Your OCD in gaming?

• 81 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

hassanfadil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 hassanfadil
Member since 2003 • 1051 Posts

Do you have any OCDs in gaming?

mine i call it the search OCD that i try searching every corner for power ups, ammo...etc and feel uncomfortable when i feel like i missed something.

it gets more annoying in sand-box games but i try to overcome it.

am curious if anybody got any kind of OCD.

Terrencec06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Terrencec06
Member since 2008 • 4024 Posts

I wouldn't say ocd but pissed when I make it to a location with a lot of enemies and I don't have ammo

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30688 Posts
once I start a series on a particular console every iteration has to be on that console, even if there is a "superior" version on another console. The only way I will change consoles is if the game is not available on the original console, like how RE4 was on the cube for RE5 wasn't on the Wii, if it were, even with it being on the PS3 and 360 I would have gotten it for the Wii. When Bioshock 2 comes out I will get it for the 360 because thats where I played the first, the same goes for Dead Rising. And I will get Assassins Creed 2 and MW2 on the PS3 because thats where I play those franchises. My series have to have order to them.
amob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 amob
Member since 2006 • 596 Posts
i don't like to miss things, like in rpg's i'll miss a great reward/skill pick up. sometimes i'll even restart if i miss too many things.
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30688 Posts
I also have reload syndrome, after every fight in a shooter, even if I use say 2 rounds of a 24 round clip, I will reload.
hassanfadil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 hassanfadil
I also have reload syndrome, after every fight in a shooter, even if I use say 2 rounds of a 24 round clip, I will reload. Sepewrath
lol i got that too
Derek42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Derek42
Member since 2009 • 1117 Posts

I also have reload syndrome, after every fight in a shooter, even if I use say 2 rounds of a 24 round clip, I will reload. Sepewrath

Same here :( I do it on allmy console shooters and the habbit kills me in online shooters when I reload after I kill someone when there is 4 more coming at me

ASRCSR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8 ASRCSR
Member since 2008 • 2793 Posts

If you hae an OCD in gaming then you need to stop, seriously! If you et pissed then that is differenct but when you cant sleep or do anything other than find the last hidden package in the game you need to find another hobby.

Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 Scianix-Black
Member since 2008 • 19297 Posts

Reload syndrome. Reload after every firefight.

Closing doors. In games like Oblivion or Sacred, if I open a closed door and walk through, I always have to close it. Leaving it open just feels weird.

Double jumping. In platformers, even if I know I can make the jump by pressing X once, I always press it twice for good measure.

Overstocking. Before I leave a town or go onto the next area, I always gather up more ammo or items than I actually end up using.

Greed. If it's a chest, open it; a box, smash it.

Avatar image for ShaneAKAbirdman
ShaneAKAbirdman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ShaneAKAbirdman
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
[QUOTE="Sepewrath"]I also have reload syndrome, after every fight in a shooter, even if I use say 2 rounds of a 24 round clip, I will reload. hassanfadil
lol i got that too

Lmao me 3
Solid_Cipher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 Solid_Cipher
Member since 2008 • 752 Posts
I have OCD in keeping my PS3 clean :(
amob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 amob
Member since 2006 • 596 Posts

Overstocking. Before I leave a town or go onto the next area, I always gather up more ammo or items than I actually end up using.

Scianix-Black

I have these as well, greed is probably from my missing things ocd. I have the overstocking bad, i hate to sell things in rpgs, even if i never use them. I think everyone has RS.

hassanfadil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 hassanfadil

Closing doors. In games like Oblivion or Sacred, if I open a closed door and walk through, I always have to close it. Leaving it open just feels weird.

Double jumping. In platformers, even if I know I can make the jump by pressing X once, I always press it twice for good measure.

Scianix-Black

i got Opening doors instead

Also got Money saver OCD and end up with too much money more than i want

oh and Greed too

samuraiguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 samuraiguns
Member since 2005 • 11588 Posts

Reload Syndrome and Overstocking.

amoremono1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15 amoremono1
Member since 2009 • 386 Posts

I have something like reload syndrome but its mainly in strategy games....

if I make one foolish move, or lose even a single player, Ill often restart the whole stage, even if Im deep in it.....Ive been trying to break this with Valkyria Chronicles, because Ive done some of the battles 20 times just trying not to lose a single player....

hassanfadil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 hassanfadil

If you hae an OCD in gaming then you need to stop, seriously! If you et pissed then that is differenct but when you cant sleep or do anything other than find the last hidden package in the game you need to find another hobby.

