Your OCD in gaming?

• 81 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Zythn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#51 Zythn
Member since 2009 • 152 Posts

I also have reload syndrome, after every fight in a shooter, even if I use say 2 rounds of a 24 round clip, I will reload. Sepewrath

Same Here. Even if its 1 bullet from a 4 thousand round clip :P. Every time i kill an enemy I have to reload, whether or not there are more enemies in the area or not. Also, even if i kill an enemy by melee I start to freak out because I cant reload my gun for "some reason." lol

lachlanclan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 lachlanclan
Member since 2009 • 86 Posts

reloading syndrome. gotta love that full clip

alex6792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#53 alex6792
Member since 2008 • 125 Posts

-reloading WAY too much

-double jumping for no reason

-triple check a room for extras

-killing the person who just killed me online

-check my friendslist as soon as i turn on my ps3

-check trophies as soon as i turn on my ps3

-playing tactically all the time,no matter if its fighter,shooter,run and gun,i subconciously play like that,lol

-when i load up guitar hero 4,i warm up with one of my favorite songs(usually re-education through labor):-D

-clean my ps3 every day

dan_gerous87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 dan_gerous87
Member since 2007 • 785 Posts

I got pretty bad playing Oblivion, Fallout 3 & Dead Space, where you only have limited inventory slots & have to keep going back to store new items in the safe or the locker. Also in any game where you can save anywhere & anytime like Bioshock, Half Life, Fallout 3 etc, I always have to save after every single encounter with the enemies & every time I enter a different room. It makes it feel twice as long to beat those games. :(

In shooting games I have to keep my ammo topped up, in RPGs I have to go everywhere & talk to everyone... yeah you name the OCD & I probably have it.

piranha_inc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#55 piranha_inc
Member since 2005 • 1994 Posts
Mine is, buying game after game after game without finishing the last one I got, Sometimes I really have to make an effort, into puting myself to the task of finishing the games I buy. Saddest thing is, most of them are AAA titles
M0wen10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#56 M0wen10
Member since 2009 • 7555 Posts

I always like to find intel or items in games. Like in Bioshock I search backwards and forwards to see if I missed anything. I'm not weird, I just like to find things :)

M0wen10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 M0wen10

I reload too much at stupid times. I wish I wouldn't. :P I also, in some games, look for treasures everywhere. Uncharted and InFamous were great examples. :DChaos_Bladez

I reload a lot when I don't need to. For example in COD 4 i reload after I kill someone, I can't help myself :P

M0wen10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 M0wen10

[QUOTE="Sepewrath"]I also have reload syndrome, after every fight in a shooter, even if I use say 2 rounds of a 24 round clip, I will reload. Zythn

Same Here. Even if its 1 bullet from a 4 thousand round clip :P. Every time i kill an enemy I have to reload, whether or not there are more enemies in the area or not. Also, even if i kill an enemy by melee I start to freak out because I cant reload my gun for "some reason." lol

I'm with you guys :)

monkeyd_93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#59 monkeyd_93
Member since 2007 • 6848 Posts
nope i dont have OCD well i dont think i have, i reload often in any FPS game but thats not really OCD as if you get in a gun fight or shoot someone with 2 bullets and they are alive, 10 seconds to reload is the difference between life or death, so full clip when killing someone is a must
metalicelvis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 metalicelvis
Member since 2008 • 716 Posts

Woo! Glad its not just me! I have quite a few...

Elder Scrolls: Oblivion - If I go anywhere and knock a pot over on the table or the cutlery it does my head in.

Elder Scrolls: Oblivion - Have to close doors.

Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood - even though I know I've collected the secret I have to open each chest to make sure.

Call of Duty: WAW - "Reload Syndrome" as you call it.

Resident Evil 5 -have to check every corner in every room for herbs, ammo etc.

Uncharted - HATE having to leave the shotgun behind if i've already got the AK-47 for example...

GTA IV - Have to park cars properly, like I do paralell parking and bay parking, can't just leave it in the middle of pavement/road.

GTA IV- Have to drive properly to avoiddamaging my car, hate having knocks on it.

I'll stop thereLOL quite a list.. :(

shadow6982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 shadow6982
Member since 2004 • 28 Posts

I'm the opposite.I will always select the hardest difficulty level, and I am guessing I am what is known as a "checker" in OCD because i will keep going to the options menu and checking that I am INDEED playing on the hardest difficulty setting. I mean i will read it there that yes its the hardest difficulty setting, but then I will be like wait.... did I REALLY put it on the hardest level? If for any reason i feel that the game is not as hard as its supposed to be, even though i REMEMBER putting it on the hardest setting, i might quith the whole game and start again. Yes I am planning to see a therapist next month for this. It has completely sapped the fun out of playing games for me. I am guessing its because videogaming for me is an escapist route, somewhere where I can find pleasure, and because it used to give me such pleasure, it has to be perfect. Anyone else have somethnig similar to this?

