Why does everyone hate Call of duty now?

• 89 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

francisoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 francisoc
Member since 2010 • 80 Posts

[QUOTE="blueboxdoctor"]

[QUOTE="jer_1"]

The first two MW's were pretty revolutionary for their time, now people are starting to realize that the games are bringing less and less innovation to the table and it seems to be pissing people off more and more each time. All I can say is MW3 better kick all ass or people might actually learn a lesson. I won't be buying it but there is no doubt I will be reading about the game to see how it turns out.

jer_1

I wouldn't really say MW2 was overly revolutionary. I can't comment on the 1st, but from what I've read it seems like it really opened up a whole bunch of new things for the genre.

Yeah, I suppose it wasn't really revolutionary, the first definitely was from my perspective. MW2 just took things to another level, higher quality and added a lot more extra goodies for people to play for, it was a quality game. I guess MW2 would be more evolutionary than revolutionary.

This. I have MW1 on PC and I think it's the best CoD ever. MW2 was decent, but I already started to have some complaints about the lack of innovation. But then with Black Ops I lost any hope I had for the CoD franchise, so I recently bought Killzone 3 (which I'm playing and loving right now).

J-Man725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 J-Man725
Member since 2006 • 6786 Posts

I enjoy COD, but I also believe there is a lot of room for improvement in the series, which I'm not seeing from one game to the next. Until then COD will always be a bargain bin game to me.

gta_gamer10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#53 gta_gamer10
Member since 2009 • 432 Posts

i think the call of duty games are good, however they are not amazing. Campaign really needs to be longer, and multiplayer definitely has its flaws

Avatar image for Backyardparadox
Backyardparadox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Backyardparadox
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
COD MW is the best in this genre, it simply destroys Bad Company and Ghost recon
The_Ronin129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 The_Ronin129
Member since 2010 • 191 Posts
It's just the hip thing nowadays to hate on really popular games.
MCL0789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 MCL0789
Member since 2011 • 80 Posts

I really really liked COD4.. who didn't?

I skipped MW2 cause it looked identical.

I got BlOps for christmas and had a great time with it, on and offline. Campaign was a refreshing change of pace (it wasn't great, but it was fun), it had an interesting, albeit kinda silly and predictable, and the multiplayer was fun! Not DLC worthy, but I really had a good time with it.

Bass7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#57 Bass7
Member since 2004 • 6614 Posts

Because it was actually pretty fun during CoD4. The guns had no recoil, the maps designs allowed for faster action, and quick scoping was actually fun because it took skill. MW2 was just a crapfest with noob tubes, OMA, glitches. And with Black Ops, I feel like it's a little TOO balanced...or there's nothing new or something. It's just straight up boring. Just my opinion though :P.

I do like the campaign for the CoD games though. Treyarch always seems to do better on the story, at least for me.

GamerNerdTalk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 1

#58 GamerNerdTalk
Member since 2011 • 341 Posts

Easy, because Metal Gear Solid 4 and Vanquish still show uwa true reay value is, The game has to be fun

OrcsP2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 OrcsP2
Member since 2006 • 900 Posts

well for one, call of duty elite.

i feel sorry for those dumb enough to PAY to looks at numbers and maps of virtual people shooting, dying, respawning, or looking at stats to prove your "better" than you. cod is becoming a milking cow, and man oh man were they succesful. we will eventually be paying MORE than the game itself on crappy map packs. if they really cared about thier customers they would MAKE MORE GUNS and add them in...

x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#60 x-2tha-z
Member since 2003 • 8994 Posts
It's just the hip thing nowadays to hate on really popular games.The_Ronin129
I'm sick of hearing people say this. It comes across as, 'how could you possibly hate these shooters? They're the best thing ever. Oh, you must just be saying it because you're trying to be cool'. Who was it that decided that hating these games was "cool", anyway? For a lot of people, myself included, we really do hate these games. We don't buy them and we don't play them. Do you really think I'd miss out on a game that I liked, just because I wanted to look cool to a bunch of strangers on an Internet forum? Don't be ridiculous. If I liked the game, I'd say I did and I'd buy it. I buy popular games. I'll buy Gears 3 and Skyrim when they're released. They're popular aren't they? Whatever. Keep thinking these shooters are so amazing, everyone must love them.
xboxfreak1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 xboxfreak1
Member since 2004 • 461 Posts

I haven't read any of the rest of the thread, but figured I would give my 2 cents. I don't hate call of duty, just mainly burned out on them. I like at least 2 years between my games, even my favorite ones. Otherwise, they start to lose their specialness. For example, I LOVE uncharted 1 and 2 sp and even loved U2 mp, however, if they started coming out every year, I would start to lose interest.