ASRCSR
it's not like that, i mean the OCD is inside the game itself
OrangeCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 OrangeCrowbar
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Well I always put my games in alphabetical order and I hate it if I have one of those greatest hits or platinum cases. And it really gets on my nerves when I play a game in a series without playing the previous games but I usually just have to put up with that one. And I hate it when there's any stickers or marks on the case that shouldn't be there. In the actual game though I don't think I have too many.
Rakuho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 Rakuho
Member since 2007 • 7008 Posts

Scianix-Black

i definitely have these...

ughh.. can't count the number of times reloading got me in trouble (i kind of kicked the habbit, but still reload after a kill once in a while)... and chests? i even open those after i overstocked and have uber equipment...

to those i would also add:

Extra Button Pressing: For some reason i tend to think that would do extra damage...

Item attachment: sometimes when i pick up fairly rare perishable items (recovery, stat boost, etc) i feel the need to savor them... and often time i end up not using them at all throughout the entire course of the game when they could have clearly made things easier...

Hellfire-1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Hellfire-1
Member since 2009 • 3532 Posts
I have a serious case of overstocking. On fallout 3 I store absolutly every item I find, even the plates, which do nothing. My storage spaces take forever to scroll through. I probably have the biggest collection of weapons ever though, cause I dont use them to repair each other.
RotaryRX7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 RotaryRX7
Member since 2003 • 7184 Posts
I reload pretty much after every kill. I always try to have 100% health and armor. If I don't, I spend time trying to get it before I go on an objective to kill. In racing games, I always want my car to be perfect. If in Burnout Paradise, for example, I accidentally bump into something, I will then purposely total my car so that I respawn brand new again. :D
Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Scianix-Black
Member since 2008 • 19297 Posts

If in Burnout Paradise, for example, I accidentally bump into something, I will then purposely total my car so that I respawn brand new again. :DRotaryRX7

Ahh yes, The Compensator Syndrome.

I had this too when I played a lot of Midnight Club. I liked to cruise in that game, and if I ever bumped in to something, I would open up the map and transport to the garage to fix it and then cruise some more.

StargamerX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 StargamerX
Member since 2006 • 1303 Posts
  • Searching every corner
  • Obtain every power-up / Overstocking
  • Reload constantly
  • Game series on the same console
  • Double jumping
  • Play games in order
  • Keep games alphabetical, original casing
  • The 'compensator syndrome'

Yeah, pretty much OCD to some degree on all of these. lol

zoidsj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 zoidsj
Member since 2007 • 2628 Posts

I have reload OCD, Kill everything in sight OCD and cheapskate OCD ( I tend to save too many points, money, and other things i should be spending on upgrades and such)

Sk8ter_213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Sk8ter_213
Member since 2003 • 4573 Posts
[QUOTE="Sepewrath"]I also have reload syndrome, after every fight in a shooter, even if I use say 2 rounds of a 24 round clip, I will reload. hassanfadil
lol i got that too

Same here.
Leon_Kennedy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Leon_Kennedy1
Member since 2006 • 1030 Posts
i always try to save money, now i'm playing Bioshock on survival, i have 500 cash ( max ) from the second level .. and i aint buying a damn thing :x i also have the reload syndrome, double jumping and overstocking
RazerBlade13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 RazerBlade13
Member since 2008 • 3822 Posts

I've got restart OCD. In racing games, I always feel compelled to restart the race if I run into anything and people get ahead of me.

zoidsj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 zoidsj
Member since 2007 • 2628 Posts

I've got restart OCD. In racing games, I always feel compelled to restart the race if I run into anything and people get ahead of me.

RazerBlade13

Oh god me too, this OCD completely destroyed Motorstorm PR for me

Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts

I usually search levels. Most multiple route games are cliche. Going right progresses you through. Going left always had "the secret item" or a better route to that item that the right side completely bypasses.

