Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#702  Edited By waahahah
Member since 2014 • 2462 Posts

@joebones5000 said:
@waahahah said:
@joebones5000 said:

@waahahah: Your question is just more distraction. Not interested.

Distraction from what? You didn't even make a valid point with your data, you just posted something on percentages and refuted my claim about WHICH event is more common, murder by gun or self defense with gun.

I can tell you're having a hard time with this. Sorry, but you can't change that fact that guns are rarely used for self defense. Whine about it all you want.

Which nobody is arguing against.

waahahah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#704  Edited By waahahah

@joebones5000 said:
@waahahah said:
@joebones5000 said:
@waahahah said:
@joebones5000 said:

@waahahah: Your question is just more distraction. Not interested.

Distraction from what? You didn't even make a valid point with your data, you just posted something on percentages and refuted my claim about WHICH event is more common, murder by gun or self defense with gun.

I can tell you're having a hard time with this. Sorry, but you can't change that fact that guns are rarely used for self defense. Whine about it all you want.

Then I'm glad we agree. Guns are rarely used for self-defense. Stop replying.

but they are used more often then murder so removing them is still potentially detrimental, its still the best option for self defense.

waahahah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#706 waahahah

@joebones5000 said:

@waahahah: Guns are not the best option for self defense. You're twice as likely to suffer injury or death by using a gun or another weapon than you are by hiding, running away, or calling the police. Statistics are quite clear on this.

Your twisting the statistics you cited, dead people whom can't take surveys.

And lying about them..

After any protective action, 4.2% of victims were injured; after SDGU, 4.1% of victims were injured

.1% less not twice as likely and your study doesn't show the nature of the attack or the injury.

And its only a survey... And we are talking about 127 examples of self defense using a gun which is... a stupidly small sample size, your arguing over my statistics where one of them shows at least 10x more self defense gun usages...

Please tell me why you think these numbers actually say anything worth while? I DON'T SEE ANY BIAS HERE.

Avatar image for deactivated-601cef9eca9e5
deactivated-601cef9eca9e5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#707  Edited By deactivated-601cef9eca9e5
Member since 2007 • 3296 Posts

@joebones5000 said:
@waahahah said:
@joebones5000 said:
@waahahah said:

That is actually false- guns are used more in self defense than they are for criminal reasons. This is according to the CDC and other sources.

Here is a link to the study:

https://www.dailywire.com/news/6619/study-guns-are-six-times-more-likely-be-used-crime-aaron-bandler

waahahah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#708 waahahah

@mighty-lu-bu said:
@joebones5000 said:
@waahahah said:
@joebones5000 said:
@waahahah said:

That is actually false- guns are used more in self defense than they are for criminal reasons. This is according to the CDC and other sources.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/6619/study-guns-are-six-times-more-likely-be-used-crime-aaron-bandler

rare is a relative term, crime has become "rare" so by extension defending yourself with guns has to be rarer.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#709 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

@waahahah said:
@joebones5000 said:

@waahahah: Guns are not the best option for self defense. You're twice as likely to suffer injury or death by using a gun or another weapon than you are by hiding, running away, or calling the police. Statistics are quite clear on this.

Your twisting the statistics you cited, dead people whom can't take surveys.

And lying about them..

After any protective action, 4.2% of victims were injured; after SDGU, 4.1% of victims were injured

.1% less not twice as likely and your study doesn't show the nature of the attack or the injury.

And its only a survey... And we are talking about 127 examples of self defense using a gun which is... a stupidly small sample size, your arguing over my statistics where one of them shows at least 10x more self defense gun usages...

Please tell me why you think these numbers actually say anything worth while? I DON'T SEE ANY BIAS HERE.

He's a troll.

Case closed.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#710  Edited By deactivated-601cef9eca9e5

@waahahah said:
@mighty-lu-bu said:
@joebones5000 said:
@waahahah said:

rare is a relative term, crime has become "rare" so by extension defending yourself with guns has to be rarer.

Yet the stats speak for themselves and gun defense is far higher than crimes used with guns.

waahahah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#712 waahahah

@joebones5000 said:

The arguments in that article are really specious. Wow...

At least their coherent and well backed arguments. You should take a moment of self reflection to understand which arguments are actually specious.

waahahah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#715 waahahah

@joebones5000 said:

lol. The whole point of an argument being specious is that it is not coherent or well-supported. This is just pro gun desperation. John Lott. lol.

Well the first half is right, but your the one making the specious arguments.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#716 deactivated-601cef9eca9e5

@joebones5000: Says you and 5 other liberal assholes.

airraidjet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#717 airraidjet
Member since 2006 • 834 Posts

David Hogg is a hypocritical POS.

Loading Video...

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#718 TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts

side note for everyone:

anyone notice how once the teacher went on strike that they idea of giving them guns has now stopped?