Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 0

#1 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

Looks like the British May are having her own administration chaos, first, it was the Brexit minister David Davis exit, not it looks like the more docile "trump" has quit the circus.

Boris Johnson has resigned as Foreign Secretary amid a growing political crisis over the UK's Brexit strategy.

He is the second senior cabinet minister to quit within hours following Brexit Secretary David Davis's exit.

His departure came shortly before Theresa May began addressing Parliament about her new Brexit plan, which has angered many Conservative MPs.

She said she did not agree with the two ex-ministers about "the best way to honour" the result of the 2016 vote.

The BBC's political editor Laura Kuenssberg said Mr Johnson's exit had turned an "embarrassing and difficult situation for the PM into potentially a full-blown crisis".

She said he was not any ordinary cabinet minister but was the "face" of the Leave campaign during the 2016 referendum and his departure would fuel speculation about a leadership challenge.

She said she had been told by a source that either Theresa May "dumps" the plan signed off at Chequers or "another minister will go, then another, then another, then another".

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-44770847

Guess the Brexit deals are not going as hard as was planned. but let´s hope May rides the storm and do not have to enter a new election until Corbyn have retired.

deeliman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 deeliman
Member since 2013 • 4027 Posts

It's June, but it feels like the end of May.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts

I am going to pull out my insulting stupid American card with this question

what does this have to do with america?

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

@deeliman said:

July?

I hope the British get their deals sorted out before they are actually out of EU.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Jacanuk

@tryit said:

What do you mean? This is a political forum, not an "America only forum" and not everyone on this forum is American.

And this is pretty significant for May who is going to ride a storm until the exit if she lasts that long

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TryIt
@Jacanuk said:
@tryit said:

What do you mean? This is a political forum, not an "America only forum" and not everyone on this forum is American.

And this is pretty significant for May who is going to ride a storm until the exit if she lasts that long

yes I know that and yes I know its a dickish question, but its still a question I wish someone had an answer to.

does this story have any implications for the U.S.? just curious question

no is a perfectly fine and acceptable answer

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Jacanuk

@tryit said:
@Jacanuk said:
@tryit said:

yes I know that and yes I know its a dickish question, but its still a question I wish someone had an answer to.

Why are you interested if this has any impact on the US?

Your comment here is puzzling because not everything is about us or needs to about the us. This is not an Anti-trump forum after all.

The world is more and bigger than America and considering there are Europeans on this forum as well as Americans, this is significant news and it´s good for this forum to debate other things than just Anti-Trump shit.

Avatar image for deactivated-6068afec1b77d
deactivated-6068afec1b77d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8 deactivated-6068afec1b77d
Member since 2017 • 2539 Posts

@tryit:

@tryit said:

It means UK will come out and start knocking on USA door.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#9 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

Theresa May being laughed at:

https://youtu.be/dnKPdkxefXg

Needhealing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#10  Edited By Needhealing
Member since 2017 • 2041 Posts

Why the U.K made that stupid referendum in the beginning was bewildering.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 TryIt
@Jacanuk said:
@tryit said:
@Jacanuk said:
@tryit said:

Your comment here is puzzling because not everything is about us or needs to about the us. This is not an Anti-trump forum after all.

The world is more and bigger than America and considering there are Europeans on this forum as well as Americans, this is significant news and it´s good for this forum to debate other things than just Anti-Trump shit.

why cant anyone on these boards ever just answer a question.

over lunch I got my answer: no is the answer.

ok fair enough just curious.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Jacanuk

@tryit said:
@Jacanuk said:

Well, who can say if this has any meaning for the US.

It may end up making UK not turn to America and instead be more docile against the German and French demands.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 TryIt
@Jacanuk said:
@tryit said:
@Jacanuk said:

It may end up making UK not turn to America and instead be more docile against the German and French demands.

the answer was no.

I am not very smart and sometimes when people post things to mean some kind of implication for the U.S. I am simply not smart enough to pick up on its subtext meaning.

in this case it appears the answer is no. That doesn't diminish the importance of the story to others, just not important to me which is fine. it just means its not a conversation for me.

aka..the answer was no

thanks and goodbye

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Jacanuk

@tryit said:
@Jacanuk said:
@tryit said:
@Jacanuk said:

the answer was no.