I also prefer to have everything unlocked. Especially with something such as a fighting game for example.

When I was younger, I used to care about getting "the 100% completion". But back then, it was actually fun. 100% meant "you found all of the secrets". Now it's just trophies and BS like "kill the blue guy a thousand times" or "Play the game 50 times". So I don't care about that anymore.

robertmac_33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 robertmac_33
Member since 2004 • 849 Posts

Alot of people have said this already, but i also like to extensively search levels for hidden items/easter eggs etc.

Also if its a series of games, i need to own every one regardles how good they are... GTA, Tomb Raider etc :)

eo_the_shaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 eo_the_shaman
Member since 2009 • 1800 Posts

i have to kill/do what i need to do one way the way i want to do it..I.E. force unleashed i like to kill people with lightning so if i dont kill them with lightning wel.i keep trying till i do

Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Zidaneski
Member since 2003 • 9266 Posts

I usually search levels. Most multiple route games are cliche. Going right progresses you through. Going left always had "the secret item" or a better route to that item that the right side completely bypasses.

I also prefer to have everything unlocked. Especially with something such as a fighting game for example.

When I was younger, I used to care about getting "the 100% completion". But back then, it was actually fun. 100% meant "you found all of the secrets". Now it's just trophies and BS like "kill the blue guy a thousand times" or "Play the game 50 times". So I don't care about that anymore.

Denji

Yeah I hate how trophies is changing how games would reward you in the past.

My OCD in RPGs is I always have to have an amount of items divisble by 5. So say I have 7 potions, I'll buy 3 more to make ten or if I have 99 potions I'll sell them to get a cleaner number. I don't get why the cap is 99, just make it 100 gosh.

zspec562

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 zspec562
Member since 2007 • 253 Posts

[QUOTE="Scianix-Black"]

Rakuho

i definitely have these...

ughh.. can't count the number of times reloading got me in trouble (i kind of kicked the habbit, but still reload after a kill once in a while)... and chests? i even open those after i overstocked and have uber equipment...

to those i would also add:

Extra Button Pressing: For some reason i tend to think that would do extra damage...

Item attachment: sometimes when i pick up fairly rare perishable items (recovery, stat boost, etc) i feel the need to savor them... and often time i end up not using them at all throughout the entire course of the game when they could have clearly made things easier...

I do the item attachment thing. Like with Power, Mind, Luck, etc. Sources in FFVII Also if there are multiple paths in a game I'll go left first. If left ends up being the way to progress I'll backtrack and go right
samosir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 samosir
Member since 2007 • 273 Posts
When I have of look around EVERYWHERE in fps game. I have to look at EVERY place of place before mover on to next part of level.
Texas2089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Texas2089
Member since 2003 • 16490 Posts

once I start a series on a particular console every iteration has to be on that console, even if there is a "superior" version on another console. The only way I will change consoles is if the game is not available on the original console, like how RE4 was on the cube for RE5 wasn't on the Wii, if it were, even with it being on the PS3 and 360 I would have gotten it for the Wii. When Bioshock 2 comes out I will get it for the 360 because thats where I played the first, the same goes for Dead Rising. And I will get Assassins Creed 2 and MW2 on the PS3 because thats where I play those franchises. My series have to have order to them. Sepewrath

I'm the exact same way. I keep all my games on the same console if I can, and if I'm forced to switch, I stick with the new one after that. That's the reason I'm getting Assassin's Creed 2 and BioShock 2 for 360 and I'm getting FFXIII and Metal Gear Solid Rising for PS3 (to name a few examples for each). The only exceptions I would say for this are DMC4 and Madden 07. I played all the DMC games on PS2, but I didn't have my PS3 when it came it out so I got the 4th for 360, and if they release a 5th I'd probably get that for 360 too. With Madden, me and my brother had always shared a copy on a Nintendo Platform (2002 for N64 and 2004 and 2005 for GC), but when 07 came out I got it for 360 because I didn't want the motion controls, and I'm buying 10 for 360 too in 2 weeks when it comes out.