Also, I don't like how there hasn't been much innovation in the series in since CoD4 really. I loved 4, but then IW got lazy and arrogant for MW2. That has been my least favorite in the series since the campaign was just boom, boom, explosion, explosion overload and the mp was horribly unbalanced. Again, just my opinion.

tommyas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 tommyas
Member since 2007 • 2594 Posts
To me, a game is good when you play online and you dont get crazy if you die or are losing the whole match. CoD is NOT that type of game. Lag, hit detection issues, more lag, host migrations way too often, overpowered killstreaks which can kill you several times in a row, a second after spawning, awful community and the whole game mechanics basically force people to camp, even in objective based modes. Losing or diying in Bad Company 2 just doesnt make me go crazy, or only in a good way that I want to beat the other team. I can blame most of the deaths in BC2 on myself and myself only. Plus people tend to cooperate more there. That game isnt about KD ratio but about doing objectives. Heck, even the scoreboard doesnt tell you kills and deaths until the end of a match. Its all about objectives and you can win by doing many other things apart from getting kills while camping in a bush. I also play CoD but never alone and never for more than an hour because I cant stand more of it in one go.
ProjectTwenty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 ProjectTwenty

It brainwashes gamers, it forces them to not even give other games a chance because yanno.....they have to play more COD, most overrated piece of turd ever.

kramer_inc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 129

#64 kramer_inc
Member since 2008 • 1303 Posts

I just like to play games. I enjoy cod games for the sp experience. I play very few multi-player games Killzone and Resistance being a two. I think the majority of the hate is directed at the online part of the cod games. just my opinion

RGDT021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 RGDT021
Member since 2008 • 939 Posts

COD4 was my intro to online play, and boy oh boy was I hooked! I only buy the Infinity Ward versions... a new COD every single year is WAY too much.

Looking forward to MW3... hopefully it's more like COD4.

Englandfc1966

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Englandfc1966
Member since 2005 • 2217 Posts

Because it's the cool thing to do, the thing is though, everyone who is hating on it will be the ones buying it on release day, and I bet some will even que up at midnight.

ethelwiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 ethelwiss
i only buy cod for its MP when i want a good story i go play some RPGs, i own all games after cod 3. When i first played cod 4 i didnt even bother finish the SP ( even after a couple of days when i finished the story all i was left with was a bitter taste in my mouth) but when i tried the MP i was like "wow i got 2 games in the price of one cool". then cod waw came out i played the SP in veteran since i needed the plat trophie for my collection and then moved on to the MP i didnt really like it but using arisaka changed everything but still after a few days i returned to cod 4. cod 6 was identical to modern warfare but with some more MP options which i really liked but didnt give me what i needed. when i heard about black ops my hopes were placed rather high, but when i got the game i was so dissapointed the story didnt actualy made sence ( how the hell did reznov end up where mason was brainwashed? hasnt yet been answered) going to MP, while shooting an enemy for 8 secs i stop and ask him why the hell are you still alive? the detection issue was a real turn off. all in all the best cod for me was mw2 and the worst BO if i were to choose activision made better games
x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#68 x-2tha-z
Member since 2003 • 8994 Posts

Because it's the cool thing to do, the thing is though, everyone who is hating on it will be the ones buying it on release day, and I bet some will even que up at midnight.

