Citizens pay healthcare for illegals? typical lib

• 143 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts
@firedrakes said:

@n64dd: ok. so you will let innocent kids die then. congrats everyone knows your rather let kids die any day now.... how does that feel letting innocent kids die.

your a (*&^% monster. i bet in real life if you said this to people they would kick your as

We're talking policy. Go hug a tree.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

@Jacanuk said:
@n64dd said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-48585037

Spin your way out of this one.

State Democrats agreed on Sunday that adults between the ages of 19 to 25 should have access to Medi-Cal, the state's low-income insurance programme.

The measure must still be approved by the full legislature and be signed by the state's Democratic governor.

The $98m (£77m) plan aims to provide coverage to 100,000 people.

To help pay for the plan, which is part of the latest state budget, lawmakers have proposed taxing people who do not have health insurance.

The penalty is similar to the so-called "individual mandate" which had been federal law after the passage of the Affordable Healthcare Act, also known as Obamacare, until Republicans in Congress eliminated it in 2017.

Always good to see California care about their own problems with poor actual legal Americans but instead help illegals.

California is a joke of a state and they should really think about becoming their own country so the rest of America can stop paying for their problems.

Rand Peltzer: I make the illogical logical.

That about sums up Kalifornia with its asinine thinking.

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts

@jeezers said:

@Treflis: being a tourist and visiting with a passport is fine. Thats entering the country legally.

So you're okay with your tax money paying for medical treatment to foreign people who are visiting the US on generally short periods of time?
But not those there are here for extended periods of time doing menial jobs most US Citizens don't really want to do that benefits US companies with providing products and revenue to the US market.

Sounds to me like they simply need to return as a tourist to get medical treatment then.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#54 jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts

@firedrakes: why would we give medical attencion to people trying to cross the border illegally? Like are we supposed to build hospitals at the border for all the people trying to break the law and give them medical care? Like we catch a dude with lung cancer hopping the border now gotta give him chemo for free?? Should we have to schedule doctors appointments for the people illegally crossing the border? These illegals must be royalty. Americans dont get that kind of attencion when we break the law. You get thrown in a cell and thats that and your kids dont get to stay with you either.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 N64DD
@jeezers said:

@firedrakes: why would we give medical attencion to people trying to cross the border illegally? Like are we supposed to build hospitals at the border for all the people trying to break the law and give them medical care? Like we catch a dude with lung cancer hopping the border now gotta give him chemo for free?? Should we have to schedule doctors appointments for the people illegally crossing the border? These illegals must be royalty. Americans dont get that kind of attencion when we break the law. You get thrown in a cell and thats that and your kids dont get to stay with you either.

If there is a complete medical emergency we give care to people regardless of insurance.

My gripe is with giving illegals health insurance.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By jeezers

@firedrakes: what im saying is these laws allowing illegal immigrants to get health care with american tax money would set a precident that if your not an American, but can get over the border illegally, your entitled to healthcare.

If those laws pass then yes we would be paying for the worlds healthcare, atleast the ones crossing illegally for that healthcare.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 jeezers

@n64dd: yeah I agree

firedrakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#58 firedrakes
Member since 2004 • 4384 Posts

@n64dd: right but you prev post did not. also twisting words now .am done with this thread. its people just bickering back and forth now. facts be dammed .

people and their online ego.....

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 N64DD
@firedrakes said:

@n64dd: right but you prev post did not. also twisting words now .am done with this thread. its people just bickering back and forth now. facts be dammed .

people and their online ego.....

Take care alt. :)

firedrakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#60 firedrakes
Member since 2004 • 4384 Posts

@n64dd: take care racist bigot.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 N64DD
@firedrakes said:

@n64dd: take care racist bigot.

Tolerant left.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts
@jeezers said:

@firedrakes: if anyone is in a life death situation the doctors legally cant turn them away, like if your in a car accident, have a heart attack, they will get treatment, but your still stuck with the bill. Same thing happens to americans. They are not entitled to the american tax payers money. That is reserved for Americans.

It's not even reserved for all Americans though.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 N64DD

@zaryia: So lets take care of getting insurance for all americans first before illegals, right?

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#64 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts
@Treflis said:
@jeezers said:

@Treflis: being a tourist and visiting with a passport is fine. Thats entering the country legally.

So you're okay with your tax money paying for medical treatment to foreign people who are visiting the US on generally short periods of time?

But not those there are here for extended periods of time doing menial jobs most US Citizens don't really want to do that benefits US companies with providing products and revenue to the US market.

Sounds to me like they simply need to return as a tourist to get medical treatment then.

