equipment from the feds? When he told everyone there was no threat of this virus rather than locking things down? When were you told it was not transmitted person to person because China locked down their country for that reason well before it became a problem here. Who told you to keep your borders open? Even your orange hero closed the border to those from China. Seems he thought it was a problem. We were told hospitals need masks. Your post is filled with hyperbole. Also maybe you should turn faux news off.

Every time he tried to lock anything down the media and the Democrats came out in vile opposition to his actions. If you want to blame someone start there. So far all have seen there is criticism whit no solutions or ideas being put forth by them. They have done a lot of damage to the country as if the virus is not bad enough.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 LJS9502_basic

@JimB said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Every time he tried to lock anything down the media and the Democrats came out in vile opposition to his actions. If you want to blame someone start there. So far all have seen there is criticism whit no solutions or ideas being put forth by them. They have done a lot of damage to the country as if the virus is not bad enough.

He didn't try to lock a damn thing down and he wants it open again. Also why aren't his GOP cronies locking anything down in their state?

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Solaryellow

@LJS9502_basic said:
@JimB said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

He didn't try to lock a damn thing down and he wants it open again. Also why aren't his GOP cronies locking anything down in their state?

The closest we saw when his administration was considering a quarantine of NYC. I would guess it was "floated" out there to gauge the climate of such a move.

Lets keep this discussion fair. The governor of PA is not a GOP member and although he has issued a stay-at-home order (like others), what has really changed with keeping people home? As painful as it would have been for two weeks, what should have been done was an actual lockdown statewide/nationwide because using discretion to travel or leave your home is for the birds. Honestly though, I don't know whether to laugh or shake my head at the overall response from almost everyone, politician or civilian.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 N64DD

@Solaryellow: I agree. This should have been more aggressive.