I am not very smart and sometimes when people post things to mean some kind of implication for the U.S. I am simply not smart enough to pick up on its subtext meaning.

in this case it appears the answer is no. That doesn't diminish the importance of the story to others, just not important to me which is fine. it just means its not a conversation for me.

aka..the answer was no

thanks and goodbye

Actually the answer is not No

The answer is maybe, UK is going to need allies and considering the current political situation in Europe, UK will need to turn to Canada and America. So Boris as a strong advocate for the leave movement leaving is going to have a impact

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TryIt
@Jacanuk said:
@tryit said:
@Jacanuk said:
@tryit said:

the answer was no.

I am not very smart and sometimes when people post things to mean some kind of implication for the U.S. I am simply not smart enough to pick up on its subtext meaning (if there is one)

aka..the answer was no

thanks and goodbye

Actually the answer is not No

The answer is maybe, UK is going to need allies and considering the current political situation in Europe, UK will need to turn to Canada and America. So Boris as a strong advocate for the leave movement leaving is going to have a impact

whatever bro, dont care.

the post was not made as a subtext meaning for the U.S.

if it was, please tell me. and while your at it -re-read above in bold and try not to make this more complicated then it was

deeliman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deeliman
@horgen said:
@deeliman said:

July?

I hope the British get their deals sorted out before they are actually out of EU.

Shit I ruined the joke -_-

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Jacanuk

@deeliman said:
@horgen said:
@deeliman said:

July?

Joke was still fine :D

it was a good one, but let´s hope may do not end until June 2020.

deeliman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deeliman
@Jacanuk said:
@deeliman said:
@horgen said:
@deeliman said:

July?

Haha thanks.

Well, it's not looking too good. There hasn't really been any progress at all, while this internal struggle is going on the clock is still ticking before the UK oficially leaves the EU. Not having any deal at all would spell disaster for the UK, and would also significantly hurt many EU countries.

But since you support May, can I assume you are for a soft brexit?

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Jacanuk

@deeliman said:
@Jacanuk said:
@deeliman said:
@horgen said:

July?

Haha thanks.

Well, it's not looking too good. There hasn't really been any progress at all, while this internal struggle is going on the clock is still ticking before the UK oficially leaves the EU. Not having any deal at all would spell disaster for the UK, and would also significantly hurt many EU countries.

But since you support May, can I assume you are for a soft brexit?

Oh, I do not support May at all. She has been a horrible leader despite her attempts to be iron lady 2.

Also, Corbyn is a disaster and if he ever managed to weasel is way into power it would mean a destruction of the UK as we know it, since everyone even his own party can´t stand the guy. Which is some of the reason why May held the election, even though it kinda backfired when she is more unpopular than Corbyn and represents Brexit.

And no I am not for a soft exit as such, I am for a hard border between Ireland and the UK and also for not allowing the muppets in Brussels to railroad the UK and especially not the figurehead president (who is the biggest joke ever)

But ya it looks like UK is going for the https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-44770847 soft exit, amazing either leave or don´t leave, don´t try to please the EU overlords and accept their demands.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178845 Posts

LOL Boris trump is trump....you know putin's bitch.

micky4889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21  Edited By micky4889
Member since 2006 • 2668 Posts

@Jacanuk: "I am for a hard border between Ireland and the UK" I had a great laugh at that . You clearly someone that has no idea what they're talking about. First off as someone thats seen the boarder in Ireland, its simply unenforceable for starters as its not divided up by rivers or streams you simply zig in and out between Ireland and the north without even knowing you did it. There is places in the north where you cross the boarder about 6 times just to get to somewhere that's 10 minutes up the road LMAO

But seriously there's a reason no one is calling for a boarder there. First off Mays goverment is being held up by the DUP that knows if they ever supported such a thing it would be the downfall of the party and the start of the reunification of the Island. Such a thing could also lead to the Scots wanting free too. I believe 45% already want out of the UK

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Jacanuk

@micky4889 said:

@Jacanuk: "I am for a hard border between Ireland and the UK" I had a great laugh at that . You clearly someone that has no idea what they're talking about. First off as someone thats seen the boarder in Ireland, its simply unenforceable for starters as its not divided up by rivers or streams you simply zig in and out between Ireland and the north without even knowing you did it. There is places in the north where you cross the boarder about 6 times just to get to somewhere that's 10 minutes up the road LMAO

But seriously there's a reason no one is calling for a boarder there. First off Mays goverment is being held up by the DUP that knows if they ever supported such a thing it would be the downfall of the party and the start of the reunification of the Island. Such a thing could also lead to the Scots wanting free too. I believe 45% already want out of the UK

You are right, no borders in the world have ever worked right.... we are talking a border not a fortress here.

