Would u want a pokemon game for ps3?

• 54 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Altair69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Altair69
Member since 2007 • 613 Posts

ok forget about those games on DS and gameboy, imagine a M+ or A+ game with pokemon made by sqauer enix, i mean, pokemon have great potencial.

Just imagine MewTwo as this big boss, that lay whole cities in ruins, and team rocket was some dead serious bad guys.

i think if square enix could put togheter this right it could be really really cool !

is it only me that think this would be cool? :P

samiup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 samiup
Member since 2006 • 767 Posts

why not, i like to try new stuff.

IllegalGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 IllegalGamer
Member since 2005 • 1178 Posts
a full 3D pokemon game would fking rock!
cmpepper23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 cmpepper23
Member since 2005 • 3281 Posts
I would love to see it happen, but it's just hard for me to imagine playing a good pokemon game that isn't on a gameboy.
rogerjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 rogerjak
Member since 2004 • 14950 Posts
hmmm...no thak you. i'm sick and tired of Pokemon. Besides, Pokemon belongs in handhelds IMO.
SolidSiems

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SolidSiems
Member since 2005 • 314 Posts

Pokemon = Nintendo

So no way.

We have Folklore :) the concept is similar.

NinjaMunkey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 NinjaMunkey01
Member since 2007 • 7485 Posts

no, just no.

No matter how much blood, gore and other mature stuff you put into it. Its still a kids game, designed for kids, marketed for them, toys made for them, show made for them. Its for kids. thats it.

Mcgnnis1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 Mcgnnis1
Member since 2006 • 811 Posts
eww..no..i definitely do not want a Pokemon game for Ps3.
zeke2040

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 zeke2040
Member since 2005 • 1575 Posts
very bad idea... pokemon is a kids game... enough said..
Altair69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Altair69

very bad idea... pokemon is a kids game... enough said..zeke2040

yeah well, thats why i said forget about the games on DS and gameboy, :P

just try imagine it as a M+ : O

adam_53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 adam_53
Member since 2005 • 298 Posts
yo man thatd be SICK. imo tho, since pokemon is already kid friendly, imagine a ps3 full 3d version based onna few expansions of magic te gathering?
LuckyLy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 LuckyLy
Member since 2008 • 1987 Posts

It's a bad idea cause it's a kids game? Did you also think it was a bad idea when Square-Enix struck a deal with Disney to develop Kingdom Hearts?:roll:

Altair69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Altair69

[QUOTE="zeke2040"]very bad idea... pokemon is a kids game... enough said..LuckyLy

It's a bad idea cause it's a kids game? Did you also think it was a bad idea when Square-Enix struck a deal with Disney to develop Kingdom Hearts?:roll:

good point ! :)

but also if everyone that complains its a kids game, read first post ffs :)

vivelaps3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 vivelaps3
Member since 2007 • 1060 Posts
couls be interesting lol:p
420Token420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 420Token420
Member since 2007 • 5173 Posts
No I wouldn't ..
Sk8ter_213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Sk8ter_213
Member since 2003 • 4573 Posts

pokemon = animal cruelty

you take them away from their natural habitat, make them fight others for your own entertainment. the reason why people don't notice this is because they draw smiles on their faces.

and i think PS3 is better off without pokemon even if it was rated M

potterpipi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#17 potterpipi
Member since 2005 • 16597 Posts
... wtf man? A pokemon game for the ps3? hell na. A game with the whole pokemon concept but T or M, yeah.
grahamx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 grahamx
Member since 2005 • 153 Posts
No, it wouldn't be a good move, first off pokemon is a kiddy game, and should remain that way as an adult pokemon game would just be a dumb move due to the fact that the games are about young subject matter, and the cute little pokemans killing people would look so stupid... and second Square's latest games have been bad for the most part, and they'd screw over the franchise by adding some poorly executed, uneeded element, where nintendo would stick with whats best, but would just make it better.
War-Tex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 War-Tex
Member since 2006 • 2014 Posts
I think Pokemon should stick to handhelds.
LuckyLy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 LuckyLy

No, it wouldn't be a good move, first off pokemon is a kiddy game, and should remain that way as an adult pokemon game would just be a dumb move, and second Square's latest games have been bad for the most part, and they'd screw over the franchise by adding some poorly executed, uneeded element, where nintendo would stick with whats best, but would just make it better.grahamx

Again, just cause a game is kiddy doesn't mean it won't be a good move. Kingdom Hearts turned out well. And would you mind listing some games that they "Screwed over?"

hermes200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#21 hermes200
Member since 2003 • 1627 Posts

No thanks...