No Tax money has nor will it ever go to tourists for any kind of medical care in America.

Let´s be clear here, Tourists who are stupid enough not to get travel insurance will get slammed instantly with a massive bill for most kind of treatments which they have to pay before they leave the hospital.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23046 Posts

@n64dd said:

@zaryia: So lets take care of getting insurance for all americans first before illegals, right?

You've argued tooth and nail against universal health care. Don't give us that tripe.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#66  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58398 Posts

I'm OK with this. A lot of illegals are responsible for California's epic agriculture production (in addition to other things) and they don't really get paid all that well. If some of my taxes go to keeping them healthy so produce stays cheap, that's fine with me.

I mean really that's what you have to think about, is the big picture. You see "TAXES TO PAY FOR ILLEGALS" and get your panties in a bunch, but the reality is we are probably saving money because they'd find some other screwy way (namely going straight for the employers, regulating immigration, etc) and that'd raise prices across the board.

When Trump was doing his whole border spiel a few months ago and ICE was cracking down, a lot of immigrants fled and either returned home or hid somewhere. My friends neighbor had to close up his farm because A.) he couldn't find labor and B.) his costs went up. I'm not saying illegal immigrants are good, but I'm not saying they're bad; what I am saying is we can create a mutually beneficial relationship with them that benefits everyone.

You think California is all pro-immigrant to a ridiculous degree because we are all hippie-dippie left wingers? **** no, we rely on their labor. Keeping them healthy is the smart thing to do.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#67  Edited By Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

@Treflis said:
@jeezers said:

But that's just a cover for these companies to keep paying undocumented immigrants low wages. It shouldn't be how low can we go to pay these workers for work US citizens don't want to do, but how high should we go to entice US citizens to take said jobs.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Master_Live

@n64dd said:
@zaryia said:
@n64dd said:

Cut off those red states.

Yikes. The amount of devastation this would cause is unspeakable lmao. But one good thing would come out of it, the GOP would likely die.

@n64dd said:

Polls are still skewed as pretty much all statistics are.

Morning Consult is highly accurate. National polls are highly accurate. You're randomly throwing out words.

So be it.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#69 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127517 Posts

@Jacanuk said:

No Tax money has nor will it ever go to tourists for any kind of medical care in America.

Let´s be clear here, Tourists who are stupid enough not to get travel insurance will get slammed instantly with a massive bill for most kind of treatments which they have to pay before they leave the hospital.

So they are essentially kidnapped by the hospital?

@mrbojangles25 said:

I'm OK with this. A lot of illegals are responsible for California's epic agriculture production (in addition to other things) and they don't really get paid all that well. If some of my taxes go to keeping them healthy so produce stays cheap, that's fine with me.

I mean really that's what you have to think about, is the big picture. You see "TAXES TO PAY FOR ILLEGALS" and get your panties in a bunch, but the reality is we are probably saving money because they'd find some other screwy way (namely going straight for the employers, regulating immigration, etc) and that'd raise prices across the board.

When Trump was doing his whole border spiel a few months ago and ICE was cracking down, a lot of immigrants fled and either returned home or hid somewhere. My friends neighbor had to close up his farm because A.) he couldn't find labor and B.) his costs went up. I'm not saying illegal immigrants are good, but I'm not saying they're bad; what I am saying is we can create a mutually beneficial relationship with them that benefits everyone.

You think California is all pro-immigrant to a ridiculous degree because we are all hippie-dippie left wingers? **** no, we rely on their labor. Keeping them healthy is the smart thing to do.

It's a bit sad though that so much of an industry relies on illegal immigrants doing dirt work that Americans don't want to. Could turn this around and say that prices on many products today are artificially low.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

@mattbbpl said:
@n64dd said:

You've argued tooth and nail against universal health care. Don't give us that tripe.

Remember when the GOP had both chambers and the presidency and didn't do shit with healthcare for 2 years (besides trying to strip it away from poor people)? I guess tax cuts were more important.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 N64DD
@HoolaHoopMan said:
@mattbbpl said:
@n64dd said:

Remember when the GOP had both chambers and the presidency and didn't do shit with healthcare for 2 years (besides trying to strip it away from poor people)? I guess tax cuts were more important.

Remember when the democrats had control of both and put through a health care system that pretty much ruined our health care in the country?

Pepperidge Farm remembers.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 mattbbpl

@n64dd: Ruined? I long to return to the days of lifetime caps and being rejected for pre-existing conditions.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36044 Posts

@HoolaHoopMan said:
@mattbbpl said:
@n64dd said:

Oh come now, that's how they were going to pay for those tax cuts.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 N64DD
@mattbbpl said:

@n64dd: Ruined? I long to return to the days of lifetime caps and being rejected for pre-existing conditions.