And they need a hard border there, so there is a clear distinction between the wilderness AKA EU and the civilised world AKA UK.

micky4889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By micky4889
Member since 2006 • 2668 Posts
@Jacanuk said:
@micky4889 said:

You are right, no borders in the world have ever worked right.... we are talking a border not a fortress here.

And they need a hard border there, so there is a clear distinction between the wilderness AKA EU and the civilised world AKA UK.

Hey I'm just pointing out the obvious. I actually wouldn't mind seeing a hard border there just because Id love to see the Scots finally get free and out from under the English. and I think the best way for that to happen is for Ireland to join together again.

I don't get the last part? Isn't the Irish a lot richer that people in the UK? Almost 50% GDP per capita more. It must be good to live in the wilderness I guess lol

Loading Video...

Going to need a lot of checkpoints. Maybe Trump will a wall lol

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#24 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

Hope we leave without a deal, I'm not being shafted by these clowns.

Her popularity just took a nose dive after these proposals.

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By mandzilla  Moderator
Member since 2017 • 4686 Posts

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Jacanuk

@micky4889 said:
@Jacanuk said:
@micky4889 said:

Hey I'm just pointing out the obvious. I actually wouldn't mind seeing a hard border there just because Id love to see the Scots finally get free and out from under the English. and I think the best way for that to happen is for Ireland to join together again.

I don't get the last part? Isn't the Irish a lot richer that people in the UK? Almost 50% GDP per capita more. It must be good to live in the wilderness I guess lol

Going to need a lot of checkpoints. Maybe Trump will a wall lol

Well, the point of a border is not to stop the people who really want to cheat across, you think the US - Canadian border is fool proof or the US - Mexican? or what about the Turkish - Greece border.

No border in history have been 100% foolproof but the point is that on the main roads and the minor important roads there will and need to be a checkpoint, especially considering the shit that can come in from the EU.

And let´s take a look at GDP of the two countries. UK $2.88 trillion (2017 est.) $2.833 trillion (2016 est.) $2.783 trillion (2015 est.) Vs Ireland $344.8 billion (2017 est.) $331.2 billion (2016 est.) $315.1 billion (2015 est.

So Ireland is a lot poorer and also a lot more expensive than UK.

but ya a Trump Wall, a May Wall or Long Live Boris Trump wall perhaps :D

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#27 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

HOnestly, hope Brexit fails and they stay in the UK. That was a terrible decision.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#28 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

@deeliman said:

I see what you did there, even though it's actually July. lol

IvanGrozny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By IvanGrozny
Member since 2015 • 1845 Posts
@LJS9502_basic said:

LOL Boris trump is trump....you know putin's bitch.

Oh my gosh you liberals make no sense and mix the things up. I am not a fan of Boris Johnson, but as a Russian I know for sure he is a loud Putin and Russia critic. He may be many things except Putin's bitch. Stop calling everything you dislike or disagree as Trumpish or linking to Russia somehow. This is going up to absurd levels at this point, and the fact that i had to defend Boris Johnson makes me sick : (

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178845 Posts

@ivangrozny: Way to misunderstand a post and go on an inane rant about it.

deeliman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By deeliman
@LJS9502_basic said:

@ivangrozny: Way to misunderstand a post and go on an inane rant about it.

Reading comprehension seems to be at an all time low on this forum.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 horgen  Moderator

@sonicare said:

HOnestly, hope Brexit fails and they stay in the UK. That was a terrible decision.

I am so glad we have our own Ken M.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

@horgen said:
@sonicare said:

the internet troll?

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#34 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

@horgen said:
@sonicare said:

Typo, I mean EU not UK.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 horgen  Moderator

@sonicare said:
@horgen said:
@sonicare said:

Typo, I mean EU not UK.

But it made it so much better.

@n64dd said:

the internet troll?