I have this weird thing where if it's a game that fills in the map as you explore, I explore every last inch to make the map complete, even if I don't need to go in the area at all. This was put to the extreme in Persona 3 and 4 because the floors changed every day in the game, so when I would go to floor XX, even after I had found the stairs I would still explore the rest of the floor to finish the map, even if I was just reentering to find an item or level grind. I also open every last chest I find, and when I find a good item, I wind up hoarding it to save for the end of the game, but most of the time I never use the items I hoard anyway, so instead of using them in the beginning or middle when I actually need them, I'm stuck with them at the end.

I don't really think reloading is OCD though. To me it's common sense to reload after a battle so that when you enter the next you're ready to go. Now if you're the kind of person that comes out from cover, fires 2 shots, ducks behind cover again, and then reloads, that would be OCD, but not after every battle.

EDIT:

My OCD in RPGs is I always have to have an amount of items divisble by 5. So say I have 7 potions, I'll buy 3 more to make ten or if I have 99 potions I'll sell them to get a cleaner number. I don't get why the cap is 99, just make it 100 gosh.Zidaneski

OMG I forgot this. I always keep things in 5's, 10's, or 20's if I'm buying to replenish stock. If I just find items though I let the number go and if it hits 99 I leave it. Also I guess this multiple of 5's thing counts for stats in Fallout 3. Every time I level up I always try and get my stats to multiples of 5. I upgrade the ones I want first and then try and balance out the rest as best I can with the remaining points to get them to 5 or 0. Another one I forgot is party order. I always try and keep all my characters levels the same, even if it's a character I don't use or like, and when I switch them in and out, I try and keep them in the same order. I have entirely too many of these lol

gollum007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#35 gollum007
Member since 2005 • 765 Posts
yea i have reload syndrome especially on games like CoD4 and BF1943, also overcompensation especially in Burnout Paradise (even though i don't play it anymore), Also, i seem to have a little bit of a problem worrying about getting 100% completion in some games, but some have bs trophies like Warhawk or Killzone 2 or Resistance 2 that require you to be addicted to get them all. When will devs learn not to make such ridiculous trophies? Do i really need to get 10,000 kills in ranked Competitive games Resistance 2? NO! SCREW YOU!
Tom-Servo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Tom-Servo
Member since 2009 • 221 Posts

I wouldn't say ocd but pissed when I make it to a location with a lot of enemies and I don't have ammo

Terrencec06

Yes me too. And just the overall unprepared effect in general. At the moment I'm playing Nocturne and I got like surprise attacked by 'Matador' at a lowish level and he kicked my ass and I didn't save for a while.

Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Zidaneski
Member since 2003 • 9266 Posts

I don't really think reloading is OCD though. To me it's common sense to reload after a battle so that when you enter the next you're ready to go. Now if you're the kind of person that comes out from cover, fires 2 shots, ducks behind cover again, and then reloads, that would be OCD, but not after every battle.Texas2089

I still do that. I was watching my friend play Killzone 2 yesterday and he hardly ever reloaded on his own. It really got on my nerves. I think I got the OCD from playing the campaign in Killzone 2 without the Hud stuff on screen. So I couldn't see the crosshair or the amount of ammo. It did make it more realistic though.

Texas2089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Texas2089
Member since 2003 • 16490 Posts

[QUOTE="Texas2089"] I don't really think reloading is OCD though. To me it's common sense to reload after a battle so that when you enter the next you're ready to go. Now if you're the kind of person that comes out from cover, fires 2 shots, ducks behind cover again, and then reloads, that would be OCD, but not after every battle.Zidaneski

I still do that. I was watching my friend play Killzone 2 yesterday and he hardly ever reloaded on his own. It really got on my nerves. I think I got the OCD from playing the campaign in Killzone 2 without the Hud stuff on screen. So I couldn't see the crosshair or the amount of ammo. It did make it more realistic though.