Oh hey, look deductibles that cost as much as the insurance itself.

LOL!

If you don't have insurance we'll FINE YOU.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 horgen  Moderator

@n64dd said:

Remember when the democrats had control of both and put through a health care system that pretty much ruined our health care in the country?

Some studies suggests otherwise

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 N64DD
@horgen said:
@n64dd said:

Some studies suggests otherwise

Prices for health care are crazy here now.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 jeezers

@horgen: there are Americans that will do the work, they just wont do it for under minimum wage. That's the beauty of hiring illegals, you don't have to pay taxes on them as employees, you don't have to even pay them minimum wage. You don't have to offer them sick time, vacation, benefits. Americans will and many will do the work, but companies cant take advantage of american workers like they can with illegals.

The only reason illegals take these dirt wages is because it triples in value just by sending it back home. Most dont plan on staying anyway.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 mattbbpl

@n64dd: Growth has been relatively consistent for decades.

https://images.app.goo.gl/hvxtkF5JL55AVTHK8

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By N64DD
@mattbbpl said:

@n64dd: Growth has been relatively consistent for decades.

https://images.app.goo.gl/hvxtkF5JL55AVTHK8

Nah fam.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 mattbbpl

@n64dd: ?

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 N64DD
@mattbbpl said:

https://money.cnn.com/2016/11/04/news/economy/obamacare-affordable/index.html

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By horgen  Moderator

@jeezers said:

@horgen: there are Americans that will do the work, they just wont do it for under minimum wage. That's the beauty of hiring illegals, you don't have to pay taxes on them as employees, you don't have to even pay them minimum wage. You don't have to offer them sick time, vacation, benefits. Americans will and many will do the work, but companies cant take advantage of american workers like they can with illegals.

The only reason illegals take these dirt wages is because it triples in value just by sending it back home. Most dont plan on staying anyway.

Hit the farmers with fines or jail. Today it is a small risk with huge chances of earning lots of money on it. That way you can get most farmers to hire those with legal resident in the country. It also means you will pay more for food.

@n64dd said:
@mattbbpl said:

What some of them pay for health insurance a month is more than I pay in taxes. And I live in a country with a higher tax rate than US.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 N64DD
@horgen said:
@jeezers said:

Hit the farmers with fines or jail. Today it is a small risk with huge chances of earning lots of money on it. That way you can get most farmers to hire those with legal resident in the country. It also means you will pay more for food.

@n64dd said:
@mattbbpl said:

What some of them pay for health insurance a month is more than I pay in taxes. And I live in a country with a higher tax rate than US.

Most companies that help pay for health insurance or pay for it fully, not out of your check(like mine does), don't really do it anymore because paying the fines to the government is cheaper than paying for insurance.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Master_Live

@horgen said:
@jeezers said:

That isn't politically feasible.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 horgen  Moderator

@Master_Live said:

That isn't politically feasible.

Do something that discourages farmers to hire illegals.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 jeezers

@horgen: there was a berry farm near my hometown that housed about 10-15 illegal workers in 2 broken down trailers on his property. When i say broken down I mean no running water or plumbing, falling apart.

He got busted and got prison time (pretty sure it was less than 5 years) but the irony of the whole thing was he had them watering and cropping a shit ton of pot plants hidden in an area about 30 acres into the woods behind the farm.

Thats how he got caught, feds had set up cameras in the woods once they knew someone was growing back there. The owner of the property was never on film but the illegals were so they took the heat for the pot and got deported. He just got charged for having illegals working on his property.

Kinda off topic but I think its an interesting story lol

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#87 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts
@horgen said:
@Jacanuk said:

So they are essentially kidnapped by the hospital?

It's a bit sad though that so much of an industry relies on illegal immigrants doing dirt work that Americans don't want to. Could turn this around and say that prices on many products today are artificially low.

Well, technically yes in a way but if you really can´t pay you will be flagged and denied entry to the US until the debt is paid.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#88 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

@n64dd:

Since when was more accessible healthcare for all considered a bad thing? I don't see the issue here.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 mattbbpl

@n64dd: I don't know what "nah fam" means. I just shoewed you that the cost rises are in line with what's been occurring for years before and after it's inplementation.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 horgen  Moderator

@Jacanuk said:

Well, technically yes in a way but if you really can´t pay you will be flagged and denied entry to the US until the debt is paid.

So you can call the police on them and have the police let you go.