Not just any internet troll :P

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Jacanuk

@horgen said:
@sonicare said:

Who?

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 horgen  Moderator

@Jacanuk said:
@horgen said:
@sonicare said:

Who?

He was the best internet troller there was.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Jacanuk

@horgen said:
@Jacanuk said:
@horgen said:
@sonicare said:

Who?

LOL classic

If all trolls were like that :D

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts
@horgen said:
@Jacanuk said:
@horgen said:
@sonicare said:

Who?

I know who you are talking about.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38678 Posts
@needhealing said:

money and immigrants.

the threat of less of one and more of the other lights a fire under people.

Needhealing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Needhealing

@comp_atkins said:
@needhealing said:

money and immigrants.

Yeah, the rising populist movement is scary to be honest.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 horgen  Moderator

@needhealing said:
@comp_atkins said:
@needhealing said:

money and immigrants.

I recently read that some claimed Nazis to be good people. I assume whoever wrote or said that, has no idea what the ideology to nazis are.

Dark_sageX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 236

#43 Dark_sageX
Member since 2003 • 3561 Posts

Why should he stay? Theresa May is spineless and betrayed the british citizens, I wouldn't want to be anywhere near her either.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 TryIt
@Dark_sageX said:

Why should he stay? Theresa May is spineless and betrayed the british citizens, I wouldn't want to be anywhere near her either.

in fact, he should not even bother to go at all. and all those leaders can just call each other and make their own plans without USA in the mix.

Needhealing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Needhealing

@horgen said:
@needhealing said:
@comp_atkins said:
@needhealing said:

money and immigrants.

I recently read that some claimed Nazis to be good people. I assume whoever wrote or said that, has no idea what the ideology to nazis are.

My biggest questions is what is causing this movement. Immigration?

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Jacanuk

@needhealing said:
@horgen said:
@needhealing said:
@comp_atkins said:
@needhealing said:

money and immigrants.

Yup, you hit the nail spot on there.

It´s the growing immigration and especially the culture clashes that is adding to the growing turn to the right.

But can you really blame them?

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By TryIt
@Jacanuk said:
@needhealing said:
@horgen said:
@needhealing said:

It´s the growing immigration and especially the culture clashes that is adding to the growing turn to the right.

do you have some numbers that give us an idea of how much its growing exactly?

regarding 'blaming them', ironically in some intellectual circles this move to the extreme right was predicted more than 15 years ago as I recall.

Diversity in of itself regardless of reason, benefit or risk completely freak some people out

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Jacanuk

@tryit said:
@Jacanuk said:
@needhealing said:
@horgen said:
@needhealing said:

regarding 'blaming them', ironically in some intellectual circles this move to the extreme right was predicted more than 15 years ago as I recall.

Diversity in of itself regardless of reason, benefit or risk completely freak some people out

Well, if you are looking at refugees alone, Germany took in more than a million last year and there are around 2-3 million in camps around the meditation.

And in some "intellectual circles"? I think you are confused here. But do please link tot he "genius" who saw the change in the middle-east, and also the cost wars led by the US and it's allied had. Also, no one is moving to the "extreme right"

The problem we have here is that you can´t be for strong borders and a hold to immigration/refugees until the problems a society is faced with are solved, without being considered right. The whole concept the left have of open borders and free movement is a mirage, people are too different and why should a country destroy decades of prosperity in the name of "openness"

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 TryIt
@Jacanuk said:
@tryit said:
@Jacanuk said:
@needhealing said:
@horgen said:

Well, if you are looking at refugees alone, Germany took in more than a million last year ...

nope that kind of stastic doesnt help.

I need to know how many total in 2010, how many total in 2011, how many total in 2012 all the way up to today...you know.. a chart or something? knowing how many they took in last year doesnt do much for anything, for all i know that is LESS than the year before!

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Jacanuk

@tryit said:
@Jacanuk said:
@tryit said:
@Jacanuk said:
@needhealing said:

Well, if you are looking at refugees alone, Germany took in more than a million last year ...

nope that kind of stastic doesnt help.

I need to know how many total in 2010, how many total in 2011, how many total in 2012 all the way up to today...you know.. a chart or something? knowing how many they took in last year doesnt do much for anything, for all i know that is LESS than the year before!

And if you need that Google is your friend.

I am not your servant.