I guess it would make it more realistic but I couldn't play without the HUD. I like knowing how much I have so I know when to reload on my own instead of just guessing or constantly reloading for no reason. Having no crosshair makes things a lot more difficult I would assume unless you always went to the zoom view to use the scope/sight on every single shot.
director13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 director13
Member since 2004 • 1677 Posts
Reload Syndrome: Check also, because i started gaming on the ps1 with games such as Resident Evil and Silent Hill, i have adopted the....wait for it...: "Gathering Syndrome." Like you TC, i cannot leave a room without stripping it down and searching every nook. Its funny, cause now a-days, devs usually OVER stock you with things like bullets and items. Yet, i still do it. I also have "Cheap Bastard Syndrome". Like the Greed Syndrome, i gather and gather and gather money (even the little ones) only to not spend it at all because im a cheapskate. I also have End Credits Syndrome: I must watch all the credits...in hopes of getting a goody for doing so...much to my avail :( well, thats what i can think of now, but im sure there are many more.
Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts

As far as "conserving" goes, only if the game calls for it. I do it a lot in Fallout 3 though because it actually has to count in the first part. But if there isn't a limit per se, then I don't really care.

As far as reloading goes, I do when I have cover just to avoid the "shot while reloading" annoyance:lol:

snowman6251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#41 snowman6251
Member since 2006 • 5321 Posts

Reload. Not only do I reload after every firefight, I reload like 6 times while killing one guy. Probably not smart.

If I start a mission or a level, I'm going to finish it assuming its not a pressing issue that would require me to leave immediately. Otherwise, I ain't leaving til its done.

Fire Emblem "OH NOES BOYD!!!!!" syndrome. Exclusive to Fire Emblem series as of now but if someone (besides Meg of course) dies, reset console. Actually this last one I let a few guys die but it really tore me up inside.

Same controller syndrome. I have multiple controllers for most of my consoles. I always use a certain one of them (even though its usually the one suffering from the most wear and tear). Even bring them over to friend's houses to use it.

And I keep my games in Alphabetical Order separated by console.

EDIT: I also go back through the newly cleared out room and such looking for extras. I never find them :(

SaudiFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 1

#42 SaudiFury
Member since 2007 • 8709 Posts

in games like Fallout 3. i'll actively rummage through every nook and crany of a room to see if i find anything particularly useful. then i'll quick-travel back to the house and stock it up.

Reload after every major gun battle and stock up on enemies ammo.

When playing a game like Resistance or Gears of War, where your ammo for your specific gun runs dry, time to pick up the enemies rifle and use theirs.

Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#43 Chaos_Bladez
Member since 2007 • 5801 Posts
I reload too much at stupid times. I wish I wouldn't. :P I also, in some games, look for treasures everywhere. Uncharted and InFamous were great examples. :D
Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Gxgear
Member since 2003 • 10425 Posts

Reload syndrome is not really OCD it just makes sense to keep a full clip at all times, unless you opt to reload even when things are still shooting at you.

I'm obsessed with being 100% completist with RPGs. If I missed something I'll either restart or stop playing altogether.

DethSkematik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 117

#45 DethSkematik
Member since 2008 • 3900 Posts
Mine is keeping the same armor I started out with. I know it defeats the purpose of HAVING armor, but after all them hours of soaking up bullets/swords, I get a little attached to it :P. Same for the weapons. In fighting games, I tend to pick one favorite character, then ignore the rest...which is why I hate trophies tied to completing the game with all characters.
heatfanman101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 heatfanman101
Member since 2008 • 2877 Posts

I have two.

1. I reload like crazy

2. I'm really impulsive with buying games

BayKing8877

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 BayKing8877
Member since 2009 • 53 Posts

If there is a map in the game where even a little part is shaded because I didn'tgo to that part and I know that there is nothing there I will still go just to make the map complete

kingdre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 kingdre
Member since 2005 • 9456 Posts

I always play on easy (or very easy) at first then kick up the difficulty every time I finish.

hazelnutman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 hazelnutman
Member since 2007 • 9688 Posts

Scianix-Black

Gaaah! GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!

Avatar image for deactivated-58f6434d57f33
deactivated-58f6434d57f33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deactivated-58f6434d57f33
Member since 2009 • 1171 Posts

I have reloading syndrome that is always a cause of death in Battlefield 1943 - reloading is prettyrealistic but soooo annoying at certain points.