@jeezers said:

@horgen: there was a berry farm near my hometown that housed about 10-15 illegal workers in 2 broken down trailers on his property. When i say broken down I mean no running water or plumbing, falling apart.

He got busted and got prison time (pretty sure it was less than 5 years) but the irony of the whole thing was he had them watering and cropping a shit ton of pot plants hidden in an area about 30 acres into the woods behind the farm.

Thats how he got caught, feds had set up cameras in the woods once they knew someone was growing back there. The owner of the property was never on film but the illegals were so they took the heat for the pot and got deported. He just got charged for having illegals working on his property.

Kinda off topic but I think its an interesting story lol

Couldn't or didn't bother to prove a connection between what that area was used for and the farmer I guess.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 HoolaHoopMan

@n64dd said:
@HoolaHoopMan said:
@mattbbpl said:
@n64dd said:

I certainly don't remember since that didn't happen. But it's cute that you're quick to divert the conversion and dodge the elephant in the room, and that is that the GOP has been decrying the ACA for years and doesn't have anything to replace it with.

Where is the GOP answer to our healthcare crisis? They had the government trifecta and didn't materialize anything.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By HoolaHoopMan

@mattbbpl said:

@n64dd: I don't know what "nah fam" means. I just shoewed you that the cost rises are in line with what's been occurring for years before and after it's inplementation.

Broken down by it's separate components, people approve of the ACA at a higher rate than when it's referred to as 'Obamacare'.

Caps on deductibles

Coverage for young adults until they're 26

Medicaid expansion limit

Protection for those with pre-existing conditions, etc.

We saw a large decrease in the uninsured market and positive notes by expanding Medicaid coverage (which is why many Red states even implemented it though it wasn't mandated due to the SC). This all happened with out ballooning healthcare prices as you've already shown. The worst thing about it, and probably the GOP rallying call, was the individual mandate. Where did this originate from? Freaking Republicans in the 90s.

You know what would be better than the ACA though? Single Payer.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 mrbojangles25

@horgen said:

@mrbojangles25 said:

It's sad, but it's also not. I've worked with immigrants (illegal and legal) in the restaurant industry for close to a decade, and they are underpaid relative to their American peers. With that said, they also generally don't pay taxes and they are making FAR more than they ever would from where they came from. It's like, do you want to get paid $10/hr tax free or $15/hr taxed? You sort of have to think about that for a second.

And I wouldn't say that it's work Americans don't want to do. It's work that American business owners don't want to pay people a livable wage to do. You start paying people $18/hr with benefits, you'll see all kinds of Americans out there picking peaches.

It's also important to note that this work is very seasonal. So for most of the year it's generally your American farmer with a few farm hands, but come harvest there are a lot of workers for a couple weeks.

I feel I have to say this: I am not trying to glorify illegal immigration as free labor, but I am also not trying to vilify it, either. It's simply something that exists and you have to make the best of it (as California generally does).

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178855 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:
@horgen said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

It's sad, but it's also not. I've worked with immigrants (illegal and legal) in the restaurant industry for close to a decade, and they are underpaid relative to their American peers. With that said, they also generally don't pay taxes and they are making FAR more than they ever would from where they came from. It's like, do you want to get paid $10/hr tax free or $15/hr taxed? You sort of have to think about that for a second.

And I wouldn't say that it's work Americans don't want to do. It's work that American business owners don't want to pay people a livable wage to do. You start paying people $18/hr with benefits, you'll see all kinds of Americans out there picking peaches.

It's also important to note that this work is very seasonal. So for most of the year it's generally your American farmer with a few farm hands, but come harvest there are a lot of workers for a couple weeks.

I feel I have to say this: I am not trying to glorify illegal immigration as free labor, but I am also not trying to vilify it, either. It's simply something that exists and you have to make the best of it (as California generally does).

They also have a higher cost of living as well in the US.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 mrbojangles25

@LJS9502_basic said:
@mrbojangles25 said:
@horgen said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

Do they? I generally see them living in large family units in cheap housing.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 LJS9502_basic

@mrbojangles25 said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Cost of living still affects them. They do live in the economy.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 N64DD
@LJS9502_basic said:
@mrbojangles25 said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Sounds like they live in a house. You can't physically live in an economy. That's an idea, not a place.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 LJS9502_basic

@n64dd said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Sounds like they live in a house. You can't physically live in an economy. That's an idea, not a place.

How simplistic of you. Explains much.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

@nepu7supastar7 said:

@n64dd:

Since when was more accessible healthcare for all considered a bad thing? I don't see the issue here.

At what cost has healthcare become more accessible?