Englandfc1966
I take it you didn't read my earlier post? Here, I'll re-post it for you. I'm sick of hearing people say, you're only saying you don't like it because it's popular. It comes across as, 'how could you possibly hate these shooters? They're the best thing ever. Oh, you must just be saying it because you're trying to be cool'. Who was it that decided that hating these games was "cool", anyway? For a lot of people, myself included, we really do hate these games. We don't buy them and we don't play them. Do you really think I'd miss out on a game that I liked, just because I wanted to look cool to a bunch of strangers on an Internet forum? Don't be ridiculous. If I liked the game, I'd say I did and I'd buy it. I buy popular games. I'll buy Gears 3 and Skyrim when they're released. They're popular aren't they? Whatever. Keep thinking these shooters are so amazing, everyone must love them.
Sk8ter_213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Sk8ter_213
Member since 2003 • 4573 Posts
It's like the THPS series all over again.
MarkEllisPage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 MarkEllisPage
I completely agree with you on this. Personally i feel the games that are made by Treyarch simply lack consistancy especially when sniping. Also graphically there isnt a comparison between black ops and MW2 i still play modern warfare now its a brilliant game. There is some nice features in black ops like Zombies and the add ons they have for the game they are neat but in regards to this game i wouldnt rate it very highly at all.
contracts420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 contracts420
Member since 2008 • 1956 Posts

I think the series died after COD4. It became overly multiplayer driven. The campaign for previous COD games were great until MW2. The campaign used to be a big focus for the series, now it just feels tagged on. I am not a multiplayer ***** anymore. I will take a great campaign over an FPS multiplayer shooting gallery anyday. I still do not understand the love for it, run from one side of the map to the other, shoot, run, shoot, reload, jump, change weapon, crouch, run, shoot. That is all multiplayer is.

robbie80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 robbie80
Member since 2005 • 988 Posts

Treyarch make great zombies codsbut the mp terrible with the like of flak jacket. It should had only protect against splash damage not expolsion like claymores,rpg and yea i know was suppose stop noobtubing but they went to far,and ghost make uav pointless.This thing about people hating cod is just stupid nobody really hate cod because it sell so well. It a game made mainly for kids and jump in and play people.

I think mw2 was unbalance but it was way more fun than blops.If infinity ward and slegdehammer games make mw3 like cod4 eveyone be happy but not like blops maybe a little like mw2 just without unblance gameplay.

JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#73 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts
I only liked the reasonably balanced ones like WaW and MW... MW2 and Black Ops are horrible games that i will not play ever again. I am done with CoD i don't care how good MW3 is i'm just sick of the new campaign, reskin and then put it back on the shelves job they do.
blabbyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 blabbyboy
Member since 2008 • 2614 Posts
Modern Warfare 2 is the best selling ps3 game of all time. Obviously there are going to be people who don't like it. Also I haven't heard much complaining about Black ops, its fun, balanced, and gots lots of content. (ex. Zombies, Wager Matches)
Aux99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Aux99
Member since 2011 • 1689 Posts

Modern Warfare 2 is the best selling ps3 game of all time. Obviously there are going to be people who don't like it. Also I haven't heard much complaining about Black ops, its fun, balanced, and gots lots of content. (ex. Zombies, Wager Matches)blabbyboy

Actually, Black Ops sold more than Modern Warfare 2 on the ps3

blabbyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 blabbyboy
Member since 2008 • 2614 Posts

[QUOTE="blabbyboy"]Modern Warfare 2 is the best selling ps3 game of all time. Obviously there are going to be people who don't like it. Also I haven't heard much complaining about Black ops, its fun, balanced, and gots lots of content. (ex. Zombies, Wager Matches)Aux99

Actually, Black Ops sold more than Modern Warfare 2 on the ps3

Alright, second best selling game.....
MC-Reap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 MC-Reap
Member since 2011 • 595 Posts
Because some of us have been playing CoD since the very. first. stinking. one. 0_-
tab134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#78 tab134
Member since 2011 • 346 Posts
i think that the series just hasn't gone anywhere since cod4. hell even cod4 was a rehash of cod2, just modern.
Rogueninja213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Rogueninja213
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
Personally its because i was hyped up about MW, without having played it but heard storys/reviews and was expecting MW2 to be great, but the MP was so unbalanced and unfair with hacks and exploits which they nver fixed or patch for console. Mybe im just spoiled by balance from Starcraft 2 but still, i excepted some form of balancing issue or at least fixes to the hacks/glitches. It was a pretty addicting game but i got fed up with no balance pretty much
CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#80 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9154 Posts
i like Cod series but i prefer KZ2&KZ3 and halo series by far
killerband55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 killerband55
Member since 2003 • 107961 Posts

i still play them, but i dont play MW2 cause it was ruined, thankfully Black Ops fixed that, but their connection issues are still worse than MW2 (so its like a bi-polar effect, or something like that), hopefully MW2 fixes all those problems (they already made sure Commando wasnt in that game)

TwiddleChimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 TwiddleChimp
Member since 2011 • 1878 Posts

I'm not an avid player of any online FPS game, but I enjoyed Modern Warfare 2. I don't really mind the CoD franchise one way or the other.

trastamad03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 trastamad03
Member since 2006 • 4859 Posts
Always hated the franchise... Never appealed to me. I was a Medal of Honor fan when back in the day CoD was WWII themed. Now I'm more of a BF fan since BF1942. (I wish they brought El Alamein back in BF3 instead of Sharqi Peninsula in the Back to Karkand bonus)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#84 29111
Member since 2008 • 327 Posts

COD4 had great story and I loved the online for the time (best online since goldeneye). being a Wii owner at the time, I could only get my fix with World at War, which was great for Wii, but didn't have that same "wow" factor I got with COD4 on my buddies xbox. Got COD:Reflex onWii, and enoyed it greatly. MW2 was great for the first month, great graphics, great levels (even if the "why" I was there was a little lost on me). Then the online fell apart with nuke boosting, cargo glitchers.So I stopped caring about COD because it never evolved/stopped making sense/glitched out

Switched to Battlefield and never gave blops a try. Not because BFBC2 has a better story (it barely has any story), but for the destruction 2.0 stuff. The maps are always changing. one time you may be able to put a sniper in this building, next time the building could be gone due to tanks and C4. Battlefield 3, hopefully, will be the perfect mix of COD story, and Bad Company multiplayer chaos.

RathiAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#85 RathiAssassin
Member since 2008 • 51 Posts

I didn't like Call of Duty before it was cool to not like it :P

Swift_Boss_A
HAHA Nice!! I have a joke for ya.. Q: How many hipsters does it take to screw in a light bulb? A: Some obscure number; you've probably never heard of it. XD
Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#86 Chaos_Bladez
Member since 2007 • 5801 Posts
I'm a casual CoD fan. Black Ops is the only one I actually liked and kept.
1337h4xx0rz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 1337h4xx0rz
Member since 2008 • 314 Posts

Black Ops was HORRIBLE. I always thought the MW games were great, thanks to Infinity Ward. Every game that wasnt developed by them sucked.

Why, oh why, do they have this undying need to go back to older times?????????

DrRockso87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#88 DrRockso87
Member since 2010 • 2647 Posts

I played Modern Warfare 2 a couple months ago. It's actually a solid game. The controls works fine, no glitches, freezing or screen-tearing (wish I could say the same about the Prince of Persia HD trilogy I'm still enduring), great music, good graphics, etc. But honestly, I thought the single-player game was pretty meh. It's not bad. It's just... alright.

I wouldn't purchase another Call of Duty game because I'm more of a single-player gamer and the campaign is too short for me to enjoy. Plus, it doesn't seem to change much with each game.

I think the main reason why it's become "cool" to hate this series is probably spite. Partly because of the success of the series but mostly because of how Activision milks these games with annual releases. If they just took their time, developed one every two years instead and maybe switched up the formula a little bit (granted if it ain't broke, don't fix it), there would probably be less hate. That's my two cents.

carrotjuice123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 carrotjuice123
Member since 2007 • 146 Posts

I do not like the series. Mainly because, after around 5 seperate games, there is almost NO difference gameplay wise.

I enjoy games that evolve as the series goes on, and my idea of "evolving" isnt adding a bunch of "new weapons for a multiplayer mode and a new campaign". Dont get me wrong, I actually love all of the CoD campaigns, they are amazing. In a cheasy blockbuster movie kind of way anyway.

The general fanbase for CoD is simply awful. on both the PS3 and the 360, servers are all filled with little kids that you have to mute every time you join a game. I wouldnt mind it if it didnt take two shots to kill someone, because damnit, I run out of a building and I get shot and killed almost instantly. you pretty much have to sit down for a whole game just to NOT die.

Well, it's not for me anyway... have fun with your CoD bros!