Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

ROFL Yahoo News put this under their entertainment category.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/cnn-settles-defamation-lawsuit-covington-211655456.html

I remember some people on this forum saying no one would ever have to pay out for this mistake. Well it looks like some people are now.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50557 Posts

Haha, good!

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts

Conservative scam artist scams news outlet, no news there. At least since this is settled without a verdict CNN is probably not going to have a sentence rendered against them and other news outlets won't be frightened into not reporting events as they happen.

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By vl4d_l3nin
Member since 2013 • 3700 Posts

Cool, because deliberately lying about kids isn't.

Shame if anyone loses their job over this. They could always learn to code, I guess.

gootall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 gootall
Member since 2019 • 10 Posts

CNN settling doesn't mean that CNN actually slandered the kid as no ruling would be given. More often than not companies will settle with complainants as cost of trial is more than the cost of settling and they get the added bonus of not having to admit to any wrong doing.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Xabiss

@gootall said:

CNN settling doesn't mean that CNN actually slandered the kid as no ruling would be given. More often than not companies will settle with complainants as cost of trial is more than the cost of settling and they get the added bonus of not having to admit to any wrong doing.

It could also mean they are scared of going to court because they could lose. I understand what you are saying, but the fact is they won and people on this forum said they would never see a dime.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58305 Posts

lol I remember when this happened. God, I didn't even realize this was still going on.

Ah well, kid got a bad rap, glad he is getting some cash out of this.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#8 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

Maybe this is the start of something beautiful.

ulfrinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ulfrinn
Member since 2019 • 158 Posts

@KungfuKitten said:

Maybe this is the start of something beautiful.

Nah, CNN will continue to spread fake news.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

@Xabiss said:
@gootall said:

It could also mean they are scared of going to court because they could lose. I understand what you are saying, but the fact is they won and people on this forum said they would never see a dime.

Them settling doesn't mean they're guilty.

Come on now.

ulfrinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ulfrinn
Member since 2019 • 158 Posts

Settling doesn't always mean someone is guilty. It can often be cheaper to settle than the lawyer fees depending on what the settlement is. But we seen for ourselves what the truth was, knew what CNN knew, and seen the story they posted anyway. We don't need them to admit guilt to know they were guilty.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Xabiss

@mrbojangles25 said:

lol I remember when this happened. God, I didn't even realize this was still going on.

Ah well, kid got a bad rap, glad he is getting some cash out of this.

He really does after being thrown under a bus and being doxxed. The entire school got a bad rap. I see the people that said they would never get a dime from this are staying far away from this post.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By R-Gamer
Member since 2019 • 2221 Posts

@n64dd: Uhhh yea they were guilty. Considering they left out the part of the black power group mocking the kid and wanted to act like it was a bunch of white kids picking on a Native American.

They had a narrative, it got smashed when the facts came out and they never owned up to it. Sooo Fu@k em.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 theone86

@vl4d_l3nin said:

Shame if anyone loses their job over this. They could always learn to code, I guess.

Only they weren't deliberately lying, they were reporting on facts on the ground.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

@r-gamer: they may be guilty, but settling doesn’t mean they are.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Xabiss

@theone86 said:
@vl4d_l3nin said:

Only they weren't deliberately lying, they were reporting on facts on the ground.

Facts on the ground.... ROFLMAO. All it would of taken is them watching the entire video one time and it would cleared up everything about the story.

Also remember when a CNN correspondent wrote this?

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 vl4d_l3nin

@theone86 said:
@vl4d_l3nin said:

You're idea of "facts on the ground" was a race to the presses to get this story out when no one had the actual facts. They had clearly edited video. They also believed Phillips lie that he was approached by the boys, when the opposite was true and made no attempt to let the students give their side.

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

Good - it’s about time CNN pays for their fake news.

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 vl4d_l3nin

There's a new way for white kids to pay for college: Put on a MAGA hat, stand in front of your school during an indigenous holiday, and smile at a Native American. Then get a payout from the media companies that lie about you. That's redistribution I can get behind.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ea0704839e9e
deactivated-5ea0704839e9e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By deactivated-5ea0704839e9e
Member since 2017 • 2335 Posts

@n64dd:

Settling can be percieved as worse than guilty as its more or less admitting the guilt, hoping it fades over time and goes away quietly.

It tells the people that cnn themselves have reviewed the footage and overall situation, and they themselves declared it wasnt worth the fight.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 theone86
@Xabiss said:
@theone86 said:
@vl4d_l3nin said:

Facts on the ground.... ROFLMAO. All it would of taken is them watching the entire video one time and it would cleared up everything about the story.

Also remember when a CNN correspondent wrote this?

All I see are facts, that face is truly punchable.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By theone86

@vl4d_l3nin said:
@theone86 said:
@vl4d_l3nin said:

You're idea of "facts on the ground" was a race to the presses to get this story out when no one had the actual facts. They had clearly edited video. They also believed Phillips lie that he was approached by the boys, when the opposite was true and made no attempt to let the students give their side.

They absolutely did surround him, and they started chanting "MAGA" and "go back to Africa" at a group of black protestors unprovoked. Not to mention that there's video of them going around yelling at and harassing passerbys earlier in the day. This entire thing was a planned right-wing stunt designed to harass legitimate reporters and weaken press protections.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#23 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

I've heard so many versions of what happened at this event. No idea what truly transpired. I guess it depends on who you believe. Both sides seem to have taken some massive liberties with the truth or "the truth".

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 theone86

@sonicare said:

I've heard so many versions of what happened at this event. No idea what truly transpired. I guess it depends on who you believe. Both sides seem to have taken some massive liberties with the truth or "the truth".

Which I would be fine with, if it were just a he-said, she-said and at the end of the day everyone gets to go home. The problem is when they start bringing litigation against press outlets, specifically liberal press outlets (despite conservative press outlets reporting on the same event), specifically a liberal press outlet that has been targeted by the president, specifically when the president has advocated using libel laws to silence the press, and specifically with a fairly arbitrary amount of monetary damages that is very obviously being used to target and intimidate the owner of said press outlet.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts

@sonicare said:

Here you go, here is the full footage from the event. Its become sort of a bitch to find on YouTube, has been buried under like 5 pages pages of MSM 3 min clips of the situation.

Loading Video...