bleacher6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 bleacher6
Member since 2010 • 332 Posts

My OCD is i tend to hate using up energy type stuff in games. Such as inFamous, i think i used the simple shock waaaaay too many times xD. And god of war i basically never used magic if i didnt have to

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#63 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts
I obsess over not being spotted, raising alarms, or killing anybody in stealth games. I beat MGS4 without doing any of these, and boy... did I replay the levels a lot.
anime_gamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#64 anime_gamer007
Member since 2007 • 6142 Posts
In RPGs or any game that always plenty of exploration/side quests for sure. Probably why it takes me so long to complete
takspeed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#65 takspeed
Member since 2010 • 257 Posts

Having to play the first game in the series before moving on to the sequel, always constatnly reloading and always exploring every room :)

G-CITY8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 G-CITY8
Member since 2011 • 82 Posts
I HAVE to reload in FPS. Like COD if I shoot one bullet I will reload.
BlackDevil99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 BlackDevil99
Member since 2003 • 2329 Posts

i must do ALL THE SIDE QUESTS! except those collectible ones, those are for the trully obsessed

Masenkoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#68 Masenkoe
Member since 2007 • 4897 Posts

Reload Syndrome here too, and it usually gets me killed.

I also hate how in CoD specifically if you die reloading, you spawn reloading. That has also gotten me killed several times.

I also have a tendancy in games, like New Vegas, or Oblivion if I'm walking to constantly be pressing space bar to jump. WHY???

brickdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 156

#69 brickdoctor
Member since 2008 • 9746 Posts

Like most people, I've got reload syndrome. And I overstock as well. I remember I spent two hours preparing for my raid on the Super Duper Mart in Fallout 3 for Moira Brown, and it was only like a 30 second walk away from Megaton. And since I brought so much gear with me, I couldn't loot from any of the raiders. :( Also, in Half Life 2 and its episodes, I quck save ALL THE TIME. I can't help it and I don't know why.

Airek49

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Airek49
Member since 2003 • 1081 Posts
When I get a new game, I wait to play it. Not because I'm not interested in it, but because it builds up the excitement until it's finally "go" time. Plus, I have a wife and a little girl, so instead of coming home and tearing into a game only to be asked to do something fifteen minutes in, I wait until the time is right. ... Oh, and I smell the instruction booklet. A lot. What of it?
MoNsTeR_zAcH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#71 MoNsTeR_zAcH
Member since 2011 • 523 Posts

[QUOTE="Sepewrath"]I also have reload syndrome, after every fight in a shooter, even if I use say 2 rounds of a 24 round clip, I will reload. hassanfadil
lol i got that too

I got it. Even with my M60 Big Ammo

CanderD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 CanderD
Member since 2006 • 131 Posts

When playing any RPG, as soon as I get a chance to grind at the beginning, I grind to at least level 5 before I even begin.

I usually also have to purchase all the games in a series, prior to playing any of them.

In Battlefield BC2, I always throw out a Med pack or Ammo kit after a fire fight.

I alphabetize my games.

Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

Trophies/achievements. I don't feel like I've beaten a game until I've gotten every last one.

Random-Target

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Random-Target
Member since 2011 • 178 Posts

My syndrome, is that even if I've gotten to that point in a game where you have millions of money, I like spendind the least possible

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#75 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
I keep checking the map even if I know exactly where I am and exactly where I'm going. I stick to the "keep a franchise on one console brand" rule another poster mentioned.
Avatar image for JasonDarksavior
JasonDarksavior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#76 JasonDarksavior
Member since 2008 • 9323 Posts
I always reload after every kill, but SOH makes it less dangerous.
DrRockso87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 DrRockso87
Member since 2010 • 2647 Posts

After clearing an area of enemies, I always reload my weapons (whether they're guns or whatever else). I hate turning a corner, getting ambushed and then shooting four bullets so my character can start reloading as a chimera three times my size starts... well, doing something inappropriate to my corpse. :P

romainsimoni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 romainsimoni
Member since 2002 • 1955 Posts

I have exactly the opposite of Reloading OCD!

I avoid manually reloading to the max because it's always a waste of ammo. Yes I know it's better to reload before engaging but it's a waste nonetheless. Got this by playing Left 4 Dead 2 online way too much.

And when I find a friendly character, I always have to attack it to see if it reacts, if it dies, and if it can change the course of the game because of the death. I don't remember a single character I met that I didn't try to attack, lol.

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#79 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

Not really an OCD more of profectionism. I won't buy an incomplete game, original case and manual. and only first party gaming stuff controllers/memory cards/etc.

Profectionism or completism but not OCD

doomguy9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#80 doomguy9
Member since 2011 • 355 Posts

When I play an RTS I always play VERY conservative and in FPS games I tend to reload even if I only fired 2-3 shots off a 30 shot clip.

CheekyIchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#81 CheekyIchi
Member since 2010 • 739 Posts

I'm a completist when it comes to playing my PS3...well, I try to be.