1- Pokemon is owned by Nintendo, so it is not going to happend.

2- Pokemon series is Nintendo's response to the Madden and FIFA of the world. The new games are basically the same with some minor updates and updated content. And the whole different color thing is just dumb...

3- Never quite care about the gameplay of those games. It is basically a rock-paper-scissor game. For an RPG, is has to be the simpler battle system ever... wait for the opponent to select a pokemon, choose the opposite and win... rinse and repeat.

rogerjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 rogerjak
Member since 2004 • 14950 Posts

pokemon = animal cruelty

you take them away from their natural habitat, make them fight others for your own entertainment. the reason why people don't notice this is because they draw smiles on their faces.

Sk8ter_213

Don't forget the part where you put them in little balls

But then we have morons calling Locorroco RACIST because the enemies are black!! And we all know that the colour black represents evil. And besides, blacks aren't blacks....they are brown.

grahamx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 grahamx

[QUOTE="grahamx"]No, it wouldn't be a good move, first off pokemon is a kiddy game, and should remain that way as an adult pokemon game would just be a dumb move, and second Square's latest games have been bad for the most part, and they'd screw over the franchise by adding some poorly executed, uneeded element, where nintendo would stick with whats best, but would just make it better.LuckyLy

Again, just cause a game is kiddy doesn't mean it won't be a good move. Kingdom Hearts turned out well. And would you mind listing some games that they "Screwed over?"

Look at Bomberman Act Zero, turning a cute lovable charicter into a murderous one is stupid,stupid move to get the morons who say things need to be mature to be fun. Plus, saying kingdom hearts is a mature game is a joke, look at te size of the charictrers shoes, the general dialoge, the story, the people the charicters interact with, the worlds. It's a campy game for people looking for square cameos, and want a repetitive yet fun button masher gameplay.

And if you want to see a series that square has screwed over, look at the bloody FFVII series, Dirge Of Cerberus and Before Crisis were horrid, along with the FFIII remake, FF I and II for PSP which were to cash in on the popularity of the series by reintroducing sevearly dated games with decent graphics. Plus, Square used to be known untill the FF series as a terrible company, who released games like 3D World Runner, untill they almost went bankrupt.

PenguinGod19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 PenguinGod19
Member since 2004 • 1895 Posts
Ok I may be the only one in the world but I Freakin LOVED 3d World Runner. XD
LuckyLy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 LuckyLy
[QUOTE="LuckyLy"]

[QUOTE="grahamx"]No, it wouldn't be a good move, first off pokemon is a kiddy game, and should remain that way as an adult pokemon game would just be a dumb move, and second Square's latest games have been bad for the most part, and they'd screw over the franchise by adding some poorly executed, uneeded element, where nintendo would stick with whats best, but would just make it better.grahamx

Look at Bomberman Act Zero, turning a cute lovable charicter into a murderous one is stupid,stupid move to get the morons who say things need to be mature to be fun. Plus, saying kingdom hearts is a mature game is a joke, look at te size of the charictrers shoes, the general dialoge, the story, the people the charicters interact with, the worlds. It's a campy game for people looking for square cameos, and want a repetitive yet fun button masher gameplay.

And if you want to see a series that square has screwed over, look at the bloody FFVII series, Dirge Of Cerberus and Before Crisis were horrid, along with the FFIII remake, FF I and II for PSP which were to cash in on the popularity of the series by reintroducing sevearly dated games with decent graphics. Plus, Square used to be known untill the FF series as a terrible company, who released games like 3D World Runner, untill they almost went bankrupt.

1. Square-Enix did NOT developed Bomberman Act Zero, they just distribute it.

2. I never said Kingdom Hearts was a mature game. All I said was for a "kiddy game" it turned out to be a success.

3. Yes, I agree that Dirge of Cerberus was a bad move on Square-Enix's part, but Crisis Core was awesome.

4. What are you trying to prove by bringing up Square's past history?

04JETTA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 04JETTA
Member since 2005 • 5769 Posts
most definitly
grahamx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 grahamx
[QUOTE="grahamx"][QUOTE="LuckyLy"]

[QUOTE="grahamx"]No, it wouldn't be a good move, first off pokemon is a kiddy game, and should remain that way as an adult pokemon game would just be a dumb move, and second Square's latest games have been bad for the most part, and they'd screw over the franchise by adding some poorly executed, uneeded element, where nintendo would stick with whats best, but would just make it better.LuckyLy

2. I never said Kingdom Hearts was a mature game. All I said was for a "kiddy game" it turned out to be a success.

3. Yes, I agree that Dirge of Cerberus was a bad move on Square-Enix's part, but Crisis Core was awesome.

LOLOLOL your statement is completely incorrect... I never said Square created Bomberman Act Zero, I said that it was a good example of a kid friendly game being turned into a terrible mature game, and plus Square has nothing to do with publishing, or distributing Act Zero, it was Konami genius. Plus, I never mentioned Crisis Core, I said BEFORE CRISIS, look it up. And bringing up the history of a company is the best way top see what their future movements will be, as they are still the same company as it used to be, and if they couldn't make non FF games or RPGs back then, what shows that they'd make better games now? They are totally inexperianced at making anything else, and if they keep allowing Charicter Designers and artists like Tetsuya Nomura as head game designers, who have absolutely no video game directing or designing experiance before hand, you'll be sure to have more "classic" (IE: Crappy) games to come out.

boysy37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 boysy37
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
Its about time the pokemon series got put to rest if you ask me. Got boring long ago.
Ryder123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#29 Ryder123
Member since 2005 • 1984 Posts
Nintendo owns Pokemon so it will never be released on the PS3, plus Pokemon is boring!
AnFangs_Endes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 AnFangs_Endes
Member since 2007 • 3785 Posts

No.

I just want Gamefreak to re-invigorate the series on the Nintendo handhelds. They seem content to sit back and rake in the money without putting in anything that'd mix the series up a lot.

Cheshyre9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Cheshyre9
Member since 2007 • 221 Posts
if you wanna play pokemon, go buy a wii.
Nasty_butler_9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Nasty_butler_9
Member since 2007 • 1540 Posts
[QUOTE="LuckyLy"][QUOTE="grahamx"][QUOTE="LuckyLy"]

[QUOTE="grahamx"]No, it wouldn't be a good move, first off pokemon is a kiddy game, and should remain that way as an adult pokemon game would just be a dumb move, and second Square's latest games have been bad for the most part, and they'd screw over the franchise by adding some poorly executed, uneeded element, where nintendo would stick with whats best, but would just make it better.grahamx

LOLOLOL your statement is completely incorrect... I never said Square created Bomberman Act Zero, I said that it was a good example of a kid friendly game being turned into a terrible mature game, and plus Square has nothing to do with publishing, or distributing Act Zero, it was Konami genius. Plus, I never mentioned Crisis Core, I said BEFORE CRISIS, look it up. And bringing up the history of a company is the best way top see what their future movements will be, as they are still the same company as it used to be, and if they couldn't make non FF games or RPGs back then, what shows that they'd make better games now? They are totally inexperianced at making anything else, and if they keep allowing Charicter Designers and artists like Tetsuya Nomura as head game designers, who have absolutely no video game directing or designing experiance before hand, you'll be sure to have more "classic" (IE: Crappy) games to come out.

Jesus, grahamx you need to calm down it's a gaming forum lol, your defending a loved ones grave for gods sake,

BACK ON TOPIC

MAYBE, it would never happen, but if it did, alot of people would buy a ps3 just for the game. And I doubt Pokemon's creator would want the gam to go A+ or even T for that matter

LuckyLy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 LuckyLy
[QUOTE="LuckyLy"][QUOTE="grahamx"][QUOTE="LuckyLy"]

What was wrong with Tetsuya Nomura directing games? Kingdom Hearts I&II were fantastic games and millions would agree. You say they can't make any good RPG's beside Final Fantasy then how would you explain Chrono Cross, Chrono Trigger, Xenogears, Vagrant Story, Dragon Quest, Valkyrie Profile, Star Ocean and Bushido Blade?

eric252

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 eric252
Member since 2008 • 594 Posts
If it was fully 3D rated AO and wasn't turnbased, then it would be one really funny game. I would consider buying it.
grahamx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 grahamx
[QUOTE="grahamx"][QUOTE="LuckyLy"][QUOTE="grahamx"][QUOTE="LuckyLy"]

What was wrong with Tetsuya Nomura directing games? Kingdom Hearts I&II were fantastic games and millions would agree. You say they can't make any good RPG's beside Final Fantasy then how would you explain Chrono Cross, Chrono Trigger, Xenogears, Vagrant Story, Dragon Quest, Valkyrie Profile, Star Ocean and Bushido Blade?

Notice how they haven't even touched any of those series in the longest time, other than Dragon Quest, and Valkyrie Profile, and all those other games mentioned were from the last era. Crap like dirge of Cerberus and Crystal Chronicles is all we get from them now, and the fact they insist on outting games like the FFIV sequal on cell phones is rediculous. Square has become garbage since it's merger with enix, and that is the truth. If you insist on bringing up kingdom hearts over and over, in truth there wasn't much fantastic about either of them, as they were just button mashers with no real stragegy or skill required to beat them other than the occasionasl intense boss fight like the ones with Sephiroth, and a Organisation XIII member, they rely on fan service, and their fanbase to get the games to sell, and a typical cliche anime storyline that a Legend of Zelda ganme could easilly beat, as it doesn't rely on cheesy dialoge and cliche charicters. Square needs to get it's act together and put the care that it used to in it's games, without relying on, and creating more, and more franchises. They now drain the life out of anything they can, with the VII sequels, and the XII series, and the XIII series they claim to try to get to last over 10 years.

Other than that, having a pokemon game for PS3 is a stupid idea, as it is a nintendo property. Having it a teen or mature rating is a dumb idea due to the playfull nature of the series, and it's lighthearteness, plus, the pokemon themselves are impossible to take seriously, just look at the designs and names of these things. Its all for fun.

This is a dumb topic, may it die.

ludacriss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ludacriss
Member since 2005 • 1150 Posts
No, but PONG would be great!!! :D
Judonwanit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Judonwanit
Member since 2005 • 1246 Posts
pokemon was hot like 10 years ago lol. I think a game that utilizes the psEYE would be great. like you controll the character but fight through cards. idk. w.e
LittleYoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 LittleYoshi
Member since 2004 • 1490 Posts
WTH!!!! LOL @ the topic
stengy18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 stengy18
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

A hell naw. keep that **** off of the ps3. If pokemon were to get on the world's best console, I woulf kill someone. Keep that junk on nintendo consoles

mkno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 mkno
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
That would be so awsome! ... i Love pokemon and i dont think its only for kids.. im 15 and i watch pokemon
starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 starwarsjunky
Member since 2009 • 24765 Posts
you DO realize pokemon is licensed and owned by nintendo, right??? itd be like getting mario galaxy on ps3...
tekken220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 tekken220
Member since 2008 • 5105 Posts
That would be so awsome! ... i Love pokemon and i dont think its only for kids.. im 15 and i watch pokemonmkno
I'm 15 as well, but I don't bump old threads. :roll:
almossbb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 almossbb
Member since 2008 • 1979 Posts

pokemon = animal cruelty

Sk8ter_213

ya well they are fake mutated animals with super powers, so i dont care for it too much

and i dont think a pokemon for the ps3 is a good idea at all, leave pokemon for nintendo.

oajlu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#44 oajlu
Member since 2006 • 2652 Posts

no, i am not a fan of it.

hxczuner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 hxczuner
Member since 2009 • 2672 Posts

I've always wanted a full JRPG-style Pokemon. Not necessarily M rated (though i wouldn't mind) but more like the anime. I've always felt kind of stupid watching the show then playing the game because of the huge disconnect between the two.

wwefanforlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 120

#46 wwefanforlife
Member since 2006 • 3248 Posts

I don't need one I got Invizmals on the PSP which is just pretty much like Pokemon but better as it uses the camera and it's more of a fighting game then a RPG.

jjivey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#47 jjivey
Member since 2010 • 1354 Posts

Pokemon is a kid's game but its also has great mechanics for a RPG. I only played a few of them, but they felt more like a simple rpg than a kid's game. Its fun to level up those monsters.

If your looking for a more modernized Pokemon game, even though its not that modern, check out Jade Cocoon for the PS1. That was a classic game and carries most of the elements that makes Pokemon successful.

damnet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 damnet
Member since 2005 • 254 Posts

umm, it actually doesn't matter whether anyone would want it or not, it's a nintendo owned IP, hell will freeze (or nintendo will give up on the hardware market, whichever comes first) before you see a Pokemon game in non nintendo consoles...

also square enix has nothing to do with it.

but yeah, would be nice I guess.
StealthMonkey4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 StealthMonkey4
Member since 2009 • 7434 Posts

No, Pokemon needs to stay 2D and stay a handheld game.

hxczuner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 hxczuner
Member since 2009 • 2672 Posts

No, Pokemon needs to stay 2D and stay a handheld game.

StealthMonkey4

Well you're out of luck there. The new Pokemon on the DS (Black and White) is supposed